PDA

View Full Version : So was the crowd better for Game 7?

ShoogarBear
06-24-2005, 02:01 AM
On TV, it sounded like it might have been.

Anyone there care to report?

FromWayDowntown
06-24-2005, 02:04 AM
I was VERY critical of the Game 6 crowd. The Game 7 crowd was loud and proud and represented San Antonio extremely well. I thought the crowd truly energized the Spurs tonight. If you were at both Games 6 and 7 and thought it was a good crowd on Tuesday, I hope you've reconsidered after tonight. It was as good as San Antonio has EVER been.

And props to Stan Kelly for getting on the "downstairs folks" and reminding them to stand and represent.

yaicu2
06-24-2005, 02:07 AM
VERY FUCKING AGREED, I was at games 1 and 6, and game 6 crowd really sucked ass!!! I'm sorry, but that to me was a big factor. I walked out of there with no fucking voice, and I was pissed, but you know what fuck it, we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

baseline bum
06-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Without a doubt. It was loud all night, even when Detroit was owning things early in the third.

goliath
06-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Crowd was unbelievable IMFO.

When I got to my seat with 20 min b/f tip, Everyone was there, standing and chanting GO SPURS GO.

I didnt sit the whole game and noone in my section did.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-24-2005, 02:41 AM
I thought one of the key moments was when Manu made a big play then exhorted the crowd onto their feet early in the 4th and they all stood for the rest of the game... magic!!!

goliath
06-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Crowd was awesome in my opinion

Sonia_TX
06-24-2005, 03:02 AM
I've been to all the Finals games in the SBC Center and tonight was the best! Wow! We started cheering and chanting about 30 minutes before the game started. Everybody busted out those cheer sticks (not many people do usually). We didn't stand the whole time (I know, bad us) but we did stand halfway through the third and the entire fourth. I finally gave up and asked the lady behind me if it was Okay if I stood. I had been wanting to ask her the whole game but never did. Anyhow... it was amazing and I took some video footage with my digital camera so everybody can see how loud it is. I'll try to post it another time (I have to put up my pictures from games 6 & 7...maybe sometime tomorrow)

Anyhow, I am rambling now...TIRED! I'm still on a high right now though. Woo!! Go Spurs Go!

Sense
06-24-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm very proud of the crowd tonight.....that was the crowd I wish I could've been a part of.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2005, 03:15 AM
We had 250 people gathered over in a bar near my house! We almost blew the roof off that mother!! I swear I can't hear too well after that! GOD IS GOOD, GOD IS GREAT, AND HE'S A SPURS FAN!!

Faccia di Angelo
06-24-2005, 06:45 AM
That crowd was amazing!! I was at game 1 and game6 too and thought the crowd at 6 wasn't very energetic at all, pretty lame. But last night's crowd (even though I showed up at halftime :lol) was awesome!!! They were on their feet at halftime and stayed that way the whole time screaming and cheering! It was a crazy vibe, everyone was into it!! I'll never forget that experience! Thanks Spurs and Spurs fans! :)

boutons
06-24-2005, 07:24 AM
After the SBC crowd's 6TH-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCE, I don't ever want to hear anybody talk about "HCA doesn't matter" or about a stupid, give-away Spurs loss in November "It's only one game".

Re-play Game7 but before the Auburn Hills crowd, and tell me what you think the outcome would have been?

Playing each of the 82 games for HCA is AWAYS worth it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2005, 07:53 AM
I was at game 6 in '03 and game 6 Tuesday. The crowd was weak Tuesday, and I knew in pre-game we weren't going to win. No energy, no electricity. Sad.

spur219
06-24-2005, 08:41 AM
It was freaking loud. My cousin was at game 6 and 7. Well he called me in game 6 and I could hear him actually talk to me. Well in game 7 I couldn't hear a damn thing. It was awesome. Way to go fans.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Those of you who went to the game, great job in being loud!

A+ performance.

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 08:44 AM
My head hurts from being tired....my throat hurts for screaming like a mad woman for 3 hours straight.....and my hands hurt from clapping, and my thumb & forefinger from whistling.

But I'm happy. :)

Das Texan
06-24-2005, 08:46 AM
the crowd was old school from all accounts.

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 08:49 AM
I've been to all the Finals games in the SBC Center and tonight was the best! Wow! We started cheering and chanting about 30 minutes before the game started. Everybody busted out those cheer sticks (not many people do usually). We didn't stand the whole time (I know, bad us) but we did stand halfway through the third and the entire fourth. I finally gave up and asked the lady behind me if it was Okay if I stood. I had been wanting to ask her the whole game but never did. Anyhow... it was amazing and I took some video footage with my digital camera so everybody can see how loud it is. I'll try to post it another time (I have to put up my pictures from games 6 & 7...maybe sometime tomorrow)

Anyhow, I am rambling now...TIRED! I'm still on a high right now though. Woo!! Go Spurs Go!

Sonia, that's very kind of you to offer to share your pics and video footage. I, for one, will love to see it since I was unable to attend.

Useruser666
06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
My head hurts from being tired....my throat hurts for screaming like a mad woman for 3 hours straight.....and my hands hurt from clapping, and my thumb & forefinger from whistling.

But I'm happy. :)

^^^ And that was before the game? :p

manu maniac
06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
I thought the fans at the SBC did an awesome job last night! Thanks for cheering our guys on!

