PDA

View Full Version : Bet offer for anybody

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
I have seen countless people on this forum (like that Nash cockslurper lurker) say that there's no way Nash resigns in Phoenix and he's for sure gonna take a pay cut to go to a winning team and win a championship. For all of those people who are so sure that Nash is gonna accept less money and a lesser role to go to a winning team, time to put your money where your mouth is.

I'll bet as much money as you want (within reason of course) that Nash signs with a team that DID NOT make the playoffs this last year, which includes the Suns. You win the bet if he signs with any team (Knicks, Mavs, Heat etc.) that DID make the playoffs this year.

For all the people who are sure Nash loves winning and wants a championship and is gonna pursue one with his contract up, this should be a no brainer bet. I win if he signs with any of the 14 lottery teams, you win if he signs with any of the 16 playoff teams. Straight up, no odds. Name your amount. This should be the easiest money ever given how some people are positive Nash is a winner who is gonna take a pay cut and smaller role to play on a contender.

mavs>spurs
06-22-2012, 06:17 PM
you're screwing yourself because he could still go to a playoff team and not care about winning. like for instance, if he were to come to dallas it would just be for fun and to play with dirk, NOT to win a championship as there would be ZERO chance.

DPG21920
06-22-2012, 06:17 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 06:19 PM
you're screwing yourself because he could still go to a playoff team and not care about winning. like for instance, if he were to come to dallas it would just be for fun and to play with dirk, NOT to win a championship as there would be ZERO chance.
Then come at me bro and make the bet :lol

DPG21920
06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Is that amount kosher?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Within reason DPG :lol

If Kori/timvp would be down I'd be willing to let them moderate the bet till Nash made a decision and signed.

Doesn't matter since I fully expect all the people on this forum who have repeatedly said Nash wants to win and will sign with a contender to puss out and not do the bet, even though it should be an easy bet for them since they know Steve Nash's priorities so well.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Lurker is one of the shittiest posters on ST, tbh..

DPG21920
06-22-2012, 06:28 PM
:sad

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
couldn't agree more

DPG21920
06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Jk, no way I bet any money on Nash :lol

baseline bum
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
LOL Nash in Toronto like Harlem was suggesting; that would be awesome.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
:lol There aren't many athletes that instill a cult-like following from neutral fans the way Nash does, tbh..

I trolled RealGm with "Nash doesn't care about winning" comments, and it triggered meltdowns, tbh:lol..

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 07:29 PM
It's annoying that when I say, "Nash doesn't care about winning" or something of that nature all people respond with is, "You're just trolling and saying that to piss people off!" As much trolling as I do, I'm not trolling when I say that (hence I back it up with undisputable facts and decisions Nash has made).

I'm still waiting for one of the many people on this board who are confident Nash is going to a contender to show up in this thread and bet me. It should be easy money for them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Here are a few examples:

The remnants remained with Steve Nash.. And you are delusional if you think he is staying after this season.

Nash is either taking his talents to the South Beach or going to another contender.

Loyalty counts only for so much.

He's leaving, you can tell by how his responses to being asked what happens after this season have changed these past few months.

jag
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I've always thought of Nash as being ultra-competitive, especially during the old rivalry days. Not really sure what the hell he's doing still playing if it's not for a shot at a title.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I've always thought of Nash as being ultra-competitive, especially during the old rivalry days. Not really sure what the hell he's doing still playing if it's not for a shot at a title.
Hmmm, I remember you always agreeing with me about Nash.

to answer your question though, he's still playing because the Suns are paying him 8 figures to play basketball and care more about having fun than winning. It'd be stupid for him to retire as long as the Suns are still willing to pay him to lose.

Latarian Milton
06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
nash is signing with dem lakers for min and im sorry bro you're bout to lose alot of $, but shit doesn't mean too much for you does it? you have a mount of $ and you can just blow it for fun imho

MarioSpeedwagon
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
It's annoying that when I say, "Nash doesn't care about winning" or something of that nature all people respond with is, "You're just trolling and saying that to piss people off!" As much trolling as I do, I'm not trolling when I say that (hence I back it up with undisputable facts and decisions Nash has made).

I'm still waiting for one of the many people on this board who are confident Nash is going to a contender to show up in this thread and bet me. It should be easy money for them.

Its weird because I do believe he cares about winning, I mean I don't think he was faking it when he was crying like a baby when they lost to LA a few years ago. I'll bet he still won't go to a contender and be a role player though tbh. I don't really understand the guy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
So you think he cares about winning but think he's gonna make a decision someone who doesn't care about winning would make? Makes tons of sense :lol

Latarian Milton
06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
he ain't caring much bout $ when he already has tons of it, he'll probably join a playoff team which is not that much of a contender but still get numerous cameras (e.g. the lakers). dude will try his best to stay within our sight, he's such an attention whore tbh

mavs>spurs
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
he ain't caring much bout $ when he already has tons of it, he'll probably join a playoff team which is not that much of a contender but still get numerous cameras (e.g. the lakers). dude will try his best to stay within our sight, he's such an attention whore tbh

rogue nailed it

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

He's loyal to a fault tbh... I just know he's gonna be suckered into staying on that crap ass team for the rest of his career....

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 09:00 PM
:lol loyal to a fault

Nash wouldn't piss on me or any other Phoenix fan if we were dying in a fire. He doesn't give two shits about Phoenix and Phoenix fans. He's not "getting suckered" into anything. He enjoys playing on a shitty team where he has no pressure to win and additionally will get paid more in Phoenix than anywhere else.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM

rogue nailed it

Then bet me if you're so confident of that happening and really think he doesn't care about money. Your words mean nothing if you're not willing to back them up. You subconsciously know I'm right about Nash caring about money which is why you won't take the bet.

