PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think gets Deron Williams?

MavDynasty
06-29-2012, 04:33 PM
His list is Dallas or Brooklyn so it has to be one of those teams. Multiple sources are saying he wants to decide fast as well so we should hear his decision within a few days of Sunday. I honestly can't see any reason why D Will would want to re sign other than money. Brooklyn doesn't have much of a future imo.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Always thought he'd be staying in BK tbh.... simply for the $$$$ and it's freaking NEW YORK CITY tbh...

djohn2oo8
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Dallas. He's just trolling Brooklyn.

DMC
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Dallas would be a mistake. They've shown they aren't willing to spend to get/keep good interior defense.

mavs>spurs
06-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Dallas would be a mistake. They've shown they aren't willing to spend to get/keep good interior defense.

truth bombs

Kai
06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Brooklyn. He's not dumb enough to walk away from all that money.

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Dallas. Brooklyn has no shot whatsoever of landing Howard this summer. Their team is garbage and has no trade assets. Future 1st rounders aren't going to be enticing to Orlando since Williams+Howard will ensure them 50 win seasons and garbage draft picks every year. Plus next year is a weak draft. Howard has such shit for brains to waive his option and completely kill his ability to play with Williams in Brooklyn. What a stupid motherfucker.

MavDynasty
06-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Dallas. Brooklyn has no shot whatsoever of landing Howard this summer. Their team is garbage and has no trade assets. Future 1st rounders aren't going to be enticing to Orlando since Williams+Howard will ensure them 50 win seasons and garbage draft picks every year. Plus next year is a weak draft. Howard has such shit for brains to waive his option and completely kill his ability to play with Williams in Brooklyn. What a stupid motherfucker.

:lmao

rascal
06-29-2012, 06:10 PM
The Lakers will find a way to get in the mix.

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:14 PM

You think they'd trade Bynum to the Nets?

Clipper Nation
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM

Deron already shot them down, B...

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I guess I could see a three-way deal something along the lines of:

LA gets Deron Williams
Minnesota gets Gasol
Brooklyn gets Derrick Williams, Minnesota's 1st rounder, Webster and Miller contracts to be cut (is the last part allowable under the CBA though?)

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
double post

angelbelow
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd go with Mavericks. He would be going from one billionaire owner to other, and one who actually cares about his team. And the Nets have been plagued with poor management for a long time.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Prokhorov cares about the team and he has the right idea tbh... but he just isn't aware of the stigma around the Nets...

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
That Nets stigma will be easy to shake in Brooklyn. You can't compare it to the Clippers at all since Prohkorov is no Sterling.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I voted Brooklyn Nets because I'm a Nets fan, but that means I think he is going to Dallas. Though I think with both Brooklyn and Dallas which ever team he goes to he isn't going to win, Thunder will be amazing again in the west and Miami in the East, so with that said I think if he really wants to win he goes to Nets because he would have more years to try to win with them, then with Dallas. I mean Younger players, will Dirk be around in 5 years? I'm think more Nets players will be in the NBA is 5 years then more Dallas players. IMO. With that said neither team is a bad pick since he won't be winning with either next season

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:35 PM
I voted Brooklyn Nets because I'm a Nets fan, but that means I think he is going to Dallas. Though I think with both Brooklyn and Dallas which ever team he goes to he isn't going to win, Thunder will be amazing again in the west and Miami in the East, so with that said I think if he really wants to win he goes to Nets because he would have more years to try to win with them, then with Dallas. I mean Younger players, will Dirk be around in 5 years? I'm think more Nets players will be in the NBA is 5 years then more Dallas players. IMO. With that said neither team is a bad pick since he won't be winning with either next season

You make it sound like Favors is still there. Brooke Lopez is garbage, so is Mr Kardashian, and Marshon Brooks is nothing special. Gerald Wallace is about the only potential bright spot on that team to pair up with Williams, and I'd take a couple of years of Nowitzki over that in a second.

MavDynasty
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM

Lol Yankees
Lol nets
Lol cruise fetish
Lol ugly as fuck

DMC
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
The Lakers won't make any blockbuster moves until ball and chain retires. No real NBA talent wants to be saddled with a 30 million dollar, bone on bone, self entitled chucker.

