PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Splitter at start of Team Brazil Training Camp

ace3g
06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
São Paulo (SP) - The selection process for the Brazil team complete. Vice-champion of the NBA Western Conference, Tiago Splitter started on the morning of Tuesday (20/06), the collective training at the Center for High Performance Sugar Loaf Mountain, in order to contest the Olympic Games. He received a few days off after the end of participation in the NBA San Antonio Spurs, his team, to accompany the birth of first child, Benjamin.

Renovated, Tiago Splitter comes aware that you must catch an intense dispute over the ownership team of Ruben Magnano. The "opponents" are the highest level: Nene, the Washington Wizards, Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers, Caio Torres, Flamengo, and Guilherme Giovannoni, in Brasilia. Not to mention the promising young Mariano Lucas, Franca, and Ronald companion Giovannoni, who are making beautiful in practice, even just being invited to join the group.

"Do not think about ownership, this 'headache' is here to coach. We're on a selection. The best players from Brazil are here and nobody is worrying about ownership, with the time it will be in court. We want to win good results for the country and make the best selection, regardless of how long we play, "he said Splitter in a press conference.

The pivot Brazil has become accustomed in recent years to face the toughest opponents. But the birth of the child requires more attention, and to lose no time in this new phase, Tiago Splitter installed a camera that is connected 24 hours a day filming the birthplace of Benjamin, who is in San Antonio with her mother and grandmother.

"I can say is a much more difficult than the player (laughs). Thankfully that has his mother and my mother to look after as well. I'm doing everything to reduce the miss, and even installed the camera to see it whenever you want. Otherwise have your phone and skype to try to close the gap so great, "he said.

See below the main parts of the press conference Tiago Splitter

Preparation after the end of NBA season

I'm fine (physically), I continued working on their days off in San Antonio for not missing a beat. Yesterday I've trained, now I've trained well, then everything is fine and I am prepared for this phase of training.

Brazilian Garrafão

I think it's a very physical lane. We may not have pitchers who make more this is William, but I think this will be our identity, the jug. We will have strength, rebounding and defense, will not be easy to get the ball inside. We will defend our right lane. This will be our first concern.

Group of Brazil in the Olympics

I guess sometimes you try to guess your opponent's knockout, but we have to worry about the group stage, to qualify as well. This is the most important, we must go well in our group and then think about the knockout.

Dispute over ownership

Do not think about ownership, this headache is there to coach. We're on a selection. The best players from Brazil are here and nobody is worrying about ownership, with the time it will be in court. We want the result and the best for Brazil.

Chance to win medal

We have to think to win medals, yes. There's no point going there just for the Olympics in order to participate. We're thinking about winning, thinking to reach a medal, and that is the goal.

Comparison of demand from Greg Popovich and Ruben Magnano

Each has his style, in training Greg talk a lot with the player off the court is fairly easy. Inside the court he gives scolded, do the best for the team. The Magnano is calmer off the court, but inside is as rigorous as.

Elimination in the NBA

We were playing a final account of a grid time (Oklahoma City Thunder). They played great ball, won the final on the court and I am not shaken by this loss.

Newborn child

It's harder (to father) to be the player (laughs). Unfortunately he can not accompany me in London, but thankfully that has Skype and call down the nostalgia. I put a camera in the room 24 hours a day to see it too.

Friendship with pivot Argentine Luis Scola

He is a kind of godfather of my son. We have a great friendship. He was accompanied our games, we also made barbecue together, but friendship in London so just go into court.

http://www.cbb.com.br/Noticias/Show/9974

Budkin
06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
This is about the worst translation ever.

Hooks
06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
The center of high yield of sugar loaf, is that even real? Lol

Maddog
06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Probably done with an automated online translator.
As opposed to someone who actually can converse in Brazilian

cheguevara
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Scola thread!

timvp
06-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Center for High Yield of Sugar LoafWith the way Splitter played defense in the playoffs, that's actually the perfect nickname for him.

Cow Eye
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
With the way Splitter played defense in the playoffs, that's actually the perfect nickname for him.