In 2009, Nash resigned with the Suns after Kerr offered him a deal he wouldn't have gotten in the open market. In 2004, Nash left Dallas for Phoenix because the Suns were offering him more than any other team (at the time people considered it a stupid contract). Nash has always made free agency decisions based off what is most lucrative. There's no reason to think that's suddenly gonna change.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Nah B... you're making him sound like Dwight... dude's just scared of getting a LeBron-like backlash if he goes to the Heat tbh, even though everyone wants him to leave and get a ring...

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Nah B... you're making him sound like Dwight... dude's just scared of getting a LeBron-like backlash if he goes to the Heat tbh, even though everyone wants him to leave and get a ring...
You have no logical reason or evidence to back that assertion up. Why would Nash be scared of getting a Lebron like backlash if everyone wants him to get a ring? That's illogical and stupid...."He's scared of something he knows isn't gonna happen!"

How am I making him sound like Dwight? Dwight leaving Orlando has nothing to do with financial reasons....the only reason he wants to leave Orlando is because he wants to win and knows that won't happen in Orlando. Dwight will get a max contract wherever he goes, Nash won't get close to as much money anywhere else as he will in Phoenix, it's not like he's staying in Phoenix due to :cryloyalty:cry.

I'm expecting evidence/proof of your assertion that Nash is "scared of a Lebron-like backlash," since you said it as if there's reason to think it.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
But you don't have proof of him not caring about winning, B...

Dwight gave away all his leverage and stayed in Orlando for the rest of the year because they gave him CANDY tbh....

HarlemWelch37
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM

couldn't agree more

Get a room :lol..

Nathan89
06-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't see him joining the Heat after they just won a ring. If I were him I would ideally try to join a team that needed me to put them over the top. Lakers would be that team but I would have to think about it because they can't offer much money.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM
But you don't have proof of him not caring about winning, B....
:lol how bout the fact he's content with staying on a team knowing it'll punt away any chance he has at a championship? Or the fact he's publicly said he doesn't care about winning a championship. It's obvious at this point Nash doesn't care about winning. There's mounds of evidence supporting it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2012, 11:50 PM
2nd page of this thread with several people sticking up for Nash and trying to tell me he does care about winning yet no one has wanted to stake their money on Nash's alleged desire to win.

Go figure.

Latarian Milton
06-23-2012, 02:27 AM
its ridiculous logic to think steve nash could still get a lucrative contract at this age. the most he could possible get now is a mid level and i don't think that makes quite a difference than a vet min when he already has a series of zeros next to his name. he's playin it for fun rather than anything else imho. lakers got no legit shot @ the title but they're still quite a power in the west, LA is a good choice for nash because he'd play with kobe and come back to the center of media's attentions while having a good share of playing time

jag
06-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Hmmm, I remember you always agreeing with me about Nash.

to answer your question though, he's still playing because the Suns are paying him 8 figures to play basketball and care more about having fun than winning. It'd be stupid for him to retire as long as the Suns are still willing to pay him to lose.

Yeah, I don't really disagree with you. My question was something I genuinely wonder about. I figure he just enjoys the game and doesn't really concern himself with a title anymore. Which would pies me off as a fan because he isn't the "star" who will put pressure on the front office to make moves geared towards title contention.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-23-2012, 10:57 AM
its ridiculous logic to think steve nash could still get a lucrative contract at this age.
I'm expecting a 3 year, $24,000,000 offer from the Suns. Nash said he wants to play for 3 more years, and it's obvious that what Steve Nash wants the Suns are willing to give. He'll bend Lon Babby over with contract negotiations like he bent Kerr over 3 years ago.

DMC
06-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Jag is right that Nash was always a competitor in the game, but in his career he's chosen comfort and money over a shot at a title. That's giving him credit for realizing the Mike D system doesn't work. If he didn't realize that, all bets are off because he's a fucking retard (and I think he's one of the more intelligent people in the league tbh).

Nash stays in Phoenix I think. He's carved out his niche there and the fans adore him. Were he to go off to LA or somewhere else, he would be scrutinized and he wouldn't enjoy it much.

I don't think anyone in the league who has a good situation now wants to play with Kobe for 10 seconds.

DPG21920
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
If, and it's a massive if, Nash is going to go somewhere other than PHX and take less money the only spot I can see is NY. He loves NY, they are in a weaker conference and have enough talent to where they could be a decent playoff team with Nash there.

But it's so far fetched due to the money issue I can't really envision it happening.

Nathan89
06-23-2012, 01:36 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnJY4yFKBQcv-Uuf4OGtASYUZXxGCCi6BpD_NbKdHxz_yjOIFDBg

TampaDude
06-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Nash will retire a Sun. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a crackhead.

Spurs9
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
:lmaocrofl

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Nash is resigning with the Suns, what they do with him afterwards is irrelevant to the bet.

You all were smart for not betting me :lol

mavs>spurs
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
wooooow a sign and trade is the same thing as signing with the suns? i'd say it's closer to signing with LA if i had to choose between the 2, imho.

but whateva scrah, u "right" :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Who is Nash going to sign with? If he was to sign with LA he wouldn't be getting $9M a year, the only way that was gonna happen was him resigning with Phoenix. I would have won the bet. Wish someone bet me :cry

lurker
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
He's leaving, you can tell by how his responses to being asked what happens after this season have changed these past few months. :toast

Brazil
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Nash will retire a Sun. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a crackhead.

great call tbh

IronMaxipad
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
nash is signing with dem lakers for min and im sorry bro you're bout to lose alot of $, but shit doesn't mean too much for you does it? you have a mount of $ and you can just blow it for fun imho

:worthy: