PDA

View Full Version : Bow Down to Your Bovine Overlords Tech

Thompson
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
It's bad enough ESPN is so heavily invested in a school it's supposed to cover (bias anyone?); now ESPN/Texas are trying to force Tech to put one of its games on the Longhorn Network. Is Texas still trying to broadcast high school games on the LHN? If not, I'm sure it's just temporarily on the back burner. Pay attention Clemson, Florida State, etc.

http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=1377831

Hopefully Tech sticks to its guns on this; I'm glad we don't have to mess with it anymore. Still think the SEC move didn't make sense? It's going to be tough, but every day I freaking love it even more. :lol Good luck with 'benevolent savior' Texas, Big 12. Time to pay the piper.

Vito Corleone
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
LOL Texas is king of the world

It's good to be the king

tlongII
06-22-2012, 05:29 AM
The only thing Texas doesn't have is a good football team. :lmao

benefactor
06-22-2012, 05:53 AM
lol still obsessed

If you are so happy to have moved on why don't you just...I don't know...move on?

Thompson
06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
lol still obsessed

If you are so happy to have moved on why don't you just...I don't know...move on?

Believe that if you want (Texas fans love to think Aggies/others are obsessed with them). We're so obsessed we left you behind, even after you threatened never to play us again.

I'm not certain, but this may be the first thread I've started about Texas. I thought this deserved a thread after the 2-3 threads per month deriding 'aggy' for the move to the SEC, claiming it was for a dozen different reasons, none of them justified (despite Texas starting the realignments stuff by talking to the Big 10 / Pac 10 / trying to broadcast high school games / trying to force Tech to do this last year / repeating the same stuff now).

Multiple threads about A&M apparently mean nothing, but I'm not allowed to post anything in the other direction or I'm obsessed. OK. :lol Admit it, this stuff happening again (especially when the Big 12 is trying to attract new members) is pretty funny (and worthy of a thread).

leemajors
06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
They should be upset, no one would be able to see the game on LHN.

BobcatSoldier
06-22-2012, 08:34 AM
This news blows big time for Texas State. The school has been feeding money into this game ever since a home at home was announced. We would still get paid if Tech were to cancel but honestly we don't need the money just the publicity for recruits and alumni. Look for not only Tech but for both schools to put their foot down on this game being aired on the Creampuff Network.

Vito Corleone
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
The only thing Texas doesn't have is a good football team. :lmao

As opposed to Oregon state

:lmao

DesignatedT
06-22-2012, 02:16 PM
lol big12

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 02:24 PM
:lol Aggies
:lol TU
:lol WAC

Vito Corleone
06-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Poooor BSU

No matter how good you are, you are still BSU and not invited to the Prom.

BSU is like the winner of the NIT tourney, no matter how great you are, you are still no better than #65 in the nation.

Now run along and let the adults talk.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Nobody other than the SEC is invited to the prom anymore tbh... these playoffs will be rigged for 4 SEC teams every year... we all playin for second in the other conferences, tbh...

Blake
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Look for not only Tech but for both schools to put their foot down on this game being aired on the Creampuff Network.

No, just Tech.

damn the WAC for putting these schools in this situation.

Vito Corleone
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Nobody other than the SEC is invited to the prom anymore tbh... these playoffs will be rigged for 4 SEC teams every year... we all playin for second in the other conferences, tbh...

LOL

The playoff format is not set at this point so we don't even know how it is going to be formatted. If it is top 4, it likely won't last long the moment one Conf gets 2 or 3 in this whole thing is done.

I hope it is set up that way then you will see it expanded to 8 or 16 teams and then you have a real playoff. SEC won't be able to hide like they do now.

Texas was the last non-SEC school to win it all, and since then there hasn't been a single SEC team that could like the boots of that 05 Texas team, or the 04 USC team, or the 02 Miami team.

Thompson
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
SEC won't be able to hide like they do now.

:rollin

Texas plays in the watered-down Big 12, and until recently they didn't even want 12 teams so they could avoid having to go through a conference championship game. Who's hiding? Any time you want to play us, just tell Dodds to stop pouting. You're like that guy screaming "Let me at 'em!" when no one is holding him back.

DMX7
06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
A&M sucks no matter what conference they play in.

Thompson
06-22-2012, 06:42 PM
A&M sucks no matter what conference they play in.

