PDA

View Full Version : People who believe the Spurs were the better team/NBA is rigged are pathetic

DejuanorwhatDude
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Get over it. We lost. If the Spurs had lost to the Heat in that fashion people would be saying the same shit. Thus the only outcome where the NBA didn't screw us is where we win.

The Spurs are are classy enough to admit when they lost to the better team why can't you?

Proxy
06-24-2012, 12:59 PM
You'd be an idiot to say the Spurs lost only because of the refs

You'd be an idiot to not acknowledge the NBA isn't a business
You'd be wrong to say the refs didn't change the tendency of their calls by series/game/quarter

thispego
06-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Spurs didn't help themselves in certain aspects but they played well enough to win the series. The refs, at sternes command, helped the thunder and hurt the spurs. That's all there is to it. To not be able to admit this is sheepish.

Juggity
06-24-2012, 01:18 PM
It's pretty widely acknowledged that the WCF game 6 officiating was the worst of the playoffs. That's not to say the spurs should have won the series -- in fact, I doubt they would've won -- but they clearly should have won game six.

SamoanTD
06-24-2012, 01:22 PM
:deadhorse

spurraider21
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM
:deadhorse

^good one haha
It's tough to pinpoint refs when you lose 4 straight. We blew a giant lead in game 6. We missed shots. The refs didn't. Did the refs make Harden's 3 pointer fall in game 5? No. C'mon now.

But as far as the OP, it's possible to be a better team and lose. I doubt that last year's Mavs were the best team in the NBA and yet they took it all and will be remembered as champs. I still think this year's Spurs were better than the Thunder, but they got hot as we cooled and beat us fairly.

sananspursfan21
06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Spurs didn't help themselves in certain aspects but they played well enough to win the series. The refs, at sternes command, helped the thunder and hurt the spurs. That's all there is to it. To not be able to admit this is sheepish.

Gotta agree. Refs forgot what a goaltend was, much to ibakas benefit, and no call fouls were rampant. I think the first two games were actually reffed quite fairly. I think stern believed the spurs would be chewed up and swallowed. He realizes it wasnt going down like that and had a say so. Game 3 was total loss of focus for san antonio. Game 4 i really dont remember but i know games 5 and 6 were lopsided something awful

Andthentherewas21
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM

You'd be wrong to say the refs didn't change the tendency of their calls by series/game/quarter

This. As ignorant as it is to the NBA is rigged and the Spurs didn't have a chance. Its equally as ignorant to believe that the games were called completely fairly and impartially. Had the Spurs been playing up to their potential they could probably have overcome it. They weren't though so they lost. Doesn't mean the officiating was fair, also doesn't mean that it alone cost them the series.

By the way, if the Spurs criticize the officiating they get fined and it doesn't change the outcome of the series. Doesn't mean they believe what they say at the podium, just means they are smart enough not to throw away money for no good reason.

And had the Spurs beaten the Thunder, the same problems with officiating would have persisted against the Heat. Its a superstar driven league, especially ones that can be marketed and can get the league exposure with highlight plays, doesn't exactly sound like the Spurs therefore if the other team has a superstar or 2 they are going to get those questionable calls.

DejuanorwhatDude
06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Even I think Game 6 was bogus. But the amount of bitching I've seen on here (I mostly lurk) even two weeks after has been ridiculous. I just wish that as a fan base we'd stop referring to the series as a rig job and start thinking they exposed the weakness we had : inability to get stops. Moreover they proved they could hit big shot after big shot. We couldn't.

I did find it hilarious that Brooks used team ball to beat us and then somehow forgot about it three days later and decided to try and beat Miami with their own style of ball and lost fairly convincingly.

wut
06-24-2012, 08:20 PM
You want to label people who feel this way idiots, then we will do the same thing back to you.

I would never blame a team's fans for feeling cheated in years where they were (like the Blazers in 2000...I mean common Tim Donaghy even mentions Bavetta giving the game away to the Lakers).

There's just too much smoke for there not to be fire when it comes to how games are controlled by the refs.

wut
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
sure maybe as fans we should just accept that the league is just not fair and stop bitching...at least that will make DejuanorwhatDude and those who feel the same way happy.

I know people don't like feeling like they're a sore loser and don't want to be part of a fanbase of sore losers, I get that stance...but I can take only so much injustice, sorry.

AussieFanKurt
06-24-2012, 08:28 PM
oh fuck this is old news, just put it in the past for christ sake

KaiRMD1
06-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes we're a pathetic bunch, it happens now the off season has begun, I thought we moved on from this? Only morons who want to make fun of the people who said the refs beat us WEEKS AGO bring it up now.

