PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard

Kai
07-01-2012, 12:19 AM
We don't technically have a thread that discusses all the incredibly fucking retarded shit Dwight is doing right now, and I figured he'll be a hot topic for a while, so here we go.

latest story

Sources: Dwight Howard wants trade (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8118159/sources-dwight-howard-tells-orlando-magic-gm-wants-trade-brooklyn-nets)

Dwight Howard met with new Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday and told him he wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Howard and Hennigan sat down face to face in Los Angeles, meeting for the first time since Hennigan became Orlando's GM nearly two weeks ago.

Hennigan was noncommittal when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources said.

Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would trade him. His intentions were merely to hear the thoughts of the Magic superstar.

Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

Sources said the union has no plans to pursue any such legal action against the Magic.

Friday was not the first time Howard asked the Magic to trade him. In December, before the lockout-shortened season began, he asked Orlando to deal him to the Nets.

Howard never rescinded his trade offer, even after picking up his option on the day of the trade deadline.

After undergoing surgery on his back in April, Howard asked then-Magic GM Otis Smith to trade him to the Nets, according to sources. Smith said he would seek a trade, but the Magic fired Smith shortly after the season ended.

:lol

Dwight back in February:

“I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city,” he said. “They didn’t deserve none of this.”

“I’m too loyal,” Howard said. “I’ve always believed loyalty is above everything.”

"Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando," Howard told RealGM. "I just can't leave it behind."

I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do."

"This has been a very hard time," Howard said. "For me, my family and all of us. The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city."

blackmailed? :lmao:lmao

*note: my attitude towards this mongoloid is subject to change to pseudo praise under the circumstances that my favorite team acquires him

DMC
07-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Great footnote, truth bomb imo for everyone here.

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM
I like his sincerity, hugging Van Gundy in a press conference after talking crap behind his back. What a tool. I almost prefer Bynum to his ass at this point. Unrelatedly, I was shocked to check out draft express and find the true heights of players. Howard is only 6-9 without shoes, and he's supposed to be the best center in the league. LOL. He's short.

Fpoonsie
07-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: The Orlando Magic have decided to begin engaging in trade discussions for Dwight Howard. http://tinyurl.com/7cxpdod

Lulz.

racm
07-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I like his sincerity, hugging Van Gundy in a press conference after talking crap behind his back. What a tool. I almost prefer Bynum to his ass at this point. Unrelatedly, I was shocked to check out draft express and find the true heights of players. Howard is only 6-9 without shoes, and he's supposed to be the best center in the league. LOL. He's short.

KG and TD tower over him?

Kai
07-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Y! Sources: The Orlando Magic have decided to begin engaging in trade discussions for Dwight Howard. http://tinyurl.com/7cxpdod

Lulz.

Bout damn time.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Bout damn time.

Vote for Avante.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm going to die laughing when he gets traded to New Orleans for Eric Gordon.

Venti Quattro
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm going to die laughing when he gets traded to New Orleans for Eric Gordon.

The Hornets are going to be way, way better with this trade. But New Orleans definitely needs a :cry Christian figure :cry

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 02:10 AM
The Hornets are going to be way, way better with this trade. But New Orleans definitely needs a :cry Christian figure :cry

Yeah, I would actually love that trade if I'm Howard. Christian Kemp + Unibrow patrolling the lane? :wow

Then all of a sudden the Rivers pick becomes a great move too. Gordon won't give a shit as long as Orlando pays his ass.

Kai
07-01-2012, 02:24 AM
If I was the Magic, I'd be more inclined to trade Dwight to the Bobcats for a real life bobcat than to trade him to Brooklyn for their best offer. This dude shit on the entire organization, there's no way I'd give him what he wants. Melo got lucky that NYK had a king's ransom stashed away for a rainy day. Dwight doesn't realize how different these two cases are.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 02:30 AM
If I was the Magic, I'd be more inclined to trade Dwight to the Bobcats for a real life bobcat than to trade him to Brooklyn for their best offer. This dude shit on the entire organization, there's no way I'd give him what he wants. Melo got lucky that NYK had a king's ransom stashed away for a rainy day. Dwight doesn't realize how different these two cases are.

I wouldn't trade Howard until the Nets had locked in someone like Wallace or Johnson to ensure he couldn't just sign there next summer. Wait until Brooklyn moves on and then dump his ass to some team that's equally shitty in comparison to the Magic.

Calispursfan11
07-01-2012, 02:31 AM
KG and TD tower over him?

Yes TD at 6-11 and KG at 7-0 without shoes!

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Send that motherfucker to Milwaukee and finally get Monta Ellis like they talked about at the deadline. Send him to Phoenix for Nash and at least get some ticket sales from classy white undersized point guard. Send him to Charlotte for MKG and have a fucking future. Send him to Utah where he can be scared of the Mormons (dude seems like a fundamentalist, and they hate the LDS).

smaka
07-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Send that retard to Bobcats, spoiled pussy.

Venti Quattro
07-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Send that retard to Bobcats, spoiled pussy.

That would be funny, but the Bobcats have nothing. I mean nothing...no wins, no trading pieces, no value, no use, no point in existing.

dunkman
07-01-2012, 03:47 AM
They could trade him to the Spurs. Too bad he only wants to play for the Nets.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2012, 03:52 AM
lol the world loyalty being misused here...how come he didnt show any for the 5 women with 5 diff children to him....lol fake ass christian

100%duncan
07-01-2012, 04:55 AM
I hope that fuck gets punched in the fuckin face.

Kai
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/files/2012/06/Dwight-Howard-loyalty-T-shirt.jpg

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
That would be funny, but the Bobcats have nothing. I mean nothing...no wins, no trading pieces, no value, no use, no point in existing.

Dude, MKG murders anything the Nets could trade. Biyombo probably beats anything the Nets could trade too. :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I hope that fuck gets punched in the fuckin face.

Ahhh come on guys...lay off Dwight...this is getting pretty ridiculous...the guy is not a bad guy...he's never been arrested, doesn't mess with drugs, he entertains the white media to their hearts delight, and he gives back to the community...he's pretty much done everything that white society has asked of him..no corn-rows, no wild ass tattoos all over his body, no cussing people out and acting like a thug...he's a good guy...his only sin is the different baby mammas but it's not like he's a burden on the welfare system..he pays for those kids..he's like any other red blooded American male who loves sex...sorry if some of you can't relate to that..:lol his only other sin is not packing jimmy hats when he's acting the part of Conan the Pussy Destroyer...

I just feel you guys are being overly sensitive as usual...stop being jealous and spiteful of the rich black athlete..they're hear to stay so get over it already...

If Dwight wants to go to NJ to never win a title then let him be on his way in piece...

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I meant peace

Kai
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I meant peace

:lol I see you still haven't mastered the arts of editing your posts yet.

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
:lol I see you still haven't mastered the arts of editing your posts yet.

Kai - after all I've contributed do you really beleive I don't know how to edit my posts...:lol

ask Kori why I don't edit :lol

Kai
07-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Kai - after all I've contributed do you really beleive I don't know how to edit my posts...:lol

ask Kori why I don't edit :lol

Okay I'll get right on that :lol

Donkeybong
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
i have a feeling he'll end up with the rockets for this year. Rockets seem like they don't give a shit right now and wouldn't have a problem with a 1 year rental.

Kai
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
i have a feeling he'll end up with the rockets for this year. Rockets seem like they don't give a shit right now and wouldn't have a problem with a 1 year rental.

I'd be fine with this. If he stays, fine. If he leaves, we have a built in excuse to tank that we can sell to the fans. "Blame Howard, not us."

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I'd be fine with this. If he stays, fine. If he leaves, we have a built in excuse to tank that we can sell to the fans. "Blame Howard, not us."

:cry:cry:cry Please Dwight sign with my shitty team

djohn2oo8
07-01-2012, 12:56 PM
:cry:cry:cry Please Dwight sign with my shitty team

:lol Kool begging for Dwight AND CP3

jeebus
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1769153

:cry

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
LOL god telling him to claim Orlando blackmailed him. LOL god is as shitty with career as he is with money.

jeebus
07-01-2012, 01:30 PM
LOL god telling him to claim Orlando blackmailed him. LOL god is as shitty with career as he is with money.

"Be fruitful and multiply" - God

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/03/dwight-howards-secret-baby-mamas-hope-alexatiffany-render-maybe-more-photos/

Viva Las Espuelas
07-01-2012, 01:58 PM
The dude's a frickin' idiot. He already cost a man his job. A job that he had no intention of staying at. A damn coward. He should sack up and be a man about what all he's doing.

Donkeybong
07-01-2012, 02:09 PM
So has Dwight reached Lebron level status in public enemy? Or has he surpassed it?

jeebus
07-01-2012, 02:13 PM
So has Dwight reached Lebron level status in public enemy? Or has he surpassed it?

Dwight's just a dumbass who people laugh at, while Lebron is a cocky faggot.

Budkin
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm a Magic fan as well and I was willing to forgive him after he apologized for his antics, but now after they fired the GM and the coach just to make him happy he still wants to be traded?? I'm over it, trade the whiny brat and move on.

Kai
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
per Woj

Lakers, Nets, Rockets discuss potential Dwight Howard trade with Magic (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--magic-are-weighing-trade-offers-for-dwight-howard.html;_ylt=As7lPuGnswZM60wfXTXVttS8vLYF)

The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have had preliminary contact about a possible deal for All-Star center Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Dwight Howard is pushing for a trade to Brooklyn, but can the Nets make a deal? (Reuters)Orlando officials are willing to discuss trades for Howard, and the Lakers have been one of the teams in touch with them over the weekend, sources said. The Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets have also talked to Magic officials, sources said.

While the Lakers have yet to make a direct offer, there's no scenario where Orlando would move Howard to the Lakers without getting back Andrew Bynum, L.A.'s 24-year-old All-Star center. Pau Gasol wouldn't fit the Magic's desires to rebuild with young players and draft picks.

The Lakers had been willing to part with Bynum for Howard in March, but those talks ended when Howard decided to decline his early termination option and remain under contract through the 2012-13 season.

The Magic reached out to teams Saturday and told them that they’ll discuss proposals about moving Howard, sources said.

Howard and his agent, Dan Fegan, have repeatedly told the Magic in recent weeks that Howard wants to be moved, and that his preferred destination of the Brooklyn Nets hasn’t changed, sources said.

Nevertheless, time is running out for Howard to be traded to Brooklyn because Nets general manager Billy King has begun to aggressively explore deals for players like Joe Johnson, Luis Scola and O.J. Mayo in an attempt to surround free-agent point guard Deron Williams with more talent. Williams is choosing between the Nets and Dallas Mavericks and could make a decision in the next several days. Sources say Williams' patience with waiting for Howard to eventually come to Brooklyn is wearing out, and that he’s likely to make his decision whether to accept the Nets' five-year, $100 million contract offer devoid of Howard as a factor.

The Nets have already reached agreement with Gerald Wallace on a four-year, $40 million deal and are working to re-sign Brook Lopez, another of their free agents. Their salary cap will be too congested to sign Howard as a free agent next summer. For now, Brooklyn could include Lopez in a sign-and-trade with young players and future draft picks for Howard, but the Nets probably can’t construct the most attractive package for Orlando.

The Houston Rockets remain determined to try to land Howard, and have several young players to offer as part of a package.

timtonymanu
07-01-2012, 03:45 PM
rofl I still remember Jarrett Jack or somebody tweeting, commending Howard for being :cry loyal to Orlando by opting in :cry.

I can't see how anyone would still hate LeBron over Dwight Howard at this point.

dbreiden83080
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Send him to Brooklyn already.. He can play without Williams and lose 50 games a year or with Williams and lose in the 1st or 2nd round every year.. Get him the hell out of Orlando already.. He's a pain..

HeatChamps
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
That would be good news for the sport. We need a Laker/Heat final.

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
All he had to do was NOT pick up the option. Sure people in Orlando woulda hated him but

a) They hate him anyway
b) He woulda been gone by now and signed with a new team and put all this shit to rest

I honestly think this guy might be borderline retarded.

Kai
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
All he had to do was NOT pick up the option. Sure people in Orlando woulda hated him but

a) They hate him anyway
b) He woulda been gone by now and signed with a new team and put all this shit to rest

It looks a lot like the only reason he opted in was because he wants his Bird's Rights contract. This is why I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. The money is too important to him.

TE
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM

a) They hate him anyway

Yeah I agree about picking up the option. He was fucking stupid on his decision. All he had to do was not pick it up, and he would have had the chance to go to any team capable of affording him.

He looks like a fucking retard right now.

TE
07-01-2012, 04:12 PM
It looks a lot like the only reason he opted in was because he wants his Bird's Rights contract. This is why I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. The money is too important to him.

Excuse me being naive, but why the Bird's Rights contract? What leverage does it give a player?

Koolaid_Man
07-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Fuck me in my silver dollar sized ass hole, but what is the Bird's Rights contract? What leverage does it give a player?

fify lil homie

DMC
07-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Excuse me being naive, but why the Bird's Rights contract? What leverage does it give a player?

Bird rights are traded with the player, big deal for team trying to acquire him but facing salary cap limitations.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
"Be fruitful and multiply" - God

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/03/dwight-howards-secret-baby-mamas-hope-alexatiffany-render-maybe-more-photos/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/hope-alexa/hope-alexa-dwight-howard-5.jpg

Damn!

Kai
07-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Not only do Bird Rights give you the power to go over the cap to re-sign a player, it also allows you to offer more money than anyone else. The team that holds a player's Bird rights can offer a higher percentage increase in salary each and every year of the deal than any other team. The team also has the power to offer 1 more year than any team in the league as well. Obviously, for max players this is a whole lot of money, I believe ~$30 million difference between a Bird rights and non-bird contract for a guy like Dwight. Up until this past year, a team was able to sign & trade a player using these rights (Miami with LeBron, Toronto with Bosh), but now the rules are different with the main change being you cannot sign the player for the extra year. If anyone notices anything wrong about my explanation, please let me know.

This is why I believe Deron stays in Brooklyn, and Dwight will have a tough time leaving whichever team trades for him.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM

Orlando would have done a sign and trade for a second round pick so he could stay Bird. It's an unwritten rule in the NBA that you do that when the other team could sign the guy outright anyways, to keep from pissing off agents. I mean if Cleveland could sign-and-trade LeBron to Miami there's no way Orlando wouldn't have done the same.

Kai
07-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Orlando would have done a sign and trade for a second round pick so he could stay Bird. It's an unwritten rule in the NBA that you do that when the other team could sign the guy outright anyways, to keep from pissing off agents. I mean if Cleveland could sign-and-trade LeBron there's no way Orlando wouldn't have done the same.

Don't know the exact rules, but s&t with this new CBA isn't that much different than signing outright with another team. This was a major move on the owner's part to ensure franchise players don't bolt like LeBron and Bosh.

EDIT: here we go: (http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/3/10/2860159/new-cba-rules-to-affect-trades)

That's one of the rules that no longer exist in the new CBA, as John Schuhmann writes. Sign-and-trades work like free agent signings: no additional year, no bigger raises and, as Schuhmann notes, no incentive for Dwight Howard and the Nets (or the Mavericks) to do a sign-and-trade with the Magic after July 1. Of course, there's the issue of the additional year Howard would lose if he signs with the Nets but as Schuhmann notes, the Nets have leverage too "because Orlando's not getting anything back if they keep Howard past the deadline and he ultimately chooses to play in Brooklyn next season."

This is the biggest reason Dwight is pouting. He doesn't have the same leverage LeBron and Carmelo had.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Don't know the exact rules, but s&t with this new CBA isn't that much different than signing outright with another team. This was a major move on the owner's part to ensure franchise players don't bolt like LeBron and Bosh.

EDIT: OK, you were right. Now I see where you were coming from there. LOL Dwight thought he could have it both ways. Wow, the players got dicked even worse than I initially thought by this new CBA. :lol

Kai
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
The Bird raises dropped to 7.5%, non-Bird are 4.5%. Bird limit is 5 years, non-Bird 4. Nevertheless, it's virtually guaranteed he would have been signed-and-traded Full Bird, whether it was from Orlando or a rental like Houston/LA when moving onto Brooklyn had he not waived the opt-out.

S&T would render the bird rights useless for Dwight, if I understand the new CBA correctly.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Damn you for quoting my post before I changed it after reading your link! :flipoff

Kai
07-01-2012, 05:23 PM

I think it's a good move by the owners tbh. Unless a player has irreparable differences with his team and forces a trade (like Dwight), he really has to give up a lot to leave the team he got famous with. Too many teams are getting fucked because of simple geography.

baseline bum
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Of course it's a good move from the owner's standpoint, as it greatly lessens what an RFA can make. I bet you'd hate that kind of rule applying to you in real life though.

Kai
07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Dwight Howard: I'll only re-sign with one team (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html)

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports he will not re-sign with a team outside his preferred list that trades for him, and emphatically denied that he ever used the term "blackmail" to describe how Magic officials convinced him to waive his early termination option.

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard also denied an ESPN report that he had told people Orlando Magic officials had “blackmailed” him into forgoing the early termination option on his contract that ultimately cost him his free agency this summer.

"I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. “I never said that. It’s defamatory and it’s inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."

Howard met with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday in Los Angeles, and said he told Hennigan of his desire to be traded. However, Howard insisted he was merely repeating a position he had made clear to Magic officials since waiving his ETO in March.

"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [Smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded – months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."

Howard is rehabilitating from back surgery, and wouldn’t speculate on whether he could be prepared to return for the start of the regular season. Howard had a herniated disk repaired, and sizable fragments of bone removed on April 20. Before the diagnosis that Howard would require season-ending surgery late in the Magic's regular season, Howard had heard the suggestions inside and outside the organization that perhaps he wasn’t truly injured, that maybe he had bailed on his team.

"I’ve never faked anything," Howard told Yahoo! Sports. "I’d never fake a back injury to not play for my team. I played a lot of games in a lot of pain, and there were times that I was crying in the locker room afterward because I was so seriously hurt. But I kept fighting. I’ve played with a cracked sternum in the past, and played with a lot of different [injuries].

"This time, I couldn't play. Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too. And something happened that I couldn’t control. :cry:cry

"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

Howard discussed something else that had become synonymous with his season, and that was the bizarre April 5 shootaround in Orlando when his former coach, Stan Van Gundy, told reporters that Orlando management had informed him that Howard had requested his firing. The video of Howard walking into a scrum of reporters, unaware of what Van Gundy had said, went viral. Ultimately, it became a flashpoint of criticism toward Howard.

When asked if he felt set up, Howard told Yahoo! Sports: “I did. I had no clue about what had happened, about what he had said. I wanted to clear it up that this was not what was happening behind closed doors, and I stepped into something that I didn’t know how to handle. It hurts me to this day, thinking about how people were saying these things about me, calling me, "a coach killer," and all this crazy stuff. It upset me, it hurt a lot."

HeatChamps
07-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Dwight Howard just needs to join the Heat and be done with it. :D

DJ Mbenga
07-02-2012, 12:55 AM
orlando magic your thoughts on this story:

l1dnqKGuezo

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 01:34 AM
orlando magic your thoughts on this story:

l1dnqKGuezo

The writers are such assholes for having he and Nerese come out so clean. :lol

That shit pissed me off more than Dukie becoming Bubbles Jr tbh.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Dwight Howard: I'll only re-sign with one team (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html)
Fuck that piece of shit.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd still trade for him and dare him to take less money, alot less. If he walks, then fine he walks. But he already proved once that he'll blink.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Fuck that piece of shit.

Get over it dude...you got Omar Asik..

7' ft getting 25 million

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dude is likely from Pakistan, has zero career double doubles, has never scored 10 points in a single game. It very well may be that he's never scored more than 5 points in a single game tbh :lol

Here is his career bio :lmao:

2.9 ppg
4.4 rbs
0.8 blks

.529 fg % which is pretty dam good :lmao

7' ft getting 25 million :lmao

Donkeybong
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM

7' ft getting 25 million

Dude is likely from Pakistan, has zero career double doubles, has never scored 10 points in a single game. It very well may be that he's never scored more than 5 points in a single game tbh :lol

2.9 ppg
4.4 rbs
0.8 blks

I thought you were joking about the career stats, until i looked it up for myself. holy shit, what is rocket's management doing?

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I thought you were joking about the career stats, until i looked it up for myself. holy shit, what is rocket's management doing?
Honestly don't know.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 11:48 AM

7' ft getting 25 million

2.9 ppg
4.4 rbs
0.8 blks

:lol Kobe 30 million until he retires
:lol Stuck with Poo Poo Pau.

flipspursfan
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Still more productive than Omar Asik though.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Still more productive than Omar Asik though.
All is well if Chicago matches it, like is being reported.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Omar got the contract offer and was quietly saying to himself:" These Muthafuckas"...:lol

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

I think I'd rather have TOSBryant at $60 million than Asik at $25 million, real talk.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I think I'd rather have TOSBryant at $60 million than Asik at $25 million, real talk.
If the Bulls match it they match it. If they don't, then I'm not sweatin' it because it's not like the Rockets are a playoff contender anyway.

Dex
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Fucking basketball players are such primadonnas these days.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
If the Bulls match it they match it. If they don't, then I'm not sweatin' it because it's not like the Rockets are a playoff contender anyway.

I really don't see how it's possible for CHI to match.

MavDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Broussard just said that Dallas and LAL are on Howard's list, with Dallas being in the lead.

Triple d dynasty?

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
LA actually has assets. If Bynum is offered, a deal gets done (and LA can afford to do that).

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
LA actually has assets. If Bynum is offered, a deal gets done (and LA can afford to do that).

How would that make you feel?

Kai
07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
If Bynum is on the table, Dwight is going to LA. Laker's have a decision to make.

Samuel Eto'o
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Bucher: Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
How would that make you feel?

If Dwight is healthy? I think it's a must do for LA. Dwight is superior to Bynum. My only concern, no joke, is that Dwight is pretty emotionally unstable. LA is not a good place for that, but you have to do it.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Dwight/Magic have no other choice but to be a Laker. My opinion on him has soured lately (and the injury is cause for concern), but he's an upgrade and he'll attract other FA's

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
If Bynum is on the table, Dwight is going to LA. Laker's have a decision to make.

naah that Nigga has a bad back..I say dangle Pau and MWP :toast

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Kurt Helin (http://twitter.com/basketballtalk): Don't think Magic are rushing to trade Howard. They are happy to let Howard stew., wait for good deal. They aren't the ones that look bad. 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statuses/219932184730021889)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zVhEcIFk

Kai
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Dwight/Magic have no other choice but to be a Laker. My opinion on him has soured lately (and the injury is cause for concern), but he's an upgrade and he'll attract other FA's

I think the bigger question is if LA is willing to do the trade. How much of an upgrade is it? Jim Buss likes Bynum, and Dwight has a legitimate concerns about his back, not to mention the fact that he doesn't want to go there and he's a UFA next summer.

Kai
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Kurt Helin (http://twitter.com/basketballtalk): Don't think Magic are rushing to trade Howard. They are happy to let Howard stew., wait for good deal. They aren't the ones that look bad. 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statuses/219932184730021889)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zVhEcIFk
I'd imagine the offers get worse the longer they wait. Now is the time to put a plan in place and execute, because waiting on Howard and failing to get him will leave you with nothing while all the other teams pick up all the other available players.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I think the bigger question is if LA is willing to do the trade. How much of an upgrade is it? Jim Buss likes Bynum, and Dwight has a legitimate concerns about his back, not to mention the fact that he doesn't want to go there and he's a UFA next summer.

He'll be ok..once Kobe reassures him and gives him a hug...Kobe is pro when it comes to this shit..Dwight is a fucking newbie compared to the shit Kobe been through...the Hollywood elite will win Dwight's feeble mind over and if we win no way he leaves...He'll be grateful he was forced to play in LA

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM

I agree about the concerns over his back--especially for a player who almost exclusively relies on his athleticism, but all this talk about him "not wanting to play in LA" is hilarious:lol

Even if he tweets that, it's just posturing. Every NBA player would love a chance to don the P&G, play in front of the stars, and pursue beaucoup advertising dollars and other career options.

Think about it realistically...you're a mid-20's star in the prime of your life--where would you want to live?

Kai
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree about the concerns over his back--especially for a player who almost exclusively relies on his athleticism, but all this talk about him "not wanting to play in LA" is hilarious:lol

Even if he tweets that, it's just posturing. Every NBA player would love a chance to don the P&G, play in front of the stars, and pursue beaucoup advertising dollars and other career options.

Think about it realistically...you're a mid-20's star in the prime of your life--where would you want to live?

Well if you want to dig deep inside of Dwight's mind and pry the LA desire out, go right ahead, but I'm just speaking from a Lakers' front office perspective.

Fact: Dwight did not put you on a list of teams he wanted to be traded to.
Fact: Dwight will be a FA next summer.
Fact: Bynum, the second best Center in the league, not coming off of season ending surgery, is already in your pocket, and can be retained for sure.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that the Lakers are going to pull the trigger.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Well if you want to dig deep inside of Dwight's mind and pry the LA desire out, go right ahead, but I'm just speaking from a Lakers' front office perspective.

Fact: Dwight did not put you on a list of teams he wanted to be traded to.
Fact: Dwight will be a FA next summer.
Fact: Bynum, the second best Center in the league, not coming off of season ending surgery, is already in your pocket, and can be retained for sure.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that the Lakers are going to pull the trigger.

FACT: Dwight changes his mind more than a pre-teen girl.

I didn't say it was a forgone conclusion from the Lakers side, but if you're Orlando why would you even consider Dallas at this point? They have literally nothing to offer. The communication lines will be open when it comes to Bynum-Howard offers--and thanks to last year--the Lakers won't have to give up as much as they would've in 2011-12. If he's healthy and the Lakers want him, the Magic would be stupid not to take Bynum. They can't possibly do any better for themselves.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Would a Dwight + Gasol combo be better?

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes.
You don't think Gasol would still be a liability in the playoffs? Seems they'd want to get rid of him first seeing how he's easily affected mentally by off the court issues.

Samuel Eto'o
07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
It basically comes down to if any teams other then Dallas (dwights wishlist) want to risk a one year rental of a player who is known to be a distraction when he is unhappy. I can't imagine that ORL is gonna be getting many great offers.

imho, Houston looks promising. They've been rumored to be up for the gamble and they have the assets to put together a decent package.

Samuel Eto'o
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Also sounds like ATL is a player. Al/Teague + draft picks?

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
You don't think Gasol would still be a liability in the playoffs? Seems they'd want to get rid of him first seeing how he's easily affected mentally by off the court issues.

Let me fuck with you for a minute:

Kobe
Dwight
Pau
Beasley
OJ Mayo / Nick Young
MWP
Blake

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Let me fuck with you for a minute:

Kobe
Dwight
Pau
Beasley
OJ Mayo / Nick Young
MWP
Blake
One of Dwight's main complaints in Orlando is that they didn't pass the ball inside enough. Bynum had the same complaint too. That team right there is ballhog city.

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Not saying we get Dwight, but if you do Players like Mayo make little sense you want shooters and passers. not guys who want to deive the lane or shoot long twos ...I like Mayo but only if Dwight doesnt come. Lakers would need more shot makers because Dwight's range is even more limited than Bynum's is ...

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Lakers are not getting Beasley, Mayo Dragic etc unless they take a huge discount and short-term deal, to cash in next one.

