Harden an overrated scrub anyway

:lol 3rd pick
:lol grew a beard to help flopping
:lol 2-10 two straight games
:lol living at the free throw line
:lol no heart

Sean Cagney
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Okayyyyyyyyy.... Dirk is up there and Manu too, harden has alot of growing to do before he is near both of them.

racm
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Plus has Harden played a lick in Europe?

Clipper Nation
06-23-2012, 12:27 AM
You say that like being better than Harden is an accomplishment, B..... all Harden can do is flop and then make the free throws, that's it, tbh....

Jacob1983
06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Harden got excited over mom making pizza rolls. Enough said.

smaka
06-23-2012, 03:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9MkgbI7P5F4/T86j8h_z_0I/AAAAAAAAAM8/ycUqR-a5BIk/s1600/Kevin+Durant+James+Harden+Pizza+Roll.png

m>s
06-23-2012, 08:29 PM
rank was based on... baldness? :lol

nowhereman523
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM

:lol

mavs>spurs
06-23-2012, 09:52 PM

:lmao

duhoh
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM

:lmao

how's dirk's teeth?

Venti Quattro
06-24-2012, 12:13 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Manu > Dirk :lmao :lmao :lmao

HeatChamps
06-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Lebron>Wade>Manu>Dirk>Harden. Finished the list. :D

racm
06-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Lebron>Wade>Manu>Dirk>Harden. Finished the list. :D

That's true tbh

Manu's best playoff run was in 2005, and he still didn't win Finals MVP

DMC
06-24-2012, 01:42 AM
I never understood the comparison of Harden to Manu. Harden hasn't done anything but win the 6moy award. Manu has a house full of hardware.

AussieFanKurt
06-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I never understood the comparison of Harden to Manu. Harden hasn't done anything but win the 6moy award. Manu has a house full of hardware.

ElNono
06-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Harden chokedPERIOD

racm
06-24-2012, 01:56 AM

Apparently if you're a left-handed sixth man who's good at flopping you can be compared to Manu.

:lol not being a Euroleague champ
:lol not having an Olympic Gold
:lol not having 3 rings
:lol pubic hair beard
:lol choker
:lol no heart

Harden chokedPERIOD

Real Talk right there

Manu isn't the type to drop 2-10 two games in a row

Legacy
06-24-2012, 01:57 AM

:toast

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 02:48 AM
harden was playing like a badass until the young nigga faced off with a future HoFer in Wade, cut the 22 year old nigga a little slack

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 02:52 AM
even with that bad series he still averaged 16.3/5.1/3.4/ with 1.6 steals and shot 41% from 3, and a PER of 20.9 for the playoffs as a whole. not bad for your 3rd option who should get some of westchucks shots tbh.

KaiRMD1
06-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Harden has a lot more to go before he can be considered in Manu's class. Maybe when he stops relying on free throws and more on his game than perhaps......

Samuel Eto'o
06-24-2012, 11:50 AM

:lol grey post

DMC
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't misunderstand my statement as saying Harden is a scrub. He could end up being a a real badass, but media driven hype causes average fan to get retarded on their takes, and they start with the stupid comparisons. Might as well compare the Basketball Reasons rookie to Tim Duncan now and call him a failure when he doesn't produce a ring in his first couple of years.

DMC
06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
:lol grey post

Grey poster right about dem Spurs/Mavs and Heat.

:lol

pass1st
06-24-2012, 12:33 PM
:lol22 years old
:lolshooter
:lollikely going to surpass manu's prime before his prime
:loleuroleague champ meaning anything

DMC
06-24-2012, 01:10 PM
:lollikely

Samuel Eto'o
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM

This (and the plethora of greys that re-posted it) just keeps getting funnier, imho. The guy is only 22 and has been a vital part of a finals team, and has already hit huge shots in the playoffs.Yet spurfan still acts like its a sin to compare him to their all-holy manu :lol.

Yeah, no shit he doesn't have as many accolades as Manu; his career is just fucking starting. Young players get compared to older players, its just something that happens. And when a guy is a left-handed combo guard that comes off the bench, hes gonna get compared to Manu.

:lmao god that post was grey

pass1st
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
:lollikely

Unless injuries happen :lol

racm
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Unless injuries happen :lol

Harden's playing style makes him injury-prone methinks

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/elbow_medium.gif

DAF86
06-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Other than the fact of being lefties, coming off the benh, being crafty, using the euro step, having a crazy offensive efficiency, gettig to the line, the step back three, etc. nothing, they have nothing in common.

DAF86
06-24-2012, 07:02 PM

What does that even mean? Harden would be lucky to be half the big-game player Manu is.

ezau
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
If Manu were black, he would have been the greatest lefty shooting guard to play the game.

ezau
06-25-2012, 10:08 AM
harden was playing like a badass until the young nigga faced off with a future HoFer in Wade, cut the 22 year old nigga a little slack

fuck the 22-year-old excuse.

racm
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Other than the fact of being lefties, coming off the benh, being crafty, using the euro step, having a crazy offensive efficiency, gettig to the line, the step back three, etc. nothing, they have nothing in common.

Don't forget getting elbowed by Artest to the head.

pass1st
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
What does that even mean? Harden would be lucky to be half the big-game player Manu is.

