PDA

View Full Version : CROFLMAO at Daryl Morey

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/226983788/broussard_chris_m_normal.jpg Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard Jeremy Lin will visit the Houston Rockets tomorrow, sources say

jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
The Rockets will offer a deal similar to the contract Dragic turned down, source said.

I'm done. Now how do I go about switching teams??

Robz4000
07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
:lmao wow

Venti Quattro
07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
:lol Chinksanity
:lol Yao Ming
:lol Jeremy Lin

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
How is Lin instead of Dragic some catastrophe? I'd say they're about on the same level as players.

Pelicans78
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
LOLLL..................

He's a slower, less athletic, worse ball-handler, more Chinese version of Dragic and they want to pay him the same amount. Good grief.

Pelicans78
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Better off keeping Lowry.

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
ROFL you guys make it sound like Dragic is fucking Oscar Robertson.

Dragic is more talented but he's also emo as hell, the second he loses his confidence his entire game goes in the tank and he mindfucks himself into oblivion for about 6 months.

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 02:01 PM

I'm with you if 3D or 2D fails...Boston seems a cool team to bandwagon imo.

Reck
07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I think the Rockets see Dragic as a developed player that has reached his peak while Lin still has room for improvement.

The move is still puzzling though.

Kai
07-03-2012, 02:05 PM
fucking shit

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Howard Beck (http://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT): Confirmed: Jeremy Lin will visit Rockets tomorrow. Rox waived Lin last Dec., but they remain high on him - more than most teams. 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT/statuses/220232887423873025)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ad_not_found#ixzz1zaYMpT3E

lol you can't make this shit up.

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
So you guys really think Jeremy Lin is some huge downgrade versus Dragic?

TheRealCB
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes.

FkLA
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Linsanity is pretty raw and still has room for improvement. Not as good as Dragic, but I agree with with Mono that this isnt some huge downgrade as long as he recovers well from the knee injury.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
:lol

The Rockets waived Lin just 6 months ago because they didn't have room for him on the roster. Now they're prepared to make him rich.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 02:26 PM

The Rockets waived Lin just 6 months ago because they didn't have room for him on the roster. Now they're prepared to make him rich.

MavDynasty
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I pattern my game off Linsanity

pass1st
07-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I actually thought the Rockets were fixing up their horrible decision making this time around, but now they are going to overpay a 5-game superstar.

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:33 PM
I actually thought the Rockets were fixing up their horrible decision making this time around, but now they are going to overpay a 5-game superstar.

lol butthurt that he curbstomped the Lakers

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
And what exactly has Dragic done to prove he deserves this kind of money? Put together a couple of decent half years, mixed with long stretches of shitty play where coaches have to coddle him every step to try and get his confidence back?

Hooks
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I think them wanting Lin has more to do with all the revenue he will bring them. They probably have a huge leftover Asian fan base from when Ming was with them, adding an Asian player like Lin will fill more seats, sell more jerseys/merchandise, they'll get a lot more attention from the media, more companies will want to sponsor them etc.

Lin also has a higher ceiling and is almost as good as Dragic.

smaka
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
And what exactly has Dragic done to prove he deserves this kind of money? Put together a couple of decent half years, mixed with long stretches of shitty play where coaches have to coddle him every step to try and get his confidence back?

Still a lot better than Lin who played a month of good ball and averaging like 5 TO per game. lol

MavDynasty
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM

:lmao

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Still a lot better than Lin who played a month of good ball and averaging like 5 TO per game. lol

At least Lin has confidence in his game and doesn't play like a scared little pussy for months a time until a coach coddles him into playing well again.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
What's worse:

56M for three years of Steve Nash and Landry Fields

or

50M, give or take a couple of million, for three years of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin?

FkLA
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I think them wanting Lin has more to do with all the revenue he will bring them. They probably have a huge leftover Asian fan base from when Ming was with them, adding an Asian player like Lin will fill more seats, sell more jerseys/merchandise, they'll get a lot more attention from the media, more companies will want to sponsor them etc.

Lin also has a higher ceiling and is almost as good as Dragic.

$40 for twin tower bobbleheads brah

Seventyniner
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I pattern my game off Linsanity

But why would you want to turn the ball over that much?

Kai
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
What's worse:

or

50M, give or take a couple of million, for three years of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin?

