PDA

View Full Version : Fears or Phobias

SpurinDallas
06-18-2012, 11:22 AM
What's yours?

I have a fear of dead bodies. And I don't mean someone who has recently passed and you happen to be there with that person (like someone who passed away of cancer and is surrounded by loved ones), but specifically, embalmed corpses. I've had this fear since I was 5 years old and I still have it to this day because of a funeral I was at that traumatized the hell out of me. Anytime we're at a funeral home to pay our respects to someone, I do my best to stay part of the crowd so I am not left alone. And it just so happens that when I have to go to the bathroom, its at the end of some long, dark hall on the opposite side of the building all by itself. AYE!

Drachen
06-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Fear Itself.

lebomb
06-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I do know lots of you mufawkus is afraid of a girls Fawtbox..........

Creepn
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
What's yours?

I have a fear of dead bodies. And I don't mean someone who has recently passed and you happen to be there with that person (like someone who passed away of cancer and is surrounded by loved ones), but specifically, embalmed corpses. I've had this fear since I was 5 years old and I still have it to this day because of a funeral I was at that traumatized the hell out of me. Anytime we're at a funeral home to pay our respects to someone, I do my best to stay part of the crowd so I am not left alone. And it just so happens that when I have to go to the bathroom, its at the end of some long, dark hall on the opposite side of the building all by itself. AYE!

What happened?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
heights more than anything. I get natious just watching people do stuff like free climb a bridge.

TimDunkem
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
^ Same here. I feel sick anytime I look down from a high place.

Bill_Brasky
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
heights more than anything. I get natious just watching people do stuff like free climb a bridge.

The ollllll sweaty palms

Fpoonsie
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Spiders.

Fuck off, redzero.

I. Hustle
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Thai people

SpurinDallas
06-18-2012, 01:39 PM
What happened?

I was 5 years old when my mom's aunt was killed in a car accident. I remember hearing the adults talking about the accident a few days later at my grandparents house and the day before the viewing. Her face was disfigured and she had lost all her teeth from the impact of the accident and she had broken some bones in her face. The director at the funeral home pleaded with her kids to have a closed casket because of her appearance but for some reason or another, they refused.

The next night, my parents couldn't find a sitter so they took my sister and me to them. The funeral was at Rodriguez Funeral Home. It's the one just west of 35 Downtown off Guadalupe St I think. We pulled up and I was freaked out by the red lights shining through the black tinted windows. The whole place was just creepy as hell. When we walked into the chapel, one of my aunts pulled my mom aside and I assume told my mom how bad her aunt looked so my mom sat us at the furthest back of the chapel. When my mom came back from seeing her aunt, she was in tears and told me and my sis to not dare go up to the casket. After a while, the adults started to clear out of the chapel and gather in the lobby. Some of my cousins and I were getting curious as to what the big fuss was all about and we walked up to the casket. We stood atop the step they have there for people to kneel and what I saw was complete horror. Her face was completely disfigured. Her eyes and her mouth were sunken in and you could see dark blotches of her skin from the bruising. She was wearing a bonnet decorated with flowers to hide the cuts she suffered all over her head. And that wasn't even the topper. As I stood there in complete shock, I swear to this day, I saw one of her fingers flinch. Her hands were holding each other across her stomach and it looked like her right pointer finger jumped up and settled back down. I remember being frozen in fear and slowly started to walk away and eventually joined my parents again. I had nightmares for weeks.

Thinking back, the finger flinching thing was probably my imagination, but there was no doubt of how bad her face looked. Since then, I have had a fear of corpses. Even when I've had close relatives pass, I keep my distance when paying my respects. Only time I didn't feel like this was with my mother passed away 2 years ago.

Anyway, that experience when I was 5 explains my fear

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Damn, that sucks. Sorry you had that experience at such a young age. I think that'll do it

I don't really have any fears or phobias. There are things I don't like or don't care for but nothing to call a fear or phobia.

clambake
06-18-2012, 02:24 PM
waking up poor.

BlairForceDejuan
06-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Suffocating

Not accomplishing what i want to accomplish in life at certain benchmark ages

Reck
06-19-2012, 02:08 AM
I have ophidiophobia or fear of snakes.

I know if you ask most people if they are afraid of snake the answer is a simple yes. My phobia about Snakes goes beyond the simple and natural fear of it.

Frenzy
06-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Nail polish n mosquitoes.

benefactor
06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Waterbugs.

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Thai people

alai wa?

Spurfect21
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Sharks. Scary shit

Halberto
06-20-2012, 11:25 PM
No phobias really, just a slight paranoia that I would be killed helplessly in a mass murdering sense. For instance, if someone went postal in my office and went from room to room shooting people (one person nobody likes is always carrying in the office, sometimes two at a time). It isn't one person specifically I'm afraid of doing it, it could be a random person that just goes psycho, like the UT sniper. I always imagine hearing people screaming in panic and gunfire all around me, then when it comes for me all I can do is panic for a second and enter the black nothingness of death. For some reason this anxiety is MUCH more severe when I'm hungover...

Woo Bum-kon
06-20-2012, 11:30 PM
No phobias really, just a slight paranoia that I would be killed helplessly in a mass murdering sense. For instance, if someone went postal in my office and went from room to room shooting people (one person nobody likes is always carrying in the office, sometimes two at a time). It isn't one person specifically I'm afraid of doing it, it could be a random person that just goes psycho, like the UT sniper. I always imagine hearing people screaming in panic and gunfire all around me, then when it comes for me all I can do is panic for a second and enter the black nothingness of death. For some reason this anxiety is MUCH more severe when I'm hungover...

What a silly fear.

Reck
06-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Paranoia is awesome.

It has helped me from being in a shit load of troubles, maybe even deaths, who knows.

But than again, its all about chances really. I could decide to go out and fall of the stairs or I could stay home one day and have a plane come crashing into the building.

DesignatedT
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
snakes

100%duncan
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
^ :tu

TE
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Spiders

Hustle & Flow
06-22-2012, 11:25 PM
9NxCEjMbNqY

Technique
06-23-2012, 01:09 AM
I have a phobia of being pushed onto the train tracks as the train arrives to the station. Everytime I stand next to the traintracks I envision someone trying to shove me, then I would play out a scene in my head where I would counter the shove, or if pushed onto the tracks do some sort of roll to get out of the way.

But, anyways...

mavs>spurs
06-23-2012, 01:43 AM
i don't like spiders or heights

TE
07-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Add in swimming in insanely deep water situated in the ocean...

Places like the Challenger Deep fascinate me. Check out how deep the widely regarded "deepest" place on the ocean floor is:
http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/challenger_deep.jpg

That's almost 7 miles deep!

In the past and very recently, people have been able to reach this ocean floor. Can't even begin to imagine what that water pressure would do to the human body at that depth.

Nothing would scare me more than swimming in the ocean and seeing nothing but vast dark blue/black water. Talk about feeling isolation. Only thing that would top that would be a manned trip across the cosmos.

TE
07-04-2012, 04:55 AM
0mBG0LbAoqk

Y2tm40uMhDI
:wow

gospursgojas
07-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Bridges