PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder will not stand pat in the offseason

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Damn, the worst thing about that asshole lebron getting a ring now is that the Thunder will only get better in the offseason and make another move or two. This makes our offseason only the more important to do something drastic to get TD and Manu one more ring before they retire...so much pressure.

Duncan2177
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm glad Miami is going to win it. Fuck the thunder

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm glad Miami is going to win it. Fuck the thunder

Fuck both of them, really, but the Thunder are the lesser of two evils. This will be the first time I will boycott watching a team celebrate an NBA Title. I couldn't stomach watching that shit.

shingo_318
06-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Fuck the OKClowns.
LeBron deserves a ring.

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Make moves? They're only tradable assets are the reason they're contenders. They're over the cap and have to think about resigning those players. They're also not going to get back equal value.

lol at this thread.

Edit: a word

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Make moves? They're only tradable assists are the reason they're contenders. They're over the cap and have to think about resigning those players. They're also not going to get back equal value.

lol at this thread.

lol at this thread? Really? Fuck you, I expect OKC brass to not sit on their asses this offseason and will be a better team next season. There's no way they don't address things seeing as how they were dominated in the Finals vs. a crippled Bosh.

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Fuck the OKClowns.
LeBron deserves a ring.

That asshole doesn't deserve anything good. Fuck that piece of shit.

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
lol at this thread? Really? Fuck you, I expect OKC brass to not sit on their asses this offseason and will be a better team next season. There's no way they don't address things seeing as how they were dominated in the Finals vs. a crippled Bosh.

Ok kid. And yes, LOFL at your thread.

sananspursfan21
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Make moves? They're only tradable assists are the reason they're contenders. They're over the cap and have to think about resigning those players. They're also not going to get back equal value.

lol at this thread.

let me guess, autocorrect? Lol

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
That asshole doesn't deserve anything good. Fuck that piece of shit.

Did your mom eat paint chips when she was pregnant with you?

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
let me guess, autocorrect? Lol

Probably, considering I'm posting off my phone. But I just might not be able to spell. Who knows.

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Did your mom eat paint chips when she was pregnant with you?

What's with the insults, man? This thread was supposed to be about the possibility of the Thunder making moves now. You don't have to be a dick if you disagree.

sananspursfan21
06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Probably considering I'm posting off my phone.

Me too, happens all the thyme....time, i meant time

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:31 PM
What's with the insults, man? This thread was supposed to be about the possibility of the Thunder making moves now. You don't have to be a dick if you disagree.

Because you're a hostile little prick, that's why the insults.

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Because you're a hostile little prick, that's why the insults.

Hostile? You mocked my post where I was just raising concerns. I didn't start with the insults. Isn't constructive criticism possible in this board?

sananspursfan21
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Really im not concerned about the thunder getting any better by adding personnel. I havent checked to see if harden got an extension yet or not but going into the future, i dont see how okc can pay these guys too much and their depth not suffer. Westbrook, harden and durant are going to command too much money at some point right? Not to mention ibaka, and sefalosha's stocks gonna skyrocket. Maybe im wrong

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Hostile? You mocked my post where I was just raising concerns. I didn't start with the insults. Isn't constructive criticism possible in this board?

How is finding what you posted humorous "insulting" seriously? So on top of you being a hot headed hostile prick, you're a sentitive hot headed hostile prick?

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Really im not concerned about the thunder getting any better by adding personnel. I havent checked to see if harden got an extension yet or not but going into the future, i dont see how okc can pay these guys too much and their depth not suffer. Westbrook, harden and durant are going to command too much money at some point right? Not to mention ibaka, and sefalosha's stocks gonna skyrocket. Maybe im wrong

Thanks for the constructive feedback, that's all I was looking for here. Maybe in the long term, they'll be handcuffed but I have to believe they might try to go for it all next year and make at least one move that can put them over the top if we don't do anything drastic.

stxspurs
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Damn, the worst thing about that asshole lebron getting a ring now is that the Thunder will only get better in the offseason and make another move or two. This makes our offseason only the more important to do something drastic to get TD and Manu one more ring before they retire...so much pressure.

REALLY??? in the finals.....seriously doubt it

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:46 PM
How is finding what you posted "insulting" seriously? So on top of you being a hot headed hostile prick, you're a sentitive hot headed hostile prick?