Fabbs
06-24-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

there there....

Legacy
06-25-2012, 01:22 AM

^^^^

This. As ignorant as it is to the NBA is rigged and the Spurs didn't have a chance. Its equally as ignorant to believe that the games were called completely fairly and impartially. Had the Spurs been playing up to their potential they could probably have overcome it. They weren't though so they lost. Doesn't mean the officiating was fair, also doesn't mean that it alone cost them the series.

By the way, if the Spurs criticize the officiating they get fined and it doesn't change the outcome of the series. Doesn't mean they believe what they say at the podium, just means they are smart enough not to throw away money for no good reason.

And had the Spurs beaten the Thunder, the same problems with officiating would have persisted against the Heat. Its a superstar driven league, especially ones that can be marketed and can get the league exposure with highlight plays, doesn't exactly sound like the Spurs therefore if the other team has a superstar or 2 they are going to get those questionable calls.

YES.

Excellent posts.

Moving along now, all pathetic people ...

:p:

Kidd K
06-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Get over it. We lost. If the Spurs had lost to the Heat in that fashion people would be saying the same shit. Thus the only outcome where the NBA didn't screw us is where we win.

The Spurs are are classy enough to admit when they lost to the better team why can't you?

They're in a different situation. They work IN the NBA, and their livelihood is at stake. Complaining about it = suspensions, fines, and even worse future bias against them.

I would seriously doubt if any Spurs fan who thinks the NBA fixed at least one if not two or three of the games in that series (this includes me), would say the same stuff at least in public that they have been on here.

But as fans, we can say whatever we want without repricussions. So A: stop whining about legitimate whining. And B: Don't use "the Spurs don't say anything so you shouldn't" as an argument because as I pointed out the circumstances are different.

If you don't like the comments, don't read them. Don't expect everyone to think like you just because you're more of a bitch than those people and have accepted Stern's dick in the ass more willingly. I will always say Stern/the NBA fixed the WCF this year, because they did. To say I felt otherwise would be lying.

guzmangm
06-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I think the worst call going against San Antonio was the momentum stopper call on Stephen Jackson for showing some fire and passion after he sank that three and said something to the Thunder bench. Game 6 I think. That was called but when Harden swiped the ball from the basket on Danny Green's shot at the end of the half (game 2?) wasn't considered "unsportsman-like????

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
if the nba is a business and stern rigged games in the best interest to earn more money

so whats was the total pie for playoffs? heat only got like 3m for their win

SpurCharger
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I think The NBA Officials Do Dictate Ball Games..... I will Say I think We should Have Beaten OKC. Even Though I cant Stand Lebron And The Heat, I think They Started playing At A Different Level And would have been Tough For the Spurs to beat.
Even Duncan Said after Game 6 That the officials Pretty much Stopped every run the spurs made.

spurspokesman
06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I notice something that very few made mention of. I noticed ibaka was given a license to goaltend during the series against us but was called for it way more often against miami. This really changes the mindset of an offense and attacking the paint being that all ibaka has to do is make any type of contact with the ball at any point and it wont be called. Advantage OKC. And I dont mind bad calls as they happen often. I mind it when its bad momentum changing calls down the stretch when our spurs were clearly on the verge of taking control of that game.There is a difference. Winning sometimes is decided by a point and sometimes by 20 but a W is a W and the spurs were trying to eek out a close 1 in game 6 but as you all witnessed wasn't afforded a fair shake. I'd rather lose by 40 than get hosed like that.

Horse
06-25-2012, 12:42 PM

The point is not necessarily that we were better the point is that we will never know cause it was not called down the middle at all. And if you don't think the nba is rigged then I'm sure you think wrestling is real too. I can remind you of the ewing draft, portland getting screwed in 2000, the kings in 02, The Spurs with 0.4. I'll even admit dallas got railroaded in the 06 finals. The nba was so close to a ratings dream come true so they helped make it happen.

SpurinDallas
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
if the nba is a business and stern rigged games in the best interest to earn more money

so whats was the total pie for playoffs? heat only got like 3m for their win

Playoff Pools per team is different than the revenue the NBA received from the advertising and the Durant vs Lebron hype.

KaiRMD1
06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I notice something that very few made mention of. I noticed ibaka was given a license to goaltend during the series against us but was called for it way more often against miami. This really changes the mindset of an offense and attacking the paint being that all ibaka has to do is make any type of contact with the ball at any point and it wont be called. Advantage OKC. And I dont mind bad calls as they happen often. I mind it when its bad momentum changing calls down the stretch when our spurs were clearly on the verge of taking control of that game.There is a difference. Winning sometimes is decided by a point and sometimes by 20 but a W is a W and the spurs were trying to eek out a close 1 in game 6 but as you all witnessed wasn't afforded a fair shake. I'd rather lose by 40 than get hosed like that.

