PDA

View Full Version : Billups on the Heat?

rayjayjohnson
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Rumors he wants to sign with the Heat.

Thoughts?

jacobdrj
06-26-2012, 08:18 AM
It would be a good fit for both him and the Heat, assuming he can stay healthy...

The Clippers' success is fool's gold...

rayjayjohnson
06-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Clippers are going to be worse next year. I think they'll struggle to make the playoffs.

Think about it:
OKC are a lock.
Lakers are never to be written off.
Mavs should be OK
Rockets are on the up, should be better, ditto Jazz.
Nuggs should get stronger, Grizz will also keep improving.
Spurs probably have one last playoff push left in them.

I don't see a space for the shitty Clippers.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2012, 08:26 AM
How is this a good fit for the Heat?

m>s
06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
he's setting himself to play a gary payton role and he's planning to go where gary payton went

1 ring just not enough for him, we know

Ace
06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
No thanks

TIMMYtoZO
06-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Not going to happen, and thank god it isn't.

baseline bum
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't want him even before the Achilles tear. Who wants a TOSB low-percentage chucker?

Venti Quattro
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Who wants a TOSB low-percentage chucker?
The Lakers are paying $60 million over two years for one. :tu

baseline bum
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM

True, but Billups is completely finished and injured on top of that. He's maybe one step above Wilt or Bias when it comes to free-agent signings.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2012, 01:18 PM
True, but Billups is completely finished and injured on top of that. He's maybe one step above Wilt or Bias when it comes to free-agent signings.

:lol Bias
:lol cokehead
:lol dead
:lol Bill Simmons
:lol LnGrrrr

pass1st
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
:lol Bias
:lol cokehead
:lol dead
:lol Bill Simmons
:lol LnGrrrr

Could have been one of the greats, had all the tools :depressed

DMC
06-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Could have been one of the greats, had all the tools :depressed
Except a defibrillator.

pass1st
06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Except a defibrillator.

:depressed

R.I.P

ducks
06-26-2012, 10:15 PM
suppodesly ray allen wants to go there to

DMC
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Bet Ace can't wait to see Ray's mom in the audience in Miami.

Bandwagon here we come. Payton/Malone would be proud.

Ace
06-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Bet Ace can't wait to see Ray's mom in the audience in Miami.

Bandwagon here we come. Payton/Malone would be proud.

Spo wouldn't know how to use him and rather see more minutes for James Jones. Center or bust...

Clipper Nation
06-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Nah, CP3 is trying to get Billups to come back, and Chauncey himself has hinted that he wants to come back, tbh....

Clipper Nation
06-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Clippers are going to be worse next year. I think they'll struggle to make the playoffs.... I don't see a space for the shitty Clippers.
I heard the same shit last year even after we got CP3, B...

Ice009
06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Hey Baseline, how good was Bias?

I watched some Youtube videos of him a while back and it seemed like he had a feathery soft jump shot. One of the purest shots I've seen actually. Video footage was pretty shit, but his jumper looked great. I still can't get over this block where his hand was at the top of the backboard.

He also had a similar physique to Lebron. Could have been a real beast of a player, and to top it off he was supposed to play for the Celtics with Larry Bird. That's kind of crazy.

Venti Quattro
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM

I watched some Youtube videos of him a while back and it seemed like he had a feathery soft jump shot. One of the purest shots I've seen actually. Video footage was pretty shit, but his jumper looked great. I still can't get over this block where his hand was at the top of the backboard.

He also had a similar physique to Lebron. Could have been a real beast of a player, and to top it off he was supposed to play for the Celtics with Larry Bird. That's kind of crazy.

This is how good Len Bias was: Larry Bird could have played through the mid to late 90's with him and they'd still contend.

Venti Quattro
06-27-2012, 02:17 AM
And they could have won in 85, 87 and 88 and challenged Isiah's Pistons and Jordan's Bulls.

NickiRasgo
06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
I saw Ray Allen too.

100%duncan
06-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Chauncey said he'll comeback to the Clips next year.

The Weiner
06-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Dont want him, dont need him.

Budkin
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
I hear ______ wants to join the Heat. I heard it.

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 02:16 PM

He was a lot like LeBron in terms of being an athletic physically overpowering SF, and a lot of people considered him the best prospect since Jordan coming into that draft. The Celtics would have likely repeated with him and could have realistically been the greatest team all-time (the 86 Celtics he joined are already top 5 alltime). If you snoop around on the web you might be able to find a copy of an NCAA tournament game between his Maryland team and DRob's Naval Academy team.

Ashy Larry
06-27-2012, 02:54 PM

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

Ashy Larry
06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
He was a lot like LeBron in terms of being an athletic physically overpowering SF, and a lot of people considered him the best prospect since Jordan coming into that draft. The Celtics would have likely repeated with him and could have realistically been the greatest team all-time (the 86 Celtics he joined are already top 5 alltime). If you snoop around on the web you might be able to find a copy of an NCAA tournament game between his Maryland team and DRob's Naval Academy team.

Bias was going into the perfect situation ...... could have learned so much from that C's front court and with Larry breaking down, you could have had him taking many regular season minutes from Bird which would have had him fresh for the playoffs ...... Would he have been mentally tough for that C's-Pistons series, I really don't know ......

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Bias was going into the perfect situation ...... could have learned so much from that C's front court and with Larry breaking down, you could have had him taking many regular season minutes from Bird which would have had him fresh for the playoffs ...... Would he have been mentally tough for that C's-Pistons series, I really don't know ......

He would have been great filling in minutes when McHale was breaking down that year though. Bird was pretty healthy in 87; seems like it was about 89 or so when his body just started giving out.

Ice009
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info. I will look around for that Maryland game against D-Rob's team. For some reason, after Lebron won it all, I thought about Bias because of his build and the potential that he had at SF. Not many players have Lebron's size or physical abilities, but from what I saw, Bias was close. His jumper looked a lot better than Lebron's too.

ViceCity86
06-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Miami is better off with young PGs in Chalmers and Cole.They should try to land a big or another shooter if Miller and Jones retire.

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Crap, I went back and watched some of that game a little earlier and saw he was only 195 lbs at the time (I think it was the season before the year he got drafted). So much for him being like LeBron and for my lousy memory. :lol

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Damnit, I put the intro to that game in my sig and it's not showing up.

Ice009
06-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Crap, I went back and watched some of that game a little earlier and saw he was only 195 lbs at the time (I think it was the season before the year he got drafted). So much for him being like LeBron and for my lousy memory. :lol

lol I guess I am wrong too, but he looked a lot bigger than that weight suggests. His physique was awesome. Got a link to that game? I've got signatures turned off.

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
lol I guess I am wrong too, but he looked a lot bigger than that weight suggests. His physique was awesome. Got a link to that game? I've got signatures turned off.

Nah, sorry; don't know where to get the full game.

Ice009
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Nah, sorry; don't know where to get the full game.

If you ever come across it PM me and I'll do the same.

baseline bum
06-27-2012, 09:32 PM
If you ever come across it PM me and I'll do the same.

Apparently the only links to it were on megaupload. :depressed