PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: "Not ready to go there yet, but by the time Lebron retires ...

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
... he will be in Jordan's class". Charles on PTI yesterday. Thoughts?

Mine: I have said repeatedly that Lebron has GOAT level talent, and even with his shrinking moments in past playoffs, he STILL has a SLIM chance at GOAT. He begins to make his case tonight, win or lose. Close out game with his first ring on the line?! I say Lebron takes a huge step. Dumbass Spur fans on here have thought Im trying to add pressure or set high standards (like my opinion on James matters) to tear him down to support Kobe. Lebron's bar should be higher than Kobe, he should chase Magic and then MJ.

djohn2oo8
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
If he wins tonight then he takes a step forward. But lose next year, or end up with less than 3 rings in his career, then that window is shut.

The Gemini Method
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Kind of have the John Elway-esque to his career if he loses tonight and then wins a couple in his mid-to-late part of his career where it'll be like he should have had more than he achieved. I don't think he'll surpass Jordan for the sheer ability to take what Magic and Bird saved and for a good portion of the 90's make the NBA as/more popular than any other American sport. Jordan was transcendent in both the marketing and he was part of the Dream Team, which, made the game global. I think LeBron gets around 3-4 championships but who knows. He has his first crack at getting no.1 tonight.

DMC
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
People put him there before he even entered the league. Now he's playing catch up. Jordan was nobody pretty much, shy of his NC showing. He had to make things for himself. Lebron is a great talent, but he does not have the mindset of Jordan. You can see the doubt in his face that Jordan never possessed.

Ace
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
No, he's not there or near that level yet...

Kai
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.albany.com/byesline/assets_c/2010/12/chosen-one.png

weebo
06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
People put him there before he even entered the league. Now he's playing catch up. Jordan was nobody pretty much, shy of his NC showing. He had to make things for himself. Lebron is a great talent, but he does not have the mindset of Jordan. You can see the doubt in his face that Jordan never possessed.

Jordan didn't come to the league with the pressure of having to win now like Lebron has. That alone took the pressure off of Jordan. Also, as great as Jordan was he won his first ship at the age of 28 when he had Pip and Phil on his side. Lebron is still 27 and on the cusp of winning his first ring with Spolestra as his coach. One last thing, Jordan's mystique of being some type of uber competitor didn't happen until he started winning, before then, he was just another Kobe Bryant.

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Jordan didn't come to the league with the pressure of having to win now like Lebron has. That alone took the pressure off of Jordan. Also, as great as Jordan was he won his first ship at the age of 28 when he had Pip and Phil on his side. Lebron is still 27 and on the cusp of winning his first ring with Spolestra as his coach. One last thing, Jordan's mystique of being some type of uber competitor didn't happen until he started winning, before then, he was just another Kobe Bryant.

LOL you were good until that last part. Kobe won early so his trajectory is nothing like Lebron or MJ. Kobe got to grow under Shaq so that makes his path more like Duncan's (though duncan wa sthe alpha when he rang) or Magic who joned a MVP caliber Kareem.

weebo
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
When Kobe first came into the league, he came into the perfect situation. He had one of the most dominant big men of all time in his prime on a veteran squad. All Kobe had to do is score on iso plays or shoot open jump shots. When Duncan came in, he did so as the cornerstone of a team. Big difference there playa. Anyway, this is about Lebron. Lebron had expectations thrusted on him from day one and people around here act like he should have multiple championships by now when the GOAT didn't win his first until the age of 28.

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 12:44 PM
When Kobe first came into the league, he came into the perfect situation. He had one of the most dominant big men of all time in his prime on a veteran squad. All Kobe had to do is score on iso plays or shoot open jump shots. When Duncan came in, he did so as the cornerstone of a team. Big difference there playa. Anyway, this is about Lebron. Lebron had expectations thrusted on him from day one and people around here act like he should have multiple championships by now when the GOAT didn't win his first until the age of 28.

