PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers for fantasy football

rascal
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Any sleepers you like for fantasy football?

First I will define a sleeper as player nobody expects to do well that will have a good year or a player who will fall in most drafts far enough that he will be good value on draft day.

DeadlyDynasty
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Any sleepers you like for fantasy football?

First I will define a sleeper as player nobody expects to do well that will have a good year or a player who will fall in most drafts far enough that he will be good value on draft day.

Jay Cutler

rascal
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I had Cutler as a sleeper QB with Marshall now with Chic.
Has Chic improved their offensive line?

Avante
06-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Erik Decker with the Broncos will become Peyton Mannings go to guy.

Torry Smith the burner with the Ravens.

Brian Quick a rookie receiver out of one of those tiny schools, damn if I can remember who drafted him..duh!

J.T.
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Andrew Luck

Blake
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Andrew Luck

Luck might be an hof'er some day, but if I was going to go with a rookie QB, in all seriousness I would take RG3.

That 40-50 yards rushing per game will add up

rascal
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Erik Decker with the Broncos will become Peyton Mannings go to guy.

Torry Smith the burner with the Ravens.

Brian Quick a rookie receiver out of one of those tiny schools, damn if I can remember who drafted him..duh!

I like Damaryius Thomas more. He had some really big games last year with crappy Qbs.

rascal
06-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Don't sleep on Jonathan Stewart. One of these years he is going to have a breakout year and I want to be on board when that happens. Will be going around the 7th round in drafts this year.

rascal
06-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Luck is a bad pick this year. The Colts will be bad.

Girasuck
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't sleep on Jonathan Stewart. One of these years he is going to have a breakout year and I want to be on board when that happens. Will be going around the 7th round in drafts this year.

Not with him sharing carries with DeAngelo Williams.

JoeTait75
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

And Cam getting the goal-line carries as well.

I think Trent Richardson could have a big year. He won't be splitting carries in Cleveland's thin backfield. And with a rookie QB they're going to be relying on him heavily. Cleveland's OL should actually be pretty solid as well.

VBM
07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Jared Cook...especially if Locker takes the reins from Hasselbeck

Darth_Pelican
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Chris Ivory.... If he stays healthy, he has the potential to be a beast.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
LeStar Jean, WR.

Blake
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Chris Ivory.... If he stays healthy, he has the potential to be a beast.

If he's still with new orleans, probably not, imo.

rascal
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Stevan Ridley in New England could have a breakout year.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
CJ Spiller

gaKNOW!blee
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
CJ Spiller

I certainly hope so, I just hope gailey trusts him this year even with a healthy Jackson. Last year he could barely get 5 carries when Freddy was going strong.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
True, but when Freddie went down CJ was our lone bright spot. He's an amazing talent and need as many touches as he can get. He impressed me between the tackles, and we all know he's scary when getting the ball in space.

Girasuck
07-02-2012, 09:46 PM
I like Toby Gerhart as a second RB. I wouldn't draft him as my first RB option but I feel good taking him as a second RB. Even if Peterson is ready by opening game the Vikings have said they will limit his carries. That could go on for a few games. Everything I've read about Gerhart is that he's bulked up and is stronger than ever.

rascal
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Toby Gerhart: General rule- stay away from white rbs. They ususally turn out to be busts.

VBM
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I'd take Gerhart just to fuck with the AP owner.

rascal
07-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Mike Tolbert is also with Carolina. There is a chance Williams gets traded then Stewarts value goes way up.

I am drafting some teams early where you can find some good value before the sites start writing up the sleepers.

rascal
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
True, but when Freddie went down CJ was our lone bright spot. He's an amazing talent and need as many touches as he can get. He impressed me between the tackles, and we all know he's scary when getting the ball in space.

Spiller is a good value pick this year. load up your team with rbs with upside and Spiller is that type of player. Given an opportunity he will put up good numbers.

Blake
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
If I can't get Foster, Murray, or AP in the first round, I'm going qb, wr, wr, te, rb this year.

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm going QB, TE, TE, RB

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm going QB, TE, TE, RB

There's maybe 3 TE's you take over WRs

Girasuck
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
He's not really a sleeper but I'm drafting Julio Jones as my #1 WR. Dude is set to explode this year.

Girasuck
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Toby Gerhart: General rule- stay away from white rbs. They ususally turn out to be busts.