A&M had a lousy decade, and yet we have a winning record vs. Texas in my lifetime (and probably yours). Texas saw an excuse to bail on a 50/50 win/lose game and took it. They want cream puffs. Enjoy that - I'll enjoy our renewed rivalry with LSU and games with Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the latest 2013 Rivals team rankings? A&M is currently 4th even after a lousy season last year (still think the SEC won't help recruiting?); Texas is 6th. Five of the top ten teams (and 11 of the top 25) are from the SEC. Three of the top 25 are from the Big 12. As profitable as the A&M-Texas series has been, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever start up again; if Texas was afraid of a 50/50 game, I doubt they'll want to play us after a few years in the SEC.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
The Aggies had a lousy lifetime tbh... even my Broncos have won BCS bowls.... Aggie just went from 7 wins max every year to 5...

shyne
06-22-2012, 06:54 PM
A&M had a lousy decade, and yet we have a winning record vs. Texas in my lifetime (and probably yours). Texas saw an excuse to bail on a 50/50 win/lose game and took it. They want cream puffs. Enjoy that - I'll enjoy our renewed rivalry with LSU and games with Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the latest 2013 Rivals team rankings? A&M is currently 4th even after a lousy season last year (still think the SEC won't help recruiting?); Texas is 6th. Five of the top ten teams (and 11 of the top 25) are from the SEC. Three of the top 25 are from the Big 12. As profitable as the A&M-Texas series has been, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever start up again; if Texas was afraid of a 50/50 game, I doubt they'll want to play us after a few years in the SEC.

What does it matter what ranking your recruiting class is, your team was loaded last year and managed to go 5-7 in the shitty Big 12 you keep talking about. Heard all the same bullshit from you guys last year, do something other than join a conference before you start your shit talking.

Thompson
06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
What does it matter what ranking your recruiting class is, your team was loaded last year and managed to go 5-7 in the shitty Big 12 you keep talking about. Heard all the same bullshit from you guys last year, do something other than join a conference before you start your shit talking.

It matters because in spite of the lousy season we had (and in spite of so many of you saying the SEC wouldn't help recruiting), we're currently ahead of you in the class rankings (granted, Texas has sucked the past couple of years also).

Will this edge hold up? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm excited to watch my team play in the greatest conference in college football, with an energetic young new coach. Texas fans are looking forward to seeing which of their quarterbacks sucks less against mediocre competition, and wondering if Brown will be fired in a year or so. They're also struggling mightily to get people to sign up for their LHN, while the SEC appears to be working on a conference network that will undoubtedly be very popular and available. Have a good year. :lol

Halberto
06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Obsessed.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Why are Aggie fans so concerned about a non-rival who their team won't play anymore or be in the same conference with tbh... kind of sad... I stopped giving two shits about the Vandals when we left the WAC tbh... Aggie fans are acting just like Vandal fans...

Thompson
06-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Threads on the 1st page in which Big 12 fans dig at A&M: 3

Threads on the 1st page in which A&M fan digs at Big 12: 1 (started last night)

Who's obsessed with whom? I know, facts aren't things y'all like to mess with. Go start a few more threads about A&M and how they're so obsessed with you.

DMX7
06-22-2012, 08:46 PM

LOL. You'll enjoy watching them get pounded by LSU, Florida, Alabama, etc. Getting raped and liking it -- that's the definition of being a bitch.

Thompson
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
LOL. You'll enjoy watching them get pounded by LSU, Florida, Alabama, etc. Getting raped and liking it -- that's the definition of being a bitch.

I'll get to watch games against great teams, and I'm actually optimistic about A&M's future; your team prefers a schedule full of cream puffs, and will probably lose some of those anyway. You guys are pansies, and you know it.

I don't know that it will be quite this lopsided, but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least two SEC teams in it every year. Big 12 teams would be lucky to make it in even if they run the table with their current schedule. Scheduling cowardice will not be rewarded.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
A&M will not be one of them SEC teams, B... enjoy looking up at Miss St, tbh... ducking Texas from now on is the epitome of scheduling cowardice...

shyne
06-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Those same cream puffs that rolled your asses last year, including an average Texas team quarterbacked by Cart mccry in your own building. The Big 12 got better losing aggy and adding teams that have been actually relevant in this decade.

Thompson
06-22-2012, 09:07 PM
A&M will not be one of them SEC teams, B... enjoy looking up at Miss St, tbh...

We'll see. Give it about 5 years to see which direction things are headed.

ducking Texas from now on is the epitome of scheduling cowardice...

You've got that backwards. A&M is completely open playing Texas; it's Texas that refuses to play A&M right now. Again, though, I understand that you find facts inconvenient.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
A&M left the conference because of the Longhorn Network tbh.... if it wasn't for your bitching, you'd still be playing TU every year, B...

ChumpDumper
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
lol creampuffs

Thompson
06-22-2012, 10:57 PM
A&M left the conference because of the Longhorn Network tbh.... if it wasn't for your bitching, you'd still be playing TU every year, B...

We knew before we left that Texas was threatening to end the series. We left anyway, effectively ending the series (though as I mentioned, we're willing to play them any time they're ready). So much for an 'obsession.'

Those same cream puffs that rolled your asses last year, including an average Texas team quarterbacked by Cart mccry in your own building. The Big 12 got better losing aggy and adding teams that have been actually relevant in this decade.

Yeah, as I mentioned, last year sucked. As far as the Texas game, I can't not mention the questionable call in your favor at the end of the game (a parting gift from the Big 12). One thing of note about last season, however; as everyone knows, we usually looked awesome in the first half, but choked in the second half 5-6 times. That included double-digit leads over OSU and a few others. I think conditioning was a big factor; apparently, the new A&M staff is really working on conditioning (including fewer practices in the indoor training facility, which might have left the players ill-prepared for actual game conditions). I'm optimistic about the coming year.

