PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams

Findog
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
The Mavs can offer him 4/75, the Nets can offer him 5/100. Does anybody know with the state income tax in New York how much of that extra $25 million Williams will actually see?

I just don't see any way he signs with the Mavs and leaves anything more than $5-6 million on the table. Plus he's getting the security of the extra year.

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Son I read that it's 8.6% per year in NY..

But,you the tax is getting payed according to the state you play each game.. So,the tax is 8.6% for the 41 games,and who knows what for the rest..Too much research. :toast

Nigga should make up his mind quickly so we can find a contender to trade Dirk to if D-Will stays with Nyets imo.

vy65
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Pretty sure he can deduct those state taxes from his federal taxes, so effectively he's not paying the full 8.6% or whatever the rate actually is.

FkLA
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
mavs not gna get noone :lmao

Jodelo
07-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Que?

Findog
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Actually does it matter that the Nets can offer him the extra year?

Suppose he says "I'm going to Dallas. I want you to S'n'T me so I keep my Bird Rights and you get something of value for me instead of nothing." Do the Nets out of spite refuse to do that?

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Actually does it matter that the Nets can offer him the extra year?

Suppose he says "I'm going to Dallas. I want you to S'n'T me so I keep my Bird Rights and you get something of value for me instead of nothing." Do the Nets out of spite refuse to do that?

It's highly doubtful. Bad basketball decision to not do the SnT. Even Cleveland did it with LeBron.

OTOH, they've got an old school Russian and a coach that still has obvious butthurt regarding Dallas.

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
It's highly doubtful. Bad basketball decision to not do the SnT. Even Cleveland did it with LeBron.

OTOH, they've got an old school Russian and a coach that still has obvious butthurt regarding Dallas.

Huge difference with Lebron is the leverage - the change in the CBA gave the home team more leverage because Lebron could have gotten more from the Heat than Deron could get from Dallas without a S&T.

Findog
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Couldn't Cuban also under the table say to D-Will "Look, in the event they refuse to do a S'n'T, and you suffer a career-ending injury before your deal is up, I'll sign you to a post-retirement personal services contract making up the difference." Like he has to do color commentary on the broadcasts or act like a clown the way Cedric Ceballos does with the Suns?

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 03:56 PM
:lol

Kai
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Deron is signing with Brooklyn, barring some crazy deal going down for Dallas.

m>s
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Couldn't Cuban also under the table say to D-Will "Look, in the event they refuse to do a S'n'T, and you suffer a career-ending injury before your deal is up, I'll sign you to a post-retirement personal services contract making up the difference." Like he has to do color commentary on the broadcasts or act like a clown the way Cedric Ceballos does with the Suns?

or a promise to win him a couple of rings during his 4yr spell in dallas. he's earning less $ from the team but that's well compensated with the extra income from commercials & shits. when his 4yr term expires in dallas he'll get a lucrative extension earning great $ even in his late 30s, as opposed to being thought of as a cancer after another 5yrs of mediocrity with the nets

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Official - Cuban looks silly as hell right now. He'd better stay patient and land big next summer, but that's another year of Dirk gone as it appears now.

Hoops Czar
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
or a promise to win him a couple of rings during his 4yr spell in dallas. he's earning less $ from the team but that's well compensated with the extra income from commercials & shits. when his 4yr term expires in dallas he'll get a lucrative extension earning great $ even in his late 30s, as opposed to being thought of as a cancer after another 5yrs of mediocrity with the nets

That's game, set, match. Dallas is lottery bound.

LkrFan
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM

:lol

m>s
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
brooklyn might have retained deron but there's no hell of way they could get DH via a trade, and DH is the focal point of the whole discussion. great bigs don't grow on trees and DH is worth at least twice the money deron earns, i think if we could get DH we're still winner of the offseason. DH is getting traded this summer but he ain't getting traded to another eastern team, as the golden principle says

superstars like melo, amare, and some earlier ones as well as ray allen, KG etc... NONE of them got traded to the conference that they originally played in TBH

SenorSpur
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Message to Cuban: How now, brown cow?