06-24-2012, 12:52 PM
lol already blowing up the team

DMC
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Noal?

http://clutch.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/clutch/2012/06/LebronBombLG11.gif

DPG21920
06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Heard some rumors that the Kings may trade their 5th pick for Deng (possible Evans in the trade as well).

ace3g
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Interesting morsel from @iwhittell: Warriors scout Speedy Claxton at Great Britain practice today in Houston. GSDubs are a Luol Deng suitor

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8090830/chicago-bulls-luol-deng-says-surprised-trade

TIMMYtoZO
06-24-2012, 01:39 PM
:lol Bulls
:lol ECF ceiling
:lol NewCastleKEG

DPG21920
06-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Warriors have so many wings, I can't believe they would part with their lottery pick unless it was for Noah.

DMX7
06-24-2012, 02:17 PM
We'll take Noel, but he is UGLY.

Ace
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Crofl stuck with Boozer

Bill_Brasky
06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I'd love to have Noah on the Spurs.....

Bonner for Noah.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Pau for Noah and cap fillers:

Sessions
Kobe
MWP
Noah
Bynum

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Pau for Noah and cap fillers:

Sessions
Kobe
MWP
Noah
Bynum

lmao please, please do that. that move makes you guys worse

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 04:46 PM
lmao please, please do that. that move makes you guys worse

Offensively or defensively? I say it improves us defensively without much of an effect on us offensively. It improves our team speed - due to his non stop motor. It improves our rebounding too. Why? Despite our height we were giving up offensive rebounds to Ibaka and Porkins left and right - even after stops. We also get 5 years younger at the PF spot. We still have our 1-2 punch + Noah's hustle/garbage buckets/offensive rebounding.

I hope you were joking.

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 04:50 PM
First off, swapping Pau for Noah isn't a "wash" offensively, that move makes you worse for several reasons:

1) Pau is 10 times the player offensively that Noah is

2) Spacing. Noah can't shoot from outside and the paint will get clogged

3) He will just get in Bynum's way on the block.

Noah's hustle on defense in no way makes him worth completely fucking up your offense.

DPG21920
06-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Noah is a fine player, but Gasol is better from a fit perspective and talent level as well. Noah and Bynum would be very crowded on offense - It would definitely hurt LA because Bynum and Noah aren't a great fit (at least on paper). He would help defensively for sure.

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
^ sup copy cat

Bill_Brasky
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Offensively or defensively? I say it improves us defensively without much of an effect on us offensively. It improves our team speed - due to his non stop motor. It improves our rebounding too. Why? Despite our height we were giving up offensive rebounds to Ibaka and Porkins left and right - even after stops. We also get 5 years younger at the PF spot. We still have our 1-2 punch + Noah's hustle/garbage buckets/offensive rebounding.

I hope you were joking.

Noah is a starting caliber center. The Lakers already have a starting caliber center named Bynum. Do you really think that these two playing next to each other would work out? Do you actually believe Noah would take a bench role during his prime years?

If you trade Pau you better make damn sure you're getting a PF who is just as mobile and has the offensive ability that he has, not Andrew Bynum without a post game.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM
First off, swapping Pau for Noah isn't a "wash" offensively, that move makes you worse for several reasons:

1) Pau is 10 times the player offensively that Noah is

2) Spacing. Noah can't shoot from outside and the paint will get clogged

3) He will just get in Bynum's way on the block.

Noah's hustle on defense in no way makes him worth completely fucking up your offense.

No arguments here concerning your comments about what it might do to the Lakers's offense. But, their offense and our defense sucked last year so those points may be moot. We know that Kobe and Bynum are 1a and 1b. I'm fully expecting 20/10/2+ from Bynum on 55% FGAs. I'm expecting about 25/6/6 from Kobe on (hopefully) 47% FGAs. Noah, could get us 15/10 easily on hustle, putbacks, and finishes due to the doubles/triples Bynum and Kobe will attract.

On defense, I like his P&R coverage way better than Pau. We know P&R is the Lakers' kryptonite and has been since Stockton/Malone. I would say that our defense would trigger our offense. Noah runs the floor way better than Pau can. Kobe can still run. Sessions' game is predicated on a run and gun type offense (not saying the Lakers would employ it full time by any stretch of the imagination). We could employ it for easy buckets though. Not looking at the stats but we were probably bottom half of the league in terms of fastbreak points/game.

