Henry Sims
Hollis Thomson

venitian navigator
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Drew Gordon

ChumpDumper
06-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Eric Griffinhttp://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/EricGriffin/1325889601.jpg

If he made this dunk, give him a guaranteed contract.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
there was another guy who avg 20/10 didnt get drafted, while some euro scrubs 2/2 gets drafted...hence even that greek fag drafted by the knicks has shitty stats got drafted

pad300
06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/EricGriffin/1325889601.jpg

If he made this dunk, give him a guaranteed contract.

I've seen that picture, but I don't much care about that dunk. I do care that he can play 4, has a decent shot from 3 (.367 on 31 attempts this year, .344 on 60 or so last year,"a high release point and seems to have some potential in this area" ), he's a "outstanding" athlete (OK see picture), 3.0 BLk/40 pace adjusted, 10.9 rebs/40 pace adjusted..."a basic, but promising post-game", which resulted in a 0.638 on 2fg%...

I'd like to see him in camp.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2012, 10:39 AM
He made the dunk btw.

pad300
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
He made the dunk btw.

Yeah, I kind of expected that. DX wouldn't have used it as their picture if he'd missed it...

His major issue is that to play 4 in the NBA, he needs to add at least 20 lbs (and preferably 30). This is doable with NBA weight training and diet, but I figure it will take 2 years to add it as "good" weight. Still, it's a correctable physical defect, unlike say Denmon needing to add 2-3 inches in height...

racm
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I've seen that picture, but I don't much care about that dunk. I do care that he can play 4, has a decent shot from 3 (.367 on 31 attempts this year, .344 on 60 or so last year,"a high release point and seems to have some potential in this area" ), he's a "outstanding" athlete (OK see picture), 3.0 BLk/40 pace adjusted, 10.9 rebs/40 pace adjusted..."a basic, but promising post-game", which resulted in a 0.638 on 2fg%...

I'd like to see him in camp.

I think the only team more obsessed with stretch 4s is Orlando.

Beanzamillion21
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Eric Griffin seem like a good kid, Hope the Spurs take a good look at him.

Zr-s7HIOS9Q

Kind of reminds me of Malcom Thomas from last season. I wish he could have stayed longer.

BackHome
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Players we should offer summer league invites to:

Eric Griffin
Henry Sims
Hollis Thomson

RC Put the bottle down and call these guys and make sure they are in camp. After that you can pick up bottle.

dylankerouac
06-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Eric Griffin's worst case is apparently Malcolm Thomas. I was one of the many that was excited about the chance Thomas got. But yeah, it wasn't much of a chance.

Russ
06-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Also, Project spurs was reporting that the spurs are interested in a kid named Josh Magette.http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/june/spurs-inquired-about-josh-magette.html

How about this guy?

Bruno
06-29-2012, 04:40 PM
https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/218727501818630145

BTW, heard undrafted Xavier G Tu Holloway has received calls from Cavs, Lakers, Thunder & Spurs about summer league, but haven't confirmed.

timvp
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
The Spurs reaching out to Tu Holloway is even worse news for Joseph. You'd think the Spurs would keep the point guard minutes open if they are going to take a long look at Joseph in Vegas.

Personally, I want Joseph and Denmon splitting the point guard minutes. I don't see much use for adding a Holloway or Machado.

gospursgojas
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
James White!

Bruno
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Personally, I want Joseph and Denmon splitting the point guard minutes. I don't see much use for adding a Holloway or Machado.

I think Spurs should keep Denmon at the SG slot. Making the roster will be tough enough for him that you don't need to add making it while playing a whole new position. It's too much to ask.

DPG21920
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't get why people want to look at Joesph more? This seemed like a pick that RC knew the kid personally and he had some talent, but it's fairly clear to me he is not any where close to an NBA level player.

I know he's young and incredibly new and that it was always supposed to be a 2-3 year type pick (from a developmental standpoint), but sometimes IMO you just know. To me, CJ falls into that category.

BackHome
06-29-2012, 07:18 PM
The Spurs reaching out to Tu Holloway is even worse news for Joseph. You'd think the Spurs would keep the point guard minutes open if they are going to take a long look at Joseph in Vegas.

They saw enough of him to know they screwed up and he won't be on this team long.

BackHome
06-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I think Spurs should keep Denmon at the SG slot. Making the roster will be tough enough for him that you don't need to add making it while playing a whole new position. It's too much to ask.

So do you see him and De Colo playing together?

BackHome
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I kind of expected that. DX wouldn't have used it as their picture if he'd missed it...

His major issue is that to play 4 in the NBA, he needs to add at least 20 lbs (and preferably 30). This is doable with NBA weight training and diet, but I figure it will take 2 years to add it as "good" weight. Still, it's a correctable physical defect, unlike say Denmon needing to add 2-3 inches in height...

I don't know that skinny dude in OK is pretty damn good.

Bruno
06-29-2012, 07:32 PM
So do you see him and De Colo playing together?

On the paper, they are a terrific fit to play together. On offense, De Colo plays PG and Denmon plays SG. On defense, you can put Denmon on the opposite PG if he is too quick for De Colo.

maverick1948
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
How about this guy?

Seems like a possibility for backup point. Remember not every player comes from Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and North Carolina.

Mel_13
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM
How about this guy?

Going to Vegas with Memphis.

pad300
06-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't know that skinny dude in OK is pretty damn good.

Yeah, but he's also nowhere near as skinny as he used to be. And according to internet talk he's gotten a lot stronger. He managed zero reps of the 185 lb bar at the draft combine, but I recall reading somewhere lately that he's become a regular in the OKC weight room.

BackHome
06-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah, but he's also nowhere near as skinny as he used to be. And according to internet talk he's gotten a lot stronger. He managed zero reps of the 185 lb bar at the draft combine, but I recall reading somewhere lately that he's become a regular in the OKC weight room.

He still would not last ten seconds in a MMA cage.lol....but I understand what you are saying core strength... Which I guess is my point just because they are skinny doesn't mean they suck....look at Prince in Detroit.

jjktkk
06-29-2012, 10:19 PM

But if Denmon shows that he can play both guard positions, that increases his chance of making the team. I'm betting, because of his size, that his college coach and agent told him he probably will have show some pg ability.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-29-2012, 10:55 PM

SL is the time to try shit like Denmon running the point. No one is really trying to make the roster. Guys are trying to get a training camp invite, which Denmon should already have.

pad300
07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Eric Griffin to play Summer League with Atlanta - http://blogs.fayobserver.com/garbagetime/July-2012/Eric-Griffin-gains-spot-with-Atlanta-Hawks--summer

TE
07-02-2012, 05:03 AM
I don't get why people want to look at Joesph more? This seemed like a pick that RC knew the kid personally and he had some talent, but it's fairly clear to me he is not any where close to an NBA level player.

I know he's young and incredibly new and that it was always supposed to be a 2-3 year type pick (from a developmental standpoint), but sometimes IMO you just know. To me, CJ falls into that category.

Agree with DPG.

CJ isn't NBA level material... well at least on this team he isn't.

TE
07-02-2012, 05:05 AM
SL is the time to try shit like Denmon running the point. No one is really trying to make the roster. Guys are trying to get a training camp invite, which Denmon should already have.

Yeah, that's a perfect scenario for Denmon. Given the need for a reliable backup pg, Pop and co should at the very least entertain the idea to see how Denmon does at the point.