PDA

View Full Version : Hawks and Nets agree to terms to send Joe Johnson to Brooklyn

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Chris Broussard (http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard): Sources confirm Hawks and Nets have agreed to terms on deal to send Joe Johnson to Nets. Deal contingent on Deron Williams staying w/Nets 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/219901540415184899)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zVCajSG1

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
If that trade goes through, balloting for Executive of the Year should be cancelled and the award should go to Danny Ferry now.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
:lol Dwight

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
If that trade goes through, balloting for Executive of the Year should be cancelled and the award should go to Danny Ferry now.
Yup.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Nets had to make some deal to keep Dwill in Brooklyn. JJ is overpaid but it isn't like a Kmart contract that is 7 years in length

Dwill/JJ is a nice backcourt

Kai
07-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow, what does Dwight do now? I wonder if more teams will be willing to trade for him now that Brooklyn is off the table for him.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, what does Dwight do now?
lol Probably wanna go to Lakers.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, what does Dwight do now? I wonder if more teams will be willing to trade for him now that Brooklyn is off the table for him.

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe (http://twitter.com/#%21/gswscribe)Oh, forgot to tweet this earlier. I'm told the Warriors are NOT interested in trading for Dwight Howard unless he signs extension

Kai
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I wonder if there's there any way Atlanta makes a play for Dwight now. Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith are his boys.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I wonder if there's there any way Atlanta makes a play for Dwight now. Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith are his boys.
lolwut? Realistically, Orlando has two choices. Trade him for Bynum straight up, trade him to Houston. Unless another team wants him.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): League source tells Y! that Joe Johnson deal now likely "happens with or without Deron." Nets officials are meeting with Williams right now. 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/219905347056435202)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zVG6kLJf

Kai
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
lolwut? Realistically, Orlando has two choices. Trade him for Bynum straight up, trade him to Houston. Unless another team wants him.

Looks that way, but there are always other teams that don't get reported. I have a feeling a mystery team might snatch him.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Breaking news:

Dwight Howard hires lawyers to reverse Nets-Hawks trade

lurker
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Breaking news:

Dwight Howard hires lawyers to reverse Nets-Hawks trade
Basketball reasons :cry

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Question now that there may not be many suitors left, is does Orlando wait until the trade deadline to move Dwight since teams will now lowball them?

VBM
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Ship Dwight to Portland and let those docs handle his back rehab. That'll teach him.

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
CROFL Howard. Stupid porch monkey.

Kai
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Question now that there may not be many suitors left, is does Orlando wait until the trade deadline to move Dwight since teams will now lowball them?

Doubt it. They don't want the circus and hired Hennigan to come in and set things right from the get go.

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
LA's going to eventually blink and agree to send them Bynum. Of course, Bynum has to agree to the extension, essentially giving LA the right to trade him.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Don't think he'll wait that long. Might wait until Dec 15th. That's when all the free agents signed over the summer are eligible to be traded.

07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
dwight howard doesn't want to play for the lakers and wants a large market. maybe headed to dallas. they do have that odom trade exception.

jeebus
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
:lmao NJ sending trailer trash to Atlanta to take an overrated, overpaid cock gobbler :lmao
:lmao NJ paying JJ almost $25 million in 2016 :lmao
:lmao if NJ gets Deron back, that's $50 million on 3 players :lmao
:lmao NYC leading the world in building the shittiest teams ever :lmao

TIMMYtoZO
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
:lol Dwight
:lol nets
:lol taking on that hideous contract
:lol failing to create a super team

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
dwight howard doesn't want to play for the lakers and wants a large market. maybe headed to dallas. they do have that odom trade exception.
Doubt he goes there.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Doubt he goes there.

Cully was right about Dwight...but don't you feel just a little sorry for him...:lol

Dwight's only sabre rattling...he's trying to regain leverage from the Magic after he foolishly opted in...He's not going to take a 30 million pay-cut...he will resign with whomever trades for him..unless he's truly the dumbest person to ever grace planet earth. I guess he must feel betrayed by Jay-Z and the Nets...:lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I like taking up for my niggas but I just can't defend this shit from Dwight...he's giving us a real bad name - lol

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I feel ashamed for Dwight...I mean we all joke and fuck with each other..but this cat is really just plain stupid in real life...I wish so badly I didn't have to say that..but this level of stupidity is downright embarrsing..even his fellow players are laughing at his ass

whitemamba
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
IMO joe johnson is one the of most overpaid if not most overpaid player. hes average, not worth the money, if i was deron i would be sold on that shithole franchise.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
IMO joe johnson is one the of most overpaid if not most overpaid player. hes average, not worth the money, if i was deron i would be sold on that shithole franchise.