That's why he's my #2 RB. It's a gamble, but I think he's worth it.

Mike Tolbert is also with Carolina. There is a chance Williams gets traded then Stewarts value goes way up.

If Williams is traded then Stewart will definitely see more carries and more yards, but the touchdown problem is still there cause you know Cam Newton will be options 1-5 in goal line situations.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
There's maybe 3 TE's you take over WRs

Yup and I am getting them all.

rascal
07-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Yup and I am getting them all.

Most leagues you can only start 1 TE. It is not a good idea drafting to make trades. Most teams will just give you low ball offers and you may end up having a good player sitting on the bench.

rascal
07-05-2012, 08:35 AM
He's not really a sleeper but I'm drafting Julio Jones as my #1 WR. Dude is set to explode this year.

Jones over Calvin Johnson? Johnson will be a 1st round pick. Everyone is on Jones so look for him to go in the 2nd round or early 3rd round.

2centsworth
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
My definition of sleeper is guys you can draft late, but hugely outperform guys drafted ahead of them.

Haven't completed my analysis yet , but I here are some off the top of my head.

1. Jordy Nelson
2. Donald Brown
3. Antonio Brown
4. Josh Freeman

No big difference makers yet.

rascal
07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Donald Brown I don't like at all. Just don't think he is very talented. Had lots of opportunity to take over the job and never gets the job done. I am staying away from all Colts. They will be a bad team. Luck will struggle in his first year.

Is Randall Cobb going to get some playing time? He did well when he saw playing time and that should increase this year. Cobb is a sleeper on a high pass oriented team and he is talented.

Nelson will be hit and miss and end up being a frustrating player to own

Antonio Brown is a nice sleeper.

Josh Freeman : Too many more solid qb options to consider before Freeman.

Blake
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
i can't remember the last "sleeper" I've drafted.

Usually you race to the free agent list when he breaks out.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah Donald Brown has been a "sleeper" for years. He simply sucks.

Spur|n|Austin
07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Last year my somewhat sleeper pick was Jimmy Graham and it paid dividends for me. This thread has me pumped, I think it's going to be an exciting season.

DeadlyDynasty
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
I have a tough choice between Brees and Megatron as a keeper. I've had Calvin for 3 years in a row now and I don't think I could live with some other douche in my league racking up points with him. Brees is a monster, but there's a ton of QB's to choose from that are gonna be steals (Cutler, for me)...there's only one Megatron though

djohn2oo8
07-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I have a tough choice between Brees and Megatron as a keeper. I've had Calvin for 3 years in a row now and I don't think I could live with some other douche in my league racking up points with him. Brees is a monster, but there's a ton of QB's to choose from that are gonna be steals (Cutler, for me)...there's only one Megatron though
Easy. Megatron everyday of the week.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Look out for Torry Smith of Baltimore. I mean he's definitely gonna bust out this year, but think if he had a real quarterback.

Girasuck
07-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Easy. Megatron everyday of the week.

I agree. I'd keep Megatron and try and draft Romo, Staffard, or either Manning.

I like Cutler, and the Bears are my team, but they still haven't done a damn thing with the offensive line. I know they eliminated Cutler's 7 step drop which will help, but I'm not so sure I'd draft Cutler as my #1 QB. If you can get him as a backup then that's the way to go.

Girasuck
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
I've done a couple mock drafts so far and in both I've been able to get Michael Bush in late rounds. While Forte will be drafted high, I'd stay away from him. Not sure how his knee will be and you have to question his motivation coming off this mess of a contract. I have a feeling Bush will see more action early on.

Girasuck
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Jones over Calvin Johnson? Johnson will be a 1st round pick. Everyone is on Jones so look for him to go in the 2nd round or early 3rd round.

I'm assuming Megatron will be gone. I guess it just depends on where I'm drafting.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Brandon Marshall IMO is getting too much hype as a sleeper and is gonna get overvalued in drafts. As Girasuck said the Bears' offensive line is a complete mess that'll always prevent their offense from being a powerhouse. I still think he'll do well this year but not well enough to be a top 5 receiver.

I think Shane Vereen is a sleeper and will eventually become New England's 1st and 2nd down back. I know he did nothing last year and Ridley was decent, but Belichick is not gonna have any patience with Ridley if he continues to fumble and Vereen is simply better. I said it when he was drafted and New England is starting to figure out that while he is a great receiver out of the backfield and great east-west runner he's good between the tackles.