I was thinking more that it was an even trade prospect. Splitter for a high yield of sugar loaf. I'd take that deal.

ace3g
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes I used Google Translator, don't speak Portuguese, so if anyone can translate properly that would help.

justinandimcool
06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
The center of high yield of sugar loaf, is that even real? Lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

ace3g
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Using some different suggestions in the translator:

the collective training at the Center for High Performance Sugar Loaf Mountain, in order to contest the Olympic Games

http://www.brazilcultureandtravel.com/sugarloaf-mountain.html

here is the website to the training center:

http://www.nargpa.com.br/nar/home.htm

SpursFaninMS
06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
São Paulo (SP) - The selection process for the Brazil team complete. Vice-champion of the NBA Western Conference, Tiago Splitter started on the morning of Tuesday (20/06), the collective training at the Center for High Yield of Sugar Loaf, in order to contest the Olympic Games. He received a few days off after the end of participation in the NBA San Antonio Spurs, his team, to accompany the birth of first child, Benjamin.

Renovated, Tiago Splitter comes aware that you must catch an intense dispute over the ownership team of Ruben Magnano. The "opponents" are the highest level: Nene, the Washington Wizards, Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers, Caio Torres, Flamengo, and Guilherme Giovannoni, in Brasilia. Not to mention the promising young Mariano Lucas, Franca, and Ronald companion Giovannoni, who are making beautiful in practice, even just being invited to join the group.

"Do not think about ownership, this 'headache' is here to coach. We're on a selection. The best players from Brazil are here and nobody is worrying about ownership, with the time it will be in court. We want to win good results for the country and make the best selection, regardless of how long we play, "he said Splitter in a press conference.

The pivot Brazil has become accustomed in recent years to face the toughest opponents. But the birth of the child requires more attention, and to lose no time in this new phase, Tiago Splitter installed a camera that is connected 24 hours a day filming the birthplace of Benjamin, who is in San Antonio with her mother and grandmother.

"I can say is a much more difficult than the player (laughs). Thankfully that has his mother and my mother to look after as well. I'm doing everything to reduce the miss, and even installed the camera to see it whenever you want. Otherwise have your phone and skype to try to close the gap so great, "he said.

See below the main parts of the press conference Tiago Splitter

Preparation after the end of NBA season

I'm fine (physically), I continued working on their days off in San Antonio for not missing a beat. Yesterday I've trained, now I've trained well, then everything is fine and I am prepared for this phase of training.

Brazilian Garrafão

I think it's a very physical lane. We may not have pitchers who make more this is William, but I think this will be our identity, the jug. We will have strength, rebounding and defense, will not be easy to get the ball inside. We will defend our right lane. This will be our first concern.

Group of Brazil in the Olympics

I guess sometimes you try to guess your opponent's knockout, but we have to worry about the group stage, to qualify as well. This is the most important, we must go well in our group and then think about the knockout.

Dispute over ownership

Do not think about ownership, this headache is there to coach. We're on a selection. The best players from Brazil are here and nobody is worrying about ownership, with the time it will be in court. We want the result and the best for Brazil.

Chance to win medal

We have to think to win medals, yes. There's no point going there just for the Olympics in order to participate. We're thinking about winning, thinking to reach a medal, and that is the goal.

Comparison of demand from Greg Popovich and Ruben Magnano

Each has his style, in training Greg talk a lot with the player off the court is fairly easy. Inside the court he gives scolded, do the best for the team. The Magnano is calmer off the court, but inside is as rigorous as.

Elimination in the NBA

We were playing a final account of a grid time (Oklahoma City Thunder). They played great ball, won the final on the court and I am not shaken by this loss.

Newborn child

It's harder (to father) to be the player (laughs). Unfortunately he can not accompany me in London, but thankfully that has Skype and call down the nostalgia. I put a camera in the room 24 hours a day to see it too.

Friendship with pivot Argentine Luis Scola

He is a kind of godfather of my son. We have a great friendship. He was accompanied our games, we also made barbecue together, but friendship in London so just go into court.

http://www.cbb.com.br/Noticias/Show/9974

Anything about him growing a pair of juevos while he's down in Brazil?

Spurs Brazil
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Not much about the Spurs

Said the Spurs played against a team that were great and won on the court. Said he wasn't very shaken after the loss. (He tried to say the loss won't affect his play with Brazil NT)

The rest of the interview is about his son and Brazil National Team.

SamoanTD
06-20-2012, 03:06 PM
This is about the worst translation ever.

:lmao so true.

ace3g
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Some more info about relationship between Pop and Splitter:

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/june/splitter-says-pop-still-loves-him-despite-tongue-lashing-in-wcf.html

DesignatedT
06-20-2012, 06:20 PM
But Pop hates Splitter.