View Full Version : LMAO Arizona

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
:lol SB1070
:lol dumb rednecks scapegoating problems on illegals
:lol Jan Brewer
:lol getting dicked by the supreme court
:lol crazier than Rick Perry
:lol claiming to be about balancing the budget but spending millions to defend SB1070
:lol a governor who only went to community college

ElNono
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
But State rights! :dramaquee

jack sommerset
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
"The Supreme Court upheld a key part of Arizona's tough anti-illegal immigration law in a 5-3 decision on Monday that allows police officers to ask about immigration status during stops."

That's pretty big. God bless

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
"The Supreme Court upheld a key part of Arizona's tough anti-illegal immigration law in a 5-3 decision on Monday that allows police officers to ask about immigration status during stops."

I never had a problem with police being able to check immigration status on people who were being stopped for something else. That part wasn't unconstitutional at all. If the cops wanna check the immigration status on someone who was also committing a crime they should be able to and were able to prior to SB1070.

God bless.

elbamba
06-25-2012, 12:35 PM

They could already do that before the law was passed. Its not big at all. This was a huge loss for Arizona.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
They could already do that before the law was passed. Its not big at all. This was a huge loss for Arizona.
:lol thank you. Cops could and did check on the immigration status of people they pulled over/took in for other stuff prior to SB1070.

:lmao Jan Brewer calling this a victory for Arizona. That slut is living in another world.

pawe
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
It goes much deeper than just harassment from cops.
It's a waste of LEO time and resources. Waste of money too for lawsuits.

Also, non-whites will now be more vulnerable to crime since dumb criminals would now think that every brown skin person is an illegal and wont go to the cops out of fear of being asked for papers.

pawe
06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
:lmao Jan Brewer calling this a victory for Arizona. That slut is living in another world.

I think it's validated that she feels it as a win for AZ since Im pretty sure everyone against the law would trade the "show your papers" provision for the 3 provisions struck down by the SCOTUS.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/25/politics/scotus-arizona-law/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

:lol some great nuggets of stupidity in this article

Texas Rep. Lamar Smith, the Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said Monday's ruling "essentially puts an end to immigration enforcement since the states no longer can step in and fill the void created by the Obama administration."
:lmao blaming the Obama administration? The amount of illegals in this country has gone DOWN since Obama took office. The problem was a lot more rampant when Bush was in office, with Bush ignoring Janet Napolitano's demand to secure the border. There isn't any void in immigration enforcement right now that didn't already exist when Obama took office.

Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the minority, argued the court's ruling encroached on Arizona's sovereign powers.
"If securing its territory in this fashion is not within the power of Arizona, we should cease referring to it as a sovereign state," Scalia wrote in a dissent backed by Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas.

:lmao "cease referring to it as a sovereign state"....what the fuck? Arizona isn't a sovereign state, it's 1 of 50 members of the United States. It has to comply with the constitution and federal law. It isn't and never was a "sovereign state." What a fuckin moron.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer declared the ruling a victory for her state, saying the "heart" of the law can now be implemented "in accordance with the U.S. Constitution."
"While we are grateful for this legal victory, today is an opportunity to reflect on our journey and focus upon the true task ahead: the implementation and enforcement of this law in an even-handed manner that lives up to our highest ideals as American citizens," Brewer said in a statement. "Law enforcement will be held accountable should this statute be misused in a fashion that violates an individual's civil rights."

So the "heart" of the law was something police could already do before you signed off on the law? That seems like a pretty stupid law :lmao

ElNono
06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I think it's validated that she feels it as a win for AZ since Im pretty sure everyone against the law would trade the "show your papers" provision for the 3 provisions struck down by the SCOTUS.

You mean everybody but the illegals themselves. The SCOTUS struck down provisions that made it a state crime to for an illegal to be found working, among other things. Brewer will obviously try to save face, but basically this law was destroyed by the SCOTUS.

boutons_deux
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Lamar "old money and a silver spoon up my ass" Smith is a jerk, along with Corn-hole-yn.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
It goes much deeper than just harassment from cops.
It's a waste of LEO time and resources. Waste of money too for lawsuits.

