PDA

View Full Version : Mavs at the top of Dwight Howards list

Duncan2177
07-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Ric Bucher: Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now. Twitter

Meanwhile...

David Aldridge: Deron Williams has finished meeting with Mavericks, after meeting Nets earlier in the day. No decision yet. Don't know if one comes tonight. Twitter

HeatChamps
07-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Dwight Howard is a fag. I thought he was cool. Should've gone to Brooklyn or some other team tbh.

baseline bum
07-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah, Orlando's going to love trading Howard for French Allah or Brenda. Dallas is just as impossible as Brooklyn, lol. Stupid cocksucker could have walked to Dallas on his own had he not waived the opt out. :lmao

HeatChamps
07-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah what a dumb fuck.

Spurs da champs
07-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah what a dumb fuck.

Then he had the audacity to say he was loyal. :rolleyes

m>s
07-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Dwight Howard is a fag. I thought he was cool. Should've gone to Brooklyn or some other team tbh.

heat fans just mad DH is joining dallas & completing da Triple D, 12' title one-and-done for mi:lolmi he:lolt

dwight pwned your team and made you guys his bitches every time the magic played the heat. the heat might continue to dominate the east and that's all, if there's one team that you should fear now, that's the dallas mavs

just keep praying dirk gets bored of winning championships someday and decides to retire, then you guys will have a chance to ring again

HeatChamps
07-03-2012, 02:01 AM
lol He had his chance to leave. He Opted In. :lol

m>s
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM
lol He had his chance to leave. He Opted In. :lol

he did it just to get the biggest $ possible and he doesn't wanna play there anymore, magic should be actively seeking to deal him now rather than let him walk free a year later. we're giving them expiring shits and picks so they'll fold things up and start to rebuild right away, makes sense for both teams imho

contract whore + marion (or exception if it works) + picks = Dwight MuthaFuckin Howard :hat

HeatChamps
07-03-2012, 02:07 AM
They'll be trading Howard. It just won't be to the Mavs.

Kai
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I'd be beyond shocked If we see Dwight in a Mavs jersey this year or next.

m>s
07-03-2012, 02:27 AM
They'll be trading Howard. It just won't be to the Mavs.

dallas is now the only team he's willing to sign an extension with as the nets are already out of consideration with the JJ deal done, teams ain't trading a shitload of talents + picks for one-year rental of this guy. magic had better accept our offer now or they're getting nothing out of this nigga a year later. we don't have any wonder kid to give him but, little is better than none

m>s
07-03-2012, 02:34 AM
I'd be beyond shocked If we see Dwight in a Mavs jersey this year or next.

have to admit the rockets got some decent young nigs whom the Magic should be interested in and your offer would be more attractive to them magic, but when this nigga ends up walking a year later morey will look more of a dumbass than his predecessor Dawson who signed that 7'6 shit to a lucrative 80m/5yr deal :lol

same for other teams not named dallas who're also considering trading for his ass

racm
07-03-2012, 02:54 AM
:lmao Dwight Howard
:lmao considered an elite center
:lmao back problems
:lmao making himself even more hated than LeBron
:lmao babymama

gambit1990
07-03-2012, 02:59 AM
i wonder where he'll end up this season.

Hoops Czar
07-03-2012, 03:05 AM
Ric Bucher: Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now. Twitter

Meanwhile...

David Aldridge: Deron Williams has finished meeting with Mavericks, after meeting Nets earlier in the day. No decision yet. Don't know if one comes tonight. Twitter

Maybe you should continue reading Bucher's tweets...

Duncan2177
07-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Maybe you should continue reading Bucher's tweets...

Maybe you should suck my dick.

Hoops Czar
07-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Maybe you should suck my dick.

World class comeback... Is this your first rodeo?

Jacob1983
07-03-2012, 04:32 AM
I'd rather have Tyson Chandler than Diva Howard.