Samuel Eto'o
06-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol cruise fetish
Lol ugly as fuck

:lmao:lmao

HeatChamps
06-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Definitely Nets. He's just trolling the Mavs. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol Yankees
Lol nets
Lol cruise fetish
Lol ugly as fuck

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Definitely Nets. He's just trolling the Mavs. :lol

I don't see it. He's played on pretty shitty teams his entire career, and the Nets don't have a lot of room to get that good. They have a boatload of capspace, but their best free agency options are going to be bringing back Gerald Wallace or signing Nicolas Batum, Lou Williams, OJ Mayo, Spencer Hawes, or JR Smith (no way the Angels are letting RFA Gordon walk). I mean that team has no way to get good this year now that Howard has Cheddar-Bob'ed himself. They have no assets to trade other than Williams, so that's out too.

pass1st
06-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Whoever gets Dwight will get Deron, end of story.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 06:50 PM
You make it sound like Favors is still there. Brooke Lopez is garbage, so is Mr Kardashian, and Marshon Brooks is nothing special. Gerald Wallace is about the only potential bright spot on that team to pair up with Williams, and I'd take a couple of years of Nowitzki over that in a second.

Brook Lopez was injured most of last year, guess you missed the two games he played where he was a beast, but that's easy to do against Dallas Mavs:toast and Knicks as well:toast:toast

Brooks is a good play, Hump prob won't be there. Wallace is good and Green who hopefully nets keep did good stuff

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 06:51 PM
The best move the Nets could realistically make would be to take Joe Johnson's contract off Atlanta's hands. Not sure that's going to bring Deron back tbh.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol Yankees
Lol nets
Lol cruise fetish
Lol ugly as fuck

didn't know you were a woman, what man uses lol:lol

Lincoln
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
What women has fat ass ankles and thighs, wears oversized jerseys all the time, goes on cruises alone, and has pimples all over her face?

Oh that's you my bad.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 06:59 PM
What women has fat ass ankles and thighs, wears oversized jerseys all the time, goes on cruises alone, and has pimples all over her face?

Oh that's you my bad.

sorry nope don't go on cruises alone, but we know Dallas will suck without Deron next season so we can agree on something.:toast:toast

Lincoln
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
You're beautiful

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/marla07860/Disney%20Magic%20Cruise%202010/scan0004.jpg

Lincoln
06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Forreal tho..you a dyke? I don't know any guy that would touch that ish..

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
You're beautiful

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/marla07860/Disney%20Magic%20Cruise%202010/scan0004.jpg

that's a old picture. Got to do better and find a new one. Then I'll give props to you:toast

Lincoln
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
:lol having a fupa before you're 35

Lincoln
06-29-2012, 07:05 PM
that's a old picture. Got to do better and find a new one. Then I'll give props to you:toast

I'm sure so much has changed in 2 years, did you get uglier and fatter? If so, I give you props. It must be damn hard already taking ugliness to a new level

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm sure so much has changed in 2 years, did you get uglier and fatter? If so, I give you props. It must be damn hard already taking ugliness to a new level

nope, you don't get props. And a lot has changed. Just like Dirk sucked last year:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toa st:toast:toast

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2012, 07:10 PM
:lol Bring a Dirk Fan sucks

djohn2oo8
06-29-2012, 07:14 PM
:lol He opted in because he was being dealt to Houston at the deadline, which will be even more hilarious if he's traded to the Rockets and Deron goes to Dallas.

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 07:17 PM
:lol He opted in because he was being dealt to Houston at the deadline, which will be even more hilarious if he's traded to the Rockets and Deron goes to Dallas.

I thought he opted in to keep from going to LA?

Mel_13
06-29-2012, 07:21 PM

That's how I recall it.

djohn2oo8
06-29-2012, 07:22 PM

In March, the Rockets remained steadfast in their willingness to “rent” Howard and stayed involved in talks with the Magic. At the Toyota Center on trade deadline day after the dust cleared, I was told that Rockets GM Daryl Morey was the last one standing in the Howard chase. Weeks later I was informed that when Rockets front office personnel called it a night in the wee hours of the morning of the trade deadline, they believed they were going to land Howard later that day. The 6-foot-11 center reversed course and agreed to not exercise his opt-out clause to become a free agent, instead staying with the Magic for another year.
It wasn’t until this week that we could say it definitively — multiple sources tell ClutchFans that had Dwight not opted in, he was coming to Houston in a trade.