So, making jokes about my mother, insulting my intelligence, and YOU are the one calling me hostile? Where did I insult you without you having insulted me first?

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
REALLY??? in the finals.....seriously doubt it

Yeah but the Heat looked like they were playing an NCAA team in this series.

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:51 PM
So, making jokes about my mother, insulting my intelligence, and YOU are the one calling me hostile? Where did I insult you without you having insulted me first?

Maybe don't say "fuck you" and you won't come off that way. Just a heads up kid.

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Maybe don't say "fuck you" and you won't come off that way. Just a heads up kid.

I'm probably older than you are but I don't expect you or anyone to guess a person's age online. Any ways, I was responding to you mocking my initial post, which you won't admit to, instead of giving me constructive feedback, you just belittled it. I guess I have to expect that kinda attitude here.

sananspursfan21
Thanks for the constructive feedback, that's all I was looking for here. Maybe in the long term, they'll be handcuffed but I have to believe they might try to go for it all next year and make at least one move that can put them over the top if we don't do anything drastic.

Yea, ill think theyll get better by aging, i think theyll make some lateral moves but i cant wait for the day when they gotta shed because everybodys commanding 10-20 mil

Buddy Holly
Yeah but the Heat looked like they were playing an NCAA team in this series.

The thing is, the Thunder can't just go out and make thier team better because they what, have Sam Presti? They're not LA. OKC isn't a prime time market. They're not going to attract free agents. They wouldn't have any money to sign them anyways. They also don't have the trading chips to get better without trading their core. But like I said before, they won't get equal value back.

Buddy Holly
06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm probably older than you are but I don't expect you or anyone to guess a person's age online. Any ways, I was responding to you mocking my initial post, which you won't admit to, instead of giving me constructive feedback, you just belittled it. I guess I have to expect that kinda attitude here.

I posted the exact same thing the poster you thanked did. I added a LOL and you went all asshole. If me saying LOL st the concept of this thread makes you butt hurt, well, tough titties.

baseline bum
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM
OKC should stand pat, other than maybe adding a vet to the bench. They have a title team sabotaged by a one horrible series from Harden, but they'll be raising a banner within the next 3 years or so, max.

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
OKC should stand pat, other than maybe adding a vet to the bench. They have a title team sabotaged by a one horrible series from Harden, but they'll be raising a banner within the next 3 years or so, max.

The thing is, that one vet they'd add to the bench may wind up giving them the better team than we'll have next year. For the Heat, that one vet turned out to be Battier and it made a HUGE difference for them. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Thunder can get a guy like Battier that would love to play for the Thunder on the cheap.

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
:lol at Buddy calling SpurPadre "kid"

weebo
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
There really isn't much else they have to do. Harden sucked something bad that's why they lost the series. Also, they don't have anyone who can match up with Lebron one on one, but who does? In all honesty, the Spurs don't have much of a chance of winning another title unless they have someone like a Durant or James, a go to guy who can get you buckets when you need them most.

BackHome
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Who really gives a shit?

SpurPadre
06-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Who really gives a shit?

The Spurs should give a shit, that is, if they want to make another Finals appearance before TD and Manu hang them up.

SamoanTD
06-22-2012, 12:06 AM
OKC will not make any big moves I know this sounds crazy but I really don't think they will make it back to the finals next year. Based on completely nothing but idgaf.

06-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Just by standing pat, the thunder will automatically get better than the spurs. The thunder core can only improve while the spurs core has been declining.

sehui
06-22-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm siding with Buddy Holly on this one,

OKC won't be able to make any moves that will improve them. All their core players are way underpaid for the value they give, and they are over the cap.

If they were to trade any of their core assets, they'd lose get lower value in return.

Ditty
06-22-2012, 01:09 AM
The whole team minus Fisher,and Nazr will probably be back next year with Maynor returning from injury. They need a low post scorer, but I can't see them giving anyone more then a one year deal, as they will need all the money to try to resign both Ibaka, and Harden next summer.

ViceCity86
06-22-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't see Thunder making major moves.No one wants to play in OKC.I see the Heat getting better,because of south beach,Riley is a pimp and can prostitute any player and convinced them to take less money.Plus players will like to play with Lebron.

