PDA

View Full Version : its been 2 weeks and it still hurts....

LASToog36
06-18-2012, 06:02 PM
dammmmn u stern for this playoff hangover!!!!

DMC
06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
That's just your pride fucking with you.

Budkin
06-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Same here. It's never taken me this long to get over a loss.

Paranoid Pop
06-18-2012, 07:10 PM
The good thing is it must hurt way more for Pop, may learn a thing or two from it.

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Meh, I'm over it. Looking forward to pefect season from the cowboys. :lol

Legacy
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
The good thing is it must hurt way more for Pop, may learn a thing or two from it.

We can only hope and pray -- yet AGAIN.

benefactor
06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
:cry:cry:cry

Magua
06-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Meh, I'm over it. Looking forward to pefect season from the cowboys. :lol

They get a new QB?

The_Worlds_finest
06-18-2012, 08:12 PM
My thoughts;
Better then looking at 8 beating the 1 seed.
Fuck Face Jefferson is Gone.....

thispego
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Spurs got screwed. It was a calculated screw job. I was over it in the 4th quarter of game 5 tbh

rascal
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
I told you guys back during the regular season not to fall for the fools Gold regular season and that you will be hurting. The Spurs roster was just not good enough on the frontline to expect a title this year.

SpurinDallas
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Justice is being served right now in the Finals, so it's making it easier for me to get over it.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Same here. It's never taken me this long to get over a loss.

You weren't around in 04 and 06????? Those were legit prime Spurs teams that lost :depressed. This one I got over quickly because they aren't the same D Spurs that would get stop when needed! Sure it hurt but they lost 4 in a row not because of Stern and the REFS like some say but got out played.

I know Refs late game 6 sucked but how the hell do you lose a game 5 at hoem and get down big? They came back but thats pathetic, thats the series there.
I told you guys back during the regular season not to fall for the fools Gold regular season and that you will be hurting. The Spurs roster was just not good enough on the frontline to expect a title this year.

YEP, I knew this FULLY after last year! This is why it doesn't hurt becuase like I said this is not our title team Spurs.
Spurs got screwed. It was a calculated screw job. I was over it in the 4th quarter of game 5 tbh

Spurs didn't get screwed in game 5, they got down 15 or so at HOME before that 4th and had to play comeback all damn night! Thats their own fault. They also blew an 18 pt lead, refs be damned.

Budkin
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
You weren't around in 04 and 06????? Those were legit prime Spurs teams that lost :depressed. This one I got over quickly because they aren't the same D Spurs that would get stop when needed! Sure it hurt but they lost 4 in a row not because of Stern and the REFS like some say but got out played.

Of course I was here for those but those felt different for me. They were much more painful for the first couple days but the pain subsided fairly quickly. Plus we were only in the second round. This one didn't hurt as bad when the game ended but as the days went on it became more apparent how much of a blown chance it was. We were two wins away from the Finals and playing a team we had owned. I made the mistake of buying into the hype that a championship was basically guaranteed and so I was already looking forward to that moment. When it didn't happen it was devastating to my psyche. Lame I know but I get so invested in this team every year as many of us do.

Rapper
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
We were the top seed in the west, damn

we won 20 games in a row and broke the record , damn

we had guys like Duncan, TP9, Manu, Sjax, Neal, Kawai, damn

we had the best coach in the NBA who won 2 time coach of the year , damn

we swept 2 teams in 2 rounds, damn

we should be in the finals , we are the best team throughout the league

Rapper
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I have not watched the game 6 of WCF yet, why? because I'm afraid of seeing Timmy's depression

VBM
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
They'll be in the playoffs next year. Shit happens.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM

I could never understand this mentality of 'Fools Gold'. Spurs were one of the top four teams in the league and in the playoffs there are some 50-50 plays that can change the direction of the game/series. To state that season was 'Fools Gold' is ridiculous. So does OKC revamp their roster if they lose to Miami? If 'Fools Gold' is in fact the case then the Heat should dismantle their Big Three as this would be the second season they lose in the Finals. Finally, their front line wasnt the issue as the Thunder or Heat hardly have a front line that is dominating. Either teams and their top three players are hardly considering strong front line players.

rascal
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I could never understand this mentality of 'Fools Gold'. Spurs were one of the top four teams in the league and in the playoffs there are some 50-50 plays that can change the direction of the game/series. To state that season was 'Fools Gold' is ridiculous. So does OKC revamp their roster if they lose to Miami? If 'Fools Gold' is in fact the case then the Heat should dismantle their Big Three as this would be the second season they lose in the Finals. Finally, their front line wasnt the issue as the Thunder or Heat hardly have a front line that is dominating. Either teams and their top three players are hardly considering strong front line players.

Ibaka played like an all star against the Spurs. The frontline was an issue.

The Spurs needed to pack the interior and left OK City shooters open because they did not have the athletes on the frontline to cover defensively efficiently.

Fools Gold was to believe the Spurs regular season success would be an indicator that they will win the championship. One look at the roster and you will see a weak frontline that will come up short against any top team.

Had the Spurs not had two easy opponents in the first two rounds they go home early. Had this same Spur team met Memphis from last year they go home in the first round. the team was not that much different from last years team. Sure Jackson was better than Jefferson and Diaw was a nice addition but those guys are not enough to make any type of difference .

The first good team the Spurs face in the playoffs this year they get beat.

bklynspursfan
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
This loss stings and it is up there with 04/06.

