PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit column from Jason Whitlock

CubanMustGo
06-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Now I know why this clown is in Kansas City - he obviously doesn't know jack about basketball.

Just call it a Spur-fect ending - especially for Tiny Tim

By JASON WHITLOCK

Kansas City Star

SAN ANTONIO - Someone else will have to spin the fairy tale. Maybe the writers in Texas can romanticize the San Antonio Spurs' game-seven victory over the Detroit Pistons, maybe the eyes of Texas saw a classic finish to the NBA finals.

These eyes saw the Detroit Pistons lose. These eyes saw Detroit's foul trouble bail out Tim Duncan and the Spurs.

San Antonio and Duncan get credit for perseverance, nothing else. The Spurs were in the right place at the right time when the Pistons lost their footing on the tightrope they'd been walking since losing games one and two because of a Miami Heat hangover.

The first game seven in 11 years didn't live up to the hype. San Antonio outscored Detroit 81-74 in a game in which both teams sank fewer than 43 percent of their shots and no individual dominated.

The Spurs' Tim Duncan took home his third finals MVP award, but the trophy won't look near as shiny as the two others, considering the amount of damage Duncan's image endured during this best-of-seven series.

Tiny Tim finished Thursday's game with a decent stat line - 25 points and 11 rebounds. But his final numbers don't begin to tell the story. Duncan was dominant for one short stretch. While Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess were strapped to the Detroit bench with four fouls, Duncan scored 12 points and grabbed six rebounds in the third quarter.

Wallace and McDyess' foul problems turned the game. The Pistons led by nine points 5 minutes into the third quarter. Once Wallace and McDyess both had picked up four fouls, Duncan exploded and the Spurs erased Detroit's advantage.

Even during Duncan's stretch of good play, Tiny Tim hit just four of 13 shots. For the game, Duncan made just 10 of 27 shots. At one point during the second and third quarters, Duncan went 14 straight minutes without scoring.

"It wasn't the greatest of games, but there was one stretch where I felt really good," Duncan said.

There were no legends born during these NBA finals. San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili is as close as we got. Manu scored 23 points Thursday night and probably deserved the MVP award.

Again, this series will be known for killing legends. Duncan won't be compared to the all-time greats for quite some time. San Antonio point guard Tony Parker looks like a weakness, again. Coach Gregg Popovich benched Parker in the game's first 3 minutes. Parker fired up an assortment of wild, terrible shots early in the game. Popovich made a huge defensive adjustment, too, removing Parker from defending Chauncey Billups.

Remember Billups, the man compared to Tom Brady and Derek Jeter on Wednesday? Thursday night Billups looked like Bill Buckner. Foul trouble sidelined Billups in the first half. In the second half, with Bruce Bowen chasing him around the court, Billups couldn't buy a basket or an easy look.

In the game's final minute and the Spurs clinging to a five-point lead, Billups curled around a screen and tried to fire a three-pointer much too early in the shot clock. Bowen blocked the shot and ended the series. Billups finished the game with 13 points on three-of-eight shooting.

Detroit's Richard Hamilton couldn't take advantage of Parker. Hamilton took bad shots all game. Rip misfired on 12 of 18 shots. Detroit's frontcourt was in foul trouble all game, and its backcourt played horribly on the most important night of the season.

San Antonio didn't win game seven. The Pistons lost it, which cemented the legacy of the 2005 NBA finals. There were two good games in a seven-game series. This was the worst finals in the history of the league.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. STICK TO WHATEVER IT IS YOU KNOW, CUZ IT AIN'T BASKETBALL. LOSE A LITTLE MONEY ON THE GAME, DID WE?

spurs_2108
06-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Screw him!

Vashner
06-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Kansas... wtf ...

STFU Kansas...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Who cares? Damn, some of y'all take this shit too seriously.

Just say fuck it, ignore the guy, and move on.

yaicu2
06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I'm sure we'll see a bunch of that shit all around the US, for the next week or so. He can bitch about all the foul trouble Detroit got into, but fact is nobody got Detroit in foul trouble but themselves.