Blake
07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I might take Tebow in the 6th or 7th.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I might take him in the 1st or 2nd because I want it all.

DDUBB1770
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Doug Martin rb Tampa bucs will take over if not week one soon enough for Blount better hands better blocker in pass protection only question may b if Blount gets the goal line carries

Drz
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Sleeper #1: Reggie Bush.

Daniel Thomas is not a threat for Bush's carries. The new coaching staff uses a zone-blocking scheme which Thomas isn't suited for. Thomas very clearly struggled on the field last year relative to Bush. Bush showed a lot of explosiveness, burst, and strength, while Thomas ... well, he didn't. It's possible Thomas isn't even the #2 RB this season.

Word on this will probably be out by August, but it's not yet, and hopefully it stays that way.

Sleeper #2: LeGarrette Blount

My first pick is based on researching OTA reports, but this is much more of a gut call, based on talent level. Blount, believe it not, was a top RB last season ON FILM. Not on performance, because the O-Line sucked. Doug Morris, in my opinion, will struggle, just like he struggled against any better than mediocre rush defense he faced in college. I think this has all the makings of yet another case where high expectations for a rookie RB are dashed, and the more talented veteran keeps his job while the rookie learns the ropes in year 1.

rascal
07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I might take Tebow in the 6th or 7th.

Too early. Sanchez will be the starter. Tebow may even go undrafted or very late to the guy who takes Sanchez.

rascal
07-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Robert Meachem is a good sleeper. He is now with San Diego and Vincent Jackson is gone. Meachem will have more consistent opportunities in San Diego and could be a great breakout player.

VBM
07-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Where has Kenny Britt been going in mocks? I think if he can be had in the 5th or 6th round, he could be considered a sleeper by definition.

mojorizen7
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
I blew my FF career sleeper wad in '99 when i drafted Kurt Warner in the last round :lol

I thought Josh Freeman was going to have a monster year last season and loaded up on RB's & WR's before casually taking him very late.....oops. I never recovered.

I also missed on Jermichael Finley last year thinking he was gonna explode.

I didn't win shit last year with 3 different teams after tearing it up for 3 straight years.
I might be losing it. I'll be following this thread so keep the sleepers coming. :toast

VBM
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I also missed on Jermichael Finley last year thinking he was gonna explode.

Problem with Finley is his production is tied to whether or not Jennings is healthy. I think I'd wait on a Fred Davis or Jared Cook-type vs. drafting him or Vernon Davis.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Wtf are you talking about. Daniel Thomas is molded for ZBS. He's a one-cut back like Arian Foster. Bush is the one who dances around, which you cant do in a ZBS. You need to make one cut and explode. Look at his game against Houston last year. They ran ZBS the entire game and he dominated.

The only sleeper I can see on the Dolphins is Charles Clay (TE/FB) or Brian Hartline (WR).

Donald Jones or Naaman Roosevelt on the Bills are huge sleepers.

Doug Baldwin on Sea
How good do you think Henne will be this year?

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Anyone else like jermaine gresham to take that next step this year?

DeadlyDynasty
07-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Joffrey Reynolds

mabrignani
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Alex Smith?

DeadlyDynasty
07-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Alex Smith?

Good one:lol

rascal
09-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Bump
How are everyone's sleepers doing?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I had Cutler and Spiller. Jay is being Jay so far, but C.J. could possibly end up #1 in fantasy points this year.

Lincoln
09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Ridley goin ham, good job on calling it

Rg3 was my sleeper and he has posted back to back 30 point weeks. I gt him late too, maybe like 5th round?

DontStopBelieving
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Drafted Bush in all my drafts for my flex, no complaints:)

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-19-2012, 07:36 PM
When is Tannehill making the move back to WR, brah?

DontStopBelieving
09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
When is Tannehill making the move back to WR, brah?

Loving him so far :)

Girasuck
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I really like what I'm seeing out of Andrew Hawkins. I snagged him in a couple leagues.

rascal
12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Reviewing this thread from preseason some good sleepers were picked in here before the season.

VBM
12-02-2012, 11:12 AM
:lmao at me having any faith in the Titans' offense

rascal
12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I was wrong on Luck and J Stewart.