And you know the Big 12 (compared to the SEC) is a bunch of cream puffs. In how many posts have you and yours stated that A&M is going to get absolutely demolished in the SEC? Dozens or even hundreds of posts echo that refrain.

Aggie just went from 7 wins max every year to 5...

Every post warning of catastrophic consequences for the A&M move is a concession that (whether you want to explicitly acknowledge it or not) the SEC is a vastly superior conference. And you all know Texas wouldn't dare join it. They may stick with the Big 12 for a few years; if the LHN fails they'll flee to the Pac 12 - but they won't even consider the SEC.

shyne
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
We knew before we left that Texas was threatening to end the series. We left anyway, effectively ending the series (though as I mentioned, we're willing to play them any time they're ready). So much for an 'obsession.'

Yeah, as I mentioned, last year sucked. As far as the Texas game, I can't not mention the questionable call in your favor at the end of the game (a parting gift from the Big 12). One thing of note about last season, however; as everyone knows, we usually looked awesome in the first half, but choked in the second half 5-6 times. That included double-digit leads over OSU and a few others. I think conditioning was a big factor; apparently, the new A&M staff is really working on conditioning (including fewer practices in the indoor training facility, which might have left the players ill-prepared for actual game conditions). I'm optimistic about the coming year.

And you know the Big 12 (compared to the SEC) is a bunch of cream puffs. In how many posts have you and yours stated that A&M is going to get absolutely demolished in the SEC? Dozens or even hundreds of posts echo that refrain.

Every post warning of catastrophic consequences for the A&M move is a concession that (whether you want to explicitly acknowledge it or not) the SEC is a vastly superior conference. And you all know Texas wouldn't dare join it. They may stick with the Big 12 for a few years; if the LHN fails they'll flee to the Pac 12 - but they won't even consider the SEC.

And as I mentioned, I wasnt just talking about last year in regards to A&M. You guys havent been relevant since the birth of the Big 12 in 1998, which happened to be the last time you guys played in a conference championship game. You guys talk so much shit about the Big 12, but could never win in the conference even though you are one of the two flagship schools in a state that has the best high school football players in the country.

Who gives a fuck if your playing in the SEC, if your not winning? Deep down inside you guys know yall arent doing shit in the SEC, because you couldnt do it in the Big 12. Be excited about Sumlin and his new gimmick offense, but that shine will wear off to recruits after a couple of average seasons and A&M will be stuck in pergutory.

I never talked shit to Aggy fans before last year, but after the 5-7 season we had you guys came out like roaches talking so much shit because suppossedly yall were on the rise and we were struggling. But like true aggies you managed to fuck a good thing up and choke away every game in what could have been a special season. Good luck in the SEC, but we all know whats gonna happen.

Vito Corleone
06-23-2012, 06:03 PM

The funny thing about last year's aggsy team is that talent wise, it was your most talented team since the early 90's. And you still sucked.

The best aggsy team in 20 year lost to the 2nd worst Texas team in the last 14 years.

The SEC is a top heavy conf with a few great teams and then there is a big drop off. aggsy is joining the dropoff not the top heavy group. You are on the level of Miss State not LSU.

Failure breeds failure and you are going to see once again how much you lost and how little you have in talent coming back.

But I'm sure most of your optism is based on being able to live vicariously through LSU and Alabama. Warm up your vocal cords I sense a SEC chant coming on.

Blake
06-24-2012, 01:13 AM

A&M's Rival recruiting points are high right now because of the sheer number of verbals. Their average of 3.47 is currently the lowest of the top ten.

Check back in 6 months and A&M will be somewhere around #11-15.

Per the usual.

MajorMike
06-24-2012, 01:19 AM
You guys make so much sh!t up you end up believing it yourself.

atm saying they still want to play the game after they leave the conf and it is UT's fault they aren't playing is exactly like the B12 telling Miami in private we don't want them and Miami coming out and saying B12 isn't good enough for them after the fact.

#1 - happy you could save face
#2 - your made up version is just that: made up
#3 - B12 people are only jumping in making fun of atm aggrots after atmites start yapping (about some really stupid stuff, usually) because they think it is sweet being Bama/LSU's b!tch instead of UT/uo's b!tch and everyone in the world seems to be in on the joke but aggrots (which, again, is normal)
#4 - even if SEC has all 4 teams in the BCS, it is safe to say one will not be atm
#5 - have fun fighing the two inbred Mississip school to see who is last in your division

Bill_Brasky
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Holy fuck way to derail another thread with UT vs A&M bullshit.

Just fuck already you faggots.

Sisk
06-25-2012, 05:38 PM

This decade is not even 2 years old.

t.u. hasn't been relevant this decade

hth

Vito Corleone
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Texas has done more in the last 7 years than aggsy has in 120 years of football