Had it been SA in foul trouble, I'm sure his tone would have been, "SA in early desperate foul trouble, could not find they're overrated defense."

Get used to it, because the bullshit media just didn't want SA to win, and guess fucking what..............

We fucking won, so fuck everyone that can't respect that!!!! STFU, and make yourselves useful, you sorry FUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Point is that we have the trophy and they have the disappointment! Don't listen to those bitter mother fuckers! they yearn what we have!

caŽlo
06-24-2005, 02:05 AM
whitlock can write all the shit he wants for all i care

yaicu2
06-24-2005, 02:12 AM
You know someone had got to find his email address, and send him the link to this thread!!!!!!

weebo
06-24-2005, 02:23 AM
What the hell does a guy from Kansas City know about professional basketball?

CubanMustGo
06-24-2005, 02:24 AM
The answer is obvious when you read the column ... not a damned thing.

yaicu2
06-24-2005, 02:33 AM
[email protected]

Found his email on another column on ESPN.com. This guy probably makes more money than I do, and has his stupid-ass column posted on espn.com, where as my opinion can only be found on a few-message board threads, but this guys is truly and ass, and the bad thing about all of this, is he truly knows, that he is truly an ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SFSpursFan
06-24-2005, 02:35 AM
His e-mail address is [email protected]

I already wrote him an e-mail.

"Pretty big words coming from someone from hicksville Kansas City, who LOST their NBA franchise about 20 years ago.

Whatever, dude... Spurs won, Detroit lost, and you get to go back to Kansas City. Sucks to be you...."

slayermin
06-24-2005, 02:37 AM
He was interviewed on NBATV, right before game five. I believe he predicted a blowout for the Pistons. He was on Detroit's jock hard. He was talking about how unbeatable the Pistons were at home, how intimidated the Spurs were of the Detroit crowd, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, he was practically guaranteeing the Pistons would win the series. Granted, Detroit was a formidable opponent but damn, hacks like this dude is just a downright hater for not giving the Spurs some credit. I hope everyone drops him a nasty email because he's a freain' ahole.

goliath
06-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Fuck him. We're World Fucking Champs and he isnt.

bdubya
06-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Wow. For a lame article, that's a wildly lame article.

SFSpursFan
06-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Geez, my e-mail was returned as undeliverable....

Perhaps he needs to get some phone calls:

(816) 234-4869

yaicu2
06-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Just sent him the link to this thread. I'm sure he won't read it, but just in case,

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !11

MiNuS
06-24-2005, 02:51 AM
there are winners and there are losers in life.

one word: CHOKE!

we pass it on to the Pistons. When the Lakers won last year everyone was saying the Spurs "choked" after the .o4 Fisher miracle shot. The Spurs basically gave away the rest of the games away. Shit happens and thats what HCA is all about.

SPURS CHAMPIONS 99,03,05! Y QUE!

BigDaddyMatty
06-24-2005, 03:15 AM
TINY TIM???? I stopped reading when i read those words.

maxpower
06-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Fuck that motherfucker!!! Obviously he doesn't know shit...Screw hm and the horse he rode in on. Fucker.

Fuck you!!!!!!!
' :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

JustSpurs
06-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Geez, my e-mail was returned as undeliverable....

Perhaps he needs to get some phone calls:

(816) 234-4869
:lol :rollin :lol Thank God I have flat rate long distance.

boutons
06-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Kansas: the state where the Sportswriters didn't evolve from Monkeys.

God, as a bad joke on the universe, intelligently designed them to be fucking stupid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2005, 07:55 AM
DAMN PEOPLE, LET IT GO.

Whenever you write a guy or call him or whatever you do, he holds it up for his editors as proof that people still read his column.

Send him the link to this thread? Dumb. His paper will use it as proof of viewership to sponsors.

The best thing you can do with assholes like this is let it go. Dude's not worth it, and the important thing is the Spurs have the ring.

Let it go. Shit.