(If I could add here some speculation — while no one has told me this, it’s been my theory since the deadline that the Rockets nearing in on a trade for Howard may have played a role in Dwight’s decision to not opt-out and instead stay an extra year in Orlando. By being traded to a “rental” team like the Rockets at the deadline, any chance of getting the max years and max raises from a team on Howard’s preferred list would have been killed. He either would have to get that from Houston, or take less from someone else — sign-and-trades no longer give the best of both worlds, as they did under the old CBA. By staying another year in Orlando, Howard bought more time to work a trade to a team he chooses. End theory.)

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/2668/dwight-howard-houston-rockets/

Mel_13
06-29-2012, 07:29 PM
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/2668/dwight-howard-houston-rockets/

Mainstream outlets reported that it was threat of a trade to LA that pushed Howard to give up his right to opt out.

Killakobe81
06-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Mainstream outlets reported that it was threat of a trade to LA that pushed Howard to give up his right to opt out.

That was bullshit, Lakers were not willing to trade without his opt in. Jim loves Bynum won't trade him without a star coming back.

djohn2oo8
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
More likely it was Houston given they were one of the only teams willing to rent him, and all the "Dwight won't sign long term" there chatter just before the draft.

Mel_13
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
That was bullshit, Lakers were not willing to trade without his opt in. Jim loves Bynum won't trade him without a star coming back.

Probably was. Whatever they told him, they got him to take an action against his own self-interest.

monosylab1k
06-29-2012, 08:06 PM
The latest reports are saying that he's been working out at Brooklyn's facilities and discussing strategies for next season with Avery. Also that the Mavs also think he's probably picking Brooklyn, and they're making backup plans instead. Then, those latest reports came from Chris Broussard so who really knows.

Edward
06-29-2012, 08:13 PM
:lol having a fupa before you're 35
:lmao her Reese's shirt
:lmao been eating too many Reese's

Samuel Eto'o
06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
:lmao her Reese's shirt
:lmao been eating too many Reese's

hey, you can never have too many reese's right :toast:toast:toast

Edward
06-29-2012, 08:30 PM
She's living proof of that saying :lol

baseline bum
06-29-2012, 08:38 PM
The latest reports are saying that he's been working out at Brooklyn's facilities and discussing strategies for next season with Avery. Also that the Mavs also think he's probably picking Brooklyn, and they're making backup plans instead. Then, those latest reports came from Chris Broussard so who really knows.

He has no leverage to force the trade though. The Nets seriously have nothing of value to offer and I can't imagine Orlando balking when they're the team in the position of power this summer. All Howard had to do was play out the remaining 2 months of his deal and he goes to Brooklyn with a five year Bird deal for a second round draft pick most likely. :lol

HeatChamps
06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
D. Williams is just trying to get more out of Brooklyn. Using Dallas as a key to get more money.

djohn2oo8
06-29-2012, 08:55 PM
He has no leverage to force the trade though. The Nets seriously have nothing of value to offer and I can't imagine Orlando balking when they're the team in the position of power this summer. All Howard had to do was play out the remaining 2 months of his deal and he goes to Brooklyn with a five year Bird deal for a second round draft pick most likely. :lol
It's also funny that he stopped talking to his agent just after he opted in.

racm
06-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Going back to the Nyets. Sure they'll still suck (and having only four guys under contract for next year), but Brooklyn is a bigger market and he'll make more there.

Not to mention the Mavs getting 3 of the Cavs' draft picks means they're either an attempt to inject youth into the roster with so many FAs leaving or they're leverage for a trade.

Kai
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Whoever gets Dwight will get Deron, end of story.

It might be more likely that who ever gets Deron will get Dwight...

Kai
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
More likely it was Houston given they were one of the only teams willing to rent him, and all the "Dwight won't sign long term" there chatter just before the draft.

Whether it was Houston, LA or wherever, I think it's just the fact that it wasn't Brooklyn. He wants Brooklyn and he wants his Bird's Rights contract. Orlando wasn't/isn't going to give him to Brooklyn, so he has to choose one or the other a year from now. I would wager he'd choose the money, just like Morey does. This is the same reason I think Deron stays where he is. Way too much money lost if you leave thanks to the new CBA. I love it. Stars need to stay where they earned their accolades, or suffer the consequences (or force a trade :lol).

Sean Cagney
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
BK all day......
It might be more likely that who ever gets Deron will get Dwight...

