PDA

View Full Version : How big of a homer are you

apalisoc_9
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
to consider kobe better than kareem, magic, and larry..Wow

Just argued with a few lakers fans..wow..Hopefully time would fix this stupidity. I srsly feel bad for real laker fans to be associated with kobe fans must really be bad

DMC
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
csb

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2012, 10:02 PM
to consider kobe better than kareem, magic, and larry..Wow

Just argued with a few lakers fans..wow..Hopefully time would fix this stupidity. I srsly feel bad for real laker fans to be associated with kobe fans must really be bad

Personally I draw the line at my favorite player getting tongue rings and tattoos over his ass hole and on his upper back...

apalisoc_9
06-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Personally I draw the line at my favorite player getting tongue rings and tattoos over his ass hole and on his upper back...

I am sick and tired of your post kool..YOu and me nigga tom 5 pm...name the place. I want to punch your fcking face....

Koolaid_Man
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I am sick and tired of your post kool..YOu and me nigga tom 5 pm...name the place. I want to punch your fcking face....

ahhhh...now ask yourself...what would Duncan do? :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/heymanitfeelsgoos.jpg

Killakobe81
06-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Kobe and Bird are debatable. Even Magic is almost with debatable with Kobe but I just cant go that far. Kareem and MJ are untouchable and Magic just a notch below that. Kobe iomho is another notch below. Bird was amazing but to me duncan, Hakeem, shaq and Kobe all have arguments with Bird. Lebron gets at least 2 rings he is arguably better as well.

Latarian Milton
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
kobe was the greatest player of the league at one point of time, dude scored 81pts in one game (against rapt:lolrs) which was next only to chamberlain's 100pt game on the all-time list of highest scoring in one single game. however if you're debating the influences to the team, kobe doesn't even come close

baseline bum
06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Bird vs Magic is debatable. Kobe vs Bird/Magic? :rollin

Venti Quattro
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Kobe > Bird, definitely. It just follows the logic of Lakers > Celtics. Shush, hayturz.

lefty
06-18-2012, 10:54 PM
:lol

stretch
06-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Magic is the least complete player of the three, but provides a matchup nightmare that creates strengths that overshadows and covers up a lot of his flaws.

Kobe is unquestionably more talented and gifted than both. There is nothing (for his size) that he is not able to do, in terms of playing the game. But mentally, he doesn't seem on their level, as he has too much of a tendency to take bad shots and ball hog for no real reason.

Bird has the least gifts, but also arguably has the least glaring flaws. Although not a strong defender, he was very smart defensively while always giving full effort, then had a very versatile offensive game, along with being a strong rebounder.

I think a good argument could be made for any of the three being best, but IMO they are about on the same plateau.

Kobe - most talented
Magic - toughest matchup
Bird - most complete

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Kobe's arguments for supremacy, against virtually every other legend in the elite pantheon, are weak and cannot be justified by any quantifiable measures, tbh..his only argument is rings and the "eye test", which is simply an excuse to dismiss the quantifiable values of an argument..

Furthermore, I find it difficult to rank him ahead of greats such as Bird and Magic, considering he hasn't even achieved the feat of winning Finals MVP and regular season MVP in the same season, the true measure of greatness IMO..

LkrFan
06-19-2012, 02:16 AM
^That's a weak, boundless take HH and you know it. You are just trying to pave the way to slide LeHype into the conversation. :nope

Say what you will about Kobe, but how many players are still dominant after 16 years of play (yes dominant: he averaged 30 ppg in the 2012 playoffs). He even scored 27.9 ppg during the RS. This kind of dominant is rare for a "TOSB" :lol (Kareem and Malone come to mind - but I can't think of anyone else). Case in point, Shaq is the self-proclaimed "MDE." He was considered dominant for his ability to dunk (score) at will in a savage manner on anybody that was in his way. Props to him for beasting. What's his career scoring average? 23 ppg. Kobe is at 25 ppg. Kobe didn't start his first 2 years in the NBA. And he was forced to play second fiddle when PJ was hired - even when it was clear Shaq couldn't still carry the load (pun intended :lol). All in all, Kobe is at 25 ppg.

And before HH chimes in again, I'll be willing to guarantee that if LeHype plays 16 years (his game will not age gracefully because he relies too much on the physical aspect) he won't be at 25 ppg when he hangs them up. I'm also willing to bet in Kobe's 17th year, he'll still be at least a 25+ ppg scorer. Not too many players can say that either. Again - Kareem and Malone come to mind. That's consistant dominance over a HOF career. And that's why I got him in my top 5. If he rangs again, I put him ahead of Magic, but for now, I'm content with:

1. KAJ
2. MJ
3. Magic
4. Kobe
5. Bird

mavs>spurs
06-19-2012, 02:41 AM
man some of you laker fans are flat out fucking retarded, and i don't mean that playfully.