That's the thing I noticed that completely took OKC out of their rhythm. They were no longer getting the calls in the finals against the Heat that they were getting against the Spurs, the Ibaka goaltends were the biggest one I noticed though. Ibaka is a fierce shot blocker but at least once in every game against the Spurs, he goaltended and even the announcers caught it as much as they were biased toward OKC. You take that advantage away, Ibaka ain't blocking sh*t no more. But whatever, you move on. I called Shenanigans a while back in the first round should the Spurs lose in the WCF

Floyd Pacquiao
06-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Game was rigged no doubt every time the spurs made a good play the refs would blow the whistle... they robbed manu of a and-1 and took away a kawhi 3 ,phantom sjax tech ,kawhi getting a off rebound then gets hit on the and they call him for stepping out of bounds instead of calling it on westbrook...game was rigged no doubt

therealtruth
06-25-2012, 11:26 PM
That's the thing I noticed that completely took OKC out of their rhythm. They were no longer getting the calls in the finals against the Heat that they were getting against the Spurs, the Ibaka goaltends were the biggest one I noticed though. Ibaka is a fierce shot blocker but at least once in every game against the Spurs, he goaltended and even the announcers caught it as much as they were biased toward OKC. You take that advantage away, Ibaka ain't blocking sh*t no more. But whatever, you move on. I called Shenanigans a while back in the first round should the Spurs lose in the WCF

You've got to play though it. The same thing the Thunder needed to do against the Heat. The teams that end up winning are the ones that are mentally toughest. It would be tough to call the Spurs mentally tough after game 2.

100%duncan
06-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Ironic how this faggot talks about getting over with the loss when he posts this 3 weeks after the series. :lol

HI-FI
06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't see many people on here complaining about it anymore, and if they are,who fucking cares. I believe OKC received the benefit of the calls, and in game 6 it just became ridiculous. Not as bad as 2002 WCF, but in the same vicinity.

The refs aren't the only reason we lost. I think the officiating sucked, but it was just the catalyst. It was our inability to respond that doomed us, with TP shriveling up like usual. Our roleplayers sucked as well. Only guys who seemed to push the issue were Manu, Jax, Kawhi and Duncan, but he's just not physically able to impose his will anymore.

Most of us have moved on anyways, because OKC got a taste of their own medicine against the Heat and were rattled by it. Stern giveth and STern taketh away.

BC3
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
People who DONT believe the Spurs were the better team and DO NOT BELIEVE the NBA is rigged are pathetic

Beaverfuzz
06-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Refs don't make you miss the shots. Spurs lost to a better team who got worn out against the big 2.5

dav4463
06-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Refs don't make you miss the shots. Spurs lost to a better team who got worn out against the big 2.5

Leonard made a 3 but refs took it away on a bogus offensive foul. Ginobili made a basket plus a foul and refs took it away by calling player control even though Durant slid under Ginobili.....so yeah,,,,, points can be taken away. Westbrook got an extra point even though Parker never even touched him...so yeah, ....points can be given to a team as well.

TampaDude
06-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Ah, fuck it...the Spurs would've lost to the Heat, anyway...

Beaverfuzz
06-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Leonard made a 3 but refs took it away on a bogus offensive foul. Ginobili made a basket plus a foul and refs took it away by calling player control even though Durant slid under Ginobili.....so yeah,,,,, points can be taken away. Westbrook got an extra point even though Parker never even touched him...so yeah, ....points can be given to a team as well.

Are you sure you quoted the right post? :downspin:

Kidd K
06-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Not to mention the continuous no-calls on Ibaka's rampant goaltending. The refs took away nearly 20 points over the last 2 games on bogus calls/non calls. Not even mentioning all the fouls OKC got away with. Just the bogus TO whistles (on OKC fouls) and the non-calls on the clear goaltends.

Not to mention all of OKC's moving screens and jersey grabbing to get Durant, Westbrook, and Harden open on pick and rolls to assist OKC's scoring.

OKC wasn't diminished by the refs at all, whereass SA seemed to get diminished over and over again outside of the realm of normal officiating.

Inconsistent officiating is one thing. . .if it goes both ways. But they were only inconsistent one way. . . repeatedly. That's why people feel/think it was rigged.

jimo2305
06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
ive already posted the game vid in the other thread.. if you still can't see the BS in that game.. then i dunno what else to tell ya