PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Buycks to play for Spurs summer league

Man Mountain
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
My friend is his agent and he decided to play for Spurs summer league. What do you think/like about Dwight Buycks?

DesignatedT
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
A worse Justin Dentmon?

DesignatedT
07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Or Marcus Denmon?

timvp
07-03-2012, 09:17 PM
A short shooting guard who wasn't very good in college but put up good stats in the D-League. Would probably have to play point in the NBA.

He's only 22 but I don't consider him a true NBA prospect.

racm
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Same initials as DeJuan Blair and Derrick Byars... :lol

racm
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Same initials as DeJuan Blair and Derrick Byars... :lol

The Btown Spur
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
We got Dwight!

pad300
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
We can taunt Mavs and Nets fans by saying we have more Dwight on our team than you do...:p:

ChumpDumper
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Never did much against the Toros but got some gaudy stats against lesser teams. Not making an NBA team this season.

wildbill2u
07-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Never did much against the Toros but got some gaudy stats against lesser teams. Not making an NBA team this season.

What about the Toro guard (Dentmon?) that got a short look on the Spurs during the season. Do you think he'll play on the SL team?

Any other Toros who might be there? We don't hear much about Toros.

SKINNYPIMP210
07-04-2012, 10:33 AM
What about the Toro guard (Dentmon?) that got a short look on the Spurs during the season. Do you think he'll play on the SL team?

Any other Toros who might be there? We don't hear much about Toros.

I thought that guy was good for the short time I saw him play. Great hustle on D and seemed super quick on the court.

wildbill2u
07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Back to the original idea of this thread. I think we should sign him to a multiyear high dollar contract so the announcer could introduce him as "Big Buycks"

ChumpDumper
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
What about the Toro guard (Dentmon?) that got a short look on the Spurs during the season. Do you think he'll play on the SL team?Last I saw, Dentmon played three games for Malik Hairston's team in Italy in early May but nothing since.

Any other Toros who might be there? We don't hear much about Toros.A few years back when the Spurs thought it was going to be a quiet summer, they planned on taking pretty much the entire Toros team and staff to Vegas and let them run the whole show, but they changed their mind at the last minute. This could be one of those summers depending on how many team members are available. There are usually a couple on the team at any rate.

I'd rally like to see the Toros who really stepped up in the playoffs and especially the finals like Dentmon, Eric Dawson, Terrance Woodbury, Brad Wanamaker and Julian Wright -- Wright especially since he's the kind of athlete the Spurs are lacking, though he's not a perfect fit at PF and definitely not an SF.