Brooklyn is as stupid as Dwight...I thought that fucking Russian billionaire was smart but I guess not..He did lose like 10 billion - yes I said he lost 10 billion off his net worth last year...Between him and Jay-Z some gotdam stupid mofo's..Dwight would have fit in perfect...:lol

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Chad Ford (http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider): All Nets jokes aside, they re-sign DWill, laughing stops. Was a gutsy move to trade for him. Lose him? Oh boy ... 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/statuses/219917744668291074)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zVSDi46b

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Al Iannazzone (http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone): I will say it again - if Nets pursued a guy who has $90 million on his deal and kills future flexibility - Deron Williams knew and approved. now (http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/statuses/219919891447300097)

whitemamba
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Brooklyn is as stupid as Dwight...I thought that fucking Russian billionaire was smart but I guess not..He did lose like 10 billion - yes I said he lost 10 billion off his net worth last year...Between him and Jay-Z some gotdam stupid mofo's..Dwight would have fit in perfect...:lol

prokhorov is one shady fuck, and jay-z... nigga please

crc21209
07-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't see what everyone's bitching about. It's been said already that the Magic didnt want the crap Brooklyn was offering them, so there was no possibility of a Dwight trade. The next best thing was to go out and get a Joe Johnson type player, even with his horrible contract. He's an updrade over the crap they gave up like Morrow and Farmar. Brooklyn with Deron, Joe Johnson, Wallace, Lopez, Kidd, and Brooks isnt so bad. They can easily be a 6, 7, 8 seed in the shitty East.

shyne
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Brooklyn doesnt give a shit, all they want to do is make money and be better than the Knicks. If they keep Deron they will do both.

MavDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Broussard just reported that Dallas and LA are on Dwights list with Dallas in the lead. As for how Dallas gets Howard, who the fuck knows. We have no assets

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Yup, Cuban screwed the pooch by giving away all of his assets. The funny thing is I am sure Tyson, even if paid well, would have been a nice piece in a trade to bring back assets. They have no valuable picks, no young players in real demand and they don't even have expiring contracts to trade really.

They have cap space and Dwight isn't a FA. ORL has to trade Dwight. So unless there is a 3rd or 4th team (and even if there is) Dallas appears to be screwed (at least with regards to pulling Dwight which was the master plan).

Kai
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Broussard just reported that Dallas and LA are on Dwights list with Dallas in the lead. As for how Dallas gets Howard, who the fuck knows. We have no assets

Conveniently another team that has max cap room in 2013 to scare teams off and kill Orlando's leverage. Dwight and Orlando are trying to out-fuck eachother :lol

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Conceivable, however no one should ever believe what Dwight says, or Broussard.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Joe from a basketball perspective I don't mind, but still crazy they took on that contract. I mean, if you are really close to a title and you need that one piece, ok (even then it's tough), but when you are a team like the Nets, wow that is crazy.

shyne
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Ferry is gearing up to make a run at Dwight

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Joe from a basketball perspective I don't mind, but still crazy they took on that contract. I mean, if you are really close to a title and you need that one piece, ok (even then it's tough), but when you are a team like the Nets, wow that is crazy.

It's nothing but a basic Max contract...ATL already paid about 30 million of it

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Ferry is gearing up to make a run at Dwight
Why would they do that? They're clearing salary, and Josh Smith will be traded.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
It's nothing but a basic Max contract...ATL already paid about 30 million of it

umm...what?

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't see what everyone's bitching about. It's been said already that the Magic didnt want the crap Brooklyn was offering them, so there was no possibility of a Dwight trade. The next best thing was to go out and get a Joe Johnson type player, even with his horrible contract. He's an updrade over the crap they gave up like Morrow and Farmar. Brooklyn with Deron, Joe Johnson, Wallace, Lopez, Kidd, and Brooks isnt so bad. They can easily be a 6, 7, 8 seed in the shitty East.

haha I even am smart to know that, Magic didn't want what Brooklyn had. So Brooklyn moved one had too. And didn't give up any major things to get Joe Johnson, only thing that sucks is how much he is making

shyne
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM

They will have tons of cap room next year, I'm not saying he will go there but they have a shot.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
umm...what?