Also, non-whites will now be more vulnerable to crime since dumb criminals would now think that every brown skin person is an illegal and wont go to the cops out of fear of being asked for papers.
Agreed. Illegals are nothing more than a scapegoat Republicans use to make sure middle class Americans will point the finger at another class and stay distracted from the real reason they're poor and living paycheck-to-paycheck.

And yeah, this law will still be interpreted by Arizona rednecks as a license to be racist commit crimes against minorities.

As long as they wait a few years before I'm done with school and get out, I can't wait for these idiots to start crying to secede from the Union. Being able to watch this piece of shit state get overrun by crime, drugs, and the Mexican cartels they think they can do so much about would be hilarious.

pawe
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
You mean everybody but the illegals themselves. The SCOTUS struck down provisions that made it a state crime to for an illegal to be found working, among other things. Brewer will obviously try to save face, but basically this law was destroyed by the SCOTUS.

What matters the most about that law is police are required to ask for papers and can be sued if they wont enforce the provision properly.

The heart of the law was upheld and it trumps everything that were struck down which were:

- Authorize police to arrest without a warrant anyone "the officer has probable cause to believe . . . has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the United States."
- Making it a state crime for an undocumented person to seek or engage in work.
- Making it a state crime to fail to comply with federal alien-registration requirements.

Plus, it's fucking offending to be asked for papers after already spending $20k in USCIS fees.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
pawe, you realize the part about needing to carry immigration papers was struck down, right?

The SCOTUS didn't uphold anything that wasn't already allowed by Federal law.

pawe
06-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah I know but it's still confusing how they would do this and that's why Im fucking pissed right now.

Would they still detain me if Im not carrying my papers and wait til ICE determines my vailidity to stay here? How can I prove Im legal if let's say Im playing ball or in the lake and I dont have my state id with me at that time.

If an illegal got detained, will ICE even do anything as they will be swarmed by calls to process a person. If ICE cant process them immediately, LEOs cant detain a person for a certain amount of time and it's such a waste of time and tax payer's money.

Brewer and Pearce are fucking idiots. They are solving the problem of immigration thru fear and self deportation and the legal immigrants are to suffer the brunt of this.

fraga
06-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Didn't some Arizona law enforcement already say they weren't going to enforce the whole "Papers Please" law anyway...

pawe
06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Didn't some Arizona law enforcement already say they weren't going to enforce the whole "Papers Please" law anyway...

There is a clause saying that agencies can be sued by AZ citizens if they wont uphold the papers please law.

ElNono
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
What matters the most about that law is police are required to ask for papers and can be sued if they wont enforce the provision properly.

Plus, it's fucking offending to be asked for papers after already spending $20k in USCIS fees.

But from an illegal immigrant standpoint, it changes nothing. The worst they're facing is being handed over to ICE and deported, instead of actually facing jail time for a state crime then being deported. In other words, it's effectively the same as it was before the law.

ElNono
06-25-2012, 01:44 PM
There is a clause saying that agencies can be sued by AZ citizens if they wont uphold the papers please law.

Suing doesn't mean they'll prevail. It's hard enough to determine who should be or not be asked for papers, without some sort of racial profiling going on.

Jacob1983
06-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Liberals bitch about state's rights yet they have no problem with states deciding on things such as the death penalty, gambling, and marijuana.

pawe
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
But from an illegal immigrant standpoint, it changes nothing. The worst they're facing is being handed over to ICE and deported, instead of actually facing jail time for a state crime then being deported. In other words, it's effectively the same as it was before the law.

Everyone is thinking that illegal immigrants are only Mexicans. Asians and Europeans can be illegals too as they flew here legally but overstayed their visas.
The flyers will suffer deportation back to their home country with no opportunity to come back...it is much worse as what Latinos will get.

Latinos when deported can cross the borders again while Asians and Europeans cant. So how is that solving the immigration problem when latinos (having the largest number of illegals) will just cross the borders back to AZ? They should just call this get rid of the flyers law.