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd rather have Tyson Chandler than Diva Howard.

Broussard reporting Nets will trade Brooks, Lopez, Humphries and 3 first rounders for Dwight. Teams are "in talks" ... LOL New CBA stopping super friends from teaming up. This goes down top of east gets interesting especially when Rose comes back and if Celts keep core.

Sense
07-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Broussard reporting Nets will trade Brooks, Lopez, Humphries and 3 first rounders for Dwight. Teams are "in talks" ... LOL New CBA stopping super friends from teaming up. This goes down top of east gets interesting especially when Rose comes back and if Celts keep core.

:lol that is a lot for someone that loyal.. If I'm the Magic that should suffice, considering he only wants to go there.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2012, 06:55 AM

I think the Magic should put their hatred for Dwight aside and take that deal. It's better than Bynum to the Magic. That would be some haul....Jason Kidd, Dw-Will, Johnson, Wallace, and Dwight...if Dwight's back hold up Miami is fucked..I mean super fucked..

But what does that do to Dwight wanting it to be his team...not only would he get less touches than he had in Orlando but he would dam near be the 3rd option with Williams and Johnson on the team..remember hack-a-shaq

But I'd do that trade in a heart beat if I'm Orlando :toast

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 06:56 AM
:lol that is a lot for someone that loyal.. If I'm the Magic that should suffice, considering he only wants to go there.

Hey if it happens and Dwights back is healthy not a bad big 3. LeBron still the best player on either team by far, but Brooklyn's core would be nice. I don't like anyone from that trade except Brooks but Dwight is fucking the Magic ...hard. loyalty ha

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I think the Magic should put their hatred for Dwight aside and take that deal. It's better than Bynum to the Magic. That would be some haul....Jason Kidd, Dw-Will, Johnson, Wallace, and Dwight...if Dwight's back hold up Miami is fucked..I mean super fucked..

But what does that do to Dwight wanting it to be his team...not only would he get less touches than he had in Orlando but he would dam near be the 3rd option with Williams and Johnson on the team..remember hack-a-shaq

I agree its better than what we can offer Im just not a fan of Lopez at 50 million or Humphries at a longterm deal. Both are good players but neither are stars, if Brooks has star potential (I think he does) besides draft picks at the end of the first round what will magic really have to show for Dwight? Plus signing those guys puts them out of tank mode that is the one snag.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I agree its better than what we can offer Im just not a fan of Lopez at 50 million or Humphries at a longterm deal. Both are good players but neither are stars, if Brooks has star potential (I think he does) besides draft picks at the end of the first round what will magic really have to show for Dwight? Plus signing those guys puts them out of tank mode that is the one snag.

Actually I think Bynum / Artest (if you throw in Artest is much better than the Nets offer. Problem is Dr Buss won't touch Dwight with a 10 ft pole unless he can have him examined by his own Dr's. Unless Dwight pulls a Brandon Roy and retires in a few years Brooklyn will be fucked.

Orlando has to make this trade unless LA offers Bynum - that's the only thing that would allow them to keep winning now with a good future upside. It's highly unlikely the Nets will win only 20 + games again with Williams and Johnson in the back court so those future 1st round draft picks might not be worth shit. :lol and it's likely they wont be. So it basically boils down to Lopez and Brooks for Bynum and Artest

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 07:12 AM
CROFL if Orlando caves into Dwight.

DMC
07-03-2012, 07:23 AM
heat fans just mad DH is joining dallas & completing da Triple D, 12' title one-and-done for mi:lolmi he:lolt

dwight pwned your team and made you guys his bitches every time the magic played the heat. the heat might continue to dominate the east and that's all, if there's one team that you should fear now, that's the dallas mavs

just keep praying dirk gets bored of winning championships someday and decides to retire, then you guys will have a chance to ring again
I was under the impression that Dirk did that this season.

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 07:23 AM
CROFL if Orlando caves into Dwight.

