PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Miami Heat offseason suggestions

TIMMYtoZO
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
After winning a championship, Miami doesn't need to do any significant moves. They do need to get an upgrade at the center spot. They need to trade/waive Mike Miller because his back isn't going to get better. I hope Terrel Harris can be a quality backup sg.

What do you think Miami needs to do?

Venti Quattro
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Dump Shittman

Ace
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Turn Mike Miller into a center either by trade or amnesty. Otherwise the back court is fine and Miami's main goal should be front court depth. Battier, Jones, Harris, Chalmers and Cole are all solid.

Ace
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Although it's not likely now, coaching change would be nice.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Trade LeBron to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe tbh...

TE
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Get rid of Mike Miller, sign Ray Allen or Steve Nash. Pick up a player like Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby.

baseline bum
06-22-2012, 02:04 PM

True, but only a superstar could oust a coach after a title, and furthermore, that superstar needs to have caught the bug from unprotected buttsex. Just not seeing it happen there tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Y'all can have Vinny...

Bill_Brasky
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Get that starting C and you will win many more....

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
This offseason has some decent centers that would work out just fine for Miami. Robin Lopez, Jordan Hill, Aaron Gray, Lavoy Allen should all be acceptable pieces for cheap.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Both Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers are good (Chalmers great) defenders at the PG position. They're both also tough guys who aren't scared of playing on a team with the spotlight and with players who put pressure on them. They're both also young and have room to grow. Why anyone thinks Miami should waste resources upgrading their PG position with someone like Steve Nash who might struggle to know his role and fuck up Miami's elite perimeter defense is pretty fuckin stupid. They are FINE at PG as long as they have Wade and Lebron.

First off, I'd say trade him, but they need to amnesty Mike Miller since no one is gonna trade for him. That should be their first move.

Next, use their late 1st rounder on Doron Lamb. Fab Melo might be a good value pick but he's a project player who might struggle on a team where he's expected to help them win ASAP. Doron Lamb gives them a backup SG who's an immediate contributor as a clutch, knock down shooter who just won a national championship. He's used to playing off ball and finding his spots to get open.

Even if they amnesty Miller, they still have Udonis Haslem and Joel Anthony as role players signed through 2015, so they should be cautious about overpaying another role player in free agency. They shouldn't give out a deal for more than 2 years which works with Camby. I'd say 2 years, $8,000,000 for Camby and give Nazr Mohammed a minimum deal as a backup emergency big body.

Camby/Anthony/Mohammed
Bosh/Haslem/James
James/Battier/Jones
Wade/Lamb/Jones
Chalmers/Cole

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED

Budkin
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Nash.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
:lol the retards who think Nash would be a good fit on a team that expects all of its players to play defense and focus on winning above all else

ducks
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
nash to pacers before heat

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Nash is resigning with the Suns before he goes to the Heat. The Suns are gonna offer him grossly more money than any other team and Nash loves being able to dick around for 48 minutes knowing there's no pressure or expectation to win.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2012, 04:41 PM
My sources that are close to associates of Colangelo(these are legit sources tbh) claim that Nash has narrowed his list of preferred destinations down to the Suns, Blazers and Raptors..bump this thread if he goes anywhere else, tbh..

As for the Heat..amnesty Miller, sign Ray Allen, sign Camby and draft another small forward..

Strategically, rest Lebron more during the regular season, and implement Bosh as the 2nd option IMO..Bosh needs more touches next year..

mercos
06-22-2012, 05:10 PM
A defensive minded big wouldn't hurt. Hibbert gave them a little trouble in the second round, and Dwight Howard could end up on a better team and pose a bigger threat. Their current frontcourt is not equipped to handle dominant bigs. Everything else looks pretty good. If Chalmers, Battier, and Cole can play at this level consistently, they will be a tough team to beat for years to come.

Banzai
06-22-2012, 06:31 PM
mJgFU3U4X_Y bitches...

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
My sources that are close to associates of Colangelo(these are legit sources tbh) claim that Nash has narrowed his list of preferred destinations down to the Suns, Blazers and Raptors..bump this thread if he goes anywhere else, tbh..

As for the Heat..amnesty Miller, sign Ray Allen, sign Camby and draft another small forward..

Strategically, rest Lebron more during the regular season, and implement Bosh as the 2nd option IMO..Bosh needs more touches next year..
I think Ray Allen would be a good fit for them if they had a competent offensive coach who could utilize the way Allen moves without the ball on offense. I don't see Spoelstra having remotely any idea how to utilize Allen any more than he does Chalmers/Battier as spot up shooters. He'd be productive but they could get a player to do the same for less.

I also think they can find ways to rest Lebron more if they get a backup SG like Doron Lamb. The lack of rest for Lebron is also the fault of coaching more than it is anything else. If Spoelstra had an offense that scored in ways other than hero ball from Lebron/Wade, he wouldn't need Bron playing 40+ minutes per during the regular season. The Heat get almost no points off well run sets/good ball movement/etc. It's truly remarkable how a team that relied so much on isolation offense won a championship.

I do agree Bosh should be the 2nd option though. With Chalmers/Cole having less pressure and being more comfortable after going the distance, utilize Bosh in pick and rolls with them as a way to create offense without running Bron/Wade into the ground.