ElNono
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Everyone is thinking that illegal immigrants are only Mexicans. Asians and Europeans can be illegals too as they flew here legally but overstayed their visas.
The flyers will suffer deportation back to their home country with no opportunity to come back...it is much worse as what Latinos will get.

Well, a good chunk of non-mexican Latinos are on the same boat as Euros and Asians... but, Mexicans outnumber everybody when you actually take a look at the hard numbers. Which is the reason Mexicans are not allowed to participate in the yearly immigration lottery.

Latinos when deported can cross the borders again while Asians and Europeans cant. So how is that solving the immigration problem when latinos (having the largest number of illegals) will just cross the borders back to AZ? They should just call this get rid of the flyers law.

Legally speaking, illegally crossing the border is indeed a felony (which is not necessarily being enforced, but that's another topic), whereas overstaying a legally granted visa is simply an administrative (civil, ie: no jail time) problem.

The reality is that illegal immigration shouldn't be the free-for-all that it is now. Borders should be closely monitored and the current immigration laws do need certain degree of reform, but also should address putting some sort of control into the current situation. I'm an immigrant myself. I understand what the entire legal process looks like from coming in with a valid work visa to actually acquiring citizenship. Right now it's a too bureaucratic process, and too expensive because of that bureaucracy. There's plenty of avenues you can pursue to come over legally. Work, asylum, internship, investment, fiancé, etc, and if you don't fall on any of those categories, maybe you shouldn't be here at all. Just my 2c.

Juggity
06-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Liberals bitch about state's rights yet they have no problem with states deciding on things such as the death penalty, gambling, and marijuana.

:cry libruls :cry

boutons_deux
06-25-2012, 02:37 PM
"Liberals bitch about state's rights"

when? where?

states' rights bitching is usually anti-Federalist/hate guvmint, right-wing spew, going back to the Deep South racists wanting the state right to discriminate against blacks.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Obama made things so shitty all the illegals wanted to go back home so Obama stepped in and said wait a minute guys, don't go! and passed that stupid temporary be@ner order of his, and he gets credit here by some for deporting a few criminals :lol

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
BTW, cops always "had" the right to check immigration status on a stop but it's never enforced and is frowned upon by the Obama administration. They told the cops a long time ago not to arrest any illegals, I personally know illegals who have been stopped without a license or registration and let go with just the speeding ticket and paid it like any ordinary CITIZEN would.

Liberals reaching a new low here.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
:lol if illegals were checked upon getting stopped for traffic violations my ex and one of my homegirls would be loooooooooooooooooooooong gone!

pawe
06-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Legally speaking, illegally crossing the border is indeed a felony (which is not necessarily being enforced, but that's another topic), whereas overstaying a legally granted visa is simply an administrative (civil, ie: no jail time) problem.

The reality is that illegal immigration shouldn't be the free-for-all that it is now. Borders should be closely monitored and the current immigration laws do need certain degree of reform, but also should address putting some sort of control into the current situation. I'm an immigrant myself. I understand what the entire legal process looks like from coming in with a valid work visa to actually acquiring citizenship. Right now it's a too bureaucratic process, and too expensive because of that bureaucracy. There's plenty of avenues you can pursue to come over legally. Work, asylum, internship, investment, fiancé, etc, and if you don't fall on any of those categories, maybe you shouldn't be here at all. Just my 2c.

That is why police officers no matter if they get their 2 hr ICE seminar cannot enforce immigration procedures because it is too broad and too complex.
Also because according to Spurstalk, police officers are dumbasses.
This SB1070 ruling did not resolve anything but bring fear and more expenses in lawsuits, boycotts, training and resources.

There should be a mandate to allow legal immigrants in Arizona to buy discounted ammo to better protect themselves as idiot criminals will think non-whites will be easy targets since they will now be too afraid to call the police when their house is being invaded.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
That is why police officers no matter if they get their 2 hr ICE seminar cannot enforce immigration procedures because it is too broad and too complex.
This SB1070 ruling did not resolve anything but bring fear and more expenses in lawsuits, boycotts, training and resources.

