PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: If Tim went for more C's after 2007.....

Fabbs
06-24-2012, 11:11 AM
If Timmy Duncs did decide to leave the Spurs after 2007......

Lets just say he and his agent were tipped off about Pops upcoming affairs with Mike Finley and co. and he foresaw No Scola, ad nauseum Finley-Bonner-Soft Dick-more Bonner and decided to pursue a team with a legit Championship contending coach and roster. He played out his contract in such a way that he was an UFA in summer 2007.

How do these squads stack up against the rigged WWE Lakers and Boston?

Timmy Duncs on:

Dallas
Cleveland
Orlando
Boston (how would he do both against and for them)
These 4 could be looking at a 4 peat.

shoot, even Phoenix
other teams that the addition of Duncs makes them a contender?

dbreiden83080
06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
If Tim wanted another Chip he just has to call Pat Riley up and say he'll play for peanuts.. Start him with Bosh and help the Heat win 70 games and cruise to his 5th.. But he is not gonna be Shaq traveling around from team to team looking for another chip..

Wild Cobra Kai
06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Tim doesn't like the cold, AT ALL. That pretty much ruled out Boston and Cleveland. Can't see him going to arch rival Dallas, and he already passed on Orlando once.

Yuixafun
06-24-2012, 11:49 AM
If Tim wanted another Chip he just has to call Pat Riley up and say he'll play for peanuts.. Start him with Bosh and help the Heat win 70 games and cruise to his 5th.. But he is not gonna be Shaq traveling around from team to team looking for another chip..

If Tim did and said he was taking his talents to south beach...

How vilified would he be?

I don't think I'd hate him...

ChumpDumper
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
He went for more championships after 2007.

False premise.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
If you meant, "left San Antonio" -- eh, who cares? This is just another thread for you to say you don't like Pop.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2012, 12:56 PM
why would he play for orlando, d12 hasnt shown he can lead a team with his limited offensive game being exposed in the playoffs

CaptainLate
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
If Tim wanted another Chip he just has to call Pat Riley up and say he'll play for peanuts..

This is what I brought up in another thread. Tim can play for those "peanuts" HERE, not damned Miami. That way, the FO can go after 1-2 younger superstars to build the future of the team around. Problem is, are there any superstars who have "gotten over themselves" and who would fit in here?

If TD really is a "Spur for life" then prove it. There's no "lottery pick" for the Spurs anytime soon. So the owners should work something out with Tim and his agent that will compensate his playing for a million "peanuts" (rather than $15-$20mil) that helped keep their investment afloat and the title window open for another regime. A win-win-win for everybody...Tim, Spurs owners and mgmt and, most importantly, the fans.

Fabbs
06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
why would he play for orlando, d12 hasnt shown he can lead a team with his limited offensive game being exposed in the playoffs
The addition of Duncan pushing Orlando at least one and how many more titles?
Orlando almost beat WWE Lakers as is if DHoward could simply have made over 50% of his FTs and they could have stopped the clutch play at the end by the Lakers Jameer Nelson.

Fabbs
06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
If you meant, "left San Antonio" -- eh, who cares? This is just another thread for you to say you don't like Pop.
You graded him vs OKC
C- game 3
C game 4
F game 5

So not sure why you are bloating otherwise.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
You graded him vs OKC
C- game 3
C game 4
F game 5

So not sure why you are bloating otherwise.Link to the posts with my grades for those games, please.

lol bloating

Oh, Gee!!
06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
he didn't leave after the 2007 season, so what's the point of this thread? why worry or argue about shit that could never possibly happen? (unless, time travel becomes a viable option and we can go back in time to 2007.)

Fabbs
06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
he didn't leave after the 2007 season, so what's the point of this thread? why worry or argue about shit that could never possibly happen? (unless, time travel becomes a viable option and we can go back in time to 2007.)
:lol 98% of ST is either speculation or Multitroll attempting to up the hit count by posting and/or talking to itself.

Some of us think Timmy Duncs is the best player of his era. Wonder if he could have joined Jordan in leading a team to 5 6 maybe even more legit titles.

mercos
06-27-2012, 04:25 PM
If he joined Cleveland, Dallas, or Boston, he would have won multiple titles. Duncan and Lebron = lol gg all. We saw what happened when Dallas got a decent big man in Chandler. Imagine them with Duncan. On Boston it would be pure overkill. The Celtics went to two finals as it is, with Duncan and Garnett manning the paint together, wow.

The only team I'm not sure would win is Orlando. I've never been crazy about their roster. Not sure how well Howard and Duncan would work together. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, I'm just not as sure as the other options.