PDA

View Full Version : Rockets trade Chase Budinger to Minnesota for #18 pick

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Rockets have dealt Chase Budinger to Minn for 18th pick, source said.

Hmm...

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Sam Amick
According to @wojyahoonba, Houston also sends rights to Israeli Lior Eliyahu. The Rockets - who want assets for a Dwight Howard Deal - now have No. 14, No. 16 and No. 18 and are going to make it very difficult for Orlando to say no. Houston GM Daryl Morey has shown a willingness to deal for Howard despite the fact that he doesn't want to come and isn't likely to stay beyond next season.

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
F Chase Budinger tells FOX 26 being traded to T-Wolves did not shock him. "the Rockets want to do something and they have got to pay for it.

m>s
06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
morey the genius will then deal all his 3 first round picks for a top5 plus maybe a couple 2nd rounders, ain't much difference between a late 1st round pick and an early 2nd round pick imho

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
I heard last night that the Warriors' #7 is in play as Houston tries to line up the Orlando/Dwight offer.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I'd pay to see Dragic dish it to Dwight.

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
The fact they were able to deal one of their players for a first rounder vs a pick is huge; especially since it was not a top 5 player on their team. They now are in a good position to get a top 10 pick by either using a player or combo of picks (or both).

I. Hustle
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
So... trade away three decent picks in a decent draft for a guy that will play one season then leave?

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Also, Parsons play made chase easily expendable - especially if offered the 18th pick.

VBM
06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
So... trade away three decent picks in a decent draft for a guy that will play one season then leave?

Houston's tired of mediocrity. This allows them to go for broke in a Dwight deal, and if he leaves, they can tank for a couple of top 5 lotto picks over the next couple of seasons.

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Well depending on what they do, one season of:

Lowry/Martin/Parsons/Scola/Dwight is pretty damn good.

racm
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
So the Rockets now have #14/#16/#18 to play with in a trade, huh.

If Hennigan bites and uses this to start a rebuild of the Magic while sending an expiring contract (of a team cancer, no less), Orlando wins out.

Of course, it may involve the Dubs' #7.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Houston's tired of mediocrity. This allows them to go for broke in a Dwight deal, and if he leaves, they can tank for a couple of top 5 lotto picks over the next couple of seasons.
This. Either D-Will comes along and Dwight stays, or Dwight leaves. The Rockets would finally have a direction.

racm
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM

Enough to contend for a mid-seed, assuming Dwight is at least 90% of his pre-injury self.

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 09:49 AM
:lol at all the talk about sending Kmart to Minny for that pick. Chase only.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
Source close to me tells me that Rockets are now in talks with the Golden State Warriors in hopes to acquire the 7th overall pick

Xylus
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM

Lowry over Dragic, are you serious?

racm
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
So #14/16/18 (or two of the three) to Dubs for #7?

Also, given how much Lowry hates McHale I think any combination of those picks with Lowry for #7 would be useful.

The Warriors gain a good PG as injury insurance for Steph Curry while getting a few young prospects. Of course this doesn't cover their bad SF position :lmao Richard Jefferson

VBM
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Lowry won't be there. It'd be Goran "The Dream" Dragic running the show.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Marc Stein (http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine): Trade story add: Dwight obviously Rockets' dream target but sources say they'll pursue Atlanta's Josh Smith (and others) if ORL won't budge 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/217630824059772928)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1yuZAh0Vb

racm
06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
So possible scenarios for HOU:

Trade 14/16/18 and/or Lowry to GSW for 7
Trade 7 and/or Lowry to ORL for D12

Trade 14/16/18 to GSW for 7
Trade 7 and Lowry to ATL for JSmoove

VBM
06-26-2012, 09:59 AM
So possible scenarios for HOU:

Trade 14/16/18 and/or Lowry to GSW for 7
Trade 7 and/or Lowry to ORL for D12

Trade 14/16/18 to GSW for 7
Trade 7 and Lowry to ATL for JSmoove

It'll take two top-10 picks for the Rox to get Dwight, I think

racm
06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
It'll take two top-10 picks for the Rox to get Dwight, I think

So:

14/16/18 to 'Cats for 2
Lowry to Dubs for 7
2/7 to Magic for D12

That right?

Also, Budinger/Love/Pekovic would be the whitest frontcourt since the days of Bird. :lol

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see where Lowry and Martin end up.