They did; the problem is that there is still $90m left to pay.

Basketballgirl25
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM

yeah never believe Dwight. Next week he might want the Bobcats:lol

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
They did; the problem is that there is still $90m left to pay.

Exactly.

MavDynasty
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Bucher is full of shit but he too just tweeted it. He said no mention of LA though, just Dallas. And I think he is talking about free agent destinations meaning next summer.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Now that they've cleared salary, they're in better position than most to make a run at Howard. Atlanta is home, he's close to Smith, and Atlanta can put together a nice package around Horford.

ElNono
07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Ny:lolts

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Atlanta would be a great destination they could offer Teague, (just picked up devin Harris) Horford and a couple of future firsts.

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
But LOL Dallas not saying the Lakers are MUCH better but both Kobe and Dirk are aging. Dirk rang more recently Kobe played better last year ...at least in LA he has Kobe and Pau ...but no PG. But he signs there a PG would come eventually ...

LnGrrrR
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Do the Nets still have their amnesty available? That's the only way this move makes sense :lol

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Do the Nets still have their amnesty available? That's the only way this move makes sense :lol

They don't (Travis Outlaw) and they couldn't have used it on JJ if they did.

angelbelow
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Damn Ferry is doing some work. Just acquired Devin Harris' expiring for Marvin Williams. If the JJ trade goes through he just cleared a ton of space in a matter of days.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Now that they've cleared salary, they're in better position than most to make a run at Howard. Atlanta is home, he's close to Smith, and Atlanta can put together a nice package around Horford.

Mel, when taking a snap shot look at the Dwight scenarios, does it make sense for ATL to try and trade v keeping Horford/Smith? I mean, if you can pair those 3 :wow and there doesn't seem to be a good shot of Dwight being traded to a team that he wants to sign with (LA seems to be the only team that fits that criteria).

They can pay Smith 15M per year and still easily offer Dwight Max.

Killakobe81
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Mel, when taking a snap shot look at the Dwight scenarios, does it make sense for ATL to try and trade v keeping Horford/Smith? I mean, if you can pair those 3 :wow and there doesn't seem to be a good shot of Dwight being traded to a team that he wants to sign with (LA seems to be the only team that fits that criteria).

That is a shitty combination. I know smith and Dwight are close. But no way 3 of them work out together. if you could pair up Dwight and Horford/Smith you trade the other for the best shooting SF you can find.

You pair up those 3 ... 5 players (3 defenders) are in the paint at ALL times. Dwight, the opposing center, Horford and his man and Smith's man daring him to shoot open 3's ...You cant just throw teams together ...you know better than that DPG.

A line-up of Batum, Horford and Dwight now THAT would be someting or maybe Granger or Gay if he is still on the blocks.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM

If you trade for Howard, you have him. Waiting for next summer opens up more possibilities for him to choose.

Either way, Atlanta just became a much more interesting franchise. Right now, Ferry has Horford, Smith and a pile of cap space projected for next summer. Much better situation than they were in yesterday.

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM

blah blah blah...let's get this shit ova with:

Kobe
Kyle Lowry
Beasley
Scola
Dwight

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
If you trade for Howard, you have him. Waiting for next summer opens up more possibilities for him to choose.

Either way, Atlanta just became a much more interesting franchise. Right now, Ferry has Horford, Smith and a pile of cap space projected for next summer. Much better situation than they were in yesterday.

For sure, the thought of swapping Joe Johnson for Dwight or CP3 is hilarious.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Shaun Powell
Whenever the subject of Dwight Howard returning home someday to play for the Hawks was raised, Dwight (softly) shot down the idea. Since leaving the ATL outta high school, he's never lived there in the off-season, never warmed to the idea of returning. For any reason.
19 minutes ago

http://sulia.com/channel/nba-free-ag...source=twitter

FWIW

racm
07-02-2012, 07:51 PM
When did Danny Ferry go from "surrounded LeBron with Mo Williams and scrubs" to "gutting Atlanta's roster to tank"?

