PDA

View Full Version : 8 Reasons OKC Thunder Has Better Shot at Multiple Titles Than Miami Heat

Venti Quattro
06-22-2012, 06:16 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1226769-8-reasons-okc-thunder-has-better-shot-at-multiple-titles-than-miami-heat

:lmao Bleacher Report

racm
06-22-2012, 06:22 AM
They should move Porkins for a real PG tbh, move Westbrook to full time SG (though a Kobe-like SG in that he also serves as ball-handler) and Durant to PF

Starting lineup: PG/Westbrook/Sefolosha/Durant/Ibaka

In fact Andre Miller as starting PG would be a good idea, guy wants to be a starter on a contender

JoeTait75
06-22-2012, 07:53 AM
TBH this might have been their best shot at a ring. Everyone thought the Magic would be back a bunch of times after 1995 and they never got back. You never know how big that window is really going to be.

scanry
06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
TBH this might have been their best shot at a ring. Everyone thought the Magic would be back a bunch of times after 1995 and they never got back. You never know how big that window is really going to be.

You may be right and people thought the Magic (2009) might have a free ride to the finals for the next 2 - 3 years and we all saw how that turned out. And jump shooting teams will never stay in contention for a long period of time.

KaiRMD1
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
We'll see if they change up the roster. A lot of people thought Westbrook may be done being a dumbass but he proved everyone wrong. I don't know if OKC is gonna regress that bad but it's possible.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Avante probably wrote that tbh....

Latarian Milton
06-22-2012, 08:01 PM
it'd be a commercial disaster if OKC dominate the league for multiple years, durant is stern's new loveboy but the OKC ain't, he's making him the new trademark of league and once he's done doing so, nigga's leaving for some big market like dallas, LA etc...

crc21209
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
:lol Not with Westbrook acting like he's the star player, no post presence, and with Harden dissapearing in the Finals like Matt Bonner does in the Playoffs...

racm
06-22-2012, 08:46 PM
:lol Not with Westbrook acting like he's the star player, no post presence, and with Harden dissapearing in the Finals like Matt Bonner does in the Playoffs...

Teams that won the title in the past 13 years:

1999: Two post guys (Duncan+Robinson)
2000: Shaq
2001: Same
2002: See 2001
2003: Duncan (Robinson was a supporting guy by this point)
2004: Ben Wallace, but this was an outlier Finals anyway
2005: Duncan
2006: Shaq
2007: Duncan
2008: KG
2009: Gasol
2010: same
2011: Dirk
2012: Miami started to dominate the series when LeBron started playing point-power forward.

OKC won't win Jack until they either turn Ibaka into a reliable offensive option or Durant bulks up and plays PF.

Spurs da champs
06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Eric Maynor's season ending injury was a big blow to them.

baseline bum
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1226769-8-reasons-okc-thunder-has-better-shot-at-multiple-titles-than-miami-heat

:lmao Bleacher Report

Best $200 million anyone ever spent. :tu

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
OKC ain't winning any rings... this was their one shot tbh.... Spurs and Clips got the West from now on...

racm
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
OKC ain't winning any rings... this was their one shot tbh.... Spurs and Clips got the West from now on...

Tbh if you tank to make sure you face OKC in the WCSF instead of the Spurs you have a good chance for WCF

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Truth... I fear them Spurs a lot more than the overrated Thunder tbh...

Venti Quattro
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Best $200 million anyone ever spent. :tu

:lmao :lmao Bleacher Report being worth $200 million

Jt.ONE
06-22-2012, 11:11 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/11/2012/06/shutterstock_24049990.jpg

Sean Cagney
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM

Charles after 06 WCF said the Suns will get a ring with this team guaranteed! Amare was out and they take Dallas 6 games and played their hearts out! It seemed so true they would ring with that team soon! BOOM NEVER MADE IT afterwards! PERIOD. Nothing is a given, you make it once then? Dolphins in 84 with the best O in the league and Marino setting all records! They lost in the superbowl! NO biggie he will get back to that there with the recievers he had and so on! NEVER again....... PERIOD. You might only get one shot.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.mitaxpayers.org/images/money-toilet.jpg

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Reasons why the Heat will likely win more titles

Lebron NOW knows he can lead a team to a :lobt:
Wade still has a few elite years left to be his sidekick...
Pat Riley is running the team...