VBM
06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
So:

14/16/18 to 'Cats for 2
Lowry to Dubs for 7
2/7 to Magic for D12

That right?

Also, Budinger/Love/Pekovic would be the whitest frontcourt since the days of Bird. :lol

I saw somewhere that the King's pick would be the one moving, not the Bobcat pick. Dalembert was going to be involved I believe.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Uhhh.....

clambake
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
no doubt this thing was cooked up by cuban.

VBM
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Hopefully this lights a fire under Pop's ass. Southwest division reloading.

racm
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Uhhh.....

Rox with a starting five of Dragic/Evans/Parsons/Scola/D12?

Crap the SW Division turned into hell :ihit:lmao

clambake
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
go to houston for a year while your house is being built in dallas.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Source involved in Houston-Kings talks says the Rockets have not offered the No. 14, No. 16 pick and Kyle Lowry for Tyreke Evans and No. 5.
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

lol so much smoke

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Rox with a starting five of Dragic/Evans/Parsons/Scola/D12?

Crap the SW Division turned into hell :ihit:lmao
Evans would be sent to Orlando or Atlanta.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Hopefully this lights a fire under Pop's ass. Southwest division reloading.
What would Pop do?

Do Spurs fans think he completely controls player personnel?

VBM
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
What would Pop do?

Do Spurs fans think he completely controls player personnel?

Whether the opposite is reported or not, I don't think RC pulls the trigger on anything without Pop signing off.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Whether the opposite is reported or not, I don't think RC pulls the trigger on anything without Pop signing off.

Fair enough. I think there's some slight Poppism going on here, but I'll let it slide.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Just let us keep Parsons :lol

@ChandlerParsons: About to be a crazy couple days!

racm
06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
go to houston for a year while your house is being built in dallas.

This is gonna hurt the Mavs in the short term though

racm
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Just let us keep Parsons :lol

If Morey isn't a total moron you'll keep him. The guy was a steal and made it into the starting lineup even as a mid 2nd rounder, ironically just like Budinger, while the guy the Rox drafted at 14th didn't even crack the rotation.

TimmehC
06-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Sac would have to be mentally challenged not to take that.

eisfeld
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Barea, Love, Milicic, Ridnour, Budinger, Pekovic, Miller ....
the new Jazz?

Edit: Even forgot Rubio

Xylus
06-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Morey raped us with the Dragic+Pick for Aaron Brooks trade. There were Suns fans defending it at the time, but it's a huge heist in hindsight.

Kai
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Morey raped us with the Dragic+Pick for Aaron Brooks trade. There were Suns fans defending it at the time, but it's a huge heist in hindsight.

Morey is a wizard when it comes to filling the team up with contributors/upgrading. He's constantly pulling a rabbit out of his hat. (Scola, anyone?) It's that pesky goal of getting a star that he's struggled with so far. Hopefully it happens Thursday.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Didn't Dragic shoot like 65% in the 4th quarter for you guys as a starter? Can I kill myself now?

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Kyle Montgomery (http://twitter.com/the_realkylem): Rockets making some moves. Budinger to T'wolves for 18th pick. I'm hearing there could be more soon to follow. Kyle Lowry?? 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/the_realkylem/statuses/217653211107041280)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1yuw2zEJb

Xylus
06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like Goran Dragic will be the starting PG for your Houston Rockets.

Good move.

Kai
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Dragic is still kickin it with McHale and the Rockets staff, constantly posts pictures on twitter wearing his rockets shit :lol

I wonder how much it would hurt his feelings if we gave Deron a call if we pulled a Dwight trade... Can't be much worse than when we traded him to NO :lmao

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Dragic is still kickin it with McHale and the Rockets staff, constantly posts pictures on twitter wearing his rockets shit :lol

I wonder how much it would hurt his feelings if we gave Deron a call if we pulled a Dwight trade... Can't be much worse than when we traded him to NO :lmao
Dragic didn't take it personal, unlike those midol cramp havin' Lowry and Martin.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
http://c0014344.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_ce7d71e

http://p.twimg.com/AvI0nmoCQAETOz7.jpg:large

Didn't know he had a brother. Zoran Dragic :lol

dougp
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Living in Houston, I get a kick out of stuff like this. Why do they want to live in mediocrity? Use this stuff to rebuild, not go after D-Ho and play around in the middle of the pack. You want to be like the Pacers / Thunder, not like the Nets.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Living in Houston, I get a kick out of stuff like this. Why do they want to live in mediocrity? Use this stuff to rebuild, not go after D-Ho and play around in the middle of the pack. You want to be like the Pacers / Thunder, not like the Nets.