:lolActing like Ginobili is some sort of top 30 player

Harden started younger and with less experience, yet he's improving quite a bit faster. I would go as far as to say that by the time Harden is 25, his playoff performance will surpass any of Manu's. I'll give flopping skill to Manu, though; he's the goat there.

Coming from somebody who hopes the flopper breaks an ankle.

Samuel Eto'o
06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Plus, maybe Harden will actually be able to stay healthy for a full season

DAF86
06-25-2012, 03:48 PM
:lolActing like Ginobili is some sort of top 30 player

Harden started younger and with less experience, yet he's improving quite a bit faster. I would go as far as to say that by the time Harden is 25, his playoff performance will surpass any of Manu's. I'll give flopping skill to Manu, though; he's the goat there.

Coming from somebody who hopes the flopper breaks an ankle.

Prior to these finals I may have agreed with you but now I don't know. 'Till this playoffs run Harden had been pretty shitty on the postseason, these are the first ones where he actually plays like he does in the regular sason and yet he choked mightly on the finals.

I doubt he will be a big performer on the playoffs during the totality of his career, let alone have a playoffs run like Manu had in '05.

pass1st
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Prior to these finals I may have agreed with you but now I don't know. 'Till this playoffs run Harden had been pretty shitty on the postseason, these are the first ones where he actually plays like he does in the regular sason and yet he choked mightly on the finals.

I doubt he will be a big performer on the playoffs during the totality of his career, let alone have a playoffs run like Manu had in '05.

Choking in young players is common, he still came through on some tight occasions so it's unfair to assume he won't develop the ability to drop daggers at will. Manu was, what, 27 in 2005? To say Harden can't possibly match & surpass that Manu (whom I believe you're overrating) in 5 years, then it's like saying Harden has hit his ceiling or will hit it soon.

It's not like we're saying Harden will be a top 10 SG in history :lol

DAF86
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
It depends on what you consider by "surpassing" Manu, if it's having better stats then yes I think he can definitely surpass him. If you mean actually playing better than Manu at his prime, I don't know if he can. He may but it's doubtful at best, not "likely" like you said.

pass1st
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
It depends on what you consider by "surpassing" Manu, if it's having better stats then yes I think he can definitely surpass him. If you mean actually playing better than Manu at his prime, I don't know if he can. He may but it's doubtful at best, not "likely" like you said.

What about him tells you it's doubtful? All you have to go on is an inexperienced 22 year old not stepping up well in the NBA finals (the highest platform in the basketball world). You're ignoring that it's extremely rare for a player to excel in those conditions at a young age. Heck, the few that did are greats like Magic, Isiah, Kareem.

Now, what I have to go by is the fact that he's a shooter that's improving at a very consistent rate and performing well for somebody with very little experience. He's a perfect comparison to Manu and a perfect prospect to surpass him. I think it's likely because that's the direction he's going towards now. If he gets injured, traded to a terrible team or something, the outlook will change.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Harden and Ginobili are comparable on the offensive end, Harden may even surpass Ginobili as a player, from a skills perspective..his main advantage could be that he'll stay healthy, which is seemingly impossible for Manu..

However, in addition to DAF's point about Manu being a big-game player, Harden is an atrocious defensive player, while prime Ginobili was always a solid defensive player, tbh..

DAF86
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Manu has stepped up in the big moments since a very early age in Europe, on the NT and even as a rookie in the NBA. And Harden doesn't have the athleticism that young Manu had and that's not something that you improve with age.

pass1st
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Manu has stepped up in the big moments since a very early age in Europe, on the NT and even as a rookie in the NBA. And Harden doesn't have the athleticism that young Manu had and that's not something that you improve with age.

Europe is irrelevant and Harden doesn't really base his game off athleticism so that's a fairly moot point. He displays a fair amount bbIQ on the floor and defense is another thing that isn't common in younger players. An instance would be Durant, who still is sub-par on defense, but is improving on it. Nobody would seriously say Manu has better than above average defense with a straight face. A lot of your knocks against Harden also relate to NBA players who had better primes than Manu.

Lebron folded under the big spotlight plenty of times, but came through finally. Obviously his prime is better than Manu's. Larry Bird had hardly any athleticism but just was good based on IQ and shooting ability. While the players themselves are not directly comparable to shooting guards, the qualities I mentioned are.

For the kind of players Manu & Harden are, the qualities that justify their place in the NBA are based on skill and experience. Ability to perform under pressure, shooting, facilitating and playmaking are learned skills. Harden, so far, has shown promising growth and there isn't any one reason that would bar him from surpassing Manu.

DAF86
06-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I would say that the athletic ability on a player that has "slashing" as an important part of his game is fairly important. There's a reason Manu isn't as good as he used to be.

Harden doesn't have the basketball insticts that Manu has either (the ability to come up with huge plays like steals, blocks, draw offensive fouls, offensive boards, pass, etc at the right moments)

The truth is we can argue a lot about this but we will only know who's right with time, next season should be an important one to determine which way Harden's career will go.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2012, 08:04 PM
:lol Harden was statistically the worst defensive player on the Thunder, this season..ask any Thunder fan, and most of them will tell you that he's the worst defensive rotation player on their roster..

Statistically, Ginobili only trailed Duncan, Robinson and Bowen in defensive +/-, in the past 10 years of Spurs basketball..he was always a solid defensive player..at the moment, he's probably below average, but in his prime, he was easily a notable defensive player..