Lakers have at best a chance at: Sessions, Hill, Rush, Wright etc. Laker fans need to be realistic. Our cap is fucked. You get Dwight if you can if not keep Drew. You get Dwight you can get accept less on the dollar for Pau and maybe hope to get an Anderson type shooting PF. He doesnt have to hit 3's, just one that can make open mid-range jumpers. Pau can hit those, but pased up too many up for my tastes ...these past two playoffs.

Josepatches_
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
1) Gasol would play out of the paint again so he's not going to play better. Even Bynum has a better range than Howard.

2)Bynum is better every year,Howard isn't going to improve. Next year Bynum could be as good as Howard.

3)Howard will be a FA next summer. Another MAX player in LA?

tbh Howard should resign in Orlando.Nobody is gonna pay him more than Orlando.

russellgoat
07-02-2012, 07:33 PM
black people have the right to do bad things because of the bad things you idiot whiteys did to his ancestors.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
It's fun to do bad things.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
If Dwight is healthy? I think it's a must do for LA. Dwight is superior to Bynum. My only concern, no joke, is that Dwight is pretty emotionally unstable. LA is not a good place for that, but you have to do it.

Keep tickling my ass DPG I need that right now - thanks Buddy :toast

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Lakers are not getting Beasley, Mayo Dragic etc unless they take a huge discount and short-term deal, to cash in next one.

Lakers have at best a chance at: Sessions, Hill, Rush, Wright etc. Laker fans need to be realistic. Our cap is fucked. You get Dwight if you can if not keep Drew. You get Dwight you can get accept less on the dollar for Pau and maybe hope to get an Anderson type shooting PF. He doesnt have to hit 3's, just one that can make open mid-range jumpers. Pau can hit those, but pased up too many up for my tastes ...these past two playoffs.

I'm gonna rememba dat shit

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Shaun Powell
Whenever the subject of Dwight Howard returning home someday to play for the Hawks was raised, Dwight (softly) shot down the idea. Since leaving the ATL outta high school, he's never lived there in the off-season, never warmed to the idea of returning. For any reason.
19 minutes ago http://sulia.com/channel/nba-free-ag...source=twitter

fwiw

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm gonna rememba dat shit

Remember it, writ it down, take a picture put in big, BOLD letters :lol

I HOPE I am wrong, but Phoenix and others with ample cap space are talking BEasley we whould of pulled the trigger last year Beasly, DerrickWill and a future pick.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
1) Gasol would play out of the paint again so he's not going to play better. Even Bynum has a better range than Howard.

2)Bynum is better every year,Howard isn't going to improve. Next year Bynum could be as good as Howard.

3)Howard will be a FA next summer. Another MAX player in LA?

tbh Howard should resign in Orlando.Nobody is gonna pay him more than Orlando.

After all the bridges he's burned in Orlando?

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
And the ironing, if Joe J deal helped Hawks land Dwight :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Remember it, writ it down, take a picture put in big, BOLD letters :lol

I HOPE I am wrong, but Phoenix and others with ample cap space are talking BEasley we whould of pulled the trigger last year Beasly, DerrickWill and a future pick.

we will likely S&T Hill for Beasley...here's the line-up:

Howard
Pau
MWP/ Beasley
Kobe
Dragic

Jacob1983
07-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Howard is better than Bynum but Bynum seems more likeable and laid back and not as big of a diva like D12 is.

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
I'd imagine the offers get worse the longer they wait. Now is the time to put a plan in place and execute, because waiting on Howard and failing to get him will leave you with nothing while all the other teams pick up all the other available players.

How could they get any worse than Brooke Lopez from Brooklyn and Houston's garbage? I would seriously rather let him walk for absolutely nothing than take back either of those deals.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
How could they get any worse than Brooke Lopez from Brooklyn and Houston's garbage? I would seriously rather let him walk for absolutely nothing than take back either of those deals.
They took Houston's "garbage" at the deadline before Dwight opted in. Then again they had a different GM.

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
^ Yeah, I was about to say they don't have Otis Smith in charge now. What a moron he was.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
However, Dwight being the dumbass that he is, has possibly driven his own value down with his shenanigans. Orlando can keep him, but do they really want this circus to drag out any longer? Let's say they let him walk for nothing. They still have Turkoglu and Richardson on the books, trying to get rid of at least one of them. Dwight for Bynum is the most logical and likely to happen, but if it doesn't, and Houstons willing to take on Hedo, Orlando might do it.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
*Only if Lakers don't want to give up Bynum.

Donkeybong
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
at this rate, we could probably ask for some pics along with dwight just to take him off orlando's hands

Kai
07-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm not convinced at all that Houston and LA are the only horses in this race.

DJ Mbenga
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not convinced at all that Houston and LA are the only horses in this race.