:rollin

How about create shots, initiate the offense, guard both guard positions and even SF spot at times? In the playoffs Kobe was also the team's second leading rebounder and leading assists man. Kobe did what Lebron did for those Lakers, but he fought that role and he wasnt the number one option. Lebron actually embraces a facilitator's role, while Kobe is hungry and thirsty to score ...ALWAYS.

The reason why Lebron gets more heat than MJ, is because he is more GIFTED than MJ. He is a better all-around player and a superior athlete and specimen. Shaq maybe the only more gifted physically player in NBA history. (I never saw Wilt)

Oh, and YOU brought up Kobe, not me. I created the thread, it was comparing Lebron and MJ ... obsessed :lmao

Juanobili
06-21-2012, 12:53 PM
never. it'll be jordan>kobe>lebron

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I dont agree. Lebron still has a slim chance, at MJ decent shot at Magic and a good chance of surpassing Kobe and Duncan.. IF LBJ gets to at least 3 rings many would say he is better than Bird and many would give him the nod over Duncan/Shaq at 4 rings and Kobe/Magic at 5.

tesseractive
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
When Kobe first came into the league, he came into the perfect situation. He had one of the most dominant big men of all time in his prime on a veteran squad. All Kobe had to do is score on iso plays or shoot open jump shots. When Duncan came in, he did so as the cornerstone of a team. Big difference there playa.

When Duncan came in, he had Robinson. He became the offensive focal point, but the Admiral was still the defensive anchor until his back declined.

That's not to say Duncan = Kobe or anything so reductive, but both succeeded early in their careers because they came into situations with another elite player that shouldered a big part of the load.

Jacob1983
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
How can anyone say that Lebron is close to being Jordan or on his way to being Jordan? Kobe is closer to being Jordan than Lebron.

How can Lebron be like Jordan? Lebron may just now finally get his first ring after his 3rd time in the Finals. Jordan won 3 championships in his first 3 appearances in the Finals.

Is the Lebron - Jordan talk just an example of Lebron nuthugging?

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
When Duncan came in, he had Robinson. He became the offensive focal point, but the Admiral was still the defensive anchor until his back declined.

That's not to say Duncan = Kobe or anything so reductive, but both succeeded early in their careers because they came into situations with another elite player that shouldered a big part of the load.

Let's not kid ourselves here. When TD was drafted everyone in the Spurs organization anointed him as the franchise. By that time, injuries had taken a toll on DRob (back) and he was no longer the player he was in his prime years. That I believe is the reason Robinson relinquished is top dog status without as much as a peep. He knew that he no longer could carry the team consistently. Kobe, on the other hand, was a kid out of high school that was allowed to screw up and learn because he had the benefit of playing for a great coach with an all time great in his prime.

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
How can anyone say that Lebron is close to being Jordan or on his way to being Jordan? Kobe is closer to being Jordan than Lebron.

How can Lebron be like Jordan? Lebron may just now finally get his first ring after his 3rd time in the Finals. Jordan won 3 championships in his first 3 appearances in the Finals.

Right now it' all speculation, conjecture and projections. He hasnt won even one ring ... yet. But if gets 3 or 4 there will be some based on his great all-around play, his traditional stats and advanced stats that woul put him over guys with more rings. Not saying I would ... but I can see a case being made.

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:16 PM

MJ @ age 27: 0 finals appearance/ 0 rings
Lebron @ age 27: 3 finals appearances/ on the cusp of his first

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
:rollin

How about create shots, initiate the offense, guard both guard positions and even SF spot at times? In the playoffs Kobe was also the team's second leading rebounder and leading assists man. Kobe did what Lebron did for those Lakers, but he fought that role and he wasnt the number one option. Lebron actually embraces a facilitator's role, while Kobe is hungry and thirsty to score ...ALWAYS.