They will if those contracts are favorable, but what is the incentive for the agents of Humphries and Lopez to make those deals Magic friendly? Lopez is reportedly wanting a $50 million extension. My guess Humphries at least gets full-mid level. Why would the Magic want that and some shitty draft picks? I do like Brooks though. You can tell he has studied Kobe's game his release point is like when you play 2k and create a player and adopt another players shooting form :lol

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 07:25 AM
They will if those contracts are favorable, but what is the incentive for the agents of Humphries and Lopez to make those deals Magic friendly? Lopez is reportedly wanting a $50 million extension. My guess Humphries at least gets full-mid level. Why would the Magic want that and some shitty draft picks? I do like Brooks though. You can tell he has studied Kobe's game his release point is like when you play 2k and create a player and adopt another players shooting form :lol
I would think the Magic aren't that stupid and are just using this talk as leverage against other teams.

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 07:27 AM
But at the very least, the new Magic Gm can save face if they shed Turk's contract and get back 3 players and 3 draft picks it will sure LOOK like a lot they got back in return. I would then invest in some Dwight voo-doo dolls, and play accupuncture on it's back. If Dwight is hurt those are still not lotto picks but maybe you can get some mid first rounders. :lol

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 07:37 AM
But at the very least, the new Magic Gm can save face if they shed Turk's contract and get back 3 players and 3 draft picks it will sure LOOK like a lot they got back in return. I would then invest in some Dwight voo-doo dolls, and play accupuncture on it's back. If Dwight is hurt those are still not lotto picks but maybe you can get some mid first rounders. :lol
Do they really want to be the ones to set that precedent? Melo's situation was different as I don't remember him throwing a damn tantrum. If talks were going absolutely nowhere yesterday, what made it change all of a sudden? I think they're trying to get more out of either Houston or L.A.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

quote: Sources confirm discussions have resumed between the Magic and Nets about a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn.

The complicated scenario would involve the signing/trading of Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, along with MarShon Brooks and 1st-round picks.

The Brooklyn scenario isn't imminent, and it isn't the only one Orlando is working on, sources say.

Michael Dugat (http://twitter.com/mdug): Posturing by either Nets for D-Will or Magic for Dwight suitors. now (http://twitter.com/mdug/statuses/220135128704360449)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ad_not_found#ixzz1zYxtDq3w

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
@KBergCBS: Orlando GM Rob Hennigan also trying to engage the Hawks, Rockets, Lakers and possibly Mavs in Howard talks. Full-court press.

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Do they really want to be the ones to set that precedent? Melo's situation was different as I don't remember him throwing a damn tantrum. If talks were going absolutely nowhere yesterday, what made it change all of a sudden? I think they're trying to get more out of either Houston or L.A.

You may be right, and I would be lying if I said I was not intrigued by a healthy Dwight to the Lakers. But here is the reality:

1. he is coming off major back surgery. And though he is plenty young enough to potentially recover backs are tricky. at least if you guys take that risk you are just trading potential not proven players, like we would be. I get why you guys are so hot after Dwight. for us, it makes sense to but is more risky given that we are a top 4 team (West) and our cap situation. If Dwight gets hurt we would be so screwed.

2. He only at this time is willing to sign with the Nets. I know many think he is bluffing, but this is a high stakes game of poker. I would argue he would be crazy to scoff at an extra year and $20 million with previous back injuries. But you are still taking a chance you are given up assets for damaged goods that will still walk at year's end.

Just saying that if Dwight does go to Nets, Rox may be able to find a lower risk investment, and no I am not talng about Pau ...:lol

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
@KBergCBS: Orlando GM Rob Hennigan also trying to engage the Hawks, Rockets, Lakers and possibly Mavs in Howard talks. Full-court press.

Trying to create an auction-type setting with as many bidders as possible is smart. Given where Hennigan learned his craft, I believe that Atlanta has more of what would interest him than the other teams. Given Ferry's history in Cleveland though, you have to wonder if he would want to build another team around such an immature superstar.

