PDA

View Full Version : rashard lewis

Spurs4#5
06-20-2012, 03:03 AM
If he became available through Washington using their amnesty would u take a shot at him?

etbluffer
06-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Kevin Durant......

If he was available... would we take a shot?

What about Dirk Nowitzki?

OR KOBE BRYANT???

:bang

BatManu20
06-20-2012, 03:23 AM
NO. One dimensional player. Plus he's so overrated, and that's saying something considering he's not even rated very highly anymore. He's prob the most overpaid player in the league for what he produces.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-20-2012, 07:18 AM
NO. One dimensional player. Plus he's so overrated, and that's saying something considering he's not even rated very highly anymore. He's prob the most overpaid player in the league for what he produces.

Try to stay with the class. They're talking acquiring via a buyout or amnesty, for cheap.

Russo21
06-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Definately would take a shot at him on the cheap if he gets amnestied. I'd much rather him then Bonner to 'spread the floor' He can even be a tall ball SF instead of us playing tweener ball. Athletic with length.

Yes he stunk it up in Washington just like everybody else. But he's only 3 years removed from being a massive piece for the magic who made the finals, he averaged 19pts 6 reb 40% 3PTFG that postseason.

Via amnesty or buyout for cheap he'd be a low risk high reward piece. Obviously passed his prime but would be an interesting addition.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
He's been horrible for years now, he will have a good game once every 6 or 7 games and is purely a three point shooter.

The_Worlds_finest
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
He's been horrible for years now, he will have a good game once every 6 or 7 games and is purely a three point shooter.

Bro this is a Rashard Lewis thread not Matt Bonner

SenorSpur
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM

^ True dis.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Bro this is a Rashard Lewis thread not Matt Bonner

Rashard Lewis is a black, marginally better while way more expensive version of Matt Bonner.

Spurs4#5
06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
So some of yall are sayin yall wouldn't take a chance on this guy for cheap...even though he's 6'10 230 is gonna be 33 and he's a 16 and 6 guy for his career? I'm glad yall have absolutely nothing to do with the spurs organization...this would be a steal and an immediate upgrade over bonner

Andthentherewas21
06-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Through amnesty as long as it was the absolute minimum, and that minimum was less than a million for his last season and did not put the Spurs in the luxury tax. If all those conditions were met, then yes. Otherwise, there was a reason he was traded for Gilbert Arenas.

NickiRasgo
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Wizards traded him with 46th Pick for Okafor and Ariza.

Spurs4#5
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
And new Orleans is gonna turn around and buy him out

Andthentherewas21
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Genius! wait...no the other thing

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
And you thought Richard Jefferson was soft?
Rashard Lewis personifies softness, no f'n way I want him in a Spurs uniform.

AFBlue
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, tbh.

spurraider21
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
we have to make the best of our cap situation, and picking up rashard lewis is certainly not doing that

Duncan2177
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, tbh.

I hate that. :lol

ViceCity86
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Matt bonner with steroid salary

Wild Cobra Kai
06-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Matt bonner with steroid salary

Try to stay with the class. They're talking acquiring via a buyout or amnesty, for cheap.

Spurs4#5
06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
I would in a heart beat get rid of Bonner and give Lewis the 3 mil that Bonner is getting

therealtruth
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I would in a heart beat get rid of Bonner and give Lewis the 3 mil that Bonner is getting

Lewis has hit big shots in the playoffs with a hand in his face. Bonner not so much.

sananspursfan21
06-21-2012, 12:00 AM
He had a good season or two in seattle and been junk ever since

Wild Cobra Kai
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
He had a good season or two in seattle and been junk ever since

He was actually quite good in Orlando, and pretty much the genesis of their stretch four offense. You don't shoot career 45.4% FG / 38.8% 3G by having one or two good years out of 14. He's been grossly overpaid since he got to Orlando, but that's not his fault and doesn't change the fact that he's been one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. He's just a support piece that teams have been stupid enough to pay as a franchise guy, much like Diaw. Rashard isn't afraid to shoot like Boris, though. He is a scorer, and if he becomes available for the minimum, you get him.

AFBlue
06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
He was actually quite good in Orlando, and pretty much the genesis of their stretch four offense. You don't shoot career 45.4% FG / 38.8% 3G by having one or two good years out of 14. He's been grossly overpaid since he got to Orlando, but that's not his fault and doesn't change the fact that he's been one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. He's just a support piece that teams have been stupid enough to pay as a franchise guy, much like Diaw. Rashard isn't afraid to shoot like Boris, though. He is a scorer, and if he becomes available for the minimum, you get him.

He doesn't rebound, his knees are shot, and his offense has declined precipitously over the past four seasons. I get that he's probably a "minimum" player, but he doesn't add value beyond a three-point shot that's sub-40% career.

sananspursfan21
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Yea i know hes not a bad player i just kinda opened up my mouth i really wouldnt mind him a spur. Whether he plays swing or power forward, he is 6'10 and provides some much needed height. Btw he will be available once hes traded to new orleans, then released. If san an is going to follow the offensive juggernaut formula that timvp suggests, signing him would be a perfect start