PDA

View Full Version : Happy Late Fathers Day

silverblk mystix
06-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Hope everyone had a great Fathers Day and either honored your own dad or were honored by your children.

I spent it in San Antonio and got to see my boy who is a grown man and we both went to visit my Dad's grave and it was all good. (despite the heat)

How was yours?

Did you reflect on all that your dad gave you? Taught you? Loved you?

Did you reflect on how to be a better dad to your children?

desflood
06-18-2012, 10:07 AM
My husband decided he was going to be difficult this year. Every time I asked him what he wanted for Father's Day he just said, "Twizzlers". Four or five times I asked and he always said the same thing. So I got him a big new camping backpack and stuffed it full of Twizzlers in various flavors. Hid them behind every zipper and in every pocket. Took him a while to find them all, but he had a good laugh while he was searching.

silverblk mystix
06-18-2012, 10:11 AM
My husband decided he was going to be difficult this year. Every time I asked him what he wanted for Father's Day he just said, "Twizzlers". Four or five times I asked and he always said the same thing. So I got him a big new camping backpack and stuffed it full of Twizzlers in various flavors. Hid them behind every zipper and in every pocket. Took him a while to find them all, but he had a good laugh while he was searching.

Nice.

Be careful what you ask for. :lol

Sounds like he had a great fathers day.

SpurinDallas
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I was supposed to go fishing yesterday but instead my wife had a false alarm, we thought she was going into labor and we spent 5 hours at the hospital. We were so exhausted after that that we grabbed a bite to eat and just came home and relaxed. Can't complain though, my wife and both kids were sleeping and I got another who will be born any day now, what more can a guy ask for?

silverblk mystix
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I was supposed to go fishing yesterday but instead my wife had a false alarm, we thought she was going into labor and we spent 5 hours at the hospital. We were so exhausted after that that we grabbed a bite to eat and just came home and relaxed. Can't complain though, my wife and both kids were sleeping and I got another who will be born any day now, what more can a guy ask for?

Congrats! :toast

SpurinDallas
06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Congrats! :toast

Thank you, sir

Drachen
06-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Edit

::unintentional troll attempt::

silverblk mystix
06-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Can't believe that I am the only troll in here.

mrsmaalox
06-18-2012, 11:31 AM
My husband is making a 24 hour pit stop here in town this afternoon, in between business trips. So the kids and I have gifts ready, and will grill him a nice steak dinner, and provide plenty of pampering and relaxation (massage, hot tub, comfy bed) before he's off again to fetch us more $$ ;)

silverblk mystix
06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
My husband is making a 24 hour pit stop here in town this afternoon, in between business trips. So the kids and I have gifts ready, and will grill him a nice steak dinner, and provide plenty of pampering and relaxation (massage, hot tub, comfy bed) before he's off again to fetch us more $$ ;)

He may not want to leave... ;)