They want to win now, but they're not bad enough to lose like the Nets now. It's time they picked a direction. You get Dwight, possibly Deron too. If Dwight walks, then you're bad enough to get top picks for a couple of years.

TIMMYtoZO
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM

:lol Indiana doesn't have much of a future with that current roster because they don't have a superstar.

clambake
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
look, its already in stone that you get dwight for 1 year........while his back injury recovers.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
The Rockets have been busy working to add draft picks, and already have a nice collection started. They own the 14th and 16th picks on their own, and just acquired the 18th selection when they traded Chase Budinger to the Minnesota Timberwolves. There are also a couple of prominent rumors that have them grabbing a couple more picks between now and the draft on Thursday.

The Sacramento Kings own the fifth pick in the draft, and several rumors have the Rockets acquiring that pick via trade. The rumor that seems to be gaining the most momentum has Houston sending former Kings center Samuel Dalembert and the 16th pick to Sacramento for the fifth pick. DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony recently reported that one possible deal involved Houston taking back Tyreke Evans and sending Kyle Lowry, the 14th and 16th to Sacramento, though Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick has since shot down that rumor.

Nathan89
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
The rumor that seems to be gaining the most momentum has Houston sending former Kings center Samuel Dalembert and the 16th pick to Sacramento for the fifth pick.

Terrible trade for the Kings.

If they want that they can have Splitter plus some pieces. Why would they want 31yo Dalembert.?

dougp
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
They want to win now, but they're not bad enough to lose like the Nets now. It's time they picked a direction. You get Dwight, possibly Deron too. If Dwight walks, then you're bad enough to get top picks for a couple of years.

They're not going to win right now, with or with out DHow. It's a stupid trade, and they should utilize the picks now to go after players or picks in the future so they can rebuild in a year or two. The Sonics and Blazers both did it, as well as the Pacers. Next year everyone will be calling for Morey's head when DHow leaves.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
They're not going to win right now, with or with out DHow. It's a stupid trade, and they should utilize the picks now to go after players or picks in the future so they can rebuild in a year or two. The Sonics and Blazers both did it, as well as the Pacers. Next year everyone will be calling for Morey's head when DHow leaves.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA Deron Williams had narrowed down his list to Brooklyn and Dallas. However, if Dwight Howard is traded to Houston, everything changes.

Dwight won't leave if Deron signs with the Rockets.

TIMMYtoZO
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM

:lol Portland didn't even win a playoff series, and they are having to start all over again. The Pacers are stuck in mediocrity with that core.

Houston ought to go all out for a superstar. This is a superstar driven league. You take that chance.

Kai
06-26-2012, 12:34 PM
If Dwight was serious about walking, he would have already done so. It's obvious that the pay raise and extra year that comes with re-signing is important to Dwight. He just wants to have his cake and eat it too by forcing a trade to Brooklyn.

Morey is just showing the rest of the league that it's okay to have to have the balls to question a superstar's priorities.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Per Sam Amico

"The Rockets’ talks with the Kings for the No. 5 pick seem to be serious. No word, exactly, on what the Rockets would offer, but odds are, it somehow involves big man Luis Scola."

TimmehC
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
A Scola/Cousins frontcourt is nasty.

dougp
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
:lol Portland didn't even win a playoff series, and they are having to start all over again. The Pacers are stuck in mediocrity with that core.

Houston ought to go all out for a superstar. This is a superstar driven league. You take that chance.

Portland did well, but it's also not their fault that they got hit with a seriously big injury plague. As for the Pacers, they can make a play/push for a star if they feel it's necessary. Granger has the *ability* but that doesn't mean he can be a star to push his team.

And even if this is a superstar driven league, DHow doesn't guarantee anything besides just as much mediocrity that Yao provided for years. It also doesn't guarantee DWill will come either, just increases the chances.

Dwight won't leave if Deron signs with the Rockets.