Or NYK matching both offers :lol

FkLA
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
have never understood the player hate towards taht nigga linsanity tbh

icTkbn9Sprs

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Or NYK matching both offers :lol

Brazil
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't see NY letting Linsanity go tbh, business wise it wouldn't be a good idea

pass1st
07-03-2012, 04:19 PM

:lolReaching
:lolRegular season
:lolThinking I care

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
:lol still angry he turned out better than Roddy

rayjayjohnson
07-03-2012, 04:44 PM
lol

The Dragon shits on Yellowball

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
:lol still angry he turned out better than Roddy

:lol as bad as Roddy sucks he still has more upside than Dragic.
:lol overpaying for an emo PG who already hit his ceiling

Killakobe81
07-03-2012, 05:10 PM
What's worse:

or

These fucking owners when will they learn?! I know they can't collude, but when will they stop paying bench guys like starters, and starters like stars? Fuck them I hope these guys bleed these bitches dry. If Heat losing money on the Heatles and the GMs are this dumb ...

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
:lol as bad as Roddy sucks he still has more upside than Dragic.
:lol overpaying for an emo PG who already hit his ceiling
:lol so 18 and 8 at 50% shooting is Dragic's ceiling? That's fine, cause those are numbers Roddy will never sniff :lol

07-03-2012, 05:47 PM
why would lin leave new york? plus new york will pay him whatever he wants because he brings in the money.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
why would lin leave new york? plus new york will pay him whatever he wants because he brings in the money.

NY can't offer him as much as a team with cap space. Reports are that Houston will offer him a deal similar to the Asik deal with a huge raise in year three.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
NY can't offer him as much as a team with cap space.
They can't or they won't? I'm pretty sure they have bird rights with him...

baseline bum
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Lin's a nice player, but Dragic is better. Lin's gotta fix his turnovers if he ever wants to be a legit point and not a combo guard filling in a massive hole. Decent scorers at that position are a dime a dozen right now.

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 05:59 PM
They can't or they won't? I'm pretty sure they have bird rights with him...

Early Bird Rights. They can match an Asik-type deal because of the Arenas rule, but they can't offer him that much on their own.

Pelicans78
07-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Lin won't ever improve his turnovers. He's not a natural ball-handler. He has to look down constantly when he dribbles and doesn't see the floor well. Those things don't improve at an older age. He will always be turnover prone. Teams figured it out and began to pressure him more. Also, he can only put up numbers when he has an extremely usage rate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Early Bird Rights. They can match an Asik-type deal because of the Arenas rule, but they can't offer him that much on their own.
Ah I see.

m>s
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
they're signing the little chink as a means of flattering their 7'6 hero who's rumored to rejoin the rockets for vet min. dude's only 32 i believe and he's shown some great form on national team's training camp, sources said he's got better offers from other teams including teams from the euro league, but he turned them all down and chose to join houston for vet minimum so as to justify the $35m he got paid during his last 2yrs, when he didn't play no game at all

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Rockets offered Dragic 5 years, 40 million, but would be paying Asik 8 mill a yr too :lmao

racm
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
All these bad moves by the other Texas teams must lead Pop to smirk.

SenorSpur
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Rockets and Morey probably want to re-establish and tap back into the local Asian ticket-buying consumer market that was fortified 10 years ago when they drafted Yao Ming. Smart move on their part, but dumb move by not giving Dragic first priority.

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Dragic is a greedy dude for not excepting that IMO :lol.

That is more than fair and he would be the starter (assuming Lowry gets moved).

Mel_13
07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Dragic is a greedy dude for not excepting that IMO :lol.

That is more than fair and he would be the starter (assuming Lowry gets moved).

He better hope that PHX wants him real bad. I don't see any other team in the NBA topping 5/40. He could be setting himself up for this year's Sprewell Award.

racm
07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Do the Suns want the 5th pick or the 14th pick?

That's the difference netting Dragic will do. :stirpot:

The Franchise
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM
The motherfucker isn't worth 10 million per. He may get it, but he isn't worth it.

Pero
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
He better hope that PHX wants him real bad. I don't see any other team in the NBA topping 5/40. He could be setting himself up for this year's Sprewell Award.

That's what I was thinking. Dude might have screwed himself royally by not accepting that. Still it's a little funny that Houston thinks Dragic is not worth more than Asik or Lin at this point.

baseline bum
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
The motherfucker isn't worth 10 million per. He may get it, but he isn't worth it.

More worth it than Francis ever was, real talk.

Reeko_Htown
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM

You do know this is just leverage to get Goran to sign right weak nut Traitor?

djohn2oo8
07-03-2012, 08:52 PM
You do know this is just leverage to get Goran to sign right weak nut Traitor?
Not about just Lin. Omar fucking Asik. Now go and praise your "God" Morey.

DPG21920
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
A:lolik

DMC
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Shit, I would sign Yao now if he would sign, just to get the Chinese connection. He doesn't even have to play, just suit up sometimes and make appearances.

racm
07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Shit, I would sign Yao now if he would sign, just to get the Chinese connection. He doesn't even have to play, just suit up sometimes and make appearances.

Hell they could give him an "unofficial" position just like the Sixers did with Dr J.