Latarian Milton
07-03-2012, 08:04 AM
how people manage to think DH will join brooklyn is beyond me, dude is bored of mediocrety and the last thing he'd wanna do now is play on the same team (magic) or a team that's probably even worse (brooklyn after losing deron). dude's gonna join dallas to make up the Triple D

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y! about 8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/220139968780181504)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ad_not_found#ixzz1zZ4pfq65

Clipper Nation
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Clippers are apparently a "real and viable" suitor for Dwight... we staaaaaacked tbh...

racm
07-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Clippers are apparently a "real and viable" suitor for Dwight... we staaaaaacked tbh...

Olshey overpaid for DeAndre Jordan though :lol

m>s
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM

just make sure your nigga CP3 won't walk away a year from now :lol

TIMMYtoZO
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
:lol So the Nets will have 2 declining wings in JJ(31)/Wallace(30), a mentally weak Dwight Howard, and an elite pg (:lol pg led teams) with shit surrounding them. This gives the haters/Nets fans a team they think could beat Miami in a series. I welcome that. There is nothing sweeter than someone with this kind of false hope.

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
If they could pull something like that,they could plug 5-11 DPG at PF and still get Miami to at least 7 games son.

TIMMYtoZO
07-03-2012, 08:52 AM
If they could pull something like that,they could plug 5-11 DPG at PF and still get Miami to at least 7 games son.

:lol Who is going to be the Nets leader?

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Howard would be the best player,but D-Will can be a leader..Much like JKidd and Dirk in Dallas..

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Orlando gettin lowballed

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
So far, this is true: Orlando hasn't seen an offer from any team that it believes is enough to seriously consider trading Howard now.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
There isn't great enthusiasm within Magic that the Nets have the ability to make the most appeling offer for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y!

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug
Actually, don't think a Nets-Magic trade is possible if it involves taking back Turkoglu. BYC issues for Lopez, Hump prohibit it on Nets end.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
This entire Howard-BKN scenario smells more like a threat from Orlando to Houston, LA, Dallas, et al, to get their best offer in stat.

TIMMYtoZO
07-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Howard would be the best player,but D-Will can be a leader..Much like JKidd and Dirk in Dallas..

:lol thinking a pg led team will beat/hang with Miami
:lol a mentally weak Howard as their best player
:lol false hope

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Stephen A. Smith rant on Nets taking over NY lol

33_eXd9IlxA

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
:lol thinking a pg led team will beat/hang with Miami
:lol a mentally weak Howard as their best player
:lol false hope

Son,as of two weeks ago Lebron was mentally weak and Wade had entered TOSB status.

TIMMYtoZO
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Son,as of two weeks ago Lebron was mentally weak and Wade had entered TOSB status.

:lol comparing Howard to Lebron
:lol ignoring the fact Wade had a bad knee (an offseason of rest will do wonders for him)
:lol scared of Miami knowing they will be the NBA's next dynasty
:lol still thinking a pg led team can beat Miami

m>s
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM

dirk will be the leader of the team like he's always been, but DH is more likely to win the finals MVP award because miami is his bitch.

m>s
07-03-2012, 09:23 AM
:lol ignoring the fact Wade had a bad knee (an offseason of rest will do wonders for him)

DH & deron will join the same team this summer but the team ain't gonna be brooklyn. even if brooklyn got them both, hypothetically, they're still one superstar away from making a team that can threaten them miami.

