PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills to Enter Free Agency

BatManu20
06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
http://airalamo.com/2012/06/18/report-patrick-mills-to-enter-free-agency/

No surprise here. But what do you think the Spurs will do about the backup PG situation? Cause I don't see Corey Joseph being nearly good enough next year to be a viable option unless he improves drastically. And as great of a shooter as Neal is he can't the ball for shit. Maybe try to sign Daniel Gibson or C.J. Watson?

*Forgot we have Nando de Colo projected to come over. Not really a point guard but he can help at both guard positions.

NickiRasgo
06-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Nando De Colo.

maverick1948
06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Nando De Colo.

Great answer. Couldn't figure out what the OP was trying to say. Lorbek and DeColo are both coming to the Spurs. For those who dont understand why they are coming.

IT IS A MONEY THING!!!!!! Lorbek will come for less than MLE and De Colo is going to be somewhere around the league minimum. Spain has economic problems.

Spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Great answer. Couldn't figure out what the OP was trying to say. Lorbek and DeColo are both coming to the Spurs. For those who dont understand why they are coming.

IT IS A MONEY THING!!!!!! Lorbek will come for less than MLE and De Colo is going to be somewhere around the league minimum. Spain has economic problems.
really? That's awesome!!! I haven't been able to find anything confirming this. What's ur source?

Andthentherewas21
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I know De Colo's agent has said he expects him to come over to the Spurs. I haven't heard much about Lorbek other than fan speculation on the board.

Spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
If we can get both these players cheap and Duncan and diaw on the cheap and get rid of Bonner Blair Neal and be able to draft a big or get a good defensive big I would consider the off season a huge success

Sean Cagney
06-18-2012, 09:37 PM
I am not high on Mills so I could care less. He was unproven to me sides the few games where he shot it 100 times.

Andthentherewas21
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
If we can get both these players cheap and Duncan and diaw on the cheap and get rid of Bonner Blair Neal and be able to draft a big or get a good defensive big I would consider the off season a huge success

Well Amnesty will always be an option for Bonner, but given most of his option next year is not guaranteed, chances are the front office will try to move him if they try to get rid of him (but I doubt they will). Blair has a team option that is non-guaranteed so if they want to get rid of him, they could. However given he is only set to make a little over $1 million, and allows them to limit Duncan's minutes in the regular season, that is about as good a deal as your going to get. As for Neal, despite hes defensive shortcomings which are numerous, when Manu is not coming off the bench he is the one guy that can create his own shot and is instant offense off the bench. Again for less than a million, that is a steal.

Knoxxx
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Mills was not going to be our backup PG answer, so this is addition by subtraction. No need to spend even the $1 million for a nonviable option to sit/rot on our bench.

SenorSpur
06-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Mills. De Colo. Whatever. I just don't want to see another minute of Gary Neal's playing backup PG.

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Mills. De Colo. Whatever. I just don't want to see another minute of Gary Neal's playing backup PG.

Watching Fisher play solid minutes for OKC as backup PG has truly solidified this for me as well. No more Neal at the backup please!

T Park
06-18-2012, 11:17 PM
De Colo is a PG and a damn fine one.

AussieFanKurt
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I hope we can keep him

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
I hope we can keep him

we can clearly employ a towel boy on minimum wages, then whatever mills is on when he signed here

racm
06-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Next year's rotation:

Parker/De Colo (has the size edge over Neal)
Green/Ginobili
Leonard/Jackson
Diaw/Lorbek
Duncan/Splitter (?)

Solid all in all.

Josepatches_
06-19-2012, 08:45 AM
De Colo is just an average player in Spain. He's not the answer

Russ
06-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Gary Neal > De Colo IMO.

Neal is a pure NBA shooter. Miscast as a PG, but a valuable talent nonetheless.

De Colo looks like the kind of player who will not translate to the NBA. Don't think he can contribute (or play) at the NBA level.

temujin
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Average. He led his team to the Spanish Semifinals were he outplayed Navarro, probably the best PG in Euro right now. I would rate him above average.

He is no SuperStar, but as a backup PG that knows how to play PnR on both end of the floor, he will be a huge upgrade.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/ricky-rubio-1155/stats/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nando-De-Colo-5087/stats/

Look at Rubio's numbers to De Colo, his were much better in the Spanish League, where the rules make the court much smaller. The NBA the rules were change to make for a more open game and I see De Colo actually producing better numbers like Rubio did when he made the jump to the NBA.

De Colo is average at best.
Can't seriosly be compared to Rubio.
If the keyword is "cheap", then De Colo is fine.
If the keyword is "best available overseas", then Bo McCalebb is the man.

urunobili
06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure if De Colo is a much better player than what Patty currently is...

Dex
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Entering free agency = looking for dollars and/or long-term deal.

Thanks for the towel-waving and three-goggles, Patty.

ducks
06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
spurs need an average backup point guard
they can not afford a a great backup point guard
they have other weakeness they need to address with their money

SpursFaninMS
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
De Colo is average at best.
Can't seriosly be compared to Rubio.
If the keyword is "cheap", then De Colo is fine.
If the keyword is "best available overseas", then Bo McCalebb is the man.

This.

If you want to characterize him as being an average level NBA player for cheap, I'm cool with that.

I like McCalebb. I watched him play a couple of times on TV at UNO. Looking at his Euro stats too, I don't think he's enough of a facilitator to be a good pickup for us.

Spurs4#5
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Anybody who can run our offense from the back up pg position effectively will be an upgrade over Gary Neal

jimo2305
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
well how about we see what de colo does this summer against top talent around the world?

BadOne
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
well how about we see what de colo does this summer against top talent around the world?

Looked pretty decent during the 2011 Euroleague tourney.

lpbh85sHUfw

Seems to have pretty good court vision.

temujin
06-19-2012, 04:30 PM
When the Spurs drafted him he was average. I watched the Euros last year and he was Frances 2nd best player next to Parker in alot games. He really has progressed his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbh85sHUfw

Notice anything about this video. De Colo already knows how to run the PnR and transition BB on offensive to perfection. I don't think De Colo is average at all, I would rate him above average. There is a reason that Parker wants De Colo to come to Spurs. Parker wants to win championships and De Colo would be a great piece to make that happen again.

And I don't think Neal is better player than De Colo. De Colo is a better passer, penetrator, defender, PnR player, etc. The only thing Neal has on him is his shooting ability. But I would prefer to have De Colo as the Spurs backup PG any day of the week over Neal.

De Colo is not Euroleague tested.
I think De Colo will have problems staying in front of a LOT of PGs in the NBA. And I am not sure he has the necessary quickness to run Pnr against much bigger bodies.

z0sa
06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
We need Parker insurance for when the pressure hits.

therealtruth
06-19-2012, 05:57 PM
We need someone who can defend NBA point guards.

BackHome
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure if De Colo is a much better player than what Patty currently is...

Have you watched any of his games?:depressed:d:hat

BackHome
06-19-2012, 07:27 PM
De Colo is not Euroleague tested.
I think De Colo will have problems staying in front of a LOT of PGs in the NBA. And I am not sure he has the necessary quickness to run Pnr against much bigger bodies.

Dude if Fisher can play Pg then De Colo sure as hell can.