PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom in talks with L.A

djohn2oo8
06-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Lamar Odom In Talks To Sign With LA Clippers, Says Report

by Christopher Rogers

Lamar and Khloe Kardashian may get their wish to stay in Los Angeles if the NBA star is drafted to the Clippers! Find out all the details of Lamar’s potential career move!

Khloe Kardashian may get to stay close to her family in Los Angeles as her husband Lamar Odom is reportedly in talks to sign with the LA Clippers!

“Lamar’s agent is in talks with the Clippers,” a source close to Lamar told Radar Online. “He and Khloe are thrilled that he’ll be returning to the team and that they will get to stay in LA and be close to their families.”

Being drafted to the Clippers would be familiar territory for Lamar, 32, who first played for the team from 1999 to 2003, before being drafted by the LA Lakers!

“Lamar wants to return to Los Angeles and the Clippers want him. They just need to work out finances and contractual issues,” the source adds.

Khloe, 27, is actively trying to start a family with her hubby and this move would be opportune for the reality stars! Khloe would be around the rest of her family as she raises her potential baby!

“Khloe wants to be near her own family when she and Lamar start their family and this new job for him will make that all happen so easily. She was happy to move to Dallas and would move anywhere for Lamar, but having him on a team in LA is a dream come true,” the source says.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1f17bfe53b0b32667030c5d01c161283&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.clutchfans.net%2Fshowthread.p hp%3Ft%3D221372&v=1&libid=1340299181502&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodlife.com%2F2012%2F06 %2F21%2Flamar-odom-clippers-khloe-kardashian-los-angeles%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.clutchfans.net%2Fforumdisplay .php%3Ff%3D8&title=are%20the%20Clippers%20going%20to%20trade%20 Mo%20Williams%20for%20Lamar%20Odom%3F%20-%20ClutchFans&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodlife.com%2F2012%2F06 ...n-los-angeles%2F&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13402992941401

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Final piece to a title tbh.... we all know Lamar will only try hard in LA, and he's desperate... another Sixth Man of the Year for Odom...

Venti Quattro
06-21-2012, 12:29 PM
:cry Lamar going to the wrong LA
:cry I was joyful until I opened this thread

djohn2oo8
06-21-2012, 12:29 PM
:cry Lamar going to the wrong LA
:cry I was joyful until I opened this thread
:lol

clambake
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
starting a family, huh. which one will actually be giving the birth?

Pelicans78
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
This should keep CP3 with the Clippers long-term.

Killakobe81
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
What a horrible article :lol
Drafted by the Lakers? Drafted AGAIN to the Clippers?! WTF?! What great sports journalism. Was this written from someone that was in ESL classes growing up?

The Gemini Method
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Hope he can find that usefulness that was influential in garnering the Lakers 2 titles. If so, the Clippers will be even more of a force than they were this year. Could easily see them competing with OKC for supremacy in the West. However, he hasn't played meaningful basketball in, when the next season starts, almost 2 years. Wonder how he'll rebound from the moribund situation in L.A. (Lakers) and Dallas.

weebo
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Horrible move for the Clips if they sign this major distraction. The last thing a young team with a bright future needs is another character(they already have Kenyon Martin) with this level of unprofessionalism.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Horrible move for the Clips if they sign this major distraction. The last thing a young team with a bright future needs is another character(they already have Kenyon Martin) with this level of unprofessionalism.

Simmer down bro... Lamar doesn't have his show anymore and it's his last chance in the league, plus it's LA tbh... CP3 and Chauncey won't allow him to be a distraction... comeback season for Lamar...

Bill_Brasky
06-21-2012, 12:50 PM
What's with the wannabe TMZ article?

Juanobili
06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
piece of shit got what he wanted. must be nice.

Findog
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
How can they sign him when the Mavs still own his rights? Hopefully Dallas will trade him to Cleveland or Charlotte. I'd take a conditional second-round pick just for the satisfaction of giving his rights to those teams.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I think the Mavs are gonna buy him out tbh...

