PDA

View Full Version : Why is Jason Terry Such a Polarizing Figure

Calispursfan11
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I know he grabbed Michael Finley's nuts once and that he's kind of a dick/thug, but why do most non-Mav fans hate him so much? Mavs fans love him, he is pretty good, a fierce competitor, loves the game and has somehow remained really explosive even into his mid-thirties. I have hated this guy for such a long time, but he deserves at least minor props for the things I mentioned before he retires in the next couple of years and fades from memory.

mavs>spurs
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
2nd most important mav of all time

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I know he grabbed Michael Finley's nuts once and that he's kind of a dick/thug, but why do most non-Mav fans hate him so much? Mavs fans love him, he is pretty good, a fierce competitor, loves the game and has somehow remained really explosive even into his mid-thirties. I have hated this guy for such a long time, but he deserves at least minor props for the things I mentioned before he retires in the next couple of years and fades from memory.

Seems like you know the answer to your own question.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I never hated Jet tbh....

Calispursfan11
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
2nd most important mav of all time

I am not surprised at your answer although you may actually be right on this one, despite your bias. I am trying to think of another more important Mav than Terry. Jason Kidd was pretty good and don't forget Steve Nash and... Michael Finley. All were almost certainly better than JET in their prime. But when you say important, perhaps you are talking about something other than skill, stats etc.

Calispursfan11
06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Seems like you know the answer to your own question.

I know why I've disliked him but am wondering why others non-Mav fans seem to share the same view across the board. Plenty of dickish players exhibiting juvenille celebration antics on the court are really popular. Why would JET not be?

baseline bum
06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Do non-Spurs non-Mavs fans hate him? I have never heard it. I hate the guy more for that step back over Duncan in game 4 OT than I do the nut punch tbh.

mavs>spurs
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
I am not surprised at your answer although you may actually be right on this one, despite your bias. I am trying to think of another more important Mav than Terry. Jason Kidd was pretty good and don't forget Steve Nash and... Michael Finley. All were almost certainly better than JET in their prime. But when you say important, perhaps you are talking about something other than skill, stats etc.

lol i'm not sure what that strange little rant at the beginning of your post was about, but it's not bias. none of those other guys were here during the first trip to the finals and subsequent heartbreak, then the redemption last year. jason terry was pivotal in bringing a championship to dallas and stayed here through the bad times as well as the good.

between the huge game against LA to knock off the defending champs, the infamous rockets game back in 05, and game 6 vs miami where he took over for a faltering dirk and secured our first and only championship were some of the biggest games of all time by a maverick. without jet stepping up in game 6, we probably lose to the heat in 7.

slick'81
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM
he wears high socks no basketball player who was ever any good wore high socks

SenorSpur
06-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Perhaps it's because he's a psuedo cheap-shot artist, who has a low-BBIQ and still runs his mouth non-stop,

Budkin
06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Spurs fans hate him mainly because he always used to kill us, but it doesn't help that he talks mad shit, is arrogant, and punched Finley in the nuts.

racm
06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
He looks ratty.

jeebus
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM
How can I hate the man that blessed the world with the best material for a gif, hands down?

DMC
06-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Jet is usually the only sure thing on the court. If he got more touches in the post season, Dallas might have won a game or two.

I would love to have Jet in SA tbh, despite the nut punch. Finley needed it.

The size of the balls you need to tattoo the championship trophy on your bicep and win the same year... that's legendary tbh.

DMC
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.betterlivingthroughbeowulf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/johnson.jpg

:toast

mavs>spurs
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM

http://www.betterlivingthroughbeowulf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/johnson.jpg

:toast

crofl owned :toast

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 12:28 AM
How can I hate the man that blessed the world with the best material for a gif, hands down?

Yet Adam Morrison is pretty good GIF material, too, as you've shown with your own signature.

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
lol i'm not sure what that strange little rant at the beginning of your post was about, but it's not bias. none of those other guys were here during the first trip to the finals and subsequent heartbreak, then the redemption last year. jason terry was pivotal in bringing a championship to dallas and stayed here through the bad times as well as the good.

between the huge game against LA to knock off the defending champs, the infamous rockets game back in 05, and game 6 vs miami where he took over for a faltering dirk and secured our first and only championship were some of the biggest games of all time by a maverick. without jet stepping up in game 6, we probably lose to the heat in 7.

Lol, you are aight brah. So my question is, is Mono still suffering from the Pickle or did they remove that finally?

mavs>spurs
07-01-2012, 12:31 AM
the Pickle remains crofl

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 12:31 AM
He looks ratty.

Agreed. His features are moderately rodential in nature.

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 12:32 AM
the Pickle remains crofl

Lol, branded for life. Good one!

DMC
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM

Truths

Finley's resume in Dallas pales in comparison to Jet's. Jet has to be at least the 2nd most important Mav of all time.

Jacob1983
07-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Isn't JET in the top 5 in 3 pointers made?

He was the CO MVP of the Finals along with Dirk last year. He saved the Mavs in game 6.

He loves to talk shit but last year he backed it up.

Fpoonsie
07-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Y! Sources: With the loss of Ray Allen looming, Boston pursues free agent guard Jason Terry. http://tinyurl.com/7md8kny

rayjayjohnson
07-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Arrogance mostly, but he walked the walk when he rang.

LkrFan
07-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Polarizing? :rollin

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 11:11 AM

I would love Jason Terry in a Laker uni...

gaKNOW!blee
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
I would love Jason Terry in a Laker uni...

Yeah you love thinking about men in purple shorts don't ya fag?

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah you love thinking about men in purple shorts don't ya fag?

please stop harassing me..I'm hear to talk basketball...I no longer engage in such incivility

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I meant here

Viva Las Espuelas
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Eugene's an arrogant jackass

Eugene :lol

Kidd K
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Is this a hidden Terry troll thread or something?

1: He runs his mouth a LOT in interviews

2: He taunts during games (including fans)

3: He "celebrates" too much after late game shots

4: He think he's better than he really is

DAF86
07-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Is this a hidden Terry troll thread or something?

1: He runs his mouth a LOT in interviews

2: He taunts during games (including fans)

3: He "celebrates" too much after late game shots

4: He think he's better than he really is

This. He's just a douche that takes himself way too serious, is an attention whore and everytime he opens the mouth he uses more cliches than Shaq "analyzing" basketball.