I do worry about the paint being clogged, but the offensive rebounding capabilities with a team that has 2 of the best offensive rebounders in the game is tempting to me. I believe that eventually he would develop a better more consistent jumper as well. Pau was shooting 3s last year. That didn't end well for us. Noah could hit an elbow jumper here and there. It could work.

Pipe anyway as I don't see Thibbs giving up his defensive anchor for a 32 year old Pau.

DPG21920
06-24-2012, 05:37 PM
I am fairly confident that if LA makes that call, Bulls do an insta-accept.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Noah is a starting caliber center. The Lakers already have a starting caliber center named Bynum. Do you really think that these two playing next to each other would work out? Do you actually believe Noah would take a bench role during his prime years?

If you trade Pau you better make damn sure you're getting a PF who is just as mobile and has the offensive ability that he has, not Andrew Bynum without a post game.

Pau is a center. We won two rings with him playing PF. It could work.

Pau is much more effective as a center than he was as a PF. Proof: 2009 Finals. Despite being stronger, jumps higher, younger, and faster, Pau handled D12. Thing is, his level of play has fell off the last two years.

To say Noah wouldn't work because he is a center isn't true IMO. So is Pau.

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Pau is a center/pf, and also one with a lot more offensive skill and range. See, pau is actually a threat from the high post. The only thing noah does is get in Bynum's way on the block.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I am fairly confident that if LA makes that call, Bulls do an insta-accept.

Win-win IMO. I know Pau is a better shooter and passer. I'll take Noah on the other big man stats that matter to me: rebounding, swatting, steals, offensive putbacks, P&R defense.

The Lakers lost because our bigs didn't play big against OKC. I'll take my chances with Bynum v. Porkins and Noah v. Ibaka. Ibaka took Pau's nuts and pissed me off. Versus Noah, I don't think so. Like PJ used to say, you win with men. Noah plays a man's game. We need a no-nonsense type MFer on this team. It's bad enough that our toughest player is a SG. That would change with Noah paired with Bynum IMO.

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2012, 05:50 PM
No arguments here concerning your comments about what it might do to the Lakers's offense. But, their offense and our defense sucked last year so those points may be moot. We know that Kobe and Bynum are 1a and 1b. I'm fully expecting 20/10/2+ from Bynum on 55% FGAs. I'm expecting about 25/6/6 from Kobe on (hopefully) 47% FGAs. Noah, could get us 15/10 easily on hustle, putbacks, and finishes due to the doubles/triples Bynum and Kobe will attract.

On defense, I like his P&R coverage way better than Pau. We know P&R is the Lakers' kryptonite and has been since Stockton/Malone. I would say that our defense would trigger our offense. Noah runs the floor way better than Pau can. Kobe can still run. Sessions' game is predicated on a run and gun type offense (not saying the Lakers would employ it full time by any stretch of the imagination). We could employ it for easy buckets though. Not looking at the stats but we were probably bottom half of the league in terms of fastbreak points/game.

I do worry about the paint being clogged, but the offensive rebounding capabilities with a team that has 2 of the best offensive rebounders in the game is tempting to me. I believe that eventually he would develop a better more consistent jumper as well. Pau was shooting 3s last year. That didn't end well for us. Noah could hit an elbow jumper here and there. It could work.

Pipe anyway as I don't see Thibbs giving up his defensive anchor for a 32 year old Pau.

excellent analysis...way better than all that bullshit Tyson and DPG is popping off tha mouth with....

Pau for Noah....
Bynum + Sessions for D-Will and Lopez
TPE on Beasley
Resign Odom for vet min

Kobe
D-Will
Noah
Beasley
MWP

DPG21920
06-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I think you have to look at Kobe too. He was a big reason they lost IMO.

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Win-win IMO. I know Pau is a better shooter and passer. I'll take Noah on the other big man stats that matter to me: rebounding, swatting, steals, offensive putbacks, P&R defense.

The Lakers lost because our bigs didn't play big against OKC. I'll take my chances with Bynum v. Porkins and Noah v. Ibaka. Ibaka took Pau's nuts and pissed me off. Versus Noah, I don't think so. Like PJ used to say, you win with men. Noah plays a man's game. We need a no-nonsense type MFer on this team. It's bad enough that our toughest player is a SG. That would change with Noah paired with Bynum IMO.

Noah paired with Ron Ron would be insane on defense....

D-Will and Kobe in the backcourt would be insane on offense

Beasley would be a cherry on top :lol

djohn2oo8
06-24-2012, 05:54 PM

The Lakers lost because Kobe singlehandedly blew a 7 point lead with 2 minutes to go, and played like shit the other game.