12' summer can be really HUGE in our franchise history tbh, we're either making up a Dynasty with the Triple D, or going broke & eating shit for many years to come

HeatChamps
07-03-2012, 09:24 AM
dirk will be the leader of the team like he's always been...
:lmao

Ace
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM

Look at you, pathetic as fuck, hoping he goes to Brooklyn because of the big bad Miami.... :lol

m>s
07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
heat fans would fear us Triple D, just wish it doesn't happen in real because if it does, the 12' title would be a one-and-done deal for you all fuckers

two superstars just not enough to challenge the heat and there's a strong possibility that the team will suck ass due to the lack of chemistry, especially if/when the team is based in the NY metro :lmao

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM

I was not comparing anyone,I was just trying to show you how perspective can change...For 12 years in the league,Dirk is a soft choker..His teammates step up in '11,and he's the league's best big man.

Besides,Howards was going bananas on Heat every time,but had zero help...Now he'd have JJ,D Will and Crash..Not that I think it's possible to get that team,but still..

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 10:03 AM
But one person briefed on the talks described Orlando's posture with regard to trading Howard as "unhurried." The Magic still hold leverage over Howard, who at some point must work with the team on a mutually beneficial exit strategy. Howard surrendered his leverage in March when he waived his early-termination option for 2012-13, and with it his right to become a free agent this summer.

Indeed, according to another person briefed on the matter, there is little optimism even from Howard's camp that the Nets can put together a realistic package for the All-Star.

After using most of its cap space to acquire Johnson and re-sign Gerald Wallace to a four-year, $40 million deal, Brooklyn seemed out of the Howard trade sweepstakes Monday night. In fact, Howard's camp was deflated upon learning that the Nets had decided to move on with the Johnson scenario rather than wait for Orlando to engage them in trade talks for Howard.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...t-howard-talks (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/19482154/magic-re-engage-nets-others-in-dwight-howard-talks)

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL Magic. Like I said it's a lot of moving parts, it did sound pretty exciting in theory and i thought Maybe the Magic just wantd be done with, Dwight. but if they just want young assets, Rockets do have more to offer. I like Brooks but is he really offer THAT much more in upside than Lamb. I like White and Jones but neither screams star to me. Honestly no deal for Dwight offers ALL that teh Magic want. Might require 3 team deal ...

LOL Dwight and the Magic ...what a bunch of dumbasses opting in was foolish.

lefty
07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Nets could still get Dwight Howard

Updated: July 3, 2012, 11:03 AM ET
By Chris Broussard (http://search.espn.go.com/chris-broussard/) | ESPN The Magazine

[/URL]853 (https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2f%2fespn.go.com%2fnba%2fstor y%2f_%2fid%2f8125453%2forlando%2dmagic%2ddwight%2d howard%2dgo%2dbrooklyn%2dnets%2dsources%2dsay&t=Sources%3A+Trade+could+still+send+Howard+to+Nets )
439 (http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A%2f%2fespn.go.com%2fnba%2fstory%2 f_%2fid%2f8125453%2forlando%2dmagic%2ddwight%2dhow ard%2dgo%2dbrooklyn%2dnets%2dsources%2dsay&text=Sources%3A+Trade+could+still+send+Howard+to+N ets)
[URL="http://espn.go.com/nba/conversations/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say"]5K+ (http://espn.go.com/nba/conversations/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say)
Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http%3A%2f%2fespn.go.com%2fnba%2f story%2f_%2fid%2f8125453%2forlando%2dmagic%2ddwigh t%2dhoward%2dgo%2dbrooklyn%2dnets%2dsources%2dsay&title=Sources%3A+Trade+could+still+send+Howard+to+ Nets&id=8125453)
Print (http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8125453&type=story)

Nets-Magic Talking Howard

Chris Broussard on the proposed trade between the Net and Magic for Dwight Howard.Tags: Dwight Howard Trade (http://search.espn.go.com/dwight-howard-trade/video/6), Dwight Howard Rumors (http://search.espn.go.com/dwight-howard-rumors/video/6), Net-Magic Trade (http://search.espn.go.com/net-magic-trade/video/6), Chris Broussard (http://search.espn.go.com/chris-broussard/video/6), SportsCenter (http://search.espn.go.com/sportscenter/video/6)

