06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
As the title, i heard Spurs show interest for Italys champion PG
I'll post the quote

DesignatedT
06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_McCalebb

benefactor
06-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't know anything about him...but by his stats he just got through kicking ass in Euroleague play.

TimmehC
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
If they can get him, he's the perfect backup for Tony. But it's going to be really tough to get one of the best players in Europe without a lot of cash.

SenorSpur
06-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I understand upgrading the roster and all, but this rumor, if true, is an interesting one. Seeing as how they just drafted Corey Joseph last year, I wonder why they would be interested in yet another PG? Unless, of course, they've decided that he wasn't worth the pick.

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
He's in talk for a buyout with Siena, it will be about 2 billions Euros (rumours)

ChumpDumper
06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I understand upgrading the roster and all, but this rumor, if true, is an interesting one. Seeing as how they just drafted Corey Joseph last year, I wonder why they would be interested in yet another PG? Unless, of course, they've decided that he wasn't worth the pick.Joseph was always a 2-year project. I'm sure summer league will be a big influence on whether his option is picked up.

JonNOKC
06-19-2012, 05:37 PM
appears he still has one year left on contract - anyone know status for sure....buyout or nba out clause

DesignatedT
2 billion? dude makes a shitload

tesseractive
I understand upgrading the roster and all, but this rumor, if true, is an interesting one. Seeing as how they just drafted Corey Joseph last year, I wonder why they would be interested in yet another PG? Unless, of course, they've decided that he wasn't worth the pick.

Well, Joseph clearly isn't ready for backup minutes this year, so it could be that.

Alternatively, maybe they really are shopping Tony, and this is Plan B for a starter at the point. I don't know enough about Euro players to know whether that's a remotely reasonable plan or not.

tesseractive
06-19-2012, 05:38 PM
2 billion? dude makes a shitload

That might put us over the cap, tbh

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Siena facing a refundation of its team, they'r shopping out most of players and Mccalleb is their jewel, maybe it's less than 2Bs but it seems like there r Euros team interested too (expecially Fenerbache, James Gists team)

benefactor
06-19-2012, 05:43 PM
ZAamJml1VLQ

Buddy Holly
06-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Siena facing a refundation of its team, they'r shopping out most of players and Mccalleb is their jewel, maybe it's less than 2Bs but it seems like there r Euros team interested too (expecially Fenerbache, James Gists team)

You mean millions. Not billions.

Duncan2177
06-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't mean to be negative but could this mean Parker could be traded? Makes you wonder if there looking at pgs.

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2012, 05:49 PM
You mean millions. Not billions.

Sure, sorry man :lol

Spur|n|Austin
06-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Don't mean to be negative but could this mean Parker could be traded? Makes you wonder if there looking at pgs.

Trade Parker since the Spurs are interested in McCalleb?? :lol Wow..

SenorSpur
06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Joseph was always a 2-year project. I'm sure summer league will be a big influence on whether his option is picked up.

I guess it never hurts to have some PG insurance, right?

timvp
06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Meh. He's more of a 6-foot shooting guard. For the minimum, he's a good gamble. For more than that, given his limited playmaking ability, I'd probably pass. With Ginobili's career winding down, I think any backup point guard needs to be more of a classic point guard than the Spurs have needed in the past.

BackHome
06-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Dude has some major hops not sure how good he is on defense but if he comes then Neal is out.

Splitter25
06-19-2012, 07:24 PM
He is the best player in Europe by far. He could be a perfect fit leading the second unit with Manu as a starter.

However, I don't see him signing for the minimum.

alucardthereaper
06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Meh. He's more of a 6-foot shooting guard. For the minimum, he's a good gamble. For more than that, given his limited playmaking ability, I'd probably pass. With Ginobili's career winding down, I think any backup point guard needs to be more of a classic point guard than the Spurs have needed in the past.

Have you watched him play?

InK
06-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Every time i seen him play he was absolutely terrific. He dragged a sub par Macedonia to the semifinals last year in Eurobasket. Since Pop liked Parker's performance there last year he must have loved McCalleb's play in that tourney. He was a constant ball of energy, relentless attacking for 40 minutes, he drove himself into the ground and his teammates just fed of that; was really great to watch. Just so its clear, the guy played as good as if not better then the Tony Parker Pop was all enchanted with....

This guy is NEVER going to play for minimum, but he would be a great deal even well above min.

SpursFaninMS
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Looking at the stats and remembering what I saw from him at UNO, he's not much of a facilitator. Maybe he is better now and his Euro team sucks; but from what I saw on the couple of times I saw him on tv in college, this guy is the definition of a shoot-first PG.

Not our MO to go after a guy like that, but who knows?

timvp
06-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Have you watched him play?

Yeah I've seen him quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, for the type of player he is, he's a pretty damn good prospect. On a team that needs a scorer in their backcourt, he's easily worth ~$3M.