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Simmer down bro... Lamar doesn't have his show anymore and it's his last chance in the league, plus it's LA tbh... CP3 and Chauncey won't allow him to be a distraction... comeback season for Lamar...

the kardashians got him now brah...that circus don't need no tv series...and :lmao at prima donna cp3 and gimp billups having any clout over a two time NBA champion bronze and gold medalist

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
CP3 is a superstar... Billups is a respected vet... Lamar has a tarnished rep and is a bench player... of course CP3 and Billups call the shots there tbh...

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Final piece to a title tbh....

:lol

weebo
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
CP3 is a superstar... Billups is a respected vet... Lamar has a tarnished rep and is a bench player... of course CP3 and Billups call the shots there tbh...

its the kardashians brah...they're in LA ...do you honestly think odom will focus only on basketball when he has all this other bullshit going on around him...superstar or not cp3 has no room to talk about professionalism because he bitched and moaned his way out of NO...billups is one muscle pull from being an nba obituary...he'll be lucky if he makes it through a full season without being out for the year again

sorry brah...i don't even like the clips but its the truth...they can do much better than odom

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
The Hornets had no owner and no money and a crap-ass team, of course CP3 was gonna leave bro... bitching and moaning is what Dwight does on a daily basis...

Frenzy
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
How can they sign him when the Mavs still own his rights? Hopefully Dallas will trade him to Cleveland or Charlotte. I'd take a conditional second-round pick just for the satisfaction of giving his rights to those teams.

This.

"..Oh I got traded to a team that wasn't a big market media center. :cry I know I'll play like shit to get traded back so I can get what I want just like a spoiled little bitch does.."

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
The Hornets had no owner and no money and a crap-ass team, of course CP3 was gonna leave bro... bitching and moaning is what Dwight does on a daily basis...

so cp3 is no better than dwight is what youre saying....according to spurstalk poster that's pretty unprofessional

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
CP3 grew a pair, asked for a trade, and left... Dwight lies, flip-flops, and acts like a baby... big difference, tbh.

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM
CP3 grew a pair, asked for a trade, and left... Dwight lies, flip-flops, and acts like a baby... big difference, tbh.

cp3 was already making plans to join the knicks with amare and melo

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Not CP3's fault that the Knicks blew all their money on Tyson Chandler tbh...

baseline bum
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
starting a family, huh. which one will actually be giving the birth?

Lamar's going to raise a whole litter? This is Kemp 2.0.

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
what i meant was that cp3 was already pulling a carmelo anthony and bitching about playing some place while still under contract...the hornets wanted no part of it so they shipped him to the clippers...cp3 is no saint in all this...he's just another melo and dwight who got traded before the media could turn it the day time drama we had with melo and now with dwight

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
CP3 handled it so much better than Dwight or Melo... he insisted on a trade so the Hornets could get something back in return, he had an iron-clad list of a couple teams, and he never flip flopped or lied about it, tbh... if you can't see that, then I'm wasting my time here...

weebo
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
CP3 handled it so much better than Dwight or Melo... he insisted on a trade so the Hornets could get something back in return, he had an iron-clad list of a couple teams, and he never flip flopped or lied about it, tbh... if you can't see that, then I'm wasting my time here...

cp3 had no choice ...he got traded before the shit storm was about to hit...dwight and melo also have/had a iron clad list of teams they wanted to go to...much like cp3... and :lmao at cp3 giving a shit about the hornets organization when all along he threatened to leave after his contract was up....btw the clips were never part of cp3's original wish list

Dunc n Dave
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
:nope this is all fine and dandy... except for the part that is can't happen legally until July 1st.

Seeing as even if Dallas DIDN'T currently hold his rights, other teams can't LEGALLY contact/negotiate with FA's until that day.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Tampering tbh.

dunkman
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Sterling has to shell out some additional bucks for a better coach too, tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Sterling has to shell out some additional bucks for a better coach too, tbh.

:lol He won't even pay for Elg's salary

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Vinny's contract is up after next season... not that it matters, tbh... Heat are about to win a title with the world's dumbest coach...

DPG21920
06-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Tampering tbh.

Exactly :lol. How is that not tampering? If he is under contract with the Mavs (even if they are obviously going to buy him out) isn't that a pretty straight forward rule?

