PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis already injured

smaka
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
"@WojYahooNBA: Anthony Davis suffered a severely sprained ankle in a Hornets workout and almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA, sources tell Y!"

smaka
07-02-2012, 12:14 PM
"@JMcDonald_SAEN: Wait, Anthony Davis is already hurt? Did he accidentally get drafted by Portland and nobody told us?"

Venti Quattro
07-02-2012, 12:19 PM
:cry He injured his unibrow :cry

VBM
07-02-2012, 12:23 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WYN1F06EOCU/TWUHqdgJCgI/AAAAAAAAAVE/iSyhxXgqY4M/s1600/stephen%2Bcurry.png

"I got your ankle injury right here"

flipspursfan
07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
severe. good luck to the guy.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Whoops

Juggity
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
WoW.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WYN1F06EOCU/TWUHqdgJCgI/AAAAAAAAAVE/iSyhxXgqY4M/s1600/stephen%2Bcurry.png

:lmao

LnGrrrR
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
"@JMcDonald_SAEN: Wait, Anthony Davis is already hurt? Did he accidentally get drafted by Portland and nobody told us?"

/thread

smaka
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
"@ESPNSteinLine: Early forecast on No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis' ankle injury is "up to two weeks," according to sources briefed on his condition"

VBM
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Portland only deals with shattered knees, tbh. Ankles aren't their M.O.

Jodelo
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lmao

thispego
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM

:rolleyes who gave this guy his job?

Darth_Pelican
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis sidelined by left ankle sprain; Olympic status to be reevaluated later in week

Published: Monday, July 02, 2012, 12:29 PM Updated: Monday, July 02, 2012, 1:12 PM

By Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune (http://connect.nola.com/user/jssmith/index.html)

An ankle injury, that one source termed "lightly sprained" could keep New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis out for one to two weeks, jeopardizing his chance at making the U.S. Olympic basketball team.
Davis injured his left ankle in a Saturday workout at the Alario Center, and there were reports on Monday that the injury was severe. The Hornets are considering Davis "day-to-day."
The injury is not severe, according to a league source. His status on his ability to work in the Olympic basketball training camp that begins Friday in Las Vegas will be evaluated later in the week.
Anthony Davis Sr., Davis's father, said by phone on Monday that he didn't know any details about the injury.
"I have no idea," the elder Davis said. "I don't know anything about his ankle. I haven't heard anything."
Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick, quoting USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo, said Colangelo was still gathering information regarding the injury.
"Just getting a report that his ankle is serious doesn't mean anything to me until we get an official doctor's report on what that means," Colangelo told the magazine. "Does it mean he can't practice for a week? Does it mean he's out for a month? You know what I'm saying. I don't like to speculate." Players are gathering at week's end in Las Vegas for USA Basketball's pre-Olympic training camp and Davis is on the roster to attend.

Venti Quattro
07-02-2012, 01:28 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

TE
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Damn... He was suppose to have a training session with coach K on the 4th...

At this point it's inevitable, Demarcus Cousins sold his soul to the devil to be on this team. :lol

VBM
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
At this point it's inevitable, Demarcus Cousins sold his soul to the devil to be on this team. :lol

It'd be entertaining at least.

tesseractive
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Portland only deals with shattered knees, tbh. Ankles aren't their M.O.

Tonya Harding is from Portland. Coincidence?

Venti Quattro
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I already imagine DeMarcus Cousins bitching at Kobe and the media for not passing him the ball. It will make the Team USA win more dramatic. :tu

Oh yeah, suck it world. As long as LeBron, Durant and Kobe show up, we're going to win. :tu :tu

VBM
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Tonya Harding is from Portland. Coincidence?

Her ex-husband, Jeff Gillooly, and her bodyguard, Shawn Eckhardt, hired Shane Stant to break Kerrigan's right leg so that she would be unable to skate. He followed her to Detroit after failing to find her at her training rink in Massachusetts, and struck her on the thigh a few inches above the knee with a collapsible police baton. Her leg was only bruised, not broken, but the injury forced her to withdraw from the national championship.

Because of those bolded mistakes, Portland probably disowned her.

Banzai
07-02-2012, 01:57 PM
So Bosh out, Wade out, Davis out..what are the chances team USA repeats as Champs?

tesseractive
07-02-2012, 02:12 PM
So Bosh out, Wade out, Davis out..what are the chances team USA repeats as Champs?

As long as neither LeBron nor Durant drop out, I think Team USA is going to stay the favorite no matter who else they put out on the court.

Honestly, if we completely run out of post players, we could line up LeBron at center and Durant at the 4 and round the team out with some shooters and I would still like our odds.

TE
07-02-2012, 02:16 PM

They'll still win Gold.

They have the two best players in the world and a veteran Kobe Bryant.

I am more worried about not having Bosh because of the lack of bigs. Plus, he's proven to be a good international player. The wade injury was to be expected given how he uncharacteristically performed in the playoffs...he looked hobbled in a lot of games. When it came to wade, I had already accepted the fact that he wouldn't play. I thought Bosh would've played...him dropping from competition is disappointing.

Experimenting with Anthony Davis would produce similar results to the Emeka Okafor experiment of the 2004 Olympics. I'd also rather take legit bigs with meat, international bigs are slow, big, and physical...it be best to take someone like Cousins...it's not like we have any more options at this point. Every big man looks to be going down.

Spurs9
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
How is unibrow already on the Olympic team?

pass1st
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
That's a bad omen, hopefully he doesn't turn out to be too fragile for the NBA

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 05:14 PM
after hearing this news I bet that faggot BR Hornet prolly standing underneath a freeway- bummed out crying and begging for money and shit - lol

lefty
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Unibrow is too heavy TBH

racm
07-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Eh, it's an Ankle Sprain. He'll be fine once training camp starts.

Tbh Team USA is still favored but they lost depth - their big man rotation is down to Chandler/Love/Griffin, which means Coach K will go small with a lot of LeBron/Durant at the 4.

Latarian Milton
07-02-2012, 11:55 PM
nigga just doesn't wanna play the olympics, or the team doesn't want him to play there. dude got injured in a HORNETS workout that says enough