PDA

View Full Version : Sunburns

Lincoln
06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Sup niggas, just got back from a week trip at Cancun Mexico and got cooked. I'm red as a lobster with some second degree burns in some places(face,shoulder,chest).

I got some prescribed Mexican shit and it's been helping with the pain and peeling but it's still real bad tbh. I'm putting on these 3 creams +aloe Vera+ painkillers. Is there anything else that would help with the pain?

Would marijuana help?

clambake
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
fight fire with fire.

Lincoln
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
On a side note, coming back to 105 degree weather fuckin sucks.

clambake
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
get back out there and teach it a lesson. can't let your skin run your life.

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
damn son, you didnt wear sunscreen or what??? didn't you know that being on the water makes it 10x worse :lol

cantthinkofanything
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
damn son, you didnt wear sunscreen or what??? didn't you know that being on the water makes it 10x worse :lol

plus, since you were on part of the Earth that bulges out so you were closer to the sun.

But on a positive, now that you're back in Texas, you're probably immune to the sun at this latitude for a while.

Lincoln
06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Lol I put some on but I didn't re apply throughout the day.

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
does this mean lincoln will no longer be posting as a "thug" black dude since black people rarely get sunburned?

:lol whoops

Bigzax
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
wigga karma.

cantthinkofanything
06-26-2012, 03:10 PM
oh...black people can definitely get sunburned. Me and one of my girlfriends (who happened to be black) went to St. Tropez for a weekend and after making love on the beach, we fell asleep. All she was wearing was her sunglasses.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH7eVsIfx3pqKtYuGoK-TzDaFnNnZm9bhV5ORX7eaZSjKz_w-NhRt4kDd_eg

Bigzax
06-26-2012, 03:18 PM
yeah, but she's caramel. if we talkin sidney poitier, there's no way the brutha gettin a sunburn!

cantthinkofanything
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
yeah, but she's caramel. if we talkin sidney poitier, there's no way the brutha gettin a sunburn!

Funny...that was her name...Caramel. Maybe it gets burnt but you just can't see it? I don't know...I'm not really black.

bus driver
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
only white people get lobster red sunburns

cantthinkofanything
06-26-2012, 04:12 PM

It's because the alien DNA that was introduced into humans doesn't result in any real protection from the Earth's sun.

bus driver
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
It's because the alien DNA that was introduced into humans doesn't result in any real protection from the Earth's sun.

interesting :wakeup

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Would marijuana help?

Certainly won't hurt. If the burns are still irritating and annoying you, being high could probably help you get distracted with other things you're doing, help you be less conscious of the burns.

Chong
06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Would marijuana help?

that's a clown question bro.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
My old boss has really dark skin, like Wesley Snipes kind of dark. She is extremely susceptible to sunburns. Doesn't turn red but the peeling and the pain and the rest that comes with it are all the same. It's rare but it does happen.

ashbeeigh
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Sunburn I use a lot of those suggestions when I get sunburnt. The oatmeal and cold compresses are the best, though

cantthinkofanything
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Sunburn I use a lot of those suggestions when I get sunburnt. The oatmeal and cold compresses are the best, though

I like oatmeal and all but I don't see how it could possibly help.

Bigzax
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
My old boss has really dark skin, like Wesley Snipes kind of dark. She is extremely susceptible to sunburns. Doesn't turn red but the peeling and the pain and the rest that comes with it are all the same. It's rare but it does happen.

well i'll be damned. good stuff sfie.

leemajors
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I like oatmeal and all but I don't see how it could possibly help.

you churn some butter, put it in your oatmeal. good to go bro!

Lincoln
06-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Been weed and alcohol free for a while now but going to see if weed is the secret remedy for sunburn relief.

thispego
06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Lol fuckin poor ass bitch doesn't know how to vacation on tropical beaches. Duhhhhrrrrr you think sunscreen is a good idea?? :lol pffft dumbass. I bet your mommy rubbed aloe on your little burnsies on the flight home. Pussy :lmao

mavs>spurs
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
wow you guys are being assholes. never forgot sunscreen and didn't think about it until it was too late? many times you dont even realize you are being burned, especially when water is involved. im not gonna lie, i've ever forgotten it because i rarely burn so it's more of an afterthought, this usually results in maybe a slight burn but nothin serious. i used to look aztec-mexican dark when i was young, kind of pale now though due to never going outside in recent years unless it's to fish in the shade :lol

thispego
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
What kind of pussy are you? You don't go outside?

leemajors
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
get a fucking rashguard, never worry about burning your back or chest again.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2012, 04:51 AM
wow you guys are being assholes. never forgot sunscreen and didn't think about it until it was too late? many times you dont even realize you are being burned, especially when water is involved. im not gonna lie, i've ever forgotten it because i rarely burn so it's more of an afterthought, this usually results in maybe a slight burn but nothin serious. i used to look aztec-mexican dark when i was young, kind of pale now though due to never going outside in recent years unless it's to fish in the shade :lol
So what are you going to be sick of? Vitamin D deficiency, or skin cancer from the chemicals in the sunscreen?

Some sun is necessary for proper health. Just don't get burned. Acclimate yourself to it. Get a tan. The body makes vitamin D by changing the cholesterol in blood. The sun lowers cholesterol levels in the blood that way.

I have seen a study that concluded that although sun exposure causes an increased rate in skin cancer, it reduces the rates of internal organ cancer. That is where moderation and acclimation comes in.

Latarian Milton
06-28-2012, 06:22 AM

yellows too imho :lol

mavs>spurs
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
So what are you going to be sick of? Vitamin D deficiency, or skin cancer from the chemicals in the sunscreen?

Some sun is necessary for proper health. Just don't get burned. Acclimate yourself to it. Get a tan. The body makes vitamin D by changing the cholesterol in blood. The sun lowers cholesterol levels in the blood that way.

I have seen a study that concluded that although sun exposure causes an increased rate in skin cancer, it reduces the rates of internal organ cancer. That is where moderation and acclimation comes in.

yeah that's what i've been doing this summer, i'm pretty dark now with just 1 hour exposure a day tbh

Insomniac
06-29-2012, 04:43 AM
With today's sun blocks one shouldn't get sunburned.