THIS.......

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-29-2012, 10:50 PM

This post made bout as much sense as fucking Kim Kardashian with no rubber.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
This post made bout as much sense as fucking Kim Kardashian with no rubber.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Nah B... I think the final story was that the Magic were saying he'd either go to the Lakers or Houston and Dwight wanted no part of either team....

monosylab1k
06-30-2012, 12:47 AM

lol sorry for the confusion, i was talking about Deron, not Dwight.

HeatChamps
06-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Answer this question. Why would Deron want to be in Dallas? He's got it made in New York.

m>s
06-30-2012, 04:04 AM
brooklyn only becomes an option to DH if they can keep their upcoming FAs such as Deron & G-force, but they're gonna lose them both this summer most likely. they'll replenish their squad with shitty signings who're awfully overpaid and continue to be mediocre for years to come

100%duncan
06-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Brooklyn.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Whether it was Houston, LA or wherever, I think it's just the fact that it wasn't Brooklyn. He wants Brooklyn and he wants his Bird's Rights contract. Orlando wasn't/isn't going to give him to Brooklyn, so he has to choose one or the other a year from now. I would wager he'd choose the money, just like Morey does. This is the same reason I think Deron stays where he is. Way too much money lost if you leave thanks to the new CBA. I love it. Stars need to stay where they earned their accolades, or suffer the consequences (or force a trade :lol).
Yup. I think he'll either stay in Orlando long term or get traded to Houston and sign an extension. Though I'd love to see him walk away from 57 mil, though he could make that up in endorsements in Brooklyn.

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Yup. I think he'll either stay in Orlando long term or get traded to Houston and sign an extension. Though I'd love to see him walk away from 57 mil, though he could make that up in endorsements in Brooklyn.

Huh?

25-30M

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Huh?

25-30M
This is how much money Dwight stands to lose over the next 10 years if he does not sign a birds rights max contract

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
This is how much money Dwight stands to lose over the next 10 years if he does not sign a birds rights max contract

I don't believe that.

MavDynasty
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
ESPN just posted an article-Deron won't meet with team officials until Monday.

Apparently, sources say that Kidd bought a house in NY recently and sold his Dallas home

:cry we unstacked

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 02:12 PM
lol sorry for the confusion, i was talking about Deron, not Dwight.

The fact that Deron's working with the Nets doesn't mean a lot to me right now, since he probably (stupidly) figures they can still get a trade done for Howard. I just can't see an all-star vet like Williams staying there without Howard so that everyone can forget him as he wins 35-40 games a season with that uninspiring roster that has nothing of real trade value.

ace3g
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
reading reports that Kidd signs where ever Deron signs

MavDynasty
06-30-2012, 02:16 PM
reading reports that Kidd signs where ever Deron signs

Exactly, which makes you wonder if they're going to NY because Kidd sold his Dallas home and bought a NY one a few months ago

Clipper Nation
06-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Cuban's not even going to the meeting I heard... too busy with his TV show... RIP Dallas Mavs Relevance, it's been real...

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Deron Williams, the most coveted player in this summer's free-agent class, will meet with representatives from the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks on Monday before deciding which team to sign with this July, according to a source privy to Williams' plan.

Mavericks free-agent point guard Jason Kidd will also join whichever team Williams chooses, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8116596/2012-nba-free-agency-deron-williams-meet-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-reps-monday-source-says

Did anyone see this package deal with Kidd coming?

slick'81
06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
kidd and deron nets r stacked

Samuel Eto'o
06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Hearing the news that Kidd and Deron intend on going to the same team, it makes me pretty confident that Deron is coming to Dallas. Jason Kidd seems to like it here, him and Dirk have become great friends, and I just don't see him leaving Dallas in this way. I think he would much rather resign here and go for another ring then basically start over in Brooklyn.

crc21209
06-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Source: D-Will to meet reps Monday

Deron Williams, the most coveted player in this summer's free-agent class, will meet with representatives from the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks on Monday before deciding which team to sign with this July, according to a source privy to Williams' plan.

Mavericks free-agent point guard Jason Kidd will also join whichever team Williams chooses, sources said.

Williams is spending the weekend playing golf with Kidd in New York's Hamptons, sources say, yet one more indicator that the Nets have at least a fighting chance to keep Williams and add Kidd sometime after free agency begins Sunday.