Think Houston gets him. They have the young pieces to do it and more does t care

spurs10
07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Is it more likely Dwight and DWill end up in Dallas now that Brooklyn has not made a move on trading for Dwight?

Kai
07-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Is it more likely Dwight and DWill end up in Dallas now that Brooklyn has not made a move on trading for Dwight?

I'd say it's more likely, but still a long shot.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM

If Williams chooses Dallas, their chances to get Howard go down to almost zero. If Williams doesn't choose Dallas, they'll still be a distinct longshot, but they'll have a chance.

Latarian Milton
07-02-2012, 11:24 PM
brooklyn already used up their trading assets in another deal which brought them JJ from atlanta :lol brooklyn out of the DH pursuit now, a backcourt of deron/JJ wouldn't look too bad but i doubt deron is staying there w/o DH.

brooklyn = F:lolCKED

Kai
07-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Howard is better than Bynum but Bynum seems more likeable and laid back and not as big of a diva like D12 is.

This would have been the most ridiculous statement a year ago :lol

spurs10
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM
If Williams chooses Dallas, their chances to get Howard go down to almost zero. If Williams doesn't choose Dallas, they'll still be a distinct longshot, but they'll have a chance.
Thanks and good! :toast

Kai
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM

As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.

Dwight Howard Rumors: Andrew Bynum is "Top Target" of Orlando Magic in Howard Trade, According to Report (http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2012/7/3/3135111/dwight-howard-nba-trade-rumors-lakers-andrew-bynum-magic)

As the Orlando Magic work to trade center Dwight Howard, the team has identified Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum as the player they most want in return, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. The Magic and the Brooklyn Nets have reportedly discussed swapping Howard for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and draft picks, but Orlando is discussing deals with other teams as well.

Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD has noted that Los Angeles never offered Bynum in return for Howard in prior trade talks, instead choosing to build its offer around veteran power forward/center Pau Gasol. :lmao

Howard has made clear in recent days his desire to join the Nets for their first season in Brooklyn, indicating he would only commit to a long-term contract with them, and not with any other team. Would the Lakers risk dealing Bynum, just 24 and a one-time All-Star, for Howard, hoping a year in L.A. could persuade him to change his mind?

Bynum averaged 18.7 points, 11.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks in the 2011/12 season. He's more physically imposing and skilled in the low post than Howard, but far less mobile and athletic.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Bynum for Howard should be a no brainer for L.A.....Guess not

Josepatches_
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard

Anyway Howard is fucked.He's not going to the Nets and he's no going to end playing in a contender. 2nd round exit at best.
He should resign with Orlando. Everybody will forgive his trade request like it happened with Kobe.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Bynum for Howard should be a no brainer for L.A.....Guess not

Gets them no closer to beating OKC.. Howard is not the offensive player Bynum is and Kobe is just another year older..

Kai
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard

Anyway Howard is fucked.He's not going to the Nets and he's no going to end playing in a contender. 2nd round exit at best.
He should resign with Orlando. Everybody will forgive his trade request like it happened with Kobe.

I doubt Orland will keep him unless he signs an extension this offseason. Doubt he does that.

Duncan2177
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Howard has the emotional stability of a sleep-deprived toddler the day after Christmas.

07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
clippers should just bite the bullet and ship out griffin and jordan for howard. everyone will be happy. magic get huge amounts of talent, clippers automatically convince CP3 to stay with a WCF appearance next season, and howard gets his big market team and ability to contend without joining the lakers.

Kai
07-03-2012, 04:05 PM
clippers should just bite the bullet and ship out griffin and jordan for howard. everyone will be happy. magic get huge amounts of talent, clippers automatically convince CP3 to stay with a WCF appearance next season, and howard gets his big market team and ability to contend without joining the lakers.

Apparently Griffin will sign a new deal with the Clips soon, and Jordan can't get traded until December IIRC. They could come into play at the deadline if Dwight is still in Orlando.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Apparently Griffin will sign a new deal with the Clips soon, and Jordan can't get traded until December IIRC. They could come into play at the deadline if Dwight is still in Orlando.

Jordan's on the second year of his deal. He can definitely be traded immediately. I don't believe Griffin's extension leads to any restrictions in when he can be traded, but the extension can't be signed until July 11th. Orlando could extend the contract after the trade.

In short, there doesn't appear to be any obstacle to the trade other than the willingness to trade Griffin.

Kai
07-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Hmm, well I read some bad reporting then. Either way, I seriously doubt LAC deals Griffin for a non-guaranteed Dwight.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Hmm, well I read some bad reporting then. Either way, I seriously doubt LAC deals Griffin for a non-guaranteed Dwight.

Yeah, they can't make that trade unless Howard agrees to sign an extension.