There should be a mandate to allow legal immigrants in Arizona to buy discounted ammo to better protect themselves as idiot criminals will think non-whites will be easy targets since they will now be too afraid to call the police when their house is being invaded.

:cry poor illegals :cry

yeah and after they shoot someone the cops will get called anyway and if they try to cover it up they'll look suspicious of murder :lol

then they can get thrown in the american prison complex and manufacture shit for .23 cents an hour

ElNono
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Well, it's clear it didn't resolve or change anything, but that's not happening until Congress federally addresses it, and unfortunately it's too hot a topic and they're too chickenshit to do anything about it.

Now, don' forget that justices in this case didn't address (because they were not asked to) the potential racial profiling issue with the "papers please" part, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that if supporting evidence builds up on equality being violated in the course of applying such provision, that it won't be challenged again on such grounds.

boutons_deux
06-25-2012, 03:00 PM
then they can get thrown in the american prison complex and manufacture shit for .23 cents an hour

And cost taxpayers $30K year

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
And cost taxpayers $30K year

sure, but that's on your back, the people who own the prisons make quite the profit

tee, hee

circ away, war against men, lower their self esteems and turn them into criminals, nothing to see here, par per etc.

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I never had a problem with police being able to check immigration status on people who were being stopped for something else. That part wasn't unconstitutional at all. If the cops wanna check the immigration status on someone who was also committing a crime they should be able to and were able to prior to SB1070.

God bless.

jack is an idiot. he is stuck on stupid

Adderall
06-25-2012, 03:27 PM

I totally agree. I agree so much that I think the cops should actually start invoking this forgotten authority of theirs. :toast

Jacob1983
06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Liberals say that things like gay marriage and abortion should not be left up to the states yet they have no problem with states ruling on things like gambling, marijuana, the death penalty, etc. . . Double standard, brah.

Sense
06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Obama made things so shitty all the illegals wanted to go back home so Obama stepped in and said wait a minute guys, don't go! and passed that stupid temporary be@ner order of his, and he gets credit here by some for deporting a few criminals :lol

Still ignorant..

BTW, cops always "had" the right to check immigration status on a stop but it's never enforced and is frowned upon by the Obama administration. They told the cops a long time ago not to arrest any illegals, I personally know illegals who have been stopped without a license or registration and let go with just the speeding ticket and paid it like any ordinary CITIZEN would.

Liberals reaching a new low here.

:lmao

:cry poor illegals :cry

yeah and after they shoot someone the cops will get called anyway and if they try to cover it up they'll look suspicious of murder :lol

:lol

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 03:47 PM
What's so funny Stupid, you thought illegals could get a driver's license and insurance?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Liberals say that things like gay marriage and abortion should not be left up to the states yet they have no problem with states ruling on things like gambling, marijuana, the death penalty, etc. . . Double standard, brah.
:lmao you are one stupid fuck

pawe
06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
What's so funny Stupid, you thought illegals could get a driver's license and insurance?

I wish they could. So I dont have to purchase an uninsured motorist protection on my coverage.

pawe
06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Obama just bitch slapped Brewer...again.
She just made things harder for LEOs in AZ.
Ugh, Brewer and Pearce really are dumb bitches!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/25/homeland-security-suspends-immigration-agreements-/

The Obama administration said Monday it is suspending existing agreements with Arizona police over enforcement of federal immigration laws, and said it has issued a directive telling federal authorities to decline many of the calls reporting illegal immigrants that the Homeland Security Department may get from Arizona police.

Administration officials, speaking on condition they not be named, told reporters they expect to see an increase in the number of calls they get from Arizona police — but that won’t change President Obama’s decision to limit whom the government actually tries to detain and deport.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
^thats exactly what I've been saying. The police have long had the legal basis to detain illegals but don't/can't due to obama.

Sense
06-25-2012, 05:26 PM

Actually you'd be surprised how many do have them..

but that's not the point, the point is you're ignorant, and you keep saying the same shit over and over.. "I know ILLEGALS AND THEY GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING! MORE THAN US CITIZENS!" :lol

That's what's funny, Stupid.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
And I'll keep saying it as long as its relevant to the discussion and true.

