PDA

View Full Version : What a Fantastic Ride

FromWayDowntown
06-24-2005, 01:42 AM
It has finally culminated, and in the very, very best way possible. Of all of the playoff journeys the Spurs have given us, this is, in my opinion, the very best. It was the roller coaster that the playoffs are supposed to be, full of so many highs and so many lows, and often one following right on the heels of the other. The other titles were fantastic, but this one is, somehow, more satisfying.

A team that has been counted out forever in tough games managed to win the biggest game that the NBA can possibly offer. A team that some think can be pushed around pushed back and with force. A team that somehow cannot bounce back from adversity came together at every bad thing thrown at it and got it done.

Hard to believe that something that started with a loss to Denver in April has culminated in a monsterous win against perhaps the most resilient team in recent NBA history.

Props to my Spurs. Thanks for a wonderful ride.

2005 Champs. (that just never gets old).

boutons
06-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Thinking back to how I felt after Game4. "how are we ever going to take another game off these guys after being blown out of the gym twice?"

a real roller coaster.

Timoha
06-24-2005, 01:46 AM
I know just wow!!!! Looking back at this whole year and clinching it all in the last few minutes of the fourth quater of game 7 of the NBA finals. UNBEFREAKENLIVABLE!!!!

Vashner
06-24-2005, 01:47 AM
It was an Awesome Season...

FromWayDowntown
06-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Thinking back to how I felt after Game4. "how are we ever going to take another game off these guys after being blown out of the gym twice?"

a real roller coaster.

The great thing about roller coasters is that as scary as they can be, they are often exhilarating in the end.

This season, to me at least, had that quality. I remain thankful to the Spurs for providing me with such a wonderful ride. As tough as it has been in spots, the payoff at the end was absolutely incredible -- a Finals win by a gutty 4th Quarter of Game 7.

Nikos
06-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Amen. I was scared up until the end of the 3rd and parts of the 4th. Hell I could barely sleep the last two days thinking about this game.

Thank god they won it! Awesome!

MI21
06-24-2005, 02:58 AM
When you think about it, the Spurs had an impossible road to the Championship.

Denver - Hottest team in league, more like a 4-5 seed.
Seattle - Spurs "bogey" team in the regular season.
Phoenix - Number 1 record in league.
Detroit - Defending champs.

There is no way to discredit this championship.

Sense
06-24-2005, 03:00 AM
When you think about it, the Spurs had an impossible road to the Championship.

Denver - Hottest team in league, more like a 4-5 seed.
Seattle - Spurs "bogey" team in the regular season.
Phoenix - Number 1 record in league.
Detroit - Defending champs.

There is no way to discredit this championship.

I completely agree...

I want to see people go on saying the Spurs can't win without Robinson now...

caŽlo
06-24-2005, 03:40 AM
now the spurs will get the respect they deserve.

no more lockout asterisk bullshit.

no more end of the dynasty thats why we won shit.

and no more inferior opponent thats why we won crap!

we freakin deserve this!

Budkin
06-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Thank God, we will never have to hear talk about the Spurs choking away in the Finals! I love this team!!!

thispego
06-24-2005, 05:36 AM
The great thing about roller coasters is that as scary as they can be, they are often exhilarating in the end.

This season, to me at least, had that quality. I remain thankful to the Spurs for providing me with such a wonderful ride. As tough as it has been in spots, the payoff at the end was absolutely incredible -- a Finals win by a gutty 4th Quarter of Game 7.
well said!! thats exactly how it felt, it was a fantastic season and a preview of very promising things to come!!!! time for one whole year of bragging right, FUCH YAH!!!!

timvp
06-24-2005, 05:37 AM
It has finally culminated, and in the very, very best way possible. Of all of the playoff journeys the Spurs have given us, this is, in my opinion, the very best. It was the roller coaster that the playoffs are supposed to be, full of so many highs and so many lows, and often one following right on the heels of the other. The other titles were fantastic, but this one is, somehow, more satisfying.

A team that has been counted out forever in tough games managed to win the biggest game that the NBA can possibly offer. A team that some think can be pushed around pushed back and with force. A team that somehow cannot bounce back from adversity came together at every bad thing thrown at it and got it done.

Hard to believe that something that started with a loss to Denver in April has culminated in a monsterous win against perhaps the most resilient team in recent NBA history.

Props to my Spurs. Thanks for a wonderful ride.

