PDA

View Full Version : Splitter, Anderson and Joseph

maverick1948
07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
2010-11

Splitter injures calf(IIRC) in pre season camp on second or third day. Pop prepares for season with Splitter having little to no impact.

Anderson breaks his foot in the 5th game. Pop sets new rotation. Anderson returns to very limited action.

Joseph plays PG at the U of Texas to a 20- 14 record. Drafted by SA at 29.

2011-12

Lockout delays season. Little training camp. Compressed season. Very little time for practice.

Splitter plays a role as backup center to Duncan. Same as the previous season. Gets increased playing time in second season.

Anderson returns from microfracture surgury. No training camp. Slow start and Green's fast start, dooms him to little playing time.

Joseph swaps time at SA and Austin. Has no training camp. Little chance to play except in extreme garbage time. Plays good minutes and shows signs of being a basketball player. Flashes some excellent play and some bad decisions.

3 Player, 2 seasons. Are they busts? I dont think any of them are busts.

Splitter has the basketball IQ to be a replacement for TD and I believe with a FULL training camp and some injury free playing time, he will be able to play beside TD in the paint.

Anderson, if we lose Green, needs to be given the chance to play a training camp and injury free period before we give up on him. He has a great shot and with some time for training camp and practice he should return to the form that made the Spurs draft him.

Joseph needs time to develop into an NBA point guard. Anyone remember a skinny little French kid? Parker got a chance when he came to the Spurs. Joseph may or may not become our next PG, but giving up on him this fast is plain stupid.

Expecting some one to come in and play for the Spurs early is not going to happen even with a free agent. Diaw came in and worked well with TP because they have played together before. Lorbek and De Colo will have to learn the system. Even watching Leonard play this season, he still has a lot to learn. I think a lot of teams are kicking themselves for passing on him.

Let's stop the talk of them being busts without getting the necessary time to evaluate them.