PDA

View Full Version : Your annual retarded Lance Blanks quote about the Suns' draft pick

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2012, 02:56 PM
"We didn't get Kendall for his athleticism and Kendall knows that," Blanks said. "We got him for his brain and his ability to make people better, who he is off the court for our locker room. He's in perfect alignment with what we want to be about as people and as an organization. He's just a wonderful human being. He'll make the guys around him better."

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

"We know Kendall Marshall is extremely unathletic and has inferior physical ability, but that's not why we drafted him. He might not really produce as a basketball player on the court, but he's a classy human being off the court. He's also got a really big brain!!!"

:lmao Suns = class
:lmao brains over athleticism

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I like Marshall, but the Suns should have gone for someone with a high ceiling instead of a guy who will probably be a lower level starting point guard. Their roster is crap and they need elite talent at all costs. I think he would have been a way better pick for New Orleans than Rivers though, for instance (Davis will never see the ball with Rivers and Gordon chucking shots).

z0sa
06-29-2012, 03:06 PM
He shot some blanks on those comments.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Marshall's ceiling is Brevin Knight, I'd be surprised if he ever averages more than 7 points a game in the NBA. John Henson fell in the Suns' lap and was an obvious pick. I'd be surprised if Marshall is ever a lower level starting PG, I see him as a career backup. The fact his "brain" is the only reason Lance Blanks gives for drafting him demonstrates that.

Samuel Eto'o
06-29-2012, 03:14 PM
"We're trying to rebuild, so are main focus is signing Ray Allen, Steve Nash, and Grant Hill to long-term contracts"

TIMMYtoZO
06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

"We know Kendall Marshall is extremely unathletic and has inferior physical ability, but that's not why we drafted him. He might not really produce as a basketball player on the court, but he's a classy human being off the court. He's also got a really big brain!!!"

:lmao Suns = class
:lmao brains over athleticism

Sup Deandre? Are you going to Alice's 5 kegger tonight? So far...Jerry, Deangelo, Demarcus, Megan, Brittany, Grace, and Beth are going with us.

Fpoonsie
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I've never heard a GM more explicitly compare a player he just picked up to that fat chick the insecure skinny friend brings to the club with her.

ElNono
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
But he's a classy guy :cry

VBM
06-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Sup Deandre? Are you going to Alice's 5 kegger tonight? So far...Jerry, Deangelo, Demarcus, Megan, Brittany, Grace, and Beth are going with us.

Brittany's parents can't be happy about their daughter partying with Deandre and Demarcus...probably not Deangelo either.

DMC
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
"If we could just lure Amare back we could make another run"

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Marshall's ceiling is Brevin Knight, I'd be surprised if he ever averages more than 7 points a game in the NBA. John Henson fell in the Suns' lap and was an obvious pick. I'd be surprised if Marshall is ever a lower level starting PG, I see him as a career backup. The fact his "brain" is the only reason Lance Blanks gives for drafting him demonstrates that.

Seeing North Carolina completely fall apart when he got hurt and seeing how shitty they were the year before when Larry Drew was running the team makes me think he's a reasonable PG prospect. He was arguably the most important player on that team. I don't see him living up to being another Andre Miller, but I'd be a little surprised to see him fall as low as being a Brevin Knight. Don't get me wrong: in Phoenix's situation I would absolutely have taken Henson, Terrence Jones, Perry Jones III, or maybe even Wroten if they were dead set on a point since the team is looking at a long rebuild and thus can afford to gamble on guys with upside. Going for an immediate fix in their situation is retarded.

jeebus
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
:lol would draft Stephen Hawking if they could
:lol "eat what you want just as long as you're smart"

Spurs9
06-29-2012, 05:25 PM
:lol Suns going after Baby davis/Blair now

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Seeing North Carolina completely fall apart when he got hurt and seeing how shitty they were the year before when Larry Drew was running the team makes me think he's a reasonable PG prospect. He was arguably the most important player on that team. I don't see him living up to being another Andre Miller, but I'd be a little surprised to see him fall as low as being a Brevin Knight. Don't get me wrong: in Phoenix's situation I would absolutely have taken Henson, Terrence Jones, Perry Jones III, or maybe even Wroten if they were dead set on a point since the team is looking at a long rebuild and thus can afford to gamble on guys with upside. Going for an immediate fix in their situation is retarded.
I think UNC falling apart is more of an indictment on Barnes/Henson/Zeller offensively then it is a testament to Marshall.

