PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Danny Ferry

T Park
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Trading Marvin Williams to Utah knocks out a suitor for Danny Green.

Props.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, but this thread might end being the ultimate "smh" if he then signs Danny Green :lol

T Park
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
He's got 30 mill in cap room to go after Cp3 and DH12 next summer. Where Howard is from. Also he just got an assload of sgs from Brooklyn.

racm
07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Saw the Devin Harris trade a long mile away - they just got Mo Williams so they would have had a logjam at point guard.

Also, does Kevin O'Connor REALLY like guys named Williams? First Mo then Deron then Marvin.

Big P
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Utah still has the mle.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Maybe Danny can throw us a bone. After all, two years back in San Antonio was sufficient to wash the stink of that Cleveland failure away and get him a new GM job. Now, I'm not talking about Smith for scraps, just something small. With today's trades, he's got Harris, Teague, and Farmar at PG. Farmar at 4.2M is kinda pricy for a 3rd string PG.

So.....

Bonner for Farmar.

Do it, Danny.

racm
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Maybe Danny can throw us a bone. After all, two years back in San Antonio was sufficient to wash the stink of that Cleveland failure away and get him a new GM job. Now, I'm not talking about Smith for scraps, just something small. With today's trades, he's got Harris, Teague, and Farmar at PG. Farmar at 4.2M is kinda pricy for a 3rd string PG.

So.....

Bonner for Farmar.

Do it, Danny.

Atlanta depth chart:

Harris/Teague
Stevenson/Morrow
Smith/?
Smith/Horford/Williams
Horford/Pachulia/Petro

Spurs depth chart:

Parker/Farmar/Joseph
Ginobili/Neal/Green(?)/Denmon(?)
Leonard/Jackson
Diaw(?)/Blair/Lorbek(?)
Duncan/Splitter

Farmar won a ring with the Lakers fwiw

benefactor
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM

So.....

Bonner for Farmar.

Do it, Danny.
Well...almost.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Subtract another $1.5M RT @NetsDaily Hearing Farmar will be bought out for $1.5M as soon as deal is done. He preferred buyout to opt-out.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Well...almost.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Subtract another $1.5M RT @NetsDaily Hearing Farmar will be bought out for $1.5M as soon as deal is done. He preferred buyout to opt-out.

Oh well...

Bonner for Petro.

Do it, Danny.

benefactor
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Oh well...

Bonner for Petro.

Do it, Danny.
:tu

Bruno
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I like the Farmar idea. Spurs should call Hawks to change their plan of a buyout.

I doubt Ferry would take Bonner because he isn't an expiring but a package of Blair, Joseph and Byars shoudl be fine for both teams.

racm
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
A redhead for a Frenchie stiff should work right? Right?

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I like the Farmar idea. Spurs should call Hawks to change their plan of a buyout.

I doubt Ferry would take Bonner because he isn't an expiring but a package of Blair, Joseph and Byars shoudl be fine for both teams.

Wouldn't Farmar just want to get bought out or opt out? Also, Bonner is pretty much an expiring with only 1M of his ~4M guaranteed.

Or do you like it because Farmar would opt out or agree to a buyout and get Bonner's contract off the books now?

Bruno
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't Farmar just want to get bought out or opt out? Also, Bonner is pretty much an expiring with only 1M of his ~4M guaranteed.

Or do you like it because Farmar would opt out or agree to a buyout and get Bonner's contract off the books now?

Faramr can't opt out (he could have done it in June) and a buyout can only happen if his team agrees to it. I like the Farmar idea because he woudl be a fine backup PG, something Spurs don't have.

Hawks have absolutely no reason to trade Farmar for Bonner. Bonner has a worst contract than Farmar and he won't fit with a team in rebuilding mode. A Blair, Joseph and Byars package is the way to go to get Farmar.

DPG21920
07-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I see - I was confused by DA's tweet where he said "Farmar preferred a buyout to Opt out". That he was implying their was still an option.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Hmmm, Farmar. Good at putting up big numbers on poor teams, but overall not a bad PG. I was hoping for Mills as our backup, but if we could dump Bonner and go with Farmar instead I guess that'd be okay.

weebo
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Farmar? Fuck that guy. I think Pop will try to turn Denmon into our next back up pg.

TD 21
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd rather Mills than Farmar. With Mills, you at least get elite speed/quickness and the possibility of explosive scoring in short bursts. Farmar is a serviceable backup, but the Spurs need their backup point to either give them quality play making or explosive scoring; he provides neither. And as open as I'd be to moving both, I wouldn't give up Blair and Joseph for him.

racm
07-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Farmar's biggest achievement was providing rest for Derek Fisher

gambit1990
07-03-2012, 03:13 AM
I'd rather Mills than Farmar. With Mills, you at least get elite speed/quickness and the possibility of explosive scoring in short bursts.