PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard's Rookie Season Highlights

Beanzamillion21
07-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I still can't believe that next season will only be his Sophomore run.

D_nPd7PFfoQ

hooperflash
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
:toast

SamoanTD
07-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Hopefully he grows and stays away from the sophomore slump.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-03-2012, 12:54 AM
What a great fit this has been for him. I remember Joe really liked him going into the draft.

gilmor2002
07-03-2012, 01:50 AM
What a great fit this has been for him. I remember Joe really liked him going into the draft.

Is that Hoogerland in last year TdF in your pic?

racm
07-03-2012, 02:52 AM
If he continues improving he can be an All-Star.

smaka
07-03-2012, 03:23 AM
He smiled, guys, he smiled!

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
On a couple of those plays, you can see his
confidence wanting to explode, but he stays humble.
The more comfortable he becomes, the more explosive
he becomes.

Seriously can't see this guy's ceiling.

racm
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
On a couple of those plays, you can see his
confidence wanting to explode, but he stays humble.
The more comfortable he becomes, the more explosive
he becomes.

Seriously can't see this guy's ceiling.

Solid starter or a Pippen type?

Salty
07-03-2012, 07:49 PM
It's obvious by now that Kawhi has the talent to be a borderline star, but we shouldn't take for granted the situation he's been blessed with. He's been given the opportunity to play with with a star PG in his prime and with Manu/Timmy at the apex of their basketball wisdom, albeit during their twilight days. Not to mention that the SJax trade has been a great catalyst for Kawhi's development. Kawhi got the starting experience in the NBA without being thrown into the fire (since he got a basic feel for the NBA before the trade) while getting a good, aggressive mentor in Jack.

Is anyone else excited for how much offensive potential he has? He's already shown his potential after developing a reliable 3pt shot. I remember I didn't want him shooting anything beyond the arc when we first got him, but when we were at the end of the WCF I was begging for him to shoot the 3. His stellar ability to the floor is only gonna get better and so is his finishing ability around the rim. If he develops a reliable mid-range jumper with all of that, he'll be a high caliber offensive threat that can give defenses nightmares.

His great work ethic is an indicator that he could be a classic Spur in the making. I haven't even said mentioned his talents on defense. Barring injury, nothing is gonna stop Kawhi from reaching his ceiling. I see him as an aggressive, athletic multidimensional player that can rebound, shoot, drive to the hoop, make plays on the defensive end and run the fastbreak.

racm
07-03-2012, 07:55 PM
It's obvious by now that Kawhi has the talent to be a borderline star, but we shouldn't take for granted the situation he's been blessed with. He's been given the opportunity to play with with a star PG in his prime and with Manu/Timmy at the apex of their basketball wisdom, albeit during their twilight days. Not to mention that the SJax trade has been a great catalyst for Kawhi's development. Kawhi got the starting experience in the NBA without being thrown into the fire (since he got a basic feel for the NBA before the trade) while getting a good, aggressive mentor in Jack.

Is anyone else excited for how much offensive potential he has? He's already shown his potential to improve after developing a reliable 3pt shot. I remember I didn't want him shooting anything beyond the arc when we first got him, but when we were at the end of the WCF I was begging for him to shoot the 3. His stellar ability at running the floor is only gonna get better and so is his finishing ability around the rim. If he develops a reliable mid-range jumper with all of that, he'll be a high caliber offensive threat that can give defenses nightmares.

His great work ethic is an indicator that he might be a classic Spur in the making. I haven't even said mentioned his talents on defense. Barring injury, nothing is gonna stop Kawhi from reaching his ceiling. I see him as an aggressive, athletic multidimensional player that can rebound, shoot, drive to the hoop, make plays on the defensive end and run the fastbreak.

Just like how Timmy had one of the best rookie campaigns ever by playing alongside DRob?

As a note, he shot 29% from 3 in college, then improved his shot to make it 37% at the end of the regular season. He made 40% of his 3s in the playoffs, so if he improves FT shooting and getting to the line he can go for the 50/40/90 thing.

And this is a guy with big hands a la Rajon Rondo!