2005 Champs. (that just never gets old).

Exactly.

FWD has been on point lately.

How 'bout that crown, man? That was amazing.

mattyc
06-24-2005, 05:53 AM
Great thread FWD. Enjoyed your posts throughout the season, and this one is included.

From the off-season, then with the TP contract renewal, then trading Malik, bringing in guys like Glover, Big Dog and then through the finals -it's been a ride to remember.

Timoha
06-24-2005, 05:57 AM
yes. An interesting and awsume ride. Remember when we considered the SPurs to have a good game when no players got injured? And then there was this whole clous over how healthy Timmy was going to be for hte playoffs or if he can even play. Then there was Rasho's injury, and Nazr coming in for Rasho. And who can forget that regular season game against Phoenix or thsoe two double overtime games? How about game five of the finals...an instant classic.....Well, anyhow great season with many great memories.

Spurminator
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
It's definitely very rewarding to beat a closely-matched team in the Finals for once. While this year's Playoffs didn't have the thrill of beating a heated rival like the Lakers, it's arguably the toughest road we've had. I think a series like this is not only rewarding for the entertainment value, but it will also build character for the Spurs down the road. They have faced an elimination scenario and overcome, and no one can ever take that away from them.

angel_luv
06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I've had the time of my life this season.

I'm so very proud of our guys. There is truly no where else I would have rather been this year- supporting the best team in the NBA with you guys, the best fans ever! Thanks so much for all the great memories. I look forward to a repeat next year! () = )

easjer
06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
What an incredible season. Everything. The injuries, the trades, the pickups, the best record, dropping it, those amazing overtime games, Tim's horrible ankle injury and wondering if it was all over, a sad good bye to Malik, the toughest playoffs we've ever had. . . and we beat the defending world champions in a game seven amidst the cries of "soft,""non-clutch,""chokers,""not aggressive,""can't take pressure,""no heart" without D Rob.

We won. Instant classic games and we won. We stand here victorious. No more shit from anyone.

THANK YOU SPURS! Thank you for a wonderful season full of wild rides. I love every minute of watching you guys (even if sometimes I don't feel the love until the warm afterglow of victory).

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Nice job FWD...oh and if I may add....

:flipoff .4

:)

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Great season. Looking back on it has been unbelivable. If someone told me that
Tim Duncan would have missed 6 weeks of basketball and have 3 ankle sprains
Manu would have about 15 thigh contusions
We would lose to the Jazz twice by Okur's put-backs
We'd be down 17 points in a 4th quarter on the road and win the game in OT behind 48 pts by Manu
We'd win 2 OT back to back on the road, one without Duncan the other without Duncan and Manu
That we'd lose our first playoff game to Denver on a 6 min offensive drought in the 4th quarter
That the Sonics would force a Game 6
We'd have to take the Pistons to 7 games despite starting off 2-0 against them

...and that despite ALL this crazy stuff, WE'D WIN A GAME 7 IN THE NBA FINALS......I'd have thought no WAY! :)

FromWayDowntown
06-24-2005, 10:04 AM
:flipoff .4

You know, there's something wonderful about that, too.

td4mvp21
06-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Great season. Looking back on it has been unbelivable. If someone told me that
Tim Duncan would have missed 6 weeks of basketball and have 3 ankle sprains
Manu would have about 15 thigh contusions
We would lose to the Jazz twice by Okur's put-backs
We'd be down 17 points in a 4th quarter on the road and win the game in OT behind 48 pts by Manu
We'd win 2 OT back to back on the road, one without Duncan the other without Duncan and Manu
That we'd lose our first playoff game to Denver on a 6 min offensive drought in the 4th quarter
That the Sonics would force a Game 6
We'd have to take the Pistons to 7 games despite starting off 2-0 against them

...and that despite ALL this crazy stuff, WE'D WIN A GAME 7 IN THE NBA FINALS......I'd have thought no WAY! :)
Those were the highlights for me, as well. After all those road losses and losses to teams not worth crap, to all of us getting mad over every loss during the season, it was great to see it end like this. Makes you forget about all those losses during the regular season that "hurt" so much. :fro

spur219
06-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Yes thanks for the ride Spurs. You put us through a rollercoaster season but we never gave up faith on you guys as we knew you guys had the heart of a champion. Thankyou for the memories of this past season and for the memories you will give us in the future.