Remember back when Elton Brand and Baron Davis were going to team up? Don't expect that shit to actually work unless you sign DWill and then trade for DHow. Same can be said for CP3 to the Knicks like Melo and Amare were talking up.

Per Sam Amico

"The Rockets’ talks with the Kings for the No. 5 pick seem to be serious. No word, exactly, on what the Rockets would offer, but odds are, it somehow involves big man Luis Scola."

Give up a player who would play extremely well alongside DHow - if I were the Rockets, I'd give up anyone besides Scola. Give the Kings Kevin Martin back.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Portland did well, but it's also not their fault that they got hit with a seriously big injury plague. As for the Pacers, they can make a play/push for a star if they feel it's necessary. Granger has the *ability* but that doesn't mean he can be a star to push his team.

And even if this is a superstar driven league, DHow doesn't guarantee anything besides just as much mediocrity that Yao provided for years. It also doesn't guarantee DWill will come either, just increases the chances.

Remember back when Elton Brand and Baron Davis were going to team up? Don't expect that shit to actually work unless you sign DWill and then trade for DHow. Same can be said for CP3 to the Knicks like Melo and Amare were talking up.

Give up a player who would play extremely well alongside DHow - if I were the Rockets, I'd give up anyone besides Scola. Give the Kings Kevin Martin back.
Given Yao being injury riddled, go back and look at the supporting cast McGrady and Yao had from 04-07, then get back to me. And no, the only guarantee of mediocrity is getting the 14th pick every goddamn year.

Xylus
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Terrible trade for the Kings.

If they want that they can have Splitter plus some pieces. Why would they want 31yo Dalembert.?

Lol, why would anyone want Splitter over Dalembert?

Bill_Brasky
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
This has huge potential to blow up in the Rockets' faces.

I'll be monitoring.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM

I'll be monitoring.
lol how? Please explain.

dougp
06-26-2012, 01:39 PM
lol how? Please explain.

If you don't see it, then only a pretty name makes you happy. Good for you.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM

I'll be monitoring.

Reads out something that DPG will say in here.

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2012, 01:56 PM
- can that poster please stop referring to Howard as DHow?:lol..are you fucking serious, b?..

- Scola and Cousins frontcourt would be the worst defensive frontcourt in NBA history:lol..

- Rockets should go all-in, as Timmy2Zostradamus stated..:lol why would your goal be the Indiana Pacers, tbh?..Howard is inarguably a top 3 player in the NBA, and only Lebron has more 2-way impact..

dougp
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
- can that poster please stop referring to Howard as DHow?:lol..are you fucking serious, b?..

- Scola and Cousins frontcourt would be the worst defensive frontcourt in NBA history:lol..

- Rockets should go all-in, as Timmy2Zostradamus stated..:lol why would your goal be the Indiana Pacers, tbh?..Howard is inarguably a top 3 player in the NBA, and only Lebron has more 2-way impact..

- I apologize, I will now refer to him as Dwight 'Motherfuckin' Howard for you.

- I don't know why anyone would think that front court would be a good combination, I agree with you.

- Pacers aren't really a goal, but they rebuilt their team very well. Sorry that a few of you can't see that. Dwight 'Motherfuckin' Howard is a top 3? Durant, LeBron, Kobe. I've seen Dwight 'Motherfuckin' Howard held down in scoring because he gets frustrated and just throws shit up. Top 3 defensively? Yes. His offense might step up with someone like Nash, Rondo, Deron or CP3 - but it's doubtful any of those would go to Houston.

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Lol, why would anyone want Splitter over Dalembert?

The same reason people would want Lowry over Dragic. You scoffed at that when in reality it's silly for you to scoff at.

Dalembert isn't some great player. He's average. There could be several reasons a team might want Tiago over Dalembert.

crc21209
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Renting Dwight for a year while giving up alot is a pretty damn big risk if you ask me. I just don't see the new GM of the Magic trading Dwight so quick either....

crc21209
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM
And it's been said a million times, Dwight wants to be in Brooklyn and nowhere else. So if Dwight gets traded to Houston, he's gonna be the same ol' little bitch that he was in Orlando....

Xylus
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
The same reason people would want Lowry over Dragic. You scoffed at that when in reality it's silly for you to scoff at.

Dalembert isn't some great player. He's average. There could be several reasons a team might want Tiago over Dalembert.