Latarian Milton
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM

or you can sign the ex-mav Yi instead :lol

djohn2oo8
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
A league source said Lin will be offered a contract today — maybe in the $30 million range — in a back-loaded nature similar to the one the Rockets offered Bulls big man Omir Asik.

“Jeremy Lin’s an excellent player,’’ Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told The Post. “We got to know him firsthand when he was with the Rockets early this season. We think he’d make a fantastic addition to our team.’’

Lin will spend today with Morey, aiming to make up for waiving the global phenom before the regular-season opener, allowing Grunwald to pick him up on waivers.

The source said the Rockets will offer Lin $5 million, $5.2 million and then plan to jack up the third and fourth years to as much as $10 million.

Lin — who also is drawing interest from the Mavericks, according to ESPN.com — played in two preseason games with the Rockets last season, but was released before the regular season and claimed off waivers by the Knicks on Dec. 27.

“We’ll take him out to dinner and show him Houston,’’ Morey said. “He didn’t get much of a chance to see it in training camp.’’

:lmao Knicks PLEASE match it.

TheRealCB
07-04-2012, 10:26 AM
A league source said Lin will be offered a contract today — maybe in the $30 million range — in a back-loaded nature similar to the one the Rockets offered Bulls big man Omir Asik.

“Jeremy Lin’s an excellent player,’’ Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told The Post. “We got to know him firsthand when he was with the Rockets early this season. We think he’d make a fantastic addition to our team.’’

Lin will spend today with Morey, aiming to make up for waiving the global phenom before the regular-season opener, allowing Grunwald to pick him up on waivers.

The source said the Rockets will offer Lin $5 million, $5.2 million and then plan to jack up the third and fourth years to as much as $10 million.

Lin — who also is drawing interest from the Mavericks, according to ESPN.com — played in two preseason games with the Rockets last season, but was released before the regular season and claimed off waivers by the Knicks on Dec. 27.

“We’ll take him out to dinner and show him Houston,’’ Morey said. “He didn’t get much of a chance to see it in training camp.’’ :lmao Knicks PLEASE match it.

Lin,please sign this offer sheet before I suicide.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I will literally lmao if the plan is to sign Lin to gain back the China market and trade for Dwight to sell him on establishing his brand there.

Ice009
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
The owners are absolutely PATHETIC.

And Dragic is a fucking greedy bitch. No way is he worth a cent more than the Rockets offered him. He needs to be taken out back and beaten.

InK
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow to Dragic turning that down

The Franchise
07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
The owners are absolutely PATHETIC.

And Dragic is a fucking greedy bitch. No way is he worth a cent more than the Rockets offered him. He needs to be taken out back and beaten.

:toast

Mel_13
07-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Houston Rockets trade remaining point guards for future bag of avocados

Posted by Trey Kerby under Food, Houston Rockets on Jul 05, 2012

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/07/daryl-morey-avocado.jpg

HOUSTON — In a stunning move that may change the economic landscape of the NBA, the Houston Rockets have agreed to trade their remaining point guards, veteran Earl Boykins and NBDL callup Courtney Fortson, to the state of California for a future bag of avocados. According to sources close to the situation, the Rockets are set to receive one bag of a dozen Hass avocados during a summer between now and August 2014.

Following today’s trade of point guard Kyle Lowry to the Toronto Raptors for Gary Forbes and a future lottery pick, a source told The Basketball Jones that Rockets general manager Daryl Morey had “found a market inefficiency” following the emergence of the Tea Shot Hole Borer, a tiny Asian beetle that is threatening California’s avocado production. According to the source, Morey decided to trade Boykins and Fortson because “he didn’t want to be caught making a sandwich without any avocados” and that “in a land with no avocados, the man with a whole bag is king.” This trade guarantees that the Rockets will be able to get a bag of avocados at any time, even though production lagged throughout the entirety of 2010-11 and may be headed in the same direction.

According to the source, even though the Rockets currently have no point guards on the roster, the potential to obtain a bag of avocados when the market has dried up was alluring to Morey because “he likes having roster flexibility and he really likes avocados.” Pressed for details on the Houston GM’s thinking, the source concluded that Morey “just likes to have assets.”

Others within the organization disagreed with the decision, with the source telling The Basketball Jones that “we just traded two humans for twelve avocados” and that “[Morey's] constant trading just to trade has gone too far.” Asked if they would eat the avocados, the source did admit that they would definitely enjoy some guacamole should it become available during a team function.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/07/05/houston-rockets-trade-remaining-point-guards-for-future-bag-of-avocados/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

benefactor
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM

noob cake
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
:depressed:depressed

djohn2oo8
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Steve Kyler (http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA): One Western Conference Exec asked "Why is everyone acting like Houston invented some mastermind solution... those guys getting matched" now (http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/220996409707610112)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zmrSBPPV

Fuck yes! About all I had left to look forward to.