Thunder best move will likely be the return of healthy Maynor.They need to develop some of their younger players like Hayward,Jackson,Aldrich.

They are over the cap.Most they can offer is LLE,unless they amnesty Perkins,which I don't think they will until 2013 off season to help resign Harden and Ibaka.

OKC Thunder salaries
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/thunder.jsp

T Park
06-22-2012, 02:10 AM
No Fisher, No Mohammed.

Aldrich steps in for Mohammed, Maynor for Fisher.

They may try and go get someone.

I wouldn't be 100% shocked if they amnestyed Perkins. That IMO, would be the right thing to do and would keep them Harden and Ibaka.

Also firing Brooks and hiring a decent coach would be loads difference.

That being said Brooks was outgunned this series, when Lebron "Figured it out" it was a forgone conclusion that he was going to win a ring. That said, I think the Miami situation is perilous. Miller is retiring due to his body telling him fuck you, Battier may stick around, he may no who knows. Wade's body is a ticking time bomb as is Bosh's.

Outside of Miami, OKC, I mean, is there really a team to "gun for" other than OKC?

Which is why IMO the door for the Spurs is open a very very slight crack. if they can get the youngsters to make strides and offseason additions plug some holes, theres a great chance they can hoist again.

spurspokesman
06-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Make moves? They're only tradable assets are the reason they're contenders. They're over the cap and have to think about resigning those players. They're also not going to get back equal value.

lol at this thread.

Edit: a word

This. Just explained this to a friend who said okc will get better. My reply"with what money". :lol

T Park
06-22-2012, 02:17 AM
The only way they can keep Harden and Ibaka is two ways,

one of the players takes significantly less money than their market value
or, they clear capspace.

As I said previously, amnestying Perkins IMO would fix more than 1 problem.

ViceCity86
06-22-2012, 02:28 AM
The only way they can keep Harden and Ibaka is two ways,

one of the players takes significantly less money than their market value
or, they clear capspace.

As I said previously, amnestying Perkins IMO would fix more than 1 problem.

They will use their amnesty on Perkins.
A.He sucks and is way overpaid.The days of defending great big men are over.
B.They need money and cap relief to sign Harden and Ibaka.I think Ibaka is overrated.I would try to trade him while his stock is high.

T Park
06-22-2012, 02:45 AM
The one thing that makes me think they wont is this.

If Brooks stays around its cause Presti is a fan. Brooks as evidenced by the Finals, is a GIANT Perkins man. if Brooks is one would be led to believe that Presti is as well.
I would be shocked if Brooks is let go, but IMO, the two things that would make them champions immediately next year, better coach, amnesty Perkins.

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2012, 03:43 AM
They'd be wise to shop around Harden since his contract is coming up and he's due for a huge pay raise.

A deal like Harden to the Bobcats for their 1st rounder and a future 1st rounder would benefit both sides.

Outside of that, I really don't see them doing much more with exception to adding a veteran(s).

dbestpro
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Harden will get moved if they can get a top 5 pick.

CGD
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
They have some very serious financial limitations in the coming years with decision on Harden and Ibaka. That pre-CBA, max deal for Westbrook may bite them in the ass later. I don't see OKC tying up more money.

Plus they are an EXCELLENT team as constructed now. I dont see the need to add any pieces. Durant and Westbrook will continue to grow, and that the best thing for the team. Durant must focus on becoming a better defender (probably adding some weight too) because Lebron exposed him on that end.

Leetonidas
06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
:lol spurpadre
:lol massively butthurt

weebo
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Harden will get moved if they can get a top 5 pick.

Who would want to give away a top 5 pick for a guy who's go to move is getting bailed out by the refs? You saw what happened in the Finals, and hell he even complained about it in the Spurs series after game one.

K-State Spur
06-22-2012, 10:03 AM
If by make moves, you mean lose some players - sure.

Somebody is going to offer Harden max $, and I doubt Presti matches it. SP knows that you don't build teams by paying role guys elite money. Good for making yourself long term contenders, not good for coming back next year stronger than this.

OKC's improvement will depend on Durant/Westbrook playing better together and continuing to develop (as if they needed much more 'development'). I don't see them improving the overall roster, if anything they lose a couple guys.

therealtruth
06-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Harden probably hurt his value with that egg he laid in the Finals.