PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Checklist?

Salty
06-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Resign Duncan, offer him a blank contract and let him fill it out (per Timvp)
Get rid of Bonner
Sign a quality backup PG
Add some interior D and toughness
Do all of the above without screwing over the team's financial future
Keep TP from hanging around shitty rappers like Chris Brown and Drake

I could add more, but these should definitely be top priorities for the Spurs during this offseason. The Spurs would be wise in offering Timmy a blank contract for X amount of years. He obviously deserves it after all he's done for the team, but if he's intent on sticking around to make another run(s) at a title, he'll definitely be smart enough to sign a contract that will leave the Spurs some financial flexibility.

Bonner is self-explanatory. I honestly don't care if it's through amnesty or trade, just tell him to http://files.sharenator.com/gtfop1_what_weird_radom_skill_do_you_have_s380x212 _96779_535_Welcoming_Party-s380x212-181989-580.gif

Lastly, the Spurs will certainly find themselves struggling with the same issues they did this postseason if they fail to sign a quality backup PG and improve defensively, particularly inside. The defense took a step foward due to contributions from guys like Leonard, Green, Diaw, Splitter, and Jax (in place of the flaccid dick, mind you). However, Neal's deficiencies as a PG were exposed both offensively and defensively this year, and the interior D problem still lingers from last year. I'd like to keep Neal, but he's nothing more than a bench player. Lorbek and De Colo are supposedly coming over next year, but neither have any shot at solving the Spurs' defensive issues.

There's a fair number of quality bigmen that we could aquire through the draft, even in the 2nd round. We don't NEED a dominant bigman, just someone who can provide some interior D, rebound, and bring a little bit of nasty and toughness (I'm looking at you, Bernard James). We have enough assets to move up in the draft, so I'm hoping we could get a quality pick for Blair + something else. As far as the PG issue goes, there's enough names on the FA market this year, and most teams throughout the league are already set at the PG position.

This team made noticeable improvements over last year's team as shown by its WCF trip, but Father Time is still the Spurs' biggest enemy. If Manu or TD fall off a cliff next season there's not much the Spurs can do, but by making some adjustments here and there and not doing anything drastic, the Spurs will have put themselves in a respectable position to go after that 5th ring. :toast

Just my two cents, yours?

freetiago
06-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Get rid of bonner
dont even have him as a option
thats it really
cant depend on someone who disappears completely
you can play leonard/jackson at the 4

develop tiago
give him meaningful minutes
not the 10-12 minutes hed get usually with some garbage time
tiago is the best big this team can get and pops done everything he could in 2 years to stop him from developing

this team is fine outside of that
if tiago plays like we know he could before pop destroyed him and we dont get sternd we probably hoist up the larry o brien this year

DMC
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Duncan for reasonable pay, he's already gotten thank you pay.

Bonner gone (won't happen)

Keep Diaw

Keep Jax

Keep Neal

Keep Danny

Trade Blair

Start Splitter

Start Manu

Find another TJ Ford deal, he was promising before the injury

Get whomever possible to work with Leonard in the off season. He's a serious diamond in the rough.

therealtruth
06-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Get rid of bonner
dont even have him as a option
thats it really
cant depend on someone who disappears completely
you can play leonard/jackson at the 4

develop tiago
give him meaningful minutes
not the 10-12 minutes hed get usually with some garbage time
tiago is the best big this team can get and pops done everything he could in 2 years to stop him from developing

this team is fine outside of that
if tiago plays like we know he could before pop destroyed him and we dont get sternd we probably hoist up the larry o brien this year

I agree I said it around the time Splitter got injured that we needed him to return to preinjury form. If he had been in preinjury form it would have given us another weapon to use against OKC. Pre-injury Splitter would have demolished OKC's guards in the post.

I agree Pop has done everything he can to prevent Splitter from developing. He then uses it say Splitter wasn't that good anyway.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree I said it around the time Splitter got injured that we needed him to return to preinjury form. If he had been in preinjury form it would have given us another weapon to use against OKC. Pre-injury Splitter would have demolished OKC's guards in the post.

I agree Pop has done everything he can to prevent Splitter from developing. He then uses it say Splitter wasn't that good anyway.I'll need some quotes that actually say that. Not something you inferred.

Duncan2177
06-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Resign Duncan, I'm sure Duncan would take a cut so the team can have cap space.
Sign,draft or trade for a bigman
Get rid of Bonner trade him for a bag of doritos or a washing machine if you have to.
Trade Blair+Splitter for a 1st round draft pick or one of them.
Sign a quality backup PG
Add some interior D and toughness