PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert "leaning" towards Blazers

SpurPadre
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/01/hibbert-leaning-toward-portland-after-max-offer/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The only reason I bring this up is if Hibbert leaves the Pacers, maybe they'd like to do another deal with us and take Bonner off our hands? I'd take anything for him. Wishful thinking but still, it would be interesting to see how this plays out.

timvp
07-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Replace Hibbert with Bonner?

Put down the hydro and step away.

SpurPadre
07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Replace Hibbert with Bonner?

Put down the hydro and step away.

haha, not as a starter of course but as an extra big they could use off the bench.

AFBlue
07-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Assuming they don't match, I'd offer Splitter, Blair and a first round pick for George....and they'd hang up right away.

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/01/hibbert-leaning-toward-portland-after-max-offer/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The only reason I bring this up is if Hibbert leaves the Pacers, maybe they'd like to do another deal with us and take Bonner off our hands? I'd take anything for him. Wishful thinking but still, it would be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hopefully the Blazers get him, it would help our chances with Batum
A s&t of Splitter, Bonner, Green, Neal and possibly Byars/CoJo?
Duncan/Blair(or free agent big)
Diaw/Lorbek
Kawhi/Jax
Batum/Ginobili
Parker/Mills-De Colo
:lobt2:

CGD
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM

But only if we get Paul George or Danny Granger in the exchange.

dbestpro
07-02-2012, 04:15 PM
He can lean any which way he wants, the Pacers are gonna match the offer.

ivanfromwestwood
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Who is byars?

TimDunkem
07-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Byars is still on this team? :wtf

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Byars is still on this team? :wtf

Minimum contract. 100% unguaranteed. Can be used as trade filler or waived at any time.

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Who is byars?

http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/2011
someone we signed in april from the DL

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Minimum contract. 100% unguaranteed. Can be used as trade filler or waived at any time.

beat me to it:toast

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Diaw/Lorbek
Kawhi/Jax
Batum/Ginobili
Parker/Mills-De Colo

No way I want to pay Batum market value when the Spurs have Kawhi for 3 more years at way below market value. Batum's a nice player, but Kawhi has shown a lot and the Spurs have no need for a three with him and StackJack giving them the best SF rotation the franchise has ever had.

Brazil
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
haha, not as a starter of course but as an extra big they could use off the bench.

doesn't make any sense

why the fact Hibbert is leaning towards Blazers is relevant for them to take Bonner? :lol

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
No way I want to pay Batum market value when the Spurs have Kawhi for 3 more years at way below market value. Batum's a nice player, but Kawhi has shown a lot and the Spurs have no need for a three with him and StackJack giving them the best SF rotation the franchise has ever had.

I see your point but wouldn't it be nice to have two great perimeter defenders on the team? Against a team like OKC with Durant and Harden, we could put Batum and Kawhi on them and sub Jax in without missing a beat, Durant will still get his but it'll be hard. This way, we could force Westbrook into chucking mode and try and let him beat us.

ducks
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
batman got a offered over 8 million a year
NO THANK YOU

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
batman got a offered over 8 million a year
NO THANK YOU

Heck Asik got offered 8 million a year, you don't think Batum is worth that?

CGD
07-02-2012, 05:22 PM
He can lean any which way he wants, the Pacers are gonna match the offer.

I have my doubts if they'll match. If Indy can get Kaman they'll let him walk imo. Having signed George Hill for many years, matching Hibbert now to a max deal may make it harder for them to re-up key players like Paul George down the line.

SpurPadre
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM

sigh...here we go again and it must be clarified, BATUM CAN PLAY THE 2. He's played several games at SG for the Blazers and for France. Why do people think it's such a problem for Kawhi and Batum to play together? If you want to talk about how Batum is too expensive for us, fine. Let's go with that but people gotta stop with the "we already got a 3" argument.

AFBlue
07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I have my doubts if they'll match. If Indy can get Kaman they'll let him walk imo. Having signed George Hill for many years, matching Hibbert now to a max deal may make it harder for them to re-up key players like Paul George down the line.

Hibbert is a far superior player to Kaman. The players that should be concerned about Paul George Hill extensions are Collison and Granger.

Dex
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
:lmao When are people going to realize that the Spurs are not going to get anything of value for Bonner?

If they don't downright amnesty him, they will probably have to add a sweetener or take a worse deal (read: huge contract, useless player) to get Bonner off the roster.

Or we'll be stuck with another year of praying that Pop leaves him glued to the bench, a horror movie we've already played through a few times.