ElNono
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Arizona H-1B Workers Advised to Carry Papers At All Times

"In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling Monday on Arizona's immigration enforcement law, H-1B workers are being advised to keep their papers on them. About half of all H-1B visa holders are employed in tech occupations. The court struck down several parts of Arizona's law but nonetheless left in place a core provision allowing police officers to check the immigration status of people in the state (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9228486/Supreme_Court_papers_please_ruling_hits_Arizona_H_ 1B_workers) at specific times. How complicated this gets may depend on the training of the police officer, his or her knowledge of work visas, and whether an H-1B worker in the state has an Arizona's driver's license. An Arizona state driver's license provides the presumption of legal residency. Nonetheless, H-1B workers could become entangled in this law and suffer delays and even detention while local police, especially those officers and departments unfamiliar with immigration documentation."

ElNono
06-25-2012, 05:45 PM
per the usual, this is probably going to inconvenience more actual citizens and legal immigrants than the illegals they're after...

pawe
06-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Agreed.
It is not required to have your id with you all the time but because of this, you will have to be sure your wallet is stuffed full of paperworks just to avoid the hassle.

Im sure there will be a few incidents of people intentionally baiting an untrained LEO to question him and refusing to present his id/papers and then sue the police for detaining him because of that.

ploto
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I can't wait for Arizona police to pull over every Hispanic going 1 MPH over the speed limit.

boutons_deux
06-25-2012, 07:49 PM
per the usual, this is probably going to inconvenience more actual citizens and legal immigrants than the illegals they're after...

you mean like TSA harassing 100Ms Americans, at every age and disability, with the bogus security theatre? to catch how many, if any, terrorists?

DarrinS
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
All their landscaping would go to shit if they really enforced this law.

ElNono
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM

In Arizona anyways...

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm honestly fucking offended that all the self hating white liberals who side with the be@ners on this have the audacity to :cry about how this isn't fair to the poor mexicans who might get asked to see some id :cry whenever us american CITIZENS and legal residents can't even go to the airport without getting our peckers groped and our children and wives molested, it's fucking retarded.

oh wait, you don't have to get groped, you can always go through the cancer causing naked body scanners instead :cry

ElNono
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
^ what white liberals?

Drachen
06-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm honestly fucking offended that all the self hating white liberals who side with the be@ners on this have the audacity to :cry about how this isn't fair to the poor mexicans who might get asked to see some id :cry whenever us american CITIZENS and legal residents can't even go to the airport without getting our peckers groped and our children and wives molested, it's fucking retarded.

oh wait, you don't have to get groped, you can always go through the cancer causing naked body scanners instead :cry

Also you are comparing something that happens to everyone to something happening to one subgroup of americans which is kinda the point.

Jacob1983
06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Why is America racist or bigoted for wanting to protect its borders? I've never understood that. People bitch about America not protecting its borders but also bitch about wanting to protects its borders. Make up your minds.

Crossing the border illegally is a crime. It's not racism or someone being a dick to someone else. It's a crime.

mavs>spurs
06-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Because white liberals are taught to self loathe.

mingus
06-26-2012, 01:53 AM
if the govt. really wanted to keep mexican illegals from crossing the border, it probably could. they could theoretically heftily fine businesses who hire illegals. it seems dems and republicans won't touch such a legislation with a 100 ft pole.

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 02:06 AM
if the govt. really wanted to keep mexican illegals from crossing the border, it probably could. they could theoretically heftily fine businesses who hire illegals. it seems dems and republicans won't touch such a legislation with a 100 ft pole.

hey this guy gets it

Wild Cobra
06-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Fixed:

Agreed. Illegals are nothing more than a scapegoat Democrats use to make sure liberals will point the finger at another class and stay distracted from the real reason they're poor and living paycheck-to-paycheck.

And yeah, this law will still be interpreted by Arizona liberals as a license to be racist commit crimes against whites.