Clandestino
06-24-2005, 09:54 AM
i also commend all the fans downtown... that was fucking awesome...

spurs championship = everyone in city are friends

50 cent
06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
It was freakin awesome! The crowd never slowed down from about 15 minutes before tipoff until after the Trophy presentation. I could hardly talk at the end of the night.

:tu

spurschick
06-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I didn't sit for 48 minutes. I have no voice today. I am still in absolute awe of what happened pre-game. I think we scared the Pistons. Hell, I think we may have scared the Spurs. I've never heard or seen the crowd keep up that kind of energy for an entire game. It was beautiful.

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Way to represent, spurs fans! :tu

SAtown
06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I have never seen an entire crowd so anxious to get started with Game 7 with 21 minutes left in pregame, and I wasn't any different. I went to both Game 6 & 7, and I thought the crowd in Game 7 was going to be the same as in 6. It seemed like the Game 6 crowd was just there to see the championship celebration, and they forgot the Spurs had to play a game before it. I remember seeing people leave with 10 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!. Last night's crowd proved to the Spurs and visiting Pistons' fans that San Antonio will not give up on the only we got.

timvp
06-24-2005, 11:26 AM
That was easily the best crowd I've ever witnessed. From 30 minutes before the game started, until ten minutes after the Spurs got the trophy ... Spurs fans were LOUD. While the Spurs were warming up, the crowd was banging their sticks and chanting GO SPURS GO the whole time.

In Game 6, Spurs fans were overconfident and were just waiting to win. In Game 7, Spurs fans went out there and won the game.

P.S.

I cheered more in Game 7 then the rest of the season combined. Today I have no voice, my throat is on fire, I think I'm getting sick and I'm going on like one hour sleep but its all worth it.

:smokin

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 11:27 AM
I didn't sit for 48 minutes. I have no voice today. I am still in absolute awe of what happened pre-game. I think we scared the Pistons. Hell, I think we may have scared the Spurs. I've never heard or seen the crowd keep up that kind of energy for an entire game. It was beautiful.

Did anyone behind you give you any crap this time? :)

boutons
06-24-2005, 11:30 AM
San Antonio Spurs @SBC for Game7: "6M0F" Award, hands down winners!

"SIXTH MAN OF THE FINALS" AWARD!!!

SpursChampsIII
06-24-2005, 11:43 AM
The crowd was DEFINITELY a factor in this game. Everyone in the SBC was on their feet cheering at least 20 minutes before the game started. I had to sit down and rest shortly before the game started because I was so damned tired. Spurs fans kicked ass tonight!

:king :king :king :king

SpursChampsIII
06-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Did anyone behind you give you any crap this time? :)

There was a lady behind my wife that kept asking her to sit down. Her husband reached over and touched my daughter's shoulder and said "I'm asking you nicely THIS TIME to sit down." I turned around and told him I would f'n kill him if he ever touched her again. We had no more problems. I don't understand...you're at a g-damn basketball game, stay the fuck out if you don't want to stand up. Dumbass pieces of shit!

Kori Ellis
06-24-2005, 11:51 AM
LJ is right. Last night was the best crowd ever at the SBC Center. Before the game started, the crowd set the tone. They got on their feet about 30 minutes before tip-off banging their cheer sticks in unison and chanting GO SPURS GO. It was something overwhelming. I was sitting next to Randy Beemer and screaming in his ear to talk to him and we couldn't hear each other at all.

During the game, the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear the PA music or the refs whistles a lot of the time.

The entire crowd from front row to the ceiling stood up for the majority of the game, but particularly the fourth quarter. In the second half, I was getting goosebumps from the crowd when the Spurs were down 9 and the crowd was rallying them back in. When the crowd lulled for just a brief second, Manu waved them back to their feet and the place erupted again.

HUGE Props to Spurs fans. It was incredible. The crowd was more than a Sixth Man.

50 cent
06-24-2005, 12:02 PM
LJ is right. Last night was the best crowd ever at the SBC Center. Before the game started, the crowd set the tone. They got on their feet about 30 minutes before tip-off banging their cheer sticks in unison and chanting GO SPURS GO. It was something overwhelming. I was sitting next to Randy Beemer and screaming in his ear to talk to him and we couldn't hear each other at all.

During the game, the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear the PA music or the refs whistles a lot of the time.

The entire crowd from front row to the ceiling stood up for the majority of the game, but particularly the fourth quarter. In the second half, I was getting goosebumps from the crowd when the Spurs were down 9 and the crowd was rallying them back in. When the crowd lulled for just a brief second, Manu waved them back to their feet and the place erupted again.

HUGE Props to Spurs fans. It was incredible. The crowd was more than a Sixth Man.

It was awesome! We talked about how amazing it was at halftime and in the 2nd half, the crowd took it up another notch when I didn't think that was possible. Detroit was burried when the Spurs went on the 7-0 run to cut it to 2 points when they had been down by 9 in the 3rd. There was little to no doubt after that the detroit could win 5 (well maybe 6 since they had Dick Bavetta) vs. 18,802.

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
In the second half, I was getting goosebumps from the crowd when the Spurs were down 9 and the crowd was rallying them back in. When the crowd lulled for just a brief second, Manu waved them back to their feet and the place erupted again.

I can't wait to hear what the players have say about it tomorrow night....they can have NO DOUBT we had their back last night.

:)

GTG? :angel :lol