I still remember PJ Carlisamo saying Pop felt that 06 team was good enough to win a championship and they didn't make too many drastic changes, came back and won it all.

A full year/training camp I think we can try and shift more towards being a top defensive team again in the 6-8 range. Minor tweaks to our roster, but nothing drastic.

SamoanTD
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
At least we weren't a first round exit I'm more excited about this offseason kind of took away from thinking about it.

TampaDude
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
They'll be in the playoffs next year. Shit happens.

Yup...they'll make another run next year...no worries.

Looks like Miami is gonna ring this time around, anyway.

hooperflash
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
After 2 Weeks, I've returned to ST. Been playing a lot of basketball myself(: I hate how the refs took over , but I'm sure we are far from done. I'm very excited about the draft, I wonder what the FO will surprise us with this time(:

cheguevara
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
homers will always dissapoint themselves.

El Che knew this team was not built for a deep run.

Kool Bob Love
06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
After 2 Weeks, I've returned to ST. Been playing a lot of basketball myself(: I hate how the refs took over , but I'm sure we are far from done. I'm very excited about the draft, I wonder what the FO will surprise us with this time(:

This.

Also hope bron wins his 1st ring.

sammy
06-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Justice is being served right now in the Finals, so it's making it easier for me to get over it.

I agree! Hoping Miami takes those OKC Cheaters out in 5! Justice will be served! It will be the Curse of the Spurs when they are cheated out the Finals, the rigged cheaters don't win the Championship!:toast

2004 Lakers lost to Detroit
2006 Mavericks lost to Miami

silverblk mystix
06-19-2012, 05:28 PM
It has been 5 years since the spurs were champs. That still hurts. As long as Pop is coaching- it will remain this way.

Truth.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2012, 05:29 PM
spurfan butt never stops hurting.

silverblk mystix
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
spurfan butt never stops hurting.

I know you weren't referring to me-since all I did was state a truth.
No butthurt about it. The hurt is just from the fact that the Spurs aren't champs.

Every Spurs fan hurts from that-that is what sports is about.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I know you weren't referring to meI am definitely including you in the ranks of the butthurt because you are butthurt and posting all these emo "truths" and throwaway life coach cliches.

silverblk mystix
06-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I am definitely including you in the ranks of the butthurt because you are butthurt and posting all these emo "truths" and throwaway life coach cliches.

:sleep

obsessed

ChumpDumper
06-19-2012, 06:01 PM
:sleep

obsessedNo refutation of the truths I posted.

Truth.

Spurtacus
06-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Show some balls and Neal with it.

Can't wait for football.

NickiRasgo
06-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah. Just like what I posted in the "Karma" thread.

‎"One must not simply eliminate the Spurs in the Playoffs."

Since 2003, anyone who eliminated Spurs in the Playoffs didn't won any championship:

2004 Playoffs: Lakers (Semi-Conference Finals). They lost to Pistons in the NBA Finals.
2006 Playoffs: Mavs (Semi-Conference Finals). They lost to Heat in the NBA Finals.
2008 Playoffs: Lakers (Conference Finals). They lost to Celtics in the NBA Finals.
2009 Playoffs: Mavs (1st Round). They lost to Nuggets in the NBA Western Semi-Conference Finals.
2010 Playoffs: Suns (Semi-Conference Finals). They lost to Lakers in the NBA Western Conference Finals.
2011 Playoffs: Grizzlies (1st Round). They lost to Thunder in the NBA Semi-Conference Finals.
2012 Playoffs: Thunder (NBA Western Conference Finals). Heat leads the series 3-1 in the NBA Finals.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Yep sucks I especially feel bad for jack and kawhi them niggas tried hard but the rest of the team let them down

Crookshanks
06-20-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I haven't watched a minute of the Finals because I'm still pretty bitter over the Western Conference Finals.

It's gonna suck that Lebron gets a ring this year. I was hoping he'd retire having NEVER won a championship!

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Miami isn't beating OKC in a spectacular fashion - just some vets showing up and doing their jobs.
Spurs could have beaten OKC along the same lines.
But they choked.

Legacy
06-20-2012, 03:18 AM
... I haven't watched a minute of the Finals because I'm still pretty bitter over the Western Conference Finals ...

A much smarter move than continuing to rub salt on one's wounds like so many others on here continue to be doing it seems, tbh, imo, fwiw.

:wakeup

Sean Cagney
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
It has been 5 years since the spurs were champs. That still hurts. As long as Pop is coaching- it will remain this way.

Truth.

Pop to me is a reason this team did the way it did this year, he had some role players play outta their mind alot of times! He was great with minutes as well to keep them fresh. I seriously doubt any coach in this league could have done much better if even near what he did.
Miami isn't beating OKC in a spectacular fashion - just some vets showing up and doing their jobs.
Spurs could have beaten OKC along the same lines.
But they choked.

Yep, this is true.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Pop to me is a reason this team did the way it did this year, he had some role players play outta their mind alot of times! He was great with minutes as well to keep them fresh. I seriously doubt any coach in this league could have done much better if even near what he did.

It could be either/or...

He could be the reason why they were pretty good- or he could be the reason they are not in the Finals.

We'll never know will we?

ChumpDumper
06-20-2012, 07:32 PM
It could be either/or...

He could be the reason why they were pretty good- or he could be the reason they are not in the Finals.

We'll never know will we?Folks sure act like they know.

silverblk mystix
06-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Folks sure act like they know.

But we never will.