PDA

View Full Version : OKC shot lights out against us.........now

lebomb
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Them mufawkus cant hit wide open shots!!!! WTF? Harden was hittin off balance fade away 3's, and Fisher was knockin down .04 3's on our asses. Even Obaka and Perkage were shooting like Ray Allen from outside. Damnit, I know the Heat play good D, but these faggots are missin uncontested wide open shots and freethrows......plus a layup or two. :bang

Dex
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I said from the very beginning: the one thing that would stop OKC is if they stopped hitting their jumpers. I didn't believe that they'd be able to maintain a hot touch through four rounds, and that is starting to appear to be the case. Unfortunately for us, they were able to do it through three. :pctoss

Sean Cagney
06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I said from the very beginning: the one thing that would stop OKC is if they stopped hitting their jumpers. I didn't believe that they'd be able to maintain a hot touch through four rounds, and that is starting to appear to be the case. Unfortunately for us, they were able to do it through three. :pctoss

True, but Dallas kept it up all last year! I thought they would continue to hit and win it all to be honest, but it appears the law of averages have caught up. They are shooting like they are human now.

mike20spurs
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Law of averages... there is no way OKC could shoot out of their minds in another series.

stxspurs
06-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Every dog has thier day...unfortunately it was against us....

Maddog
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Pressure
Against the Spurs they where arguably the underdogs.

SpursFaninMS
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Them mufawkus cant hit wide open shots!!!! WTF? Harden was hittin off balance fade away 3's, and Fisher was knockin down .04 3's on our asses. Even Obaka and Perkage were shooting like Ray Allen from outside. Damnit, I know the Heat play good D, but these faggots are missin uncontested wide open shots and freethrows......plus a layup or two. :bang

I haven't seen 1/2 the amount of open jumpers they got against us. Most of the shots OKC made against us (with the exception of Harden and Durant's fourth quarter heroics) are shots that NBA players SHOULD make.

Pretty much everything Westbrook hit last night was contested. That was a phenomenal individual performance--one we never saw out of him thank God. Durant is getting his, but he's having to work harder.

Even on open jumpers, you can attribute this to the Heat's D--they have to get their shot off faster and that their legs are tired from having to move around so much.

Cow Eye
06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I haven't been watching, but who have they been putting Battier on? Durant?

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Our defense is mediocre in the regular season and bad for a playoff team that wants to contend. I agree that averages would catch up with OKC but Miami happens to be playing way better defense than the Spurs, so I'm not going to pass it off just as luck turning. The Heat are punching OKC in the mouth - something the Spurs never did, and as a young team they are finally folding. The Spurs never intimidated OKC and not surprisingly their collective confidence was sky fucking high.

Cow Eye
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Well jumping out to a 2 - 0 lead on them was definitely a punch in the mouth. But then we inexplicably were the ones to fold.

z0sa
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Without a doubt, Timvp's assertion that their fluke shooting won them the series has been proven right. Refs' influence was negligible, per the usual. The Spurs just didn't have the shooters on target or the athletes to consistently draw fouls against them to even up the crazy shooting numbers.

spurspokesman
06-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Yea that bed really needs a diaper change thanks to okc:wow

TD 21
06-20-2012, 03:54 PM
There's no question they shot in over their heads and law of averages has caught up, as well as the fact that they're not getting damn near ever call in this series, but the other thing is, the Spurs really need to get more athletic and improve their overall team speed.

We all endorsed the Jackson and Diaw pickups, but they were both downgrades athletically from who they replaced (I'm not saying they weren't good or worthwhile pickups; I'm just saying) and if they somehow manage to re-sign Diaw and sign Lorbek, they'll only be continuing to trend in that direction. Look at the rotation for next season. The only young, athletic types are Leonard and Green. And let's face it, Green is merely an average to slightly above average athlete. Splitter is a decent athlete, with solid mobility, but he's not really what you'd call an athletic big. We'll see what they do at backup PG. Maybe they bring in an athletic type there, but that's mostly irrelevant. They need it amongst their bigs, first and foremost. The bench, in particular, is woefully non athletic and painfully slow.

BatManu20
06-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Law of Averages. Nobody can continually shoot the way did against us. It always averages out.

slick'81
06-20-2012, 04:04 PM
just shows u how hot okc was

06-20-2012, 06:02 PM
huh? heat defense has always been elite while the spurs defense fluctuated between average and slightly above average. it's amazing how much more pressure you have to make a jump shot when playing against a team that plays elite defense. there's a mental aspect to it and the thunder never feared the spurs D.

SpursDynasty
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
The problem with OKC is that they're a very good team, but you also have to be a smart team. They are not a very intelligent team.

06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
i think the real complaint should be how the thunder managed to string together a few games of elite defense against the spurs, stopping arguably the best offense in the NBA. and then turn around and let mario chalmers and shane battier destroy them.

dbestpro
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
You live by the ref, you die by the ref.

SpursFaninMS
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
i think the real complaint should be how the thunder managed to string together a few games of elite defense against the spurs, stopping arguably the best offense in the NBA. and then turn around and let mario chalmers and shane battier destroy them.

All about match-ups.

We have the best offense in the league when we can run our system. Their athleticism nixed our system. We have a bunch of role players. What are they going to do when they can't play within that role? Nothing.

Battier and Chalmers are getting shots because OKC's defense is worried about Lebron and Wade driving with Bosh floating around.

The only concern OKC needed to have was stopping Parker. We have no one else that can create their own shot other than Manu occasionally and Duncan every now and then on the post.

ViceCity86
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Thunder are 3 chuckers and scrubs...It's finally showing in the finals.
:king

Russ
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I know this is gonna sound like irrational hate, but my honest theory as to why OKC (and others before them) shoot the lights out against the Spurs from outside comes down to one thing . . .

Bonner.

How, you say?

Because I believe that when Bonner checks into the game and shows his stoop-shouldered, choppy, awkward running style, head down, goofy-grinning self, the other team's confidence skyrockets. "This guy is in their rotation?," they say to themselves.

And confidence is most visibly seen in one area -- outside shooting.

When the other side sees Bonner on the court, they feel really relaxed, really comfortable, really confident. And it shows in their outside jumpers and their shooting percentage.

Simple as that.

In fact, I'd like to see the 15 feet and beyond shooting % for the opposition when Bonner is on the floor. timvp?

(And you thought having Bonner in a big game only affected the Spurs' outside shooting %.):rollin

Spurs4#5
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
^ doesn't really explain what happened in the last few games we played against okc

Russ
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
^ doesn't really explain what happened in the last few games we played against okc

True, Bonner played very little in those games.

One thing is for sure -- good outside shooting can beat just about any defense.

Even when the Spurs were nails on D, when they'd lose it's because the other team lit it up from outside.