Fergie The Florists
06-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Won't help the clippers anyway, lost cause franchise

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Won't help the clippers anyway, lost cause franchise
:lol How 'bout them Thunder? Still gonna win this series?

Bynumite
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
If the Lakers can't get Odom, i think his bitch could be a solid bench player... Do it Mitch.

Latarian Milton
06-21-2012, 07:54 PM

he was acquired last year just for that exact purpose imho. dallas will trade his ass packed with Contract Whore probably for some real big name (hopefully Dwight Howard), add some picks to make it happen if necessary

just seal up Deron's signature first of all and magic would've no other choice but to ship him here for some expiring shits & picks, rather than let him walk free one year later. DH nigga only wants to play with Deron, Deron is a FA and he's the decider of the game now imho

Clipper Nation
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Tampering tbh.
Damn, that is a serious charge tbh... Vinny should be suspended for all of next season because of that...

Clipper Nation
06-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Looks like it's happening, tbh..... http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8100397/sources-los-angeles-clippers-engaged-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks-lamar-odom

:lol Mavs
:lol Thought they were getting DWill and Dwight
:lol Getting Mo Williams and maybe a broke-down Brandon Roy instead

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Obviously the whack azz poster above me is an idiot.
1. Mavs are trying to trade this dude and take back NO SALARY..... hoping to find a team dumb enough to take him off our hands ( here come the clippers lol)
2. Mo Williams is NOWHERE close to being on the Mavs radar... it will be a 3 team trade rumored to be the Lakers taking back Mo Williams, Mavs would get a 2nd round pick or a trade exception

Clipper Nation
06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Ah, I guess I misread, B.... LOL at another chucker being added to the Lakers, then...

DMC
06-27-2012, 08:21 AM
He should never be allowed to play for another NBA team imo.

DMC
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
he was acquired last year just for that exact purpose imho. dallas will trade his ass packed with Contract Whore probably for some real big name (hopefully Dwight Howard), add some picks to make it happen if necessary

just seal up Deron's signature first of all and magic would've no other choice but to ship him here for some expiring shits & picks, rather than let him walk free one year later. DH nigga only wants to play with Deron, Deron is a FA and he's the decider of the game now imho
Here?

What happened to the Heat fan in you?

m>s
06-27-2012, 10:22 AM
^ :lol forgot to log in m>s first tbh and yes, you caught me with my pants down & yellow ass exposed :lol

m>s
06-27-2012, 10:25 AM
would rather have a try on mo williams & a brokeass roy for shit prices than max out eric gordon from NO with ridiculous money

sananspursfan21
06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Lol at odom being "drafted" by the clippers

jeebus
06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Last time I checked, Lamar buried a baby.

Venti Quattro
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Last time I checked, Lamar buried a baby.

...inside Khloe.

Clipper Nation
06-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Lol at odom being "drafted" by the clippers
Um, he was, guy...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/draft/news/1999/06/30/clippers_odom/lg_lamar_ap_01.jpg

http://worldwideleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/odomclips.jpeg

Lincoln
06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Fuck Lamar

Kidd K
06-27-2012, 11:50 AM
This should keep CP3 with the Clippers long-term.

How do you figure? Odom is like 34 now. If he even has one year left, he's gonna be no better than driftwood after 2. Look how garbage he was this year.

Mel_13
06-28-2012, 02:17 PM
The Utah Jazz have emerged as the potential third team in the Los Angeles Clippers' ongoing trade discussions to acquire Lamar Odom from the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Jazz are willing to take on Mo Williams in a three-team trade scenario that would send Odom to the Clippers and enable the Mavericks to shed Odom's salary without taking back any salary.

The ball now is now in Williams' court. The trade cannot be completed unless Williams agrees to invoke his $8.5 million player option for next season by Saturday's deadline, which means that the 29-year-old is essentially deciding if he wants to return to the Jazz  where he began his career in 2003-04 -- or test free agency this summer.

The Jazz can absorb Williams' salary without sending a player to the Mavericks by using a trade exception created by last season's trade of Mehmet Okur to New Jersey.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8108044/sources-utah-jazz-help-lamar-odom-los-angeles-clippers-deal