NEXT VIDEO http://a.espncdn.com/icons/video2.png

Williams, Howard And Joe Johnson? Oh My (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8125600)

There is still a chance that Orlando Magic (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/orl/orlando-magic) star Dwight Howard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard) could become a member of the Brooklyn Nets (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/bkn/brooklyn-nets), according to league sources.
Mike and Mike in the Morning

ESPN NBA Insider Chris Broussard updates the latest on the possibility that Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard could be traded to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and three first-round picks.
• ESPN New York's Ryan Ruocco says even the possibility of Howard going to Nets could convince Deron Williams to stay with the team. Listen (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8125596) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/listen.png
• Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan says the Nets would be very formidable if they can land Howard to go along with Williams and Joe Johnson. Listen (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8125593) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/listen.png
More Podcasts » (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/)

The Nets and the Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3448/brook-lopez), Kris Humphries (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2433/kris-humphries), MarShon Brooks (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6428/marshon-brooks) and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals.
The move would be the Nets' second blockbuster trade this week and could give them a big three of Howard, Deron Williams (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2798/deron-williams) and Joe Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1007/joe-johnson) that could rival the NBA champion Miami Heat (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mia/miami-heat)'s heralded trio of LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james), Dwyane Wade (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) and Chris Bosh (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1977/chris-bosh).
In fact, the Nets would actually have a Big Four as they move into their first season in Brooklyn. Sources said that forward Gerald Wallace (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1026/gerald-wallace) has agreed to a four-year, $40 million deal.
On Monday, the Nets agreed to terms with the Atlanta Hawks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-hawks) on a trade that sends Johnson to Brooklyn for the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3002/jordan-farmar), Johan Petro (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2780/johan-petro), Anthony Morrow (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3474/anthony-morrow) and Jordan Williams (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6481/jordan-williams), plus DeShawn Stevenson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/808/deshawn-stevenson) and the 2013 first-round pick they acquired from Houston.
The Nets are still waiting on Williams to tell them whether he will re-sign with them as a free agent, but sources say Williams was pleased with the trade for Johnson, so he is expected to stay. An additional trade for Howard would undoubtedly seal the deal.
If consummated, the trade would give Howard what he has wanted for the past seven months. In December, Howard asked the Magic to trade him to the Nets.

Dwight Howard To Nets?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sportsnation/logos/espn_sportsnation_80.gif The Nets are discussing a trade that would bring Dwight Howard to Brooklyn. Would they be championship favorites if this happened?
• Comment and vote! (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8125982/will-nets-form-new-big-three)

After waiving his opt-out clause for next season in March, he again asked Orlando several times to trade him to the Nets, most recently Friday in his first face-to-face meeting with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan.
On Monday, Howard told Yahoo! Sports that he would sign a long-term contract only with the Nets, but after the Nets' trade with Atlanta for Johnson, the chances of Howard going to Brooklyn appeared dead.
In fact, several executives involved in the talks privately said there was no chance of Howard being traded to the Nets.
But the two clubs eventually rekindled talks about a potential Howard trade.
With the Nets thought to be out of the picture Monday night, the Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers), who can offer Andrew Bynum (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2748/andrew-bynum), the Hawks, who can offer Al Horford (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3213/al-horford) and Jeff Teague (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4015/jeff-teague), and the Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks), who could sign Howard as a free agent next summer, had emerged as the likeliest destinations for Howard.
Of course, any of those scenarios could still play out as the Magic are considering all their options.

Kai
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Blatant posturing. Without the Brooklyn threat, Magic lose all leverage. Brooklyn has a -5% chance to land Dwight. Dallas slightly better with the -2%.

crc21209
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM
So much for Dallas. Dwight won't wanna go there with no D-Will and Terry now....

m>s
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
can you sign&trade two of your FAs for one player? shit doesn't work under the old CBA really have no idea if it does under the new laws tbh