SenorSpur
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Once again, the Blazers follow their usual suite of "money-whipping" & overpaying players

tlongII
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Hopefully Indy doesn't match. We will have an imposing frontline next year if we get Hibbert.

Budkin
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I'll be fine just trading Bonner for nothing. Please.

SpurPadre
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
:lmao When are people going to realize that the Spurs are not going to get anything of value for Bonner?

If they don't downright amnesty him, they will probably have to add a sweetener or take a worse deal (read: huge contract, useless player) to get Bonner off the roster.

Or we'll be stuck with another year of praying that Pop leaves him glued to the bench, a horror movie we've already played through a few times.

I'm not asking for anyone of value...I'll take ANYTHING from the Pacers for that piece of shit. I just want the fucker off the team.

SpurPadre
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Hopefully Indy doesn't match. We will have an imposing frontline next year if we get Hibbert.

Unless the curse of Old Man Oden gets him.

underdawg
07-02-2012, 06:47 PM

If the Spurs do retain the talents of Mr. Matt Bonner, it’s no problem at all as I do have a plan for them (feel free to pass it on to Pop – I don’t mind).

Start Bonner at the 3 and hopefully he’ll fill his quota of 6 points and 3 rebounds in the first 5 minutes it takes for him to foul his opponent as they whiz by him.

Continue to start him in the second half and hopefully he’ll be able to make another 3 in the few minutes it takes him to pick up 2 more fouls. Pop has no choice but to sit him the rest of the game unless 3 point shots are needed in the last 2 minutes of the game.

The other bonus to this strategy is that the player Bonner guards will hopefully meet some type of defense by the rim as he zips past him to the hole – otherwise the player will have to shoot a jump shot and this is preferred to easy shots that Bonner normally gives up in the paint.

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
If the Spurs do retain the talents of Mr. Matt Bonner, it’s no problem at all as I do have a plan for them (feel free to pass it on to Pop – I don’t mind).

Start Bonner at the 3 and hopefully he’ll fill his quota of 6 points and 3 rebounds in the first 5 minutes it takes for him to foul his opponent as they whiz by him.

Continue to start him in the second half and hopefully he’ll be able to make another 3 in the few minutes it takes him to pick up 2 more fouls. Pop has no choice but to sit him the rest of the game unless 3 point shots are needed in the last 2 minutes of the game.

The other bonus to this strategy is that the player Bonner guards will hopefully meet some type of defense by the rim as he zips past him to the hole – otherwise the player will have to shoot a jump shot and this is preferred to easy shots that Bonner normally gives up in the paint.

I can just imagine: The Great Bonner vs. Durant :lmao

SenorSpur
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm not asking for anyone of value...I'll take ANYTHING from the Pacers for that piece of shit. I just want the fucker off the team.

I admit that getting the big red-head off the team should be an offseason priority.

I agree. Take whatever you can get for him - just get rid of him.

Duncan2177
07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I admit that getting the big red-head off the team should be an offseason priority.

If you're reading this Pop just please for the love of god just do it.

therealtruth
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I see your point but wouldn't it be nice to have two great perimeter defenders on the team? Against a team like OKC with Durant and Harden, we could put Batum and Kawhi on them and sub Jax in without missing a beat, Durant will still get his but it'll be hard. This way, we could force Westbrook into chucking mode and try and let him beat us.

So you propose not resigning Duncan so we can get Batum?

therealtruth
07-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Pop wanted to get rid of Jackie Butler so much they traded Scola away. If they're determined to make it happen it will happen.

BatManu20
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Trade Matt Bonner to any team willing to take him for a sack of of marbles and 6-pack of Natty Light

Duncan2177
07-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Trade Matt Bonner to any team willing to take him for a sack of of marbles and 6-pack of Natty Light

Or for a washing machine.

racm
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM

The Nyets are looking for a PF, not to mention Danny Ferry fleeced them.

SPURSCHAMP
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
So you propose not resigning Duncan so we can get Batum?

Diaw/Lorbek
Kawhi/Jax
Batum/Ginobili
Parker/Mills-De Colo

:lol No, I proposed a S&T not a straight up free agent signing

Gagnrath
07-04-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm amazed that anyone seriously still looks to sign with the blazers as anything more than one contract for a ton of cash then get out. The place seems to be like asking to be crippled or retired.

racm
07-04-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm actually glad Nash isn't gonna sign with Portland. He'd barely step on the court in Rose Garden then bam, bad back.

BackHome
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, Hibbert you better not sign with the Blazers you do know about the Indian burial ground curse don't you. You sign you can kiss your knees goodbye...don't do it...:nope