Ace
06-22-2012, 06:54 PM
:lol Nash

No fucking way he ends up on the HeatPERIOD

Mr Bones
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I think the main thing they can use is defensive length at the PF and C positions, and it definitely doesn't need to be a star or any kind of big name or anyone who can demand a lot of money. They don't have much money to spend. A Jason Thompson, Ekpe Udoh, or Kwame Brown would help... I imagine even Oleksiy Pecherov or Hasheem Thabeet would help..... They don't need someone to light the world on fire. All they need is someone who can do a little more than Joel Anthony, who averaged 3.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 1.3 bpg in 21 mpg. If they get a center who just gives them 6 pts and 6 rebounds a game, they've got it made.

crc21209
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
They just need maybe 1 more shooter now that Miller may be retiring, and 1 more big man, and they should be set.

Latarian Milton
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
if there're moves that can make us even better then we already are, the first gotta be getting rid of philibeaner tbh

crc21209
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM

:lol Suns, Blazers, and Raptors. The guy must REALLY not wanna ring before he retires...

racm
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
:lol Suns, Blazers, and Raptors. The guy must REALLY not wanna ring before he retires...

:lol Suns - Sarver is a crap owner
:lol Blazers - their medical staff is the Suns' polar opposite, so his knees would explode there
:lol Raptors - wanting to play in his native Canada eh

tbh a defensive C like Camby would mean 66 wins. But that's only if they don't encounter OKC over and over again in the Finals.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
:lol Nash's back and knees would crumble into dust on the sidelines in a hot second if he ever went to Portland, tbh...

DAF86
06-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Garnett would be such an awesome fit for the Heat. Heat probably don't have enough money/cap space to get him though. How much can they offer?

LkrFan
06-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Dump Shittman

:rollin

Venti Quattro
06-23-2012, 07:17 AM
:lol Nash

No fucking way he ends up on the HeatPERIOD

Chalmers and Cole are gangsta; there is no way in this world that Miami would get better by adding Nash.

rayjayjohnson
06-23-2012, 07:28 AM
surely they'd cop tons of slack if they amnestied Miller after G5?

Latarian Milton
06-23-2012, 08:19 AM
camby would be just a short term measure for us even if he ended up joining us, he ain't serving us on a decade-long dynasty which we're built for. so when he calls time to his carrer we're in search for a replacement and are probably ending up overpaying a shitty player.

rayjayjohnson
06-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Garnett would be such an awesome fit for the Heat. Heat probably don't have enough money/cap space to get him though. How much can they offer?

If garnett signs with the heat it's more proof he's a massive studio gangster.

Hypothetically, if he did sign, does Bof move back to PF and Garnett plays C?

Ace
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
surely they'd cop tons of slack if they amnestied Miller after G5?

He already stated he was considering retirement after the season.

DAF86
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
If garnett signs with the heat it's more proof he's a massive studio gangster.

Hypothetically, if he did sign, does Bof move back to PF and Garnett plays C?

Chalmers, Wade, Bron, Bosh, Garnett.

They would allow no more than 70 ppg.

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Chalmers, Wade, Bron, Bosh, Garnett.

They would allow no more than 70 ppg.

what kind of stupid fucking world do you live in..Garnett genuinely doesn't like then cats...what part of that does your dumb ass not understand...he didn't even stay around to congratulate them on their Victory...

man some people are just fucking mind numbingly stupid :wow

DAF86
06-23-2012, 03:54 PM
So much butthurtdness :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
So much butthurtdness :lol

actually so much stupidity :toast

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:09 PM
this is what you call true deference and respect...I don't know too many niggas in fact I don't know any niggas (even his own teammates) that KG would allow to grab his head (no pun intended) like that...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/0013729e4a600abe857d3e.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Besides we already got first dibs on KG...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/GarnettLakers.jpg

DAF86
06-23-2012, 04:13 PM
actually so much stupidity :toast

Yeah, that too. :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, that too. :lol

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/photo.jpg[/IMG (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/photo.jpg%5b/IMG)]

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
lemme try dat again :

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/13250.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm gonna go with an investment in some condoms

Koolaid_Man
here's why

Koolaid_Man
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/imagesCAXIMK81.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/imagesCAZN66H6.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/imagesCAPJ9LDI.jpg

TIMMYtoZO
06-23-2012, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't mind KG, but I highly doubt he joins the Heat. I don't want Nash here at all. Jason Thompson would be a nice choice, but he is a rfa.

m>s
06-23-2012, 08:52 PM

money ain't a matter here imho nigga ain't caring much about it when he already has a row of zeros next to his name. if he wants to retire w/ more than just one ring, he should join some real contender and then he'd probably win some more regardless of the pay.

KG still has alot to provided even at this age but i don't think he's quite a good fit for miami who're searching for a young big to complete the core of a decade-long dynasty. KG would be more then glad to join them heat and even if he accepts vet min, he'd be no greater role then a coattail rider, at least people would think he is.

racm
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Nash not a good fit for a team with so many ball handlers tbh

Chalmers is good, Wade can play PG and LeBron is a point forward

Latarian Milton
06-23-2012, 11:14 PM
KG would be a nice addition to our squad but im afraid he's ego is too high to accept a vet min & join us. it ain't just about money for him, he's playing for fun despite how much is paid but he ain't ever accepting a minimum contract due to his ego, a vet min would feel just like an insult to him imho