The reason why Lebron gets more heat than MJ, is because he is more GIFTED than MJ. He is a better all-around player and a superior athlete and specimen. Shaq maybe the only more gifted physically player in NBA history. (I never saw Wilt)

Oh, and YOU brought up Kobe, not me. I created the thread, it was comparing Lebron and MJ ... obsessed :lmao

The lakers ran the triangle offense that is by its nature initiated by post play...i.e. Shaq. The knock on Kobe has always been his selfish play so I don't know where you get this "creating shots" for others. If by creating shots you mean dumping a bail out pass to an open teammate with few seconds left on the shot clock, then I guess you win there.

Lebron, on the other hand, understand the game a lot better than Kobe or MJ. He understands that he alone won't win championships. It will take him not only making plays for himself but for his teammates.

The same thing people have always bashed Kobe for is the one thing Lebron actually does well and gets bashed for it.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Let's not kid ourselves here. When TD was drafted everyone in the Spurs organization anointed him as the franchise. By that time, injuries had taken a toll on DRob (back) and he was no longer the player he was in his prime years. That I believe is the reason Robinson relinquished is top dog status without as much as a peep. He knew that he no longer could carry the team consistently. Kobe, on the other hand, was a kid out of high school that was allowed to screw up and learn because he had the benefit of playing for a great coach with an all time great in his prime.

So when did you get his tongue ring...before or after draft day?

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
So when did HE...when did HE get his tongue ring...before or after draft day?

lefty
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Lebron is a great great player, but in Jordan' class?

GTFO

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
So when did you get his tongue ring...before or after draft day?

and the homo with the pink dress finally makes a cameo...can't have a laker/kobe thread w/o pink sally making an appearance :lmao

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Lebron is a great great player, but in Jordan' class?

GTFO

no one is putting him in MJ's class....yet

check out the thread title brah

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
and the homo with the pink dress finally makes a cameo...can't have a laker/kobe thread w/o pink sally making an appearance :lmao

Listen..all you had to say was: "Kool he got his tongue ring shortly after he was drafted"...I don't need smart ass comments...

now let's try this again...ok?

So when did he get his tramp stamp?

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
... he will be in Jordan's class". Charles on PTI yesterday. Thoughts?

Mine: I have said repeatedly that Lebron has GOAT level talent, and even with his shrinking moments in past playoffs, he STILL has a SLIM chance at GOAT. He begins to make his case tonight, win or lose. Close out game with his first ring on the line?! I say Lebron takes a huge step. Dumbass Spur fans on here have thought Im trying to add pressure or set high standards (like my opinion on James matters) to tear him down to support Kobe. Lebron's bar should be higher than Kobe, he should chase Magic and then MJ.

Barkley's just saying this because he despises Kobe to his seal blubber heart :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
MJ is already on record as saying only Kobe deserves comparison...Barkley's opinions mean nothing after that..Barkley;'s opinions are worthless just like his Championship rings - lol

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Barkley does seem to hate on Kobe and love Lebron, but he wont be the only making this case. Hollinger, Abbott etc have a huge hard-on for Lebron. and it will be only a matter of time before:

"As lebron captures his 2nd ring is he already a greater SF than Larry Bird?"
For full story click here. Requires ESPN Insider.

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Listen..all you had to say was: "Kool he got his tongue ring shortly after he was drafted"...I don't need smart ass comments...

now let's try this again...ok?

So when did he get his tramp stamp?

must've been sometime before kobe started raping white little girls

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Barkley does seem to hate on Kobe and love Lebron, but he wont be the only making this case. Hollinger, Abbott etc have a huge hard-on for Lebron. and it will be only a matter of time before:

"As lebron captures his 2nd ring is he already a greater SF than Larry Bird?"
For full story click here. Requires ESPN Insider.

