PDA

View Full Version : Trade Green for Millsap? (With link)

Duncan2177
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/july/should-the-jazz-and-spurs-starting-talking-trade.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+projectspurs+%28Project+Spurs %29

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Moot.

Utah traded for Marvin Williams.

Big P
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Seriously?

acoelho1
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I don't get why Utah would be interested in Green since they have 2 young talented 2 guards in Hayward and Burks. I would love to get Milsap but I don't see it happening.

CGD
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Nah jazz need a pg in the worst way. I can see them waiting for Calderon to get amnestied, if not using milsap to trade for Calderon or another pg. they may also be players in the hinrick sweepstakes as he is a UFA

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Nah jazz need a pg in the worst way. I can see them waiting for Calderon to get amnestied, if not using milsap to trade for Calderon or another pg. they may also be players in the hinrick sweepstakes as he is a UFA

Mo Williams
Earl Watson
Jamaal Tinsley

racm
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't get why Utah would be interested in Green since they have 2 young talented 2 guards in Hayward and Burks. I would love to get Milsap but I don't see it happening.

Green shoots a lot of 3s and makes them.

CGD
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Mo Williams
Earl Watson
Jamaal Tinsley

I stick with my original comment. Sure thise guys are listed as pgs an thats cute, but they aren't taking that team anywhere. Mo Williams us a good player, but he is not a is not a real pg.

racm
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I stick with my original comment. Sure thise guys are listed as pgs an thats cute, but they aren't taking that team anywhere. Mo Williams us a good player, but he is not a is not a real pg.

In the same way Westbrook or even Parker are not real PGs?:rolleyes

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Where's Calderon gonna take them?

racm
07-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Would rather have 30 year old Mo Williams than 30 year old Calderon tbh

Williams averaged double digits for the Clips as a sixth man

CGD
07-02-2012, 10:20 PM
In the same way Westbrook or even Parker are not real PGs?:rolleyes

To put mo in the same class as Parker and even westbrick is laughable. Let us not forget the guy was the second best scoreer on a shiiiiiitttttty cavs team that had lebron on it. He's made a career off that one year, but tbh that was attributable to how good a player lebron is, and the fact he was playing In the leastern conference (remember this before the Big 3 in Boston). At best I'll concede he's a decent SG, if not undersized.

CGD
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM

I'll take Calderon over the existing options they have 100% of the time. Am I suggesting they will beat the thunder, or even be top 4 in the west? No, but then again that was never my claim or assertion.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I'll take Calderon over the existing options they have 100% of the time. Am I suggesting they will beat the thunder, or even be top 4 in the west? No, but then again that was never my claim or assertion.

But you did suggest trading Millsap to acquire him.

Assman
07-02-2012, 10:28 PM
You serious Clark?

CGD
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
But you did suggest trading Millsap to acquire him.

I did. I think calderon may be amnestied if they bring on Nash, but as the rj episode showed us, Gms will look to trade misfits to avoid having their owners pay salary for nothing. Calderon and milsap have similar salaries. My argument is that both are misfits, as their teams are currently constructed or may be constructed in the case of Toronto if they sign Nash.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I did. I think calderon may be amnestied if they bring on Nash, but as the rj episode showed us, Gms will look to trade misfits to avoid having their owners pay salary for nothing. Calderon and milsap have similar salaries. My argument is that both are misfits, as their teams are currently constructed or may be constructed in the case of Toronto if they sign Nash.

IMO, Millsap is worth far, far more to Utah than any advantage the team would gain by replacing Williams with Calderon. It's not even close.

If Utah was ready to put Millsap on the market, they'll get much better offers than Calderon in return.

CGD
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Not related, but on the topic of Calderon. This is from Stein (in pertinent part):

"Sources say the Lakers -- as long as they retain Pau Gasol -- have an inside track to sign point guard Jose Calderon if the Raptors, as expected, must amnesty Calderon's contract to create the needed salary-cap space to sign Nash...

Sources say Calderon would also have interest in teaming with Luis Scola wherever the Argentinean lands after ESPN.com reported Saturday that the Houston Rockets are actively trying to trade Scola. Miami and San Antonio are two more teams known to intrigue Calderon if he gets the chance to pick his next destination."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46996/could-jose-calderon-join-gasol-in-l-a

8FOR!3
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Calderon would be a solid backup.

racm
07-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Calderon is a solid pass-first PG even if he's a bit long in the tooth.

Averaging nearly 9 assists on a pretty mediocre Raps team? Granted those numbers will fall off, but if he could work with Manu in the second unit...

sehui
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd love to have Calderon, but I think he's going to want a lot more money than we can offer.