This isn't some SAT question, Lowry:Dragic :/: Dalembert:Splitter

Dragic is a proven commodity, Lowry is a proven cancer, they have nothing to do with Dalembert and Splitter.

LkrFan
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I'd pay to see Dragic dish it to Dwight.

This. I like Dragic's game. But will D-12 be healthy?

crc21209
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
:lol

Amid a report that stated the Houston Rockets are hoping to amass enough trade assets to make a deal with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard – even though Howard would only be in Houston for one season before becoming an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013 — a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/25/not-a-chance-dwight-howard-stays-in-houston-if-traded-there/#?ls=iref:nbahpt1

DPG21920
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
This isn't some SAT question, Lowry:Dragic :/: Dalembert:Splitter

Dragic is a proven commodity, Lowry is a proven cancer, they have nothing to do with Dalembert and Splitter.

crc21209
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Sam Amick
Source close to Brooklyn PG Deron Williams says Houston not likely to be added to his free agency wish list even if the Rockets get Dwight Howard. Williams is focused on the Nets or Dallas, his hometown team.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

Seventyniner
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I'd laugh if Houston somehow got stuck with 3 or 4 first-rounders. What would they do, pull a Golden State and start 5 rookies?

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Sam Amick
Source close to Brooklyn PG Deron Williams says Houston not likely to be added to his free agency wish list even if the Rockets get Dwight Howard. Williams is focused on the Nets or Dallas, his hometown team.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick
All these sources come from Deron's and Dwight's camps. Because they want to market them together in Brooklyn and Houston is the only team willing to take Dwight without a guarantee that he'll re-sign. The Nets know this, their agent knows this and there's nothing they can do about it, except scream from the top of their lungs "he won't resign" or "he won't sign there". It's the only thing they have left because the Nets have zero assets. Golden State has been mentioned as making a run at Dwight too, but these "sources" haven't said a word about Golden State. They know Houston is going balls out and I think fear them actually putting a good team together, while hanging on to the dream of pairing them in Brooklyn which isn't gonna happen.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd laugh if Houston somehow got stuck with 3 or 4 first-rounders. What would they do, pull a Golden State and start 5 rookies?
Have other deals lined up.

noob cake
06-26-2012, 08:01 PM

Draft picks lose value if they are not somehow traded for Howard?

Mel_13
06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
At this time of year RocketFan reminds me of good old Charley Brown:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/schulz_pop/5a.jpg

Kai
06-26-2012, 09:39 PM
:lmao ^

ducks
06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
rockets want to trade for howard
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--rockets-get-18th-pick-in-nba-draft-with-trade-of-chase-budinger-to-timberwolves-20120626.html

racm
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM

Must suck to be a >.500 team and still be in the lottery.

DMC
06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Dwight won't be so hot in the West.

Kai
06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Must suck to be a >.500 team and still be in the lottery.

3 years in a row

Ice009
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM

Amid a report that stated the Houston Rockets are hoping to amass enough trade assets to make a deal with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard – even though Howard would only be in Houston for one season before becoming an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013 — a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/25/not-a-chance-dwight-howard-stays-in-houston-if-traded-there/#?ls=iref:nbahpt1

If Howard gets traded to the Rockets and he screws them over by leaving, Olajuwon needs to tell him to go learn his own post moves and that he will not be teaching him jack shit anymore.

racm
06-27-2012, 01:51 AM
3 years in a row

:depressed

Kai
06-27-2012, 01:52 AM
I seriously doubt there is 'no chance' Dwight re-signs with any team he ends up with. That increase in salary per season and extra year is not something anyone is likely to give up, particularly on a max deal in this new CBA. Take Deron Williams for example:

he has been saying for the last year and a half that if the Nets don't put a team around him, he's walking. Well, the Nets absolutely shit the bed on that one, even coughing up the #6 pick in the process. Time for Deron to leave right? Oh wait-- we're getting reports that the Mavs believe he's re-signing with Brooklyn.

Sounds like posturing on Dwight's part and he knows he has no leverage to get his way. Morey is simply calling his bluff.

