PDA

View Full Version : If Splitter and Bonner are on the 2012 Spurs Roster

SequSpur
06-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I will no longer be a fan of Pop and his crew.

js...

Mel_13
06-28-2012, 11:03 PM
You'll be missed.

T Park
06-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Adios.

TimDunkem
06-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Didn't you say the same thing about Bonner last year as well?

gospursgojas
06-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Splitter AND Bonner? Together or either one. Be specific.

SamoanTD
06-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Can't take another year of the red rocket but he spreads the floor?

Sean Cagney
06-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Can't take another year of the red rocket but he spreads the floor?

He spreads his ass and gets fucked by pressure....

Stephen Jackson makes love to pressure!

smaka
06-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Replace Bonner with Lorbek. Give Splitter the last shot this year. Maybe he won't break a nail and play like a pussy.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2012, 06:11 AM
you say this every year, yet you come back like a 2 dollar ho

therealtruth
06-29-2012, 07:59 AM
I agree. Either give Splitter playing time or ship him. He's played well when he's got consistent minutes.

polandprzem
06-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Look at Bonner being on other team and produce in the playoffs.

bigfan
06-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Splitter has an upside; we know what Boner is; great when it doesnt count and Count Sucko in the playoffs.

Beaverfuzz
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Get lost.

BackHome
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I agree on Bonner but Splitter I will give him another year.

Richie
06-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Still high on Splitter, but only if Pop gives him plays him more. Another 20 min / game season and we might as well have traded him

Bonner needs to go, hopefully we can pickup lorbek to replace him.

Can we give away Bonner and get a trade exception back to use on Lorbek?

100%duncan
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Adios.

CGD
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Why havent you left yet? I'm relatively new to Spurstalk, but in that short time i feel like i've read at least 10 threads from you saying the exact same thing. GTFO already.

TampaDude
06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
We'll ship Bonner to some other team and when we play them, he'll go 10 of 12 from 3 to crush the Spurs. :lol

z0sa
06-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Have they given you an offer for backup PG yet, Sequ?

maverick1948
06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Bonner I can understand being that Lorbek is waiting to negotiate a contract with the Spurs and is world's better than Bonner.

But Splitter. Really, what C selected last night is better. Probably none at this point. Splitter had the 3rd best PER last year for Centers. The guy had his confidence shook last year when OKC started fouling intentionally. But give the guy a break. This was his first real run in the NBA playoffs. I expect him to be better next year and work with Chip or really improving his FT shooting and 10-15ft midrange game.

You fail to realize that Splitter missed the last two TC camps due to injuries and the lockout as well. Cut the guy a little slack.

I agree with this on Splitter. He needs to get a training camp and be healthy for a season. Missing his rookie camp and a large part of the season in his first year, set him back almost the full year. Then the lockout cost him the second camp. With little practice time, he did a good deal of learning on the fly over the partial seasons.

Also, we have a perchant for slamming James Anderson for not producing. You do realize, he broke his foot in his 5th game as a rookie, and had no training camp in his second.

I am not ready to give up on either. Both were to be big additions in the 2010-11 season and both had their problems.

If you dont like Bonner, sorry, he has done quite a bit for the Spurs. He didnt disappear this playoff season, he didnt get playing time. I have said it before and I'll say it again, "Pop needed to play our bench in the last 3 games, it couldnt have been any worse."

:toast

BackHome
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree with this on Splitter. He needs to get a training camp and be healthy for a season. Missing his rookie camp and a large part of the season in his first year, set him back almost the full year. Then the lockout cost him the second camp. With little practice time, he did a good deal of learning on the fly over the partial seasons.

Also, we have a perchant for slamming James Anderson for not producing. You do realize, he broke his foot in his 5th game as a rookie, and had no training camp in his second.

I am not ready to give up on either. Both were to be big additions in the 2010-11 season and both had their problems.

If you dont like Bonner, sorry, he has done quite a bit for the Spurs. He didnt disappear this playoff season, he didnt get playing time. I have said it before and I'll say it again, "Pop needed to play our bench in the last 3 games, it couldnt have been any worse."

Agreed with everything you said until you talked about Boner and then you lost me..

dylankerouac
06-29-2012, 08:20 PM
If Pop is not going to play Bonner during the post season because Bonner sucks than Buford needs to call his hand, get Bonner off the roster and force Pop to develop (ummm what) and hopefully trust (hah) another big with the minutes formerly known as Bonners'. Same goes for Blair, these two guys do not get playoff minutes.

The worst that can happen is Pop continuing to give no minutes to their replacements during the playoffs. No different result than what occurs now. Only improvements can be gained really.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Attenetion: you are reading meaningless Sequ thread #2026!

Bonner has to go, but Splitter is fine.

racm
06-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Splitter is the best backup center in the league, and could even be a starter. Only problem is his FTs and being made of glass.

I want no part of Bonner in the playoff rotation. Use him in the regular season as much as possible, but he should be the last big off the bench, as Pop learned too late.

therealtruth
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM

I agree it was stupid for Pop to go away from the bench with the exception of Bonner. It would have gave the starters more rest and allowed them to close out games better like they did in games 1-2. We were all worried about how the Spurs would react to their first loss but I think it was Pop who overreacted.

DMC
07-01-2012, 01:02 AM
If I dropped my fanhood based on the roster I would have quit in the 80's tbh.