PDA

View Full Version : Bulls, Mavs, Pacers and Wolves pursuing Brandon Roy

lefty
06-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent Brandon Roy. tinyurl.com/84fd6tj

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 12:47 AM
because he has so much left in the tank with his lack of knees

HeatChamps
06-26-2012, 12:52 AM
lol Mavs

DeadlyDynasty
06-26-2012, 12:56 AM
yawn

Spurs da champs
06-26-2012, 01:07 AM
The Bulls are pathetic,they just want a washed up side kick for Derrick Rose instead of another cornerstone.

But any team who offers Roy more then a minimum contract is gonna be disappointed.

Kai
06-26-2012, 01:39 AM
He got Kobe's magic German happy ending treatments on his knees. He's got a chance to contribute. Chicago would be cool.

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Worth a shot. Comes cheap... low risk/ high reward kind of thing

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 02:08 AM

for the minimum? hell yeah. but will he accept that? i have my doubts

HeatChamps
06-26-2012, 02:10 AM
He is done. Low risk/low reward.

AussieFanKurt
06-26-2012, 03:30 AM
I thought his knees were that bad

racm
06-26-2012, 04:26 AM
I thought his knees were that bad

Eh, if Blair can provide you quality minutes in the regular season with no knees, then Roy and his German knees should be good as a 20 mpg sixth man, right?

Latarian Milton
06-26-2012, 04:32 AM
dude looks done but he's still worth a try imho, ain't hurting the team if he could be signed for min. doubt he could come back 100% after spendin one year in retirement, best wishes to him though

racm
06-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Brandon Roy on two repaired knees should be at least as good as Mike Miller with back problems right?

Latarian Milton
06-26-2012, 04:41 AM

don't think he could bring anything big to them mavs tbh, nigga won't fill the gap at C where reinforcement is needed most. dallas better give a trial offer to anyother former NBA player who also retired in summer last year, the 7'6 fag even in wheelchair would still be a better option then contract whore tbh

but the problem is mr. 7'6 got mute banned from NBA and ain't allowed to play here ever again according to my sources, he never thought of retirement and it was the league that forced him to do so. fans knew the news of his retirement earlier than he did tbh, he was shocked as shit upon the arrival of the news when he was enjoying his holiday in china tbh, and from that minute on he knew he ain't never gonna need a flight ticket back to the USA :rollin

racm
06-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Isn't it awfully convenient that a season after Yao retires Jeremy Lin rises? :lmao

Xylus
06-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Why isn't Phoenix pursuing this guy? Our training staff proved they could resurrect the fossilized remains of Grant Hill, Nash, and Shaq, why not make a run for Brandon Roy? I'd say he's more low-risk, medium-reward than anything. He'll take any amount of money at this point, I spect.

m>s
06-26-2012, 09:16 AM
if he signs a minimum and performs at his old level then the investment/output ratio would be excellent. its not at all a gamble to sign minimum players for shit prices imho, just waive their asses if they turn out to suck. although his health condition is very questionable at this point of time, you'd still need more then a minimum contract to acquire his service as teams heat up the pursuit for him.

nigga's out of contract and he still wants to ball, but don't make it sound like he's one of them guys who're occupying the wall street in NY tbh :lol

Xylus
06-26-2012, 09:19 AM
if he signs a minimum and performs at his old level then the investment/output ratio would be excellent. Its not at all a gamble to sign minimum players for shit prices imho, just waive their asses if they turn out to suck. Although his health condition is very questionable at this point of time, you'd still need more then a minimum contract to acquire his service as teams heat up the pursuit for him.

Nigga's out of contract and he still wants to ball, but don't make it sound like he's one of them guys who're occupying the wall street in ny tbh :lol

+1

tlongII
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
B-Roy might be able to play 1 out of every 4 games. If that is enough to help you then go for it. The dude has no cartilage in his knees. None. His knees will balloon up after every game he plays and then he will have to wait until the swelling subsides. I wish him nothing but the best because he is a great, great player. Unfortunately he is done.

Budkin
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Didn't he retire?

Xylus
06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
He did, but recently posted on Twitter that he wanted to return and was trying hard to do so.

Spurs9
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Wtf? I thought he retired? Didn't the Blazers have to pay him like $60million? Theres no clause in there that he can't resign in x amount of time?

pass1st
06-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I thought Broy had some degenerative bone disease or something and his balling days were done for good. Those Germans sure have some top notch doctors if they somehow fixed that.

Reck
06-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Honestly, I dont blame these teams for pursuing him.

The lack of talent in the NBA right now is at a all time low.

stretch
06-26-2012, 04:01 PM
The lack of talent in the NBA right now is at a all time low.

The lack of IQ in this statement is at an all time low.

Reck
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
The lack of IQ in this statement is at an all time low.

From those that are available, make a list. Dont rush..

Samuel Eto'o
06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
in the NBA

From those that are available

Kidd K
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I hope the Bulls get him tbh. Rip was a bust, and even Roy with arthritic knees would both be better now and better long term. So it's an upgrade across the board.

Wolves aren't getting him unless they overpay. Pacers likely won't get him either unless they overpay. I could see him playing for Dallas or Chicago though. I hope it's Chicago.

because he has so much left in the tank with his lack of knees

There are ways to play with and deal with the knee condition that he has. His career isn't done, his minutes just need to be limited to extend his career.

tlongII
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope the Bulls get him tbh. Rip was a bust, and even Roy with arthritic knees would both be better now and better long term. So it's an upgrade across the board.

Wolves aren't getting him unless they overpay. Pacers likely won't get him either unless they overpay. I could see him playing for Dallas or Chicago though. I hope it's Chicago.

There are ways to play with and deal with the knee condition that he has. His career isn't done, his minutes just need to be limited to extend his career.

I don't think you understand. He has no cartilage in his knees. It is bone on bone.

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 09:19 PM
i wonder if they can pioneer some sort of cartilage regeneration via stem cells, they can regenerate virtually everything else. or at the very least put in a synthetic substitute.

DMC
06-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I recall a washed up TC getting rejected by OKC and picked up by Dallas a couple years ago. You never know.

ace3g
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Former Portland Trail Blazers star Brandon Roy has narrowed his free-agent finalists to the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors, league sources said. He expects to hold meetings with those teams over the next several days.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--brandon-roy-to-meet-with-bulls--pacers--mavericks-and-timberwolves.html

racm
06-30-2012, 07:01 PM

The problem for Chicago is that they need a secondary scorer who can create for himself. Jordan didn't win jack until they got Pippen and the triangle.

ace3g
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
rumor is he has agreed to 2 year, $10 million contract with Wolves

lefty
07-05-2012, 10:20 PM
rumor is he has agreed to 2 year, $10 million contract with Wolves

Yup

Confirmed by DA

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
2 years 10M for a guy who retired due to injury. Ok. Better be non-guaranteed.

jeebus
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
lol tlong?