They don't hate Kobe. They know what Kobe really is. Contrary to what lakerfan believes, Kobe is nothing more than a pad stating glorified TMac, VC, Joe Johnson, etc...In other words, he's redundant but he's been lucky enough to always have someone better on his team to help him win championships. Laker fan blinds themselves to all things kobe...when all along he's been nothing more than a chucking second banana....:lmao

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 01:54 PM
They don't hate Kobe. They know what Kobe really is. Contrary to what lakerfan believes, Kobe is nothing more than a pad stating glorified TMac, VC, Joe Johnson, etc...In other words, he's redundant but he's been lucky enough to always have someone better on his team to help him win championships. Laker fan blinds themselves to all things kobe...when all along he's been nothing more than a chucking second banana....:lmao

You were doing alright for a moment there (in this thread), then you became a blathering idiot. Kool got in your head and then you let a good debate derail in to name calling and feminine ranting.

I dont blame you Weebo, Kool has that effect on the weak-minded.

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
You were doing alright for a moment there (in this thread), then you became a blathering idiot. Kool got in your head and then you let a good debate derail in to name calling and feminine ranting.

I dont blame you Weebo, Kool has that effect on the weak-minded.

:lmao pink sally
:lmao dropping truth bombs on your boi kobe

TampaDude
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM

weebo with the goods :toast

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
:lmao pink sally
:lmao dropping truth bombs on your boi kobe

:lol reading comprehension. Only person I said was hating on Kobe was Chuck. Hollinger is a computer nerd and I dont think he cares about Kobe either way. He just loves his computer and it's calculations.
Abbott Im convinced dosnt truly hate on Kobe, he just hates his style of play. but he gets more hits by attacking Kobe's clutch reputation, and I dont blame him, Kobe has been excellent and Very iffy in the clutch sometimes in the same series.

:rollin bringing up Kobe again in a Lebron/MJ thread ...

What do I have to do with, Kool :wakeup

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
:lol reading comprehension. Only person I said was hating on Kobe was Chuck. Hollinger is a computer nerd and I dont think he cares about Kobe either way. He just loves his computer and it's calculations.
Abbott Im convinced dosnt truly hate on Kobe, he just hates his style of play. but he gets more hits by attacking Kobe's clutch reputation, and I dont blame him, Kobe has been excellent and Very iffy in the clutch sometimes in the same series.

:rollin bringing up Kobe again in a Lebron/MJ thread ...

What do I have to do with, Kool :wakeup

brah no one hates kobe the ball player ('cept maybe those hicks in colorado)...hell you can even say kobe could run for communist dictator in china and win by a landslide...all I said was that Bron gets shafted for trying to get his teammates involved unlike guys like kobe or that he lacks a competitive edge (whatever that means) unlike guys like Jordan...which is utter bull corn...people want to hate Bron because he went to Miami to join bosh and wade because he wanted to win multiple ships and knew that he wouldnt be able to do that playing in cleveland...

lefty
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
no one is putting him in MJ's class....yet

check out the thread title brah
Even after his career is over

Never be in the same class, scrah

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Even after his career is over

Never be in the same class, scrah

:lmao part of the herd that bought into the MJ hype as the basketball messiah

the Almighty Stern anoints saviors not some scrub who post as lefty

:lmao:lmao

lefty
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
:lmao part of the herd that bought into the MJ hype as the basketball messiah

the Almighty Stern anoints saviors not some scrub who post as lefty

:lmao:lmao
Aha

Fuck those faggots

Wade Kobe, Lebron are all benefiting from the rule changes: no handchecking, defensive 3 second violation

MJ had to get past his defender 1st; and when he did, a big man was parked near the basket for 10 hours, waiting to smack him in mid air

MJ shits on all those faggots

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
brah no one hates kobe the ball player ('cept maybe those hicks in colorado)...hell you can even say kobe could run for communist dictator in china and win by a landslide...all I said was that Bron gets shafted for trying to get his teammates involved unlike guys like kobe or that he lacks a competitive edge (whatever that means) unlike guys like Jordan...which is utter bull corn...people want to hate Bron because he went to Miami to join bosh and wade because he wanted to win multiple ships and knew that he wouldnt be able to do that playing in cleveland...