Kidd, who has indicated that he hopes to serve as a backup to Williams either in Brooklyn or Dallas, also recently purchased a home in East Hampton, a source close to Kidd said.

Another source with business ties to both Kidd and Williams says that the two already have decided to play together for the Nets next season. However, multiple sources say Williams is still torn about his decision.

Williams has said he wants to make the decision before training camp for the U.S. men's Olympic team begins in Las Vegas on July 7.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8116596/2012-nba-free-agency-deron-williams-meet-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-reps-monday-source-says

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow, so DWill is going to wait for Howard in 2013? Pretty surprising. I guess they might be able to get him at the deadline by throwing a draft pick and an expiring contract (surely they'll sign Humphries to another overpriced 1 year deal to make it a possibility). I'm really shocked he's going to throw another year away with no guarantee of getting Howard for 13-14.

LkrFan
06-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Brooklyn's in da house:

Amid what sources close to the process describe as mounting evidence to suggest that the Nets are on the verge of clinching Deron Williams' commitment to re-sign with them and continue his career in Brooklyn -- are likewise hot after Nash. Nash himself has acknowledged hearing and reading about a lucrative one-year offer to come back to Texas to reunite with close friend Dirk Nowitzki after his emotional departure eight years ago in the event that the Mavericks lose out in the Williams sweepstakes. But sources told ESPN.com this week that the Mavs are prepared to make it a two-year pitch to try to beat out the competition to clinch Nash's return.

LOL@MAVS (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8115302/steve-nash-examines-options-says-staying-phoenix-suns-no-longer-home-run)

88 year old JK will be backed up by 79 year old Nash? :lol

:downspin:

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Damn, get cheap with Tyson Chandler only to bring back Nash in the best case? Ouch.

mavs>spurs
06-30-2012, 05:52 PM
yeah if the mavs sign nash i'm done as a mav fan until he's gone

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah I don't buy it that Kidd is going to the Nets. It would make no sense at this point in his career.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm also really surprised (and happy) that the Suns seem pretty indifferent to resigning Nash and the contract they plan on offering is pretty low ball.

Good news for Dallas fans who don't want Nash (aka the smart ones), Nash wants a 3 year deal and it's supposedly a very high priority of his to get 3 years. Reports are that Dallas at the most would offer him a fat 1 year deal so it wouldn't fuck up a potential Dwight signing (even tho that's not happening without D-Will). Bryan Colangelo is enough of a hooker to give Nash the 8 figure salary he wants for the next 3 years, so at this point Toronto seems like the likely destination for Nash.

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah I don't buy it that Kidd is going to the Nets. It would make no sense at this point in his career.

:cry He wants Joumana back :cry

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm also really surprised (and happy) that the Suns seem pretty indifferent to resigning Nash and the contract they plan on offering is pretty low ball.

Good news for Dallas fans who don't want Nash (aka the smart ones), Nash wants a 3 year deal and it's supposedly a very high priority of his to get 3 years. Reports are that Dallas at the most would offer him a fat 1 year deal so it wouldn't fuck up a potential Dwight signing (even tho that's not happening without D-Will). Bryan Colangelo is enough of a hooker to give Nash the 8 figure salary he wants for the next 3 years, so at this point Toronto seems like the likely destination for Nash.

Would kicking Nash the fuck out soften the blow from drafting Marshall?

mavs>spurs
06-30-2012, 06:07 PM
i'm really hoping dok's toronto theory is right because i promise i will not watch a single mavericks game as long as nash is on the team

LkrFan
06-30-2012, 06:25 PM
yeah if the mavs sign nash i'm done as a mav fan until he's gone

Bandwagoner! I was a Laker fan during the Smush Parker years. What's worse than that? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Would kicking Nash the fuck out soften the blow from drafting Marshall?
Yes, but they aren't kicking Nash out. If tomorrow Babby had a press conference and said, "Steve will always be loved in Phoenix but it's time for both parties to move on. We need to go in a new direction." Then that'd be fine, but that's not what they're doing. They're gonna use their cap space to overpay a scrub like Eric Gordon. What they need to do is tank for Bazzers and not commit any long term cap space this off season.

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Kirilenko and Krstic? :rollin

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2012, 08:39 PM
As I said last week, my legit sources have told me Nash is going to Toronto, Phoenix or Portland..if Phoenix is low-balling, Nash to the Raptors appears likely, especially with the prevalence of rumors of Calderon's potential amnesty..