But the Spurs need more of a ballhandler/passer at backup point guard, IMO, rather than someone who is score-first, score-second, pass-third.

Prime Time
06-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Not going to lie, the only things I've seen of McCalebb are his youtube highlights and stats. So from the very, very little i know of him I'd say his skill set is similar to Will Bynum. Wouldn't be surprised if his NBA production is smiliar to Bynum's as well.

Then again.. didn't Pargo get this treatment last year? Look how he turned out. Maybe I'm just being a buzz kill but I feel safer going the De Colo route. (Maybe that's because i know more about him :lol)

temujin
06-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Followed McCalebb since his Partizan days.
Seen all his postseason games in Italy (to me, most exciting player in Europe, with Teodosic).
Simply one of the fastest players to play the game, NBA players included.
Unstoppable in the open court.
Explosive, fearless finisher, left and right hand. Dunks on bigs' heads.
Vastly improved outside shooting with some 3 points range, but NOT a shooting guard.
Loves the PnR.
Underrated playmaking ability.
Not consistent on D: can be very good or very bad, depending on days.

As I mentioned in another thread, that's the news I was WAITING for, Spurs interested in him.
Makes perfect sense.
He is the most Parker-like PG on this side of the Atlantic, in terms of speed and ability to play the PnR.

temujin
06-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Not going to lie, the only things I've seen of McCalebb are his youtube highlights and stats. So from the very, very little i know of him I'd say his skill set is similar to Will Bynum. Wouldn't be surprised if his NBA production is smiliar to Bynum's as well.

Then again.. didn't Pargo get this treatment last year? Look how he turned out. Maybe I'm just being a buzz kill but I feel safer going the De Colo route. (Maybe that's because i know more about him :lol)

I would compare McCalebb to Ty Lawson, rather.
De Colo has one advange: he's cheaper. Can't really compare with McCalebb in any other aspect.

Beanzamillion21
06-20-2012, 08:09 AM

Can we still bring Jacque Vaughn or Speedy Claxton out of retirement?

LongtimeSpursFan
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
4:19 video and only three passes! And these were not even great passes. Just a simple pass to a cutter while he was driving.
He does seem to have the ability to play PnR basketball which is the Spurs bread and butter.

Bruno
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Is there a link to this rumor?

ohmwrecker
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
There are no JKidds or Stevie Nashs on the horizon.

:lol pure pg

biziofromdowntown
06-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Well, i listened the interview to Montepaschi's coach, and he answered to a question on Mccallebb saying he gunno what Bo is gonna do, following him in Turkey on another team in Europe, cause the player is in talking with nba teams, especially Spurs.
Dunno if there's any report or if anything true about that.

CubanMustGo
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Yes: http://bit.ly/MxmEFp

alucardthereaper
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah I've seen him quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, for the type of player he is, he's a pretty damn good prospect. On a team that needs a scorer in their backcourt, he's easily worth ~$3M.

But the Spurs need more of a ballhandler/passer at backup point guard, IMO, rather than someone who is score-first, score-second, pass-third.

I know what Spurs lack and i agree with you , i respect your opinions, i watched him play live couple of times and followed his career since 09' , he needs to prove passing and ball handling abilities especially in fast paced Nba games, but in Partizan and Macedonia they needed him has a scoring option first , and his leadership is pretty high i mean for Macedonian team to go so deep in the Euro tournament it took quite a performance and that was the "true Hollywood script". Anyway anything more than 3 million would be a risk...
cheers man

temujin
06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Poor Ol' Manu

Poor, definitely not.
ol', maybe.

temujin
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I know what Spurs lack and i agree with you , i respect your opinions, i watched him play live couple of times and followed his career since 09' , he needs to prove passing and ball handling abilities especially in fast paced Nba games, but in Partizan and Macedonia they needed him has a scoring option first , and his leadership is pretty high i mean for Macedonian team to go so deep in the Euro tournament it took quite a performance and that was the "true Hollywood script". Anyway anything more than 3 million would be a risk...
cheers man

Agree.
You look at the stats and you think, shooting PG that wants 15 shots no matter what.
In many Siena games I watched, he was happy to hand the ball to shooters and bigs and take 6/7 shots in a game, whenenver the others were hot and balling.
That's what I mean by "underrated playmaking ability".

BackHome
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
If he was 6'6 I would be like "Hell Yes" but a Pg ......pass.

TD 21
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I've heard him say on more than one occasion that (paraphrasing) he's not really interested in the NBA. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder for not having made it out of college or after establishing himself in Europe.

smaka
06-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I've seen him play for Macedonia and for Siena and I must say I was impressed. Dude is so quick, he was unstoppable finisher at the rim, and even hitting 3's even though he wasn't considered as a really good 3pt shooter. If only he were few inches taller...