PDA

View Full Version : In-N-Out expanding southward...

Dex
06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/morning_call/2012/06/round-rock-gets-first-c-texas.html

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xq986jmC1qc5nwo.gif

cantthinkofanything
06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
They've put several up around DFW. I had one in California years ago and to be honest, I didn't think there was anything special about it. Seemed like maybe the onion rings were really good. But I didn't think it was any better than Whataburger. Definitely not good enough to wait in the long ass lines.

silverblk mystix
06-28-2012, 10:49 AM
They've put several up around DFW. I had one in California years ago and to be honest, I didn't think there was anything special about it. Seemed like maybe the onion rings were really good. But I didn't think it was any better than Whataburger. Definitely not good enough to wait in the long ass lines.

I have never been to an IN & OUT that served onion rings...

CuckingFunt
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
C'mon, In-N-Out. Louisiana is just a little bit further. You can do it. This Californian needs you.

Dex
06-28-2012, 10:53 AM

I've been to the one in Dallas, so I knew they were in Texas. But this will be the first one outside of the DFW area, which is a good sign that they will be expanding all around Texas. Probably only a matter of time before they end up in San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus now that they have a distribution center here. As an Austinite, I personally was just waiting for them to come here, so I'm stoked.

And this discussion has already been hashed out in other threads, but yes, In-N-Out is not like the greatest gourmet burgers other. They are a simple, fast-food burger...not a whole lot different from what you can already get at Whataburger, Mighty Fine, or P. Terrys. But they are (imo) pretty damn good for a basic, cheap burger.

For me, it's definitely a nostalgia thing (having lived in California for a while, and making it a point to hit them up whenever I visit Cali or Arizona), as it is for many people who have come over from the west coast. I imagine easterners feel the same way about White Castle...I tried them and wasn't too amazed, but I didn't grow up with them either.

I won't be one of the whackos waiting in line for 2 hours to get my order, or crying when I eat it...but once the hype dies down a little, I'm sure I'll be there on a semi-regular basis.

cantthinkofanything
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM

idk then...maybe it was their french fries..it's been over 15 years. But whatever it was, it was something that I thought was more "better than average" than the burger.

Dex
06-28-2012, 11:01 AM

This is correct. In-N-Out stays pretty damn uniform between locations, and they only have fries.

To be exact, here is their "full" menu:
http://www.friedmanarchives.com/Non-Gallery-Images-1/images/Menu%201.jpg

Personally, I love the simplicity. And then there is their "secret menu", like getting your burger animal-style, or getting the fries well done.

silverblk mystix
06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
I've been to the one in Dallas, so I knew they were in Texas. But this will be the first one outside of the DFW area, which is a good sign that they will be expanding all around Texas. Probably only a matter of time before they end up in San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus now that they have a distribution center here. As an Austinite, I personally was just waiting for them to come here, so I'm stoked.

And this discussion has already been hashed out in other threads, but yes, In-N-Out is not like the greatest gourmet burgers other. They are a simple, fast-food burger...not a whole lot different from what you can already get at Whataburger, Mighty Fine, or P. Terrys. But they are (imo) pretty damn good for a basic, cheap burger.

For me, it's definitely a nostalgia thing (having lived in California for a while, and making it a point to hit them up whenever I visit Cali or Arizona), as it is for many people who have come over from the west coast. I imagine easterners feel the same way about White Castle...I tried them and wasn't too amazed, but I didn't grow up with them either.

I won't be one of the whackos waiting in line for 2 hours to get my order, or crying when I eat it...but once the hype dies down a little, I'm sure I'll be there on a semi-regular basis.

yup

stumbled out of a few hollywood bars many times and found myself @ in & out

or

traveled up the cali coast and stopped @ in & out on many trips

clambake
06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
extremely fresh burgers compared with other burgers.

resistanze
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Had it once when I went to LA a couple of years back. I would've enjoyed it better if an ulcer wasn't burning a hole through my stomach lining. I loved the toasted buns.

baseline bum
06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Their burgers are awesome but the really great thing about In N Out is the shakes. Whataburger shakes are dogshit in comparison.

cantthinkofanything
06-28-2012, 11:21 AM
yup

stumbled out of a few hollywood bars many times and found myself @ in & out

and in the arms of a naked man no doubt

silverblk mystix
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
and in the arms of a naked man no doubt

it was hollyweird...the gender lines are a little more ...vague :lmao

mrsmaalox
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
"The burger joint could open next year".....but, but I'm going to IKEA tomorrow! :depressed

I. Hustle
06-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm just waiting for Sandy's to expand and start opening up franchises

lol

robino2001
06-28-2012, 11:59 AM
"The burger joint could open next year".....but, but I'm going to IKEA tomorrow! :depressed

Awesome, thanks for keeping my taxes down :lol

DesignatedT
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Animal Fries.