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Brian Colangelo is gonna be waiting at his door at midnight tonight ready to get on his knees and give Nash a fellatio. They're gonna outbid any other team and guarantee him a significant role. I don't see how he doesn't go to Toronto at this point.

Phoenix thinks it can get Eric Gordon (:lol thinking he'll make a difference). All Gordon is doing is using Phoenix to jack up his price tag.

Pelicans78
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Hornets will match any offer Gordon gets and the most teams can give is 4 years 55 million based on the new CBA.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Hornets will match any offer Gordon gets and the most teams can give is 4 years 55 million based on the new CBA.

Was just told that Houston is putting together an offer for Gordon S&T that centers around K.Martin and young players. Will allow Hornets to choose any 2-3 of the following if they are interested: Patterson, Lamb, White, Montiejunas, T.Jones. Doubt Hornets say yes, but they do like Martin. Either way, teams r going to go after Gordon and the Hornets will not get a discount this summer. Will have to pay max or close

https://twitter.com/#!/hornets247

Killakobe81
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/hornets247

Gordon would only make Hornets better out of those teams and he would need to stay healthy for that to happen. Why would Hornets prefer Martin? Yes he is fairly efficient, but he is a worse defender, older and has his own health concerns.

pass1st
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
:lol If hornets could grab Lamb

Killakobe81
06-30-2012, 09:22 PM

Lamb and Rivers are redundant. Hornets could use a real SF and Pg or Center

pass1st
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Lamb might be the only young guard that can live with Rivers' selfishness and he actually puts in effort into D unlike Rivers.

Although, the real appeal to getting Lamb is that there are teams that would have a strong interest in him as well. The move would likely be the first step in another move.

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 09:32 PM

You didn't see the interview ESPN did with Monty Williams in the second round on draft night? Rivers IS the point guard. Williams says Rivers is great at setting his teammates up. Williams has obviously never seen a single game Rivers has played. :lol

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Don't know what Mwhorey is doing but I'd rather keep Lamb and White, not so sure about Jones. I'd say trade Scola, Morris, Patterson before anybody else to clear up the forward spots.

pass1st
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
You didn't see the interview ESPN did with Monty Williams in the second round on draft night? Rivers IS the point guard. Williams says Rivers is great at setting his teammates up. Williams has obviously never seen a single game Rivers has played. :lol

Tbh, his attitude isn't the issue, per coach K: he's coachable.

Problem with Rivers is mainly from his refusal to really play defense and rebound. He's extremely good at 1 thing and only 1 thing : scoring. The lack of utility will hurt the team more than his shoot 1st attitude.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
No way DWill doesn't go to Brooklyn now, tbh... Dwight finally grew a pair and demanded to be traded specifically to there...

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
No way DWill doesn't go to Brooklyn now, tbh... Dwight finally grew a pair and demanded to be traded specifically to there...
:lol What? He opted in then went to the union to file a grievance against Orlando for blackmailing him in hopes of making him a free agent now. He fucked himself.

Kai
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM

Really don't see what Brooklyn could offer that entices Orlando to trade him there.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Really don't see what Brooklyn could offer that entices Orlando to trade him there.
They don't have anything. Billy King almost just sent expirings and a future draft pick to us for Scola until he figured out they're trying to cockblock them.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
:lol What? He opted in then went to the union to file a grievance against Orlando for blackmailing him in hopes of making him a free agent now. He fucked himself.
Sources tell me that pair he grew officially just deflated and shrunk back down to nothing, tbh...

Latarian Milton
07-01-2012, 05:46 AM
there's no hell of way mark signs nash and gives him 8 figure salary because that would make him look more of a dumbass than he already is, they would've rang multiple times probably had they not let him walk in 04 imho

Pelicans78
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't know what Mwhorey is doing but I'd rather keep Lamb and White, not so sure about Jones. I'd say trade Scola, Morris, Patterson before anybody else to clear up the forward spots.

I like Jones better than Lamb and White.

Kidd K
07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Curveball, he goes back to the Jazz.

. . .probably Dallas though. Even though he likely won't win with the current old Mavs team (they will be good though), he can at least be sure that Cuban will spend on winning and always be putting pieces around him. Dallas is a prime free agent destination too, so there's no worry that they won't draw talent.