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but the year before there was the same kind of night and day turnaround with the team the second he took over at point from Drew.

Pelicans78
06-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Henson would have been a great pick. So stupid of them to reach for Marshall just because he's a PG. Henson had higher value and honestly should have gone to Detroit instead of Drummond. Henson could be a really good rebounder and defender and has the potential to make more impact on the court compared to a PG like Marshall. Definitely agree that Marshall was a bad pick.

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Henson would have been a great pick. So stupid of them to reach for Marshall just because he's a PG. Henson had higher value and honestly should have gone to Detroit instead of Drummond. Henson could be a really good rebounder and defender and has the potential to make more impact on the court compared to a PG like Marshall. Definitely agree that Marshall was a bad pick.

If Henson wasn't so skinny then I could see taking him over Drummond, but as it is they're both pretty high risk picks and you have to go with the guy with the much higher ceiling in that case. I see really high bust potential in both.

racm
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
:lmao Suns passing on the chance to pair Henson with Gortat
:lmao losing their best player to Toronto
:lmao starting a pass-first rookie
:lmao 19-63

Edward
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Right now the Suns' starting lineup is as follows:

Kendall Marshall
Jared Dudley
Josh Childress
Channing Frye
Marcin Gortat

yikes

racm
06-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Suns finish last in the Pacific tbh

Sacramento finally got another non-headcase player, Warriors look like a borderline playoff team, Lakers are a playoff team due to Bynum (and Kobe's chucking of course), and the Clippers just might win the division.

Edward
06-29-2012, 09:48 PM
If they do lose Nash to Toronto they could very well finish behind Charlotte.

Look at that starting lineup. I can't remember a team that ugly.

racm
06-29-2012, 09:56 PM
If they do lose Nash to Toronto they could very well finish behind Charlotte.

Look at that starting lineup. I can't remember a team that ugly.

When the only NBA talent on that roster is a Polish dude, you're screwed. :lol

Predicting Phoenix with a record of 19-63 and Charlotte with a record of 28-54. :hat

ElNono
06-29-2012, 09:56 PM
tbh, I just started a new My Player career mode in 2K12, did horrible in the rookie showcase game, and got drafted by the Suns... game is pretty realistic, tbh... :lol

racm
06-29-2012, 10:01 PM
tbh, I just started a new My Player career mode in 2K12, did horrible in the rookie showcase game, and got drafted by the Suns... game is pretty realistic, tbh... :lol

Tbh do badly to get drafted to a contender like Miami and you're set for easy championships.

Norris Cole has a ring. Blake Griffin hasn't.

Edward
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
For 2k11 I was a 7'2" low post center, got my rating up to 93 and signed with Miami.

That team was pretty good :lol

racm
06-29-2012, 10:05 PM
What was your team's season record? 72-10? :lol

Edward
06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
It was 78-4 :lol

racm
06-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Cool :lol

ElNono
06-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Tbh do badly to get drafted to a contender like Miami and you're set for easy championships.

Norris Cole has a ring. Blake Griffin hasn't.

tbh, I was shooting for something like that, but then Lance Blanks happened...

I'm going to have to start over...

Edward
06-29-2012, 10:22 PM
You must have been a great human being with a big brain if Lance Blanks picked you. What an honor :cry

ElNono
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
You must have been a great human being with a big brain if Lance Blanks picked you. What an honor :cry

:cry

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Right now the Suns' starting lineup is as follows:

Kendall Marshall
Jared Dudley
Josh Childress
Channing Frye
Marcin Gortat

yikes

That lineup will ensure they'll be in a great place to pass on Nerlens Noel next draft tbh.

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 02:15 AM

Was your brother an elite prospect?

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 02:17 AM
:cry Seriously though, they needed someone with class to fill in the empty holes in their hearts once Nash goes chasing his championship dream in Toronto. :cry

ElNono
06-30-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm like 3/4 through the season and just realized you can spend your skill points making your player better... :rollin

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Spend them all on class, son.

ElNono
06-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Lance Blanks told me spend it on smarts :cry

100%duncan
06-30-2012, 06:42 AM
:lmao

jag
06-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I've never heard a GM more explicitly compare a player he just picked up to that fat chick the insecure skinny friend brings to the club with her.

:lmao