Damn other teams FOs for poaching San Antonio :rollin

Ace
07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
blah blah blah...let's get this shit ova with:

Kobe
Kyle Lowry
Beasley
Scola
Dwight

:lol Back to the same pipe dreams from last year...

Koolaid_Man
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM

suddenly the Heat have problems..a few tweaks and I dont see Miami beating this team..no disrespect but Dwight..this line-up will get the job done...

Deron Williams/Jason Kidd
Joe Johnson/Marshawn Brooks
Gerald Wallace/
Kris Humphries/Kenyon Martin
Brook Lopez/

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM

They'd still lose in 6 in the WCF anyways. :lol

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow, the Nets gave up their 2013 first to Atlanta in this deal too. Their GM must be an awful negotiator, as no way I trade for Johnson without getting a first round pick from Atlanta, not the other way around. :lol

I guess there's a reason they're the Nets.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
A decent trade from the Nets perspective..Johnson's contract situation is notoriously bad, but he's a good player that will benefit from playing with another shot-creator in Williams, a luxury he didn't have in Atlanta..

New Jersey should be the 4th or 5th best team in the East, following this move..they traded away a pick and reluctantly ingested a historically bad contract, in exchange for avoiding another uneventful season..

Great trade from Atlanta's front office..finally shed Johnson's contract, thus making them a contender for Howard..

Ace
07-02-2012, 09:00 PM
suddenly the Heat have problems..a few tweaks and I dont see Miami beating this team..no disrespect but Dwight..this line-up will get the job done...

Deron Williams/Jason Kidd
Joe Johnson/Marshawn Brooks
Gerald Wallace/
Kris Humphries/Kenyon Martin
Brook Lopez/

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

racm
07-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow, the Nets gave up their 2013 first to Atlanta in this deal too. Their GM must be an awful negotiator, as no way I trade for Johnson without getting a first round pick from Atlanta, not the other way around. :lol

They're trying to make the playoffs to keep Deron happy but they still look like gutting their roster for overpaid players passing their prime.

:lmao Nyets
:lmao getting outnegotiated by Danny Ferry
:lmao not guaranteed to get back Deron
:lmao re-signing washed up Gerald Wallace
:lmao still not as good as the Knicks/Celtics/Sixers

Kai
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM

I believe they only gave up Houston's lottery-protected first round pick.

Venti Quattro
07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
:lmao Russian mob money

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I believe they only gave up Houston's lottery-protected first round pick.

How long is it protected? I guess it could be a while until Atlanta can make the selection then. :lol

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
How long is it protected? I guess it could be a while until Atlanta can make the selection then. :lol

2012 first round pick (protected top 14 in 2012-16, else 2017 second round pick, cash)

Stalin
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
:lmao Russian mob money

:cry:cry

Latarian Milton
07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
great news for mavs, they're the only team that DH is willing to join & sign an extension with now that the nets are out of the pursuit

Latarian Milton
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
A decent trade from the Nets perspective..Johnson's contract situation is notoriously bad, but he's a good player that will benefit from playing with another shot-creator in Williams, a luxury he didn't have in Atlanta..

New Jersey should be the 4th or 5th best team in the East, following this move..they traded away a pick and reluctantly ingested a historically bad contract, in exchange for avoiding another uneventful season..

Great trade from Atlanta's front office..finally shed Johnson's contract, thus making them a contender for Howard..

atlanta ain't even relevant. brooklyn have no asset to trade for DH after this trade, nor any possibility to sign him as a FA a year from now. they must have known that DH is determined to join dallas and hence they executed their plan B, Howard is joining Dallas guaranteeeeed!!!

Triple D Dynasty :lobt: :lobt2:

baseline bum
07-02-2012, 11:19 PM
2012 first round pick (protected top 14 in 2012-16, else 2017 second round pick, cash)

LOL, that's sure to be teh #14 every one of those years. :lol

Kai
07-02-2012, 11:31 PM

:lol asshole

Stalin
07-02-2012, 11:34 PM
atlanta ain't even relevant. brooklyn have no asset to trade for DH after this trade, nor any possibility to sign him as a FA a year from now. they must have known that DH is determined to join dallas and hence they executed their plan B, Howard is joining Dallas guaranteeeeed!!!

Triple D Dynasty :lobt: :lobt2:

lies, so vile