100%duncan
06-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Good move.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 07:23 AM
With Howard, if the Rockets can keep much of their cap space available, they could seek another top player in free agency to join him and potentially convince him to sign long-term. Though speculation on Tuesday centered on Deron Williams, with Howard believed to want to join Williams in Brooklyn, the Rockets are more likely to try to land Hornets guard Eric Gordon, a restricted free agent with an offer the Hornets would not match according to an individual with knowledge of their thinking.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/06/trade-of-budinger-puts-rockets-on-path-to-land-franchise-star-such-as-dwight-howard/

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Dragic/Gordon/Parsons/Scola/Howard

Not bad, not bad.

elemento
06-27-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't believe in this crap that NOLA won't match Gordon. Even a max contract for him, coming from the rookie scale, is not a franchise killer.

I think Houston wants to pair Howard with his BF Josh Smith. That's the only hope they have to keep Howard.

racm
06-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't believe in this crap that NOLA won't match Gordon. Even a max contract for him, coming from the rookie scale, is not a franchise killer.

I think Houston wants to pair Howard with his BF Josh Smith. That's the only hope they have to keep Howard.

Scola for Smith?

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Houston now talking with Cavs about 4th pick.

racm
06-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Houston now talking with Cavs about 4th pick.

It's called keeping all options open.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Minnesota wants Kevin Martin, Rockets want Derrick Williams. We'll see if Minny is that dumb.

VBM
06-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Minnesota wants Kevin Martin, Rockets want Derrick Williams. We'll see if Minny is that dumb.

If Martin was a PG, Kahn would be all over it

Clipper Nation
06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
"And with the entire first round in the 2012 NBA Draft.... the Houston Rockets select....."

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Leaders of New Orleans=Leaders of New Jersey. Don't fight an emperor...Rockets to get a bone thrown but still haggling & u know w/ who! @thedocrocket

Stern still fuckin' with us.

Budkin
06-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Do you guys think Houston has any realistic chance of getting Dwight?

Kai
06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I would imagine Morey has had conversations with whichever team he is trying to deal with and has a realistic price tag he is striving for. Getting the 18th pick while we already have the 14th and 16th suggests Morey has a plan in place. I'm not sure if Dwight is gonna be a Rocket, but I don't doubt that Morey has a very attainable goal along with a few contingency plans.

Clipper Nation
06-27-2012, 02:15 PM
As a rental, yes.... long-term, LOLNO, tbh...

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Not even sure anymore. I just wish the draft would hurry up.

Kai
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Dalembert and the 14th pick go the Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Brockman, sources tell Y!

Dally and #14 for #12, hmmm.

Lincoln
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Damn...must rally want Dwight.

Kai
06-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Woj listed Brockman twice. I believe the third player is Livingston. All 3 contracts are expiring and I believe only $1 mil is guaranteed to Brockman, the rest are unguaranteed. Sounds like salary fillers for trades. I'm getting excited :)

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Ken Berger @KBergCBS
Rockets can now package 12, 16 and 18 in bid to move into top 10 of draft.

Bet Sacramento is next.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2062589385/butlergym_normal.jpg Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojYahooNBA
Houston holds the 12th, 16th and 18th picks in Thursday's draft now. They'll keep working to move up.

Kai
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Now the Rockets don't have a center on their roster. I think we all know what that means....

Time to bring back Chuck Hayes.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Now the Rockets don't have a center on their roster. I think we all know what that means....

Time to bring back Chuck Hayes.
I bet they're working on the number 2 pick. Kwame Brown lookalike + a bag of Doritos for the #2. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Houston making this summer interesting to follow, at least

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
That leaves Scola, Martin, Lowry left to trade.

Kai
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
That leaves Scola, Martin, Lowry left to trade.

Those are also the only players we have left that we can amnesty as well.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Jonathan Givony (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress): After this latest Milwaukee/Houston move, I could see Golden State being more enticed to trade the #7 pick to Houston for #12 and #16. now (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/statuses/218078010409103360)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1z1lc1xMN

timvp
06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Milwaukee is deceptively stupid as hell. Gave big money to Gooden. Sold low on Bogut. And now give away the higher pick and the better player (Leuer) for a lower pick and another Gooden-like stat whore nobody ever wants to keep (Dalembert).

Props Rockets.

Mel_13
06-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Houston making this summer interesting to follow, at least

Very true.

Milwaukee is deceptively stupid as hell. Gave big money to Gooden. Sold low on Bogut. And now give away the higher pick and the better player (Leuer) for a lower pick and another Gooden-like stat whore nobody ever wants to keep (Dalembert).