As long as they wait a few years before I'm done with school and get out, I can't wait for these idiots to start crying to secede from the Union. Being able to watch this piece of shit state get overrun by crime, drugs, and the Mexican cartels they think they can do so much about would be hilarious.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2012, 03:05 AM
I can't wait for Arizona police to pull over every Hispanic going 1 MPH over the speed limit.
I've been pulled over for more stupid things. they will claim any reason they want if they are checking for any crime, like driving while intoxicated. They stop whites for silly reasons all the time. Are you now going to say a silly reason to stop a minority is racist?

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I've been pulled over for more stupid things. they will claim any reason they want if they are checking for any crime, like driving while intoxicated. They stop whites for silly reasons all the time. Are you now going to say a silly reason to stop a minority is racist?

How do you know they stop whites all of the time for 'silly reasons'?

Ginobilly
06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
first of all, no one human owns land and has the right to physically deport another. The land of the earth belongs to everybody and we have to share. Ya know its morally wrong to be a bigot and racist to these poor (the majority are poor indian Mestizos from the lower Mexcian states) people. What would Jesus do?

boutons_deux
06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Here's some great trashing of Scalia's vehemently supporting AZ's law. He's a JINO, really nothing but a VRWC political tool.

Repugs really know how to put up QUALITY judges.

Justice Scalia Cites Pro-Slavery Laws Excluding ‘Freed Blacks’ To Justify His Anti-Immigrant Opinion

Notwithstanding “[t]he myth of an era of unrestricted immigration” in the first 100 years of the Republic, the States enacted numerous laws restricting the immigration of certain classes of aliens, including convicted crimiLuck_The_Fakers_nals, indigents, persons with contagious diseases, and (in Southern States) freed blacks. State laws not only provided for the removal of unwanted immigrants but also imposed penalties on unlawfully present aliens and those who aided their immigration

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/26/506191/justice-scalia-cites-pro-slavery-laws-excluding-freed-blacks-to-justify-his-anti-immigrant-opinion/

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Here's some great trashing of Scalia's vehemently supporting AZ's law. He's a JINO, really nothing but a VRWC political tool.

Repugs really know how to put up QUALITY judges.

Justice Scalia Cites Pro-Slavery Laws Excluding ‘Freed Blacks’ To Justify His Anti-Immigrant Opinion

Notwithstanding “[t]he myth of an era of unrestricted immigration” in the first 100 years of the Republic, the States enacted numerous laws restricting the immigration of certain classes of aliens, including convicted crimiLuck_The_Fakers_nals, indigents, persons with contagious diseases, and (in Southern States) freed blacks. State laws not only provided for the removal of unwanted immigrants but also imposed penalties on unlawfully present aliens and those who aided their immigration

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/26/506191/justice-scalia-cites-pro-slavery-laws-excluding-freed-blacks-to-justify-his-anti-immigrant-opinion/

scalia is sandusky creepy..

TeyshaBlue
06-26-2012, 12:19 PM
How do you know they stop whites all of the time for 'silly reasons'?

I'd stop you just for your hair.

jack sommerset
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
scalia is sandusky creepy..

I'm praying for you and your family. Classless remark. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm praying for you and your family. Classless remark. God bless

coming from a classless guy..gfy

jack sommerset
06-26-2012, 03:49 PM
coming from a classless guy..gfy

You're better than this. You're sig with the letter from your child says you are better than this. Be yourself brother. You're only cheating yourself with these foolish remarks. God bless

Agloco
06-26-2012, 04:18 PM

In Arizona anyways...

Xeriscaping tbh. Alls I need is a bottle of weed killer.

That said, I'm a bit nervous about being pulled over.

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 05:22 PM
:lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/arizona-immigration-law-border-crossings_n_1625956.html

Arizona Immigration Law: GOP Criticisms Disputed By Data Saying Crime, Border Crossings Have Dropped
Posted: 06/26/2012 9:24 am Updated: 06/26/2012 3:54 pm

WASHINGTON -- Illegal immigration has fallen precipitously and border enforcement is at an all-time high, but that's hard to tell from statements Republicans blasted out Monday after the Supreme Court struck down much of Arizona's immigration law.