LkrFan
06-19-2012, 03:30 AM
man some of you laker fans are flat out fucking retarded, and i don't mean that playfully.

:lol

Legacy
06-19-2012, 03:40 AM
:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2012, 05:58 AM
^That's a weak, boundless take HH and you know it. You are just trying to pave the way to slide LeHype into the conversation. :nope

Say what you will about Kobe, but how many players are still dominant after 16 years of play (yes dominant: he averaged 30 ppg in the 2012 playoffs). He even scored 27.9 ppg during the RS. This kind of dominant is rare for a "TOSB" :lol (Kareem and Malone come to mind - but I can't think of anyone else). Case in point, Shaq is the self-proclaimed "MDE." He was considered dominant for his ability to dunk (score) at will in a savage manner on anybody that was in his way. Props to him for beasting. What's his career scoring average? 23 ppg. Kobe is at 25 ppg. Kobe didn't start his first 2 years in the NBA. And he was forced to play second fiddle when PJ was hired - even when it was clear Shaq couldn't still carry the load (pun intended :lol). All in all, Kobe is at 25 ppg.

And before HH chimes in again, I'll be willing to guarantee that if LeHype plays 16 years (his game will not age gracefully because he relies too much on the physical aspect) he won't be at 25 ppg when he hangs them up. I'm also willing to bet in Kobe's 17th year, he'll still be at least a 25+ ppg scorer. Not too many players can say that either. Again - Kareem and Malone come to mind. That's consistant dominance over a HOF career. And that's why I got him in my top 5. If he rangs again, I put him ahead of Magic, but for now, I'm content with:

1. KAJ
2. MJ
3. Magic
4. Kobe
5. Bird

wow just wow...

Supurb analysis :toast....no one can refute anything you said from a logical / fact based POV...except for one thing..I think it's safe to say Kobe and Magic are Co-equals since they both have 5 rings plus Olympic (gold) not (Bronze) :lol....now since they're co-equals what is the tie-breaker? For me it comes down to them playing a game of one on one...and no doubt Kobe would beat Magic soundly in 1 on 1... or you could look at it another way...not counting inflation...which player has made Buss more money..again I say Kobe hands down...or you could ask who has more global appeal...and Kobe wins again...or finally you could say who cheated and didn't catch the dreaded HIV...again Kobe wins..so it's those little things that gives Kobe the edge in my book...:lol

So for me it's:

1. KAJ
2. MJ
3. Kobe
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Shaq
7. Bird

I needed to add one more Laker to the Mix...so 4 Lakers including MJ make up the top 5....and then it's Shaq followed by the great Larry Legend :toast

any other list is uncivilized :toast

tlongII
06-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not a homer at all. I merely drop knowledge bombs.

DMC
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
They have a Borg like mentality where they latch onto someone like Culburn and shape shift into him. They don't have individual opinions. They need a Cavs fan to tell them what to think.

Jodelo
06-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Saying Kobe put up 27PPG but not saying his shooting-%...

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Magic is the least complete player of the three, but provides a matchup nightmare that creates strengths that overshadows and covers up a lot of his flaws.

Kobe is unquestionably more talented and gifted than both. There is nothing (for his size) that he is not able to do, in terms of playing the game. But mentally, he doesn't seem on their level, as he has too much of a tendency to take bad shots and ball hog for no real reason.

Bird has the least gifts, but also arguably has the least glaring flaws. Although not a strong defender, he was very smart defensively while always giving full effort, then had a very versatile offensive game, along with being a strong rebounder.

I think a good argument could be made for any of the three being best, but IMO they are about on the same plateau.

Kobe - most talented
Magic - toughest matchup
Bird - most complete

This makes no sense..If Kobe is the most talented by default that also makes him the best, the toughest match-up, and the most complete player...

You don't have to parse words it's OK to admit the obvious DAWG...:rollin

Clipper Nation
06-19-2012, 07:19 PM
LeClutch is closer to Magic than Kobrick will ever be, tbh... just based on talent and style of play...

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Kobe's legacy will continue to take a hit, as he ages, and as advanced basketball statistics continue to develop..Kobe is one of the only legends that does not have a favorable argument, using numbers..there's a good reason for that..

Pelicans78
06-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Kobe was a great individual offensive player, but overall not as good as Magic or Bird.

Seventyniner
06-19-2012, 07:46 PM

1. KAJ
2. MJ
3. Magic
4. Kobe
5. Bird

You call a take weak and then spout out this shit? At this point in his career, Kobe is a chucker and no more. By your logic, Iverson should've won 4 or 5 MVPs.