Props Rockets.

Gotta give Morey credit for getting the better end of the transactions with two hopelessly inept FOs. As he surveys the landscape for other such FOs with even higher picks, is Sacramento or Golden State next?

OKC Thunderstorm
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice move. even with Dwight they still looking up at us in the standings, but to see them snake Dwight from the Mavs would be freaking hilarious. Dwight, will have a tough choice if that trade goes through. He would be leaving a franchise with a winning tradition and a pretty big market.

Rox have to have some plans in place, 3 picks in this draft that are out of the top 10 to me are worthless individually. They either love someone in the top 5 or have the frame-work for a player trade to be named later ....

Koolaid_Man
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Nice move. even with Dwight they still looking up at us in the standings, but to see them snake Dwight from the Mavs would be freaking hilarious. Dwight, will have a tough choice if that trade goes through. He would be leaving a franchise with a winning tradition and a pretty big market.

Rox have to have some plans in place, 3 picks in this draft that are out of the top 10 to me are worthless individually. They either love someone in the top 5 or have the frame-work for a player trade to be named later ....

they have plans but they'll all fall through the roof....:lmao

crc21209
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
FWIW, Ric Bucher just reported on SportsCenter that it's highly unlikely the Magic bite on the Rockets package for Howard. Plan B would be to go after Gasol.....

OKC Thunderstorm
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Dont blame Magic for standing pat. This draft is overrated and they can always get Bynum, Lopez etc for Dwight at the ASB ... unless he comes out and says 100% he will NOT re-sign I roll the dice. Dwight is such a pussy and weak minded, he could be conned in to signing an extension.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 05:26 PM
FWIW, Ric Bucher just reported on SportsCenter that it's highly unlikely the Magic bite on the Rockets package for Howard. Plan B would be to go after Gasol.....
1. Ric Bucher is an idiot
2. Of course Orlando doesn't want our current package, which is why they're trying to get two top 10 picks.
3. They're not going after Gasol even if they miss on Howard.

Kai
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Gotta give Morey credit for getting the better end of the transactions with two hopelessly inept FOs. As he surveys the landscape for other such FOs with even higher picks, is Sacramento or Golden State next?

This is why Morey was the perfect hire for a team with 2 super stars in Yao and T-Mac. He constantly makes minor moves that can make a big difference. He traded a can of air for Scola, Rafer Alston for Lowry, Donte Greene for Ron Artest, McGrady's corpse for Kevin Martin and 2 first rounders, Aaron Brooks for Dragic and a first, Jordan Hill's expiring contract for a first. He can also find talent in late picks. He picked Carl Landry, Chase Budinger and Chandler Parsons in the second round.

It's because he can trim the fat and upgrade the roster so consistently with quality contributors that we are stuck in mediocrity. We have no cornerstone to our franchise, and we don't suck nearly enough to get valuable enough picks to trade or pick a star with. I'd love to see what Morey can do if we ever have a healthy star or two.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
^ Let's just see how tomorrow plays out. I do like his "no bad contracts" policy though.

Mel_13
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Just for some perspective...

At the start of the 2011-12 season, Houston had the 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 22nd picks of the 2009 NBA draft on their roster. The three lottery picks are all gone.

Kai
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Just for some perspective...

At the start of the 2011-12 season, Houston had the 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 22nd picks of the 2009 NBA draft on their roster. The three lottery picks are all gone.

What perspective is this providing? The only reason any of them were on the team was because they sucked with their original teams and could be had on the cheap. Low risk, high reward moves.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
What perspective is this providing? The only reason any of them were on the team was because they sucked with their original teams and could be had on the cheap. Low risk, high reward moves.
Just showing how none of them had the work ethic.

Mel_13
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM

That the value of a group of picks in a single draft is hard to predict. The new Magic GM is a smart guy. He may not be interested in a package of picks that doesn't include a pick high enough to draft a sure difference maker. While all this action is entertaining, if Houston winds up using these picks in the draft, they won't have advanced their cause very much.

Agloco
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
DHo to LAL after next year anyway. Might as well let them have him now.

crc21209
06-27-2012, 06:24 PM
1. Ric Bucher is an idiot
2. Of course Orlando doesn't want our current package, which is why they're trying to get two top 10 picks.
3. They're not going after Gasol even if they miss on Howard.