The court let stand the provision requiring local law enforcers to demand immigration papers from those whom officers reasonably suspect are in the country without authorization., but threw out three provisions of the law that made it a crime to be in the United States without documentation.

Many Republicans hammered the White House for fighting the now-unconstitutional law, saying it distracted from securing the border.

“Illegal immigration is one of the biggest crises facing our nation," said Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.). "Given the Obama administration’s refusal to secure our borders, it is of paramount importance that states be able to address the issue in their local communities.”

"The Arizona law was born out of the state’s frustration with the burdens that illegal immigration and continued drug smuggling impose on its schools, hospitals, criminal justice system and fragile desert environment, and an administration that chooses to set enforcement policies based on a political agenda, not the laws as written by Congress," said Arizona Republican Sens. Jon Kyl and John McCain in a joint statement. "We will continue our efforts on behalf of the citizens of Arizona to secure our southern border."

"It's time for the federal government to step up to its constitutional responsibility to secure our borders," said former GOP White House contender Rick Santorum.

“Throughout the past three years, President Obama and his administration have ignored our immigration laws and have encouraged more illegal immigration by their actions," said Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas). "President Obama has abused his executive branch authority to allow potentially millions of illegal immigrants to live and work in the U.S."

But statistics on illegal immigration and border enforcement tell a different tale.

According to the most recent year-end reports from Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol apprehensions fell to 340,252 in 2011 -- a 53 percent drop since 2008, when nearly 724,000 border-crossers were nabbed.

At the same time, the number of border agents hit a high of 21,444, according to CBP. Most agents -- 18,500 -- now are on the Southwest border. There were about 10,000 agents total in 2004.

Even with fewer targets, patrols in the Southwest dramatically boosted the amounts of drugs, guns and cash seized over the last three years compared to 2006 through 2008. Seventy-four percent more money, 41 percent more drugs, and 159 percent more weapons, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

And, in spite of the crime allegations, DHS said that according to 2010 FBI reports, violent crimes in the Southwest border states dropped by an average of 40 percent in the last two decades. Since 2008, crime rates have fallen in each Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas.

Part of the reason for that progress is funding for border security, which Congress has consistently boosted, most recently in 2010, passing a bill by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) that sent $600 million to border enforcement.

Another factor driving down illegal immigration is the poor economy. Migration from Mexico has recently reversed, with more Mexican immigrants leaving the United States. Record deportations under Obama, whose administration shipped nearly 400,000 undocumented immigrants out of the country last year including many with criminal records, also is a factor.

boutons_deux
06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Michael Tomasky on Antonin Scalia, the Lawless Supreme Court Justice

Supreme Court Justices usually keep quiet about matters that might come before the court—or they recuse themselves. But Antonin Scalia thinks the rules don’t apply to him.

For Scalia, legal propriety is absurdly quaint. He doesn’t answer to a nation. He answers to a cadre, a vanguard, of which he is a cherished member.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/26/michael-tomasky-on-antonin-scalia-the-lawless-supreme-court-justice.html

JINO scumbag, you're typical Repug judge.

Jacob1983
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM
America needs to make up its mind on when it comes to illegal immigration. If it's a crime, treat it as a crime. If it's not a crime, shut the fuck up about it. Stop dicking around the issue and come up with a solution.

mavs>spurs
06-28-2012, 01:10 AM

yeah when i used to work late i'd get harassed and pulled over like once a week it was a blast didn't know its a crime to be young and out late

ElNono
06-28-2012, 03:01 AM
America needs to make up its mind on when it comes to illegal immigration. If it's a crime, treat it as a crime. If it's not a crime, shut the fuck up about it. Stop dicking around the issue and come up with a solution.

America already did. It's a crime if you are caught crossing the border illegally and an administrative (civil) offense when you're caught in the US without a valid immigration status.

Is it time to change the laws? Does it even matter if the border keeps leaking like a sieve?