PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear that steve nash wants to come to the spurs??

tim210g
06-24-2012, 02:06 PM

DMX7
06-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I did not.

smaka
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
no, did you?

i knew it...

Bill_Brasky
06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
:lol like we need another ball dominant PG....one that doesn't play defense to boot....

tomtom
06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
No

Duncan2177
06-24-2012, 03:21 PM

Hey dipshit you wanna tell us where you heard this Nash rumor?

Small Fundamental
06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey dipshit you wanna tell us where you heard this Nash rumor?
To be fair he never said he did.

spurbyheart
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/169639-rumor-steve-nash-to-knicks
It just says were interested...nothing more .

T Park
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Toronto Phoenix and one more team were at the top of his list. Can't remember who.

racm
06-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Toronto Phoenix and one more team were at the top of his list. Can't remember who.

Portland, where I hope he doesn't sign because his back and knees would explode the moment he entered the Rose Garden :lmao

NRHector
06-24-2012, 07:09 PM
hell no, let me rephrase that, fuck no

Biernutz
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
:nope

CGD
06-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, my friend's dad's coworker 7 year old daughter heard this form her classmate's aunt's 3 year old doberman. Apparently the Doberman humped Steve Nash's poodle last summer.

jimo2305
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, my friend's dad's coworker 7 year old daughter heard this form her classmate's aunt's 3 year old doberman. Apparently the Doberman humped Steve Nash's poodle last summer.

dang... we got a source confirming this now

Duncan2177
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM

Holly Shit. :wow:downspin:

Chase_the_Bass
06-24-2012, 09:55 PM
I get it.

Oh, Gee!!
06-24-2012, 10:27 PM
yeah, and the magic will take bonner off of our hands for howard straight up.

Andthentherewas21
06-24-2012, 10:29 PM

Nah the Magic have to throw in a 1st rounder to sweeten the deal

Legacy
06-25-2012, 01:15 AM

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Duncan2177
06-25-2012, 11:11 AM
It could be that once the Spurs knew how badly Parker was injured they started calling about Nash?

taps
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Wherever he goes, I think Nash is instantly the best backup PG in the league. If there's a realistic chance to get him, why not pull the trigger? (Personally, I think it's more of a pipe dream for Spurs.)

I think Pop might wet himself if he got Nash, even with the defensive issues - we're talking limited minutes for a HOFer who can still play brilliantly in spurts. Popovich might want a level-headed QB who will make the most of important offensive possessions - LJ's advanced stats showed what happened to the team's offensive rhythm when Parker was gone.

For a guy who's filling your 6 - 9 spots, you hope for someone who does at least one thing REALLY well. We all adore defense, but realistically we're probably not gonna fill that spot with a star on both defense and offense (Jack was a huge windfall.) Besides, uhhhh. Gary Neal and Corey Joseph are the alternatives right now.

bus driver
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
does he still have two eyes? if so then hell ya i want him on the spurs.

Andthentherewas21
06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Wherever he goes, I think Nash is instantly the best backup PG in the league. If there's a realistic chance to get him, why not pull the trigger? (Personally, I think it's more of a pipe dream for Spurs.)

I think Pop might wet himself if he got Nash, even with the defensive issues - we're talking limited minutes for a HOFer who can still play brilliantly in spurts. Popovich might want a level-headed QB who will make the most of important offensive possessions - LJ's advanced stats showed what happened to the team's offensive rhythm when Parker was gone.

For a guy who's filling your 6 - 9 spots, you hope for someone who does at least one thing REALLY well. We all adore defense, but realistically we're probably not gonna fill that spot with a star on both defense and offense (Jack was a huge windfall.) Besides, uhhhh. Gary Neal and Corey Joseph are the alternatives right now.

And if he were willing to accept being a backup pg, he would be great. The problem is he isn't going to accept that role when there are plenty of teams willing to pay him better to be their starting pg.

sehui
06-25-2012, 05:09 PM
why the hell does Nash want to go to Portland and Toronto? Doesn't he want to win a championship? He should be going to the contenders for that extra umph, like OKC, SA, BOS, LAL, CHI, and MIA.

T Park
06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
hes stated that he doesnt want to chase a ring. Wants playing time, place where hes comfortable and competitive. Most likely in that order if I were to guess...

jimo2305
06-25-2012, 08:22 PM
why the hell does Nash want to go to Portland and Toronto? Doesn't he want to win a championship? He should be going to the contenders for that extra umph, like OKC, SA, BOS, LAL, CHI, and MIA.

those are contendrs but i just can't see his playing style fit effectively in the systems they already have going..

plus.. the title contenders already have their pg's.. and yes.. miami's is lebron james

ohmwrecker
06-26-2012, 08:18 AM

He won't be chasing a ring in SA.

Russo21
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM
"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."

Xylus
06-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Did someone say Backup PG?

LOL.

Nash will be a top 10 point guard for another two years at least, why the hell would he go somewhere where he'd play backup? He'll play on any team that wants him as a starter, and the team that wants him the most is Phoenix. He'll remain a Sun until his career is over.

CubanMustGo
06-26-2012, 08:55 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/25/steve-nash-free-agent-knicks-nets-blazers-raptors/

Steve Nash won’t be signing a cheap deal as a free agent this offseason.

On ESPN Radio Monday, Nash said he was “open to everything,” but that money would still be a “very important” factor in where he signs what could be his final NBA contract this offseason, the New York Post reports (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/agency_good_for_knicks_nash_says_xs9a6wZyjph2gYwno sNoGM).

“I definitely feel I want to be validated monetarily to an extent,’’ Nash said. “It’s still very important. I think money in many ways represents respect. For example, if you sign with a team and take half or less money, six months later they trade you. It has to be one of the factors. It’s not everything but it is important and will be one of the factors involved.’’

That pretty much puts paid to anyone's fantasy of him coming to SA.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 08:59 AM
The only three teams that will offer him good money are Portland, Toronto, and Phoenix. And unfortunately for Toronto and Portland, they don't have Grant Hill, whose whereabouts will have a significant affect on whether Nash stays or goes.

Budkin
06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I still think he goes to the Heat.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
If that happens, I might chop off my own balls.

afireinside20
06-26-2012, 11:57 AM
I still think he goes to the Heat.

I don't get it, Miami wins a few championships and everyone wants to go there. Same for the Mavs, they win one and they attract a boatload of superstars, the Spurs have won four championships and no superstars ever want to come here? Total disrespect for our franchise and city. Fuck em all!

Legacy
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I thought he wasn't a "Championship Chaser" and he wanted to stay loyal to his Phoenix fans?

Much props to Nash if he decides to stick to his guns and do just that, imo. :toast

taps
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
My hypothesis was castrated.

I guess the Heat's the only top 5 contender he would start for, all the rest have allStar pgs. He wants the challenge, money, and responsibility. and he also wants to be with acompetitve team. Given these limitations, might as well just stay with the Suns, compared to TOR & POR

Kidd K
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
The only thing I've heard about Nash is potentially going to the Heat, Lakers, or Knicks. The big teams who always get everyone.

I've never heard of any big free agents wanting to come here.