Das Texan
06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
This is good news.

The bigger question is when that rich little fuck who is taking over companies is actually going to build that got damn steak n shake instead of just teasing everyone with that fucking sign.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Astoundingly overrated burger.

Viva Las Espuelas
The craze with in-n-out has died down here, from what I've seen. I live less than a mile from one and thankfully I've only been there two or three times. All I can suggest is don't make your first visit a to go order. They literally throw the food in the bag how they serve it in house. Also, keep in mind this is still fast food.

silverblk mystix
This is good news.

The bigger question is when that rich little fuck who is taking over companies is actually going to build that got damn steak n shake instead of just teasing everyone with that fucking sign.

Which city?

Austin has a few of those already.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
All I can suggest is don't make your first visit a to go order. They literally throw the food in the bag how they serve it in house. Also, keep in mind this is still fast food.

Drive-thru. Box. Lap mat.

Anything else is a rookie mistake.

silverblk mystix
06-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Double-double. Fries optional. Root beer.

CubanMustGo
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
This is good news.

If you are equating In-N-Out with the incredibly mundane Steak-N-It's-So-Bad-We-Constantly-Have-Coupons-Shake, I won't be going to the new one in Round Rock.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2012, 12:34 PM

I have no earthly idea what you're saying. I don't need a lapmat to eat on a damn table.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Steak n shake sucks the big one. Talk about frozen food city. Yuck

jeebus
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Astoundingly overrated burger.

+1

Had it once in Vegas, dunno what the hype was. Gave it another shot the next time I was in Vegas, still have no idea why it's hyped up so much.

Bill_Brasky
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I like Culver's tbh

clambake
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
+1

Had it once in Vegas, dunno what the hype was. Gave it another shot the next time I was in Vegas, still have no idea why it's hyped up so much.

that could very well be a location and staff issue. the ones here are always spot on.

johnsmith
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
SA residents excited that another fast food chain is getting closer.

Color me shocked.

jeebus
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
that could very well be a location and staff issue. the ones here are always spot on.

Went to two different ones tbh and on decent sides of the town. The food was decent and all but didn't live up to the hype of it being incredibly awesome. It's just a burger.

Ditty
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
This is good news.

:lol

They have had that sign on I-10 and La Cantera forever, I'm losing hope.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I have no earthly idea what you're saying. I don't need a lapmat to eat on a damn table.

Why would you make a to-go order if you're eating it in the restaurant? If your plan was to go inside and order food and then take it elsewhere to be eaten, I stand by the drive-thru/box/lap mat option.

Dex
06-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Double-double. Fries optional. Root beer.

Double-double, animal-style. Fries, well-done. Chocolate shake.

Yessss, please. :hungry:

mrsmaalox
06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Uh oh, the recommendation of a lapmat concerns me. Is this one of those slimy burgers where the condiments squirt out with each bite and you end up with a pile of slop in front of you about half way in? Don't like that. Don't like that at all :nope

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Why would you make a to-go order if you're eating it in the restaurant? If your plan was to go inside and order food and then take it elsewhere to be eaten, I stand by the drive-thru/box/lap mat option.

Still have no earthly idea where you're getting that from. All I stated was IF it is your first time there, don't get it to go. Why would I get it to go then eat there? smh

So much for trying to be "cute"........

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2012, 01:25 PM
The lapmat business is beyond me.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Still have no earthly idea where you're getting that from. All I stated was IF it is your first time there, don't get it to go. Why would I get it to go then eat there? smh

So much for trying to be "cute"........

Yes. In which case, I stand by my initial suggestion. If you want In-N-Out to-go, don't bother with the inside dining area. Go through the drive-thru, say yes when they ask if you'll be eating in your car, and they'll put it in a box (and give you a lap mat as a courtesy), which is by far the easiest way to transport In-N-Out foodstuffs. Their method of wrapping burgers and their fry containers and such aren't really suited for a bag.

The lapmat business is beyond me.

It's not rocket surgery. When you go through the drive-thru, if you get your food in a box they give you a lap mat. So it is written, so shall it be done.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Think I'd just rather have a P. Terry's closer to me. A little down on burgers overall these days tbh.

clambake
06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Uh oh, the recommendation of a lapmat concerns me. Is this one of those slimy burgers where the condiments squirt out with each bite and you end up with a pile of slop in front of you about half way in? Don't like that. Don't like that at all :nope

every ingredient here is very fresh and not greasy at all.

chunticakes
06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
freddy's > in n out

Dex
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM

The only burger that gets a little messy is when you get an "animal-style" burger, which means the patty is grilled in mustard, and it has extra thousand island sauce and grilled onions on it. But they don't call it "animal-style" for no reason; the messiness is part of the appeal.