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 12:26 AM
You may be right and people thought the Magic (2009) might have a free ride to the finals for the next 2 - 3 years and we all saw how that turned out. And jump shooting teams will never stay in contention for a long period of time.

And i gotta say this series to me showed that Durant is overrated as far as his overall game.. He is an amazing scorer and very clutch but he needs to get stronger, become a better rebounder and better passer.. His D is decent but needs improvement as well.. I was guilty of over-rating him.. He is great but needs to get more well rounded.. Duncan at 23 was far more complete than Durant..

scanry
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM
And i gotta say this series to me showed that Durant is overrated as far as his overall game.. He is an amazing scorer and very clutch but he needs to get stronger, become a better rebounder and better passer.. His D is decent but needs improvement as well.. I was guilty of over-rating him.. He is great but needs to get more well rounded.. Duncan at 23 was far more complete than Durant..

Duncan at 23 was the best offensive and defensive player in their post season run.

I think you need a superstar bodying Durant up (ala Lebron) to slow him down and take him off his comfort zone. Stephen Jackson, TOSB Kobe & Artest will not get the calls and he will parade his way to the freethrow line.

Latarian Milton
06-23-2012, 02:30 AM
^ or you need a marion to slow him abit, nobody could shut him down completely and only if you don't allow him to drop 30pts+ like a beast every night, you're playing some good defense on him

racm
06-23-2012, 04:57 AM

Duncan at 23 had a ring and a Finals MVP award already. Of course, it's Tim Duncan, a first ballot hall of famer.

Durant is still pretty one dimensional, like young Dirk.

^ or you need a marion to slow him abit, nobody could shut him down completely and only if you don't allow him to drop 30pts+ like a beast every night, you're playing some good defense on him

Truth

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Duncan at 23 had a ring and a Finals MVP award already. Of course, it's Tim Duncan, a first ballot hall of famer.

People just love to over-rate some players while underrating others. A lot of it was always where Duncan played and his quiet personality but over his career he was basically the perfect player.

Offense
Defense
Rebounding
Passing
Leadership

Duncan had it all.. The only thing he didn't do great was shoot FT's and he wasn't horrible at it, just under 70% for his career with several seasons well over 70%.. The media just loves to make super-stars out of players maybe before they are ready.. ESPN First take had Durants Mom on and were asking her "if he could be better than Jordan one day"? :lol I mean really... Never heard that kinda talk about Duncan even though if you did a poll of GM's most if not all would take Duncan at 23 over Durant at 23.. At least if you want to win that :lobt:

dunkman
06-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Teams that won the title in the past 13 years:

1999: Two post guys (Duncan+Robinson)
2000: Shaq
2001: Same
2002: See 2001
2003: Duncan (Robinson was a supporting guy by this point)
2004: Ben Wallace, but this was an outlier Finals anyway
2005: Duncan
2006: Shaq
2007: Duncan
2008: KG
2009: Gasol
2010: same
2011: Dirk
2012: Miami started to dominate the series when LeBron started playing point-power forward.

OKC won't win Jack until they either turn Ibaka into a reliable offensive option or Durant bulks up and plays PF.

In 2006, Dallas exposed Shaq on defense, he had to benched often. The Heat was better with 'Zo at center. And they won that title because Wade played like MJ in the finals.

2008 Celtics were more about Pierce than about KG. KG lost a step that season tbh.

The Heat started dominating when Bosh returned. They had trouble vs the Pacers and definitely wouldn't have passed the ECF's. Bosh is a better player than what is given credit for. And of course LeBron also carried that team all the way to the championship.

SpursDynasty
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
OKC is not winning anything. Just look at Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. A bunch of dummies is what they are.

Smart teams win championships.

TampaDude
06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
OKC is not winning anything. Just look at Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. A bunch of dummies is what they are.

Smart teams win championships.

Yup...as has been said before, the Heat were just out there shooting some shots...just beating an overrated Thunder team that they were supposed to beat...no surprises there. :toast

da_suns_fan
06-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Is bleacher report as bad as hoopsworld?

It seems every single one of their "lists" is written by someone who just started watching the NBA and spent one hour writing the list without an editor.