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2012, 05:56 PM
The Lakers lost because Kobe singlehandedly blew a 7 point lead with 2 minutes to go, and played like shit the other game.

I agree but he's also the only reason we were in the series to begin with...Bynum and Pau never showed up...PERIOD!!!

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2012, 05:58 PM
and for that they have to go...Maybe Kobe wouldn't have been as tired if them niggas had given him just a little help....but when your oldest player (Kobe) is playing guys 10 yrs younger than him and expected to defend and score against these guys someone else needs to step up and help...Kobe proved in the OKC series that despite the age difference Durant nor Harding can guard him straight up 1 on 1 even at 34 yrs of age..

My nigga

DMC
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Noah isn't close to Pau's level. Pau hasn't been motivated. He's one of the few players in the league who automatically can take you to the title if you already have a decent team.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM

That was ONE game. Kobe clearly was the best player during that series. I cannot put the fact that we went home fishing on Kobe.

You guys may talk about his shooting %'s or TOs all you want, but we cannot talk about his effort. He brought it and went down with an empty clip.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Noah isn't close to Pau's level. Pau hasn't been motivated. He's one of the few players in the league who automatically can take you to the title if you already have a decent team.

I don't buy that. He should have been motivated after getting swept by the Mavs last year. Apparently not though.

Latarian Milton
06-24-2012, 08:20 PM
they're expecting to get back a big name of a similar caliber to rose if they're shopping noah tbh. they let TC walk in 06 and signed the big trash ben instead which turned out to be a horrible mistake, they ain't stepping into the same ditch a 2nd time imho. bigs who're willing to devote themselves in dirty works are not easy to be found in the league now, and such players can benefit the team alot.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
they're expecting to get back a big name of a similar caliber to rose if they're shopping noah tbh. they let TC walk in 06 and signed the big trash ben instead which turned out to be a horrible mistake, they ain't stepping into the same ditch a 2nd time imho. bigs who're willing to devote themselves in dirty works are not easy to be found in the league now, and such players can benefit the team alot.

That's precisely why I would want Noah in LA: for the dirty work. For those that say he would bog down the paint, I say even with Pau it was bogged down. Teams were sending doubles and triples at Bynum left and right despite Pau's ability to hit from 3.

Take the '96 Bulls for example. Rodman had NO jumper whatsoever. How'd that team turn out? In today's game, Noah would be Rodmanesque

LkrFan

That's precisely why I would want Noah in LA: for the dirty work. For those that say he would bog down the paint, I say even with Pau it was bogged down. Teams were sending doubles and triples at Bynum left and right despite Pau's ability to hit from 3.

Take the '96 Bulls for example. Rodman had NO jumper whatsoever. How'd that team turn out? In today's game, Noah would be Rodmanesque for

LkrFan

Take the '96 Bulls for example. Rodman had NO jumper whatsoever. How'd that team turn out? In today's game, Noah would be Rodmanesque for the Lakers.

mavs>spurs
06-24-2012, 08:30 PM

Take the '96 Bulls for example. Rodman had NO jumper whatsoever. How'd that team turn out? In today's game, Noah would be Rodmanesque for the Lakers.

Moot point tbh, the 96 bulls started luc fucking longley at C and weren't relying on a large portion of their offensive production down low. Noah will only get in Bynum's way and made his productivity slip.

LkrFan
06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Moot point tbh, the 96 bulls started luc fucking longley at C and weren't relying on a large portion of their offensive production down low. Noah will only get in Bynum's way and made his productivity slip.

You may be right, but I'd be willing to roll the dice with a 27 year old PF with a non-stop motor. Case in point, if anyone misses a shot, I could easily see Bynum and Noah OWNING the glass offensively or defensively. For example, how do you think the Lakers survived Kobe's 6/24 game? By battling the boards. Lakers were already top 3 in rpg last year. Add a player 5 years younger than Pau like Noah and I'll take it.

Sure, the offense may look shitty at times, but as long as we can get our stops, we're in there. Why? Because we have 2 legit offensive options in Bynum and Kobe. The Lakers lost the last two years because they wouldn't defend. I suspect we would be much stronger defensively. Defense wins championships.

DAF86
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Pretty retarded if true, they won't get better by trading those guys.

Killakobe81
06-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Spacing would be poor but u can flip Bynum for a pg or sf upgrade. Doubt they deal though. Would love Pau for Horford but that is a pipe-dream.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
should get cj watson and gibson...lakers should be gettin younger and filling the area of needs