PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Trials

Avante
06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Never have been a fan of that method of picking a USA team. The thing is to send our best team not who was best in "one" track meet. What if it's the bad time of month for one of the lady athletes (not trying to be cute/funny) What if someone has a family tragedy the day before the meet? They are simply sick?

Yes if there is some question about level of fitness like the Tyson Gay situation, they would be looked at carefully. We would still have our National Championships and those results would factor in just not be the all everything as they are now.

In 1935 Eulace Peacock won the 100 at out Nationals. He beat Jesse Owens. He actually beat Owens 7 of 10 times in the 100. He also beat Owens in his pet event the long jump. In 1936 an Olympic year Peacock was injured at the Penn relays and missed the trials.

Jesse Owens wins four gold medals in Berlin and becomes a legend, who here has ever heard of Eulace Peacock? If he'd been there it's very realistic to think he might have won the 100, he would have ran on that gold medal 4x1,and just maybe he wins the long jump, he doesn't beat Owens in the 200.

Then there's Jim Golliday.....

Avante
06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you Olympic trials. No Walter Dix because of injury.

Sucks!

Insomniac
06-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Thank you Olympic trials. No Walter Dix because of injury.

Sucks!

Yeah, it does suck to get injured during the trials. It also sucks when an athlete gets injured during the playoffs. It happens.

Insomniac
06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
And WTF cares about that Peacock dude? It is Jesse Owens who won the medals.

Avante
06-25-2012, 12:59 PM
And WTF cares about that Peacock dude? It is Jesse Owens who won the medals.

Eulace Peacock owned Jesse Owens in the 100. Does Owens win the 100 if Peacock had been there? It's very realistic to see Peacock...

100-gold
LJ..silver
4x1...gold

Then there was Ben Johnson another sprinter who had beaten Owens in the 60 and was running as well s anyone, he also was injured in 36.

The 4x1 team of..

Ben Johnson-Eualce Peacock-Ralph Metcalfe-Jesse Owens

,...would have ran a WR so far out there it would have stood for years.

gospursgojas
06-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Lol track. Best at excersising.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2012, 11:06 PM
As soon as I saw the title, I knew it was gonna be more nonsensical ramblings from RaZon, tbh.......

TheRunningMan
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Eulace Peacock owned Jesse Owens in the 100. Does Owens win the 100 if Peacock had been there? It's very realistic to see Peacock...

100-gold
LJ..silver
4x1...gold

Then there was Ben Johnson another sprinter who had beaten Owens in the 60 and was running as well s anyone, he also was injured in 36.

The 4x1 team of..

Ben Johnson-Eualce Peacock-Ralph Metcalfe-Jesse Owens

,...would have ran a WR so far out there it would have stood for years.

It could also have been that Peacock pulls a muscle and does not finish and thus the outcome would be the same. Winning previous races does not mean one wins an Olympic medal as has been proven many times.

Avante
06-26-2012, 01:11 AM
As soon as I saw the title, I knew it was gonna be more nonsensical ramblings from RaZon, tbh.......

I could follow everyone else around like you do. How cool is that?

Avante
06-26-2012, 01:12 AM
It could also have been that Peacock pulls a muscle and does not finish and thus the outcome would be the same. Winning previous races does not mean one wins an Olympic medal as has been proven many times.

Totally and completely missing the point. The guy had no chance at Olympic glory due to an injury.