No, he meant even if the Rockets offer 1 or 2 top 10 picks. Another reason I believe Howard wont be dealt so easily is because they just hired a new GM. Would you wanna be the new guy who came in and just gave Howard away right off the bat? I wouldnt...You would at least want to sit down and attempt to get something done with him. So if Howard is traded, it certainly won't be before tomorrow. It will be right before the start of the season, or mid-season.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
No, he meant even if the Rockets offer 1 or 2 top 10 picks. Another reason I believe Howard wont be dealt so easily is because they just hired a new GM. Would you wanna be the new guy who came in and just gave Howard away right off the bat? I wouldnt...You would at least want to sit down and attempt to get something done with him. So if Howard is traded, it certainly won't be before tomorrow. It will be right before the start of the season, or mid-season.
They wouldn't wait until mid season to trade him. They don't want that circus again, which is why they want an answer quick.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Like I said, Bucher is an idiot and I wouldn't believe anything he says. This is the same guy who said Derrick Rose is better than LeBron.

Kai
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Either way, we'll know by tomorrow night :)

racm
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Morey seems to be going for broke instead of playing it safe this year.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Alex Kennedy: Kyle Lowry is expecting to be traded in the next 24 hours, according to sources close to the point guard:

djohn2oo8
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
06/27/12 8:20PM EST – Bill Ingram:
Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry sees the writing on the wall and expects to be traded in the next 24 hours. The only question seems to be where he will be traded, with Sacramento and Toronto looking like the current frontrunners. The Rockets are looking for a lottery pick, either to use themselves, perhaps on Andre Drummond, or to sweeten their offer to Orlando for Dwight Howard.
Additionally, sources close to the situation tell HOOPSWORLD that the Rockets already have a deal in place for free agent point guard Goran Dragic, which would explain why they are so willing to deal Lowry.

DJ Mbenga
06-28-2012, 12:28 AM
rockets wont get the kings pick unless they give up that kid donas matijunas. they could get the toronto pick but they could easily get waiters.

VBM
06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Trade talks between the Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets have intensified in the hours leading up to Thursday night's NBA draft and have put the Rockets in pole position to acquire the Kings' No. 5 pick if Sacramento elects to trade it, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Kings plan to wait as long as possible before committing to the trade to see who falls to them at No. 5. It's believed that Sacramento will walk away from the trade if Kansas' Thomas Robinson is still available after four picks are made.

Yet sources say that the Kings, in that scenario, would be walking away from "a lot," suggesting that the Rockets have offered even more than the widely reported package of versatile but disgruntled guard Kyle Lowry and multiple picks later in Thursday's first round. Houston currently holds the Nos. 12, 16 and 18 picks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/8108693/2012-nba-draft-houston-rockets-sacramento-kings-talking-no-5-pick-sources-say

Salty
06-28-2012, 03:47 PM
^^^ Wow. Sacramento would be even more stupid than people give them credit for to walk away from that trade. Lowry + MULTIPLE mid-first round picks in an exceptionally deep draft gives Sacramento a lot to build around. Lowry, Evans, Thomas, Cousins, plus whatever else they can get with those picks is a lot to work with.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Guess gotta start drinkin extra early tonight...smh

VBM
06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Guess gotta start drinkin extra early tonight...smh

Galleria area better not flood this afternoon. Gonna be a lot of action at the top of the draft and I don't want to be stuck in traffic.

TE
06-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Rockets are in great position with the most flexibility in terms of trading for a higher pick or trading for proven talent. Plus, you'd be getting rid of a disgruntled player in Lowry.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Rockets are in great position with the most flexibility in terms of trading for a higher pick or trading for proven talent. Plus, you'd be getting rid of a disgruntled player in Lowry.
Yup, and getting rid of that puss Kevin Martin is a plus too.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Galleria area better not flood this afternoon. Gonna be a lot of action at the top of the draft and I don't want to be stuck in traffic.
Definitely.

djohn2oo8
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Also I cannot express enough how much of a tool Ric Bucher is.

Mel_13
07-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Yes, again....

http://blog.themistrading.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lucy.jpg

Mel_13
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I can't believe you guys thought Lucy, errrr Fat Elvis, wouldn't pull the ball away again.