Weebo and Killa...you guys took this way too far....I asked a very basic and simple question..I didn't mean for a full on war...I'm apologize...

All I wanted to know is the timing on the tramp stamp....and if you have a tramp stamp does that mean your hips are controlled from behind..

Hey fellas that's all I care to know....thanks :lol

And I expect Weebo to answer it.

mavs>spurs
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I call ass. You can't be in the same class as Jordan without the killer instinct and will to win that Jordan had. For the first 3 quarters, it may very well even be a wash. But for the 4th quarter, MJ blows Lebron out of the fuckin water.

Give me MJ all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

oh crap
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I call ass. You can't be in the same class as Jordan without the killer instinct and will to win that Jordan had. For the first 3 quarters, it may very well even be a wash. But for the 4th quarter, MJ blows Lebron out of the fuckin water.

Give me MJ all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

rarely see eye to eye, but this is spot on.

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Weebo and Killa...you guys took this way too far....I asked a very basic and simple question..I didn't mean for a full on war...I'm apologize...

All I wanted to know is the timing on the tramp stamp....and if you have a tramp stamp does that mean your hips are controlled from behind..

Hey fellas that's all I care to know....thanks :lol

And I expect Weebo to answer it.

answered your question brah....scroll up this mutha

LkrFan
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM

After all of the playoff series whereas Kobe shitted on the Spurs in the playoffs, these and similar dumbass comments don't surprise me one bit. Unless you lived under a rock for the past decade or so, how could you possibly continue to type this bullshit? I'll guarantee you neither TD nor Pop shares the same sentiments. :downspin:

KaiRMD1
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Problem is the league was tougher when Jordan was playing so he didn't have to rely on getting the calls, he actually GOT fouled and what they assess as a flagrant one or two now was just a regular back in the day. Lebron is great, I'll give him that but as far as being the GOAT? Maybe for the current way the league is but unless the league goes back to being as tough as it used to be, Lebron can only be GOAT for now

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
i guess hitting a dagger three late in the fourth quarter of a finals when your team was desperate for points doesn't qualify as "killer instincts"....or leading your team to three finals appearances doesn't qualify as having "killer instincts"...or scoring 25 straight points in a conference finals vs detroit doesn't qualify as having "killer instincts"...etc...:rolleyes

mavs>spurs
06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
i guess hitting a dagger three late in the fourth quarter of a finals when your team was desperate for points doesn't qualify as "killer instincts"....or leading your team to three finals appearances doesn't qualify as having "killer instincts"...or scoring 25 straight points in a conference finals vs detroit doesn't qualify as having "killer instincts"...etc...:rolleyes

Let me make myself clear- I'm not in the camp who says Lebron is a choker or anything like that. I think he's far from a choker, just nowhere near the closer a player of his elite talent should be and miles behind the GOAT in that category.

To me, what separates the 2 is that Lebron is an average closer for a star player, while Jordan took closing to a whole new level.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Problem is the league was tougher when Jordan was playing so he didn't have to rely on getting the calls
Pause... you can eliminate one of MJ's rings right off the bat if they called his push off on Bryon Russell in '98... offensive foul on Jordan, tbh.

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
After all of the playoff series whereas Kobe shitted on the Spurs in the playoffs, these and similar dumbass comments don't surprise me one bit. Unless you lived under a rock for the past decade or so, how could you possibly continue to type this bullshit? I'll guarantee you neither TD nor Pop shares the same sentiments. :downspin:

:lmao says the ultimate kobe nuthugger

pop has always been pc about all nba greats...but truth is the spurs could live with kobe taking shots...its always been focusing on the la bigs...first it was shaq and co nowadays its tits bynum and the gay spaniard

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Let me make myself clear- I'm not in the camp who says Lebron is a choker or anything like that. I think he's far from a choker, just nowhere near the closer a player of his elite talent should be and miles behind the GOAT in that category.

To me, what separates the 2 is that Lebron is an average closer for a star player, while Jordan took closing to a whole new level.

respect your opinion brah but with that Bron has done it pretty much by himself ...jordan didn't win jack until pip and phil got to chi-town and there was never the type of scrutiny by the media or fans there is today...people forget that Bron has being doing this with guys like boobie gibson and mario chalmers while jordan had steve kerr and john paxson...not to mention jordan did this with one of the all time best coaches and another great in doug collins...lebron has been doing this with guys named silas, brown, and spoelstra

LkrFan
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM
:lmao says the ultimate kobe nuthugger

pop has always been pc about all nba greats...but truth is the spurs could live with kobe taking shots...its always been focusing on the la bigs...first it was shaq and co nowadays its tits bynum and the gay spaniard

That dude in your avatar. Despite having the best C/PF combo in the league to anchor the paint, why did your Spurs go out and get Bruce Lee Bowen? You don't have to answer that - publicly. PM me dawg. :downspin:

DAF86
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM

On the very first post:

Dumbass Spur fans on here have thought Im trying to add pressure or set high standards (like my opinion on James matters) to tear him down to support Kobe. Lebron's bar should be higher than Kobe, he should chase Magic and then MJ.

DAF86
06-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't know about Jordan but with two rings (and finals MVP's) his accomplishments can already be considered better than Kobe's.

LkrFan
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
respect your opinion brah but with that Bron has done it pretty much by himself ...jordan didn't win jack until pip and phil got to chi-town and there was never the type of scrutiny by the media or fans there is today...people forget that Bron has being doing this with guys like boobie gibson and mario chalmers while jordan had steve kerr and john paxson...not to mention jordan did this with one of the all time best coaches and another great in doug collins...lebron has been doing this with guys named silas, brown, and spoelstra

Wade and Bosh on the...but he doing it by himself? GTFO with that bullshit. :lol

Oh and for shits and giggles: weedhead says Doug Collins was a great coach! :lmao

#COMEDYGOLD

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
That dude in your avatar. Despite having the best C/PF combo in the league to anchor the paint, why did your Spurs go out and get Bruce Lee Bowen? You don't have to answer that - publicly. PM me dawg. :downspin:

duh perimeter defense...one kidney elliott would no longer be able to play that role so they needed someone to who could defend the perimeter...there's always been a lot of great perimeter players in the league

:lmao thinking that bowen was signed only to stop kobe

weebo
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Wade and Bosh on the...but he doing it by himself? GTFO with that bullshit. :lol

Oh and for shits and giggles: weedhead says Doug Collins was a great coach! :lmao

#COMEDYGOLD

Before Bosh and before Wade, who else could Lebron count on? 50 year old Shaq? Carlos Boozer?:lmao

Kobe has always been surrounded by big talent and the one time he wasn't he sucked dirty ass.

Doug Collins is a great coach. How many coaches can you name that have been to the playoffs 7 out of his 10 years as coach? You don't have to look to far to figure that out. Just look what he's done with a bunch of rooks and spare parts in Philly. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
I hate career comparisons, too many variables..

Lebron comparisons will be based on peak vs. peak, considering his career could still have another 5-7 years of 1st/2nd option years..

Lebron's close-out performances tonight, along with other potential close-out games in this series, will be of paramount importance in shaping up his legacy..

Agloco
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
.......and even with his shrinking moments in past playoffs

The GOAT shouldn't have this on his resume at any point in his career tbh.

Agloco
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM

weebo with the goods :toast

Well.....to be fair, with respect to age:

LeBron entered the league 1044 days before Jordan did

Assuming the Heat close out the Thunder tonight, he will win his first ring 306 days before Jordan did.

Also, as is pointed out above he